SEI Investments Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 16, 2017
Flexible work hours, great coworkers, and a fun environment that is also productive. Everyone is personable and there is no hierarchy within the building.
Fun Workplace
Support and Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 3, 2017
Kinda a "out college job" job these days then move on within a couple years. Some old timers still there. Hard to move up and follow any career path. Nice campus.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Clicky
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 1, 2017
Great place to work. Great learning opportunities, open environment, and fun poeple to work with. They also have good benefits. Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities.
Great work/life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAMay 17, 2017
The work/life balance is ideal; however, it's difficult to advance and/or switch departments or career paths. While it is a laid back atmosphere, it sometimes tends to more complacency than drive.
Great place
Business Analyst\Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAMay 4, 2017
Great place to start of the career for new Grads.
Good learning curve and you get to learn more about the functional aspect.
Open environment, and situated in mountains.
Great people to work with
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
Great people to work with they are changing the whole land scape of the company. They are up to date with technology and the way your boss will treat you will depend on performance (which is fair).
Pros
Willing to help
Its ok
Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAApril 6, 2017
An ok place to work, Not the best benefits and they say they are flexible with work schedules when they really arent flexible at all. But overall nice looking campus.
typical day at SEI
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2017
Not a hard job to do. It was a lot of hurry up and wait. The main purpose was to keep the hospital safe. Sometimes it would be slow and then sometimes things could get crazy
Pros
Nice people. Could get drinks free.
Cons
No healthcare.
Company is big on culture
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAMarch 23, 2017
Good company to start off your career, they host a lot of events for their employees. It may take some time getting used to not having a cubicle but it does increase employee interaction.
Nice place to work
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 19, 2017
Great place to work! I really enjoyed the call center atmosphere, as well as working with a great team! If you need a real career change, this is the place to be!
I love working here, wish they wouldn't of relocated to Missouri
Assembler/Solderer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 6, 2017
come in set up for my job , work my job which was never boring always challenging, I learned a lot about building assemblies?sub assembles/final assemblies, cable &wire harneesning .Management was great, hardest part of my job was working with engineers when there was problem on schematics/prints, most enjoyable part of my job they treated you like people ,not children or robots,
Pros
M-f, pd holidays, company picnics/parties, awards for good work
Cons
sometimes we had to work alot of overtime
Java Full Stack Developer
Java Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Hi, I came across the Opportunity Online and I am really interested in the role, I am open to relocate anywhere in the US. Please review my resume and should you have any questions please let me know. Thank you! Kind Regards Chandra
A Japanese owned Bank
Product/Solutions Manager Core Trust (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAFebruary 21, 2017
This is a well run California Bank owned by the Bank of Sanwa in Japan. Resourceful and adaptive to the changing banking environment.
Pros
Resourceful and Adaptive
Cons
Parent Company constraints.
Great start
Senior Analyst- Alternative Investments (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Not a bad start for first job out of school. Analyst pay is not terrible if you are able to work overtime. Fun environment, great culture and growing company.
The work environment was really good
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I was working under experts from whom I learnt a lot. I was more towards the security side. I have asisted in numerous projects for offshore and onshore teams.
young and energetic
Corporate Action Senior (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PADecember 14, 2016
great place to start your career. take full advantage of the opportunity and use the experience to pr long your professional career.
Great place to start but not stay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PANovember 22, 2016
SEI is a great place to start your career in the financial industry and acquire all the basic knowledge to launch your career at another firm.

Pro's: work/life balance

Con's: impossible to get a salary increase and advance w/in the company.
Very Good Place to Learn Investments and Gain Experience
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PANovember 12, 2016
This is a very good place to gain experience working in the investments industry, and can lead to either a career within the company or outside of the company, many opportunities depending on your career outlook. There are company happy hours throughout the year, and some teams even have team happy hours and holiday dinners. Definitely a great place to start or intern for anyone who wants a career in business or accounting.

My advice to management would be the following...Increase the salary to better compete in the industry, and try to provide more monetary benefits such as bonuses for stressful crunch times. Also ensure that when someone is promoted with an increase in the pay scale, that they will also receive their annual pay increase based on performance, this will boost morale for work ethic. When filling supervisory roles ensure that candidates have work experience and knowledge in that specific industry in which they are pursuing, this will lessen the burn-out of analysts who have to do all of the work and handle supervisory responsibilities at the same time. Finally, while in this industry part of the job is catering to client needs, there needs to be a clear line between serving a client's needs and serving as a client's whipping post. There has to be a point where there is push-back towards any client exhibiting borderline-abusive behavior.
Pros
Knowledge/work experience, company courses, college course reimbursement, team members (depending), open work environment, benefits, and more!
Cons
Stressful at times, high turnover, pay is below the industry average, and some are hired for supervisory roles who don't have experience in the industry.
SEI Investments - best job I ever had
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PANovember 8, 2016
SEI Investments was a great company to work for because they were concerned with not only making money but making sure their clients AND employees were happy.

Their commitment to their and their clients communities was comforting in a time when business seems to only be out for themselves.

Company was fairly flexible on work/family balance allowing me to work from home most days. This allowed me to best utilize my time spent on work items and was very beneficial to me personally.
Pros
flexible work/family balance
productive easy fun diverse
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 4, 2016
drive truck for aarons and deliver furniture and or return furniture do runs for collections department and or sales team
Pros
out of the store
Cons
always driving and dealing with customers away from the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEI Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval