SEKO Logistics

SEKO Logistics Employee Reviews

"Family/friends" oriented
Domestic Customer Service (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2015
Good company, "family" atmosphere. Always "emergencies" which was a good thing to keep you on toes. Very busy days, hard to find time for training (if you do not know all the ins & outs of logistics---quoting, etc). Helping customers was very rewarding.
Performed various duties
Forklift Operator/Order selector (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: early friday release if work was done.
Cons: hardwork was sometimes not recognized.
The good thing about Seko was that I improved my overall warehousing skills. Everyday I would have an order assigned to me and as I finished would go on to others. Put aways would take place at the end of the day. We had some hard workers as well as some not so much. The hardest part of the job was maintaining organization of the warehouse. The best part was pulling orders.
Shipping company with fast paced enviornment
Domestic Client Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: long hours, and very little days off
SEKO logistics is a fast paced shipping business expanding constantly. I started every day by compiling up to one hundred orders that needed to be categorized by where they were going and estimate the number of pallets it would consist of. After this morning task was done, I needed to find truckloads for each location, which on certain days consisted of more than 20 trucks. Once the trucks were ordered, I needed to compile a schedule for the next day so the warehouse would know what times each truck was coming so they could prepare accordingly.

Other than ordering the trucks for the next day, I was in charge of LTL (less than truck loads) for outside locations. An example of this would be if one pallet needed to be shipped from San Diego CA to Denver CO. I would have to find a rate generator for each order and get the best price I could. After that I would order a LTL service and track the shipment until it was complete.

Everyone that works at Seko Logistics is extremely hard working and friendly towards one another. Everyone is expected to work until the job is done, which mean a lot of overtime and time spent with one another. Even though some days proved stressful, everyone works as a team and a unit, instead of individuals.

The hardest part of working with this job was the long hours and relentless pressure to have everything complete without the appropriate time that orders are supposed to come in at. Management took a strong stance on customers needs, over clients following protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to multitask in stressful situations. This was a difficult, however it taught me how to prioritize and complete tasks that I wouldn't have believed I could have otherwise
Great environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), SeaTac, WADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, wonderful work environment.
Cons: none.
It was a great environment to work in. Learned a lot from managers, coworkers and parents. Had great benefits and many opportunities for advancement.
Operations Outbound Router / First Lead Agent (Current Employee), Itasca,ILSeptember 29, 2014
No comment on reviewing at this time. Information will be provided at a later date
Consultant role
Consultant (Former Employee), Itaska, ILSeptember 17, 2014
I only was here for a few weeks in a consultant role for a major presentation to a large client.
fun and fast
Professional Transport Operator (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 6, 2014
front desk , work data n phones warehouse . shipping / warehouse transport .good team work
Entergetic and team-filled enviroment
International Operations Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Face paced working environment with great team work. Must be highly organized and detailed oriented to succeed.
Work horse environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), buffalo, nyApril 21, 2014
I didn't sign up to review my companies. I don't care if you work there. Make your own judgments. Im moving on as soon as I can with this minimum word thing.
not bad place to work
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMarch 10, 2014
Not bad could thought out routes better than they did. Did not think,about saving money went to the same area 3 4 times a week when there was no need.
Not a very nice place to work
dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: talking to the customers
Cons: knowing what the employer and other employees were doing that was not on the up and up.
If you did not fit in or click with all the other employees, you were on the outside looking in. Your supervisors would load your work day with more and more work that needed to be completed before you could go home that you would spend 15 hours a day there and only get paid for 8. I was always the first in at 7 am and usually the last one out at 6 pm or later.
SEKO
Senior Director, Strategic Clients (Former Employee), Itasca, ILJuly 17, 2013
Hiring some new outside talent, may help sales growth. Business model is unique in that the strategic partners own 55% of the company.
Great owner, who started out small doing it all himself, so he was very intune with everything.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 28, 2013
Pros: we were encouraged to enteract with our customers for lunches etc
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement
I worked with a great group of people both in the office and on the phone. The work was always varied and time flew by. Probably the more enjoyable part of the job was problem solving. We were encouraged to think outside of the box if that's what it took to get the job done. I learned so much about time mgmt, multitasking and attention to detail. You needed all of these components to make things happen.
The Cincinnati office is not a friendly team environment.
International Air Operations Leader (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 23, 2013
Pros: laid-back office environment
Cons: low morale, no teamwork
I cannot speak for SEKO overall. The Cincinnati office was somewhat hostile with employees working against each other to ensure that they would keep their job. The owner was discriminatory and unethical.
Fast-Paced Environment with Awesome Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: flexible, fun
My first job while I was in high school was here. I simply filed and made calls but it was an awesome atmosphere and my supervisor worked with my schedule.

Co-workers were awesome and so much fun to be around. Always understanding when I called out sick or couldn't make it in because of after school activities
Loved the people and the job .
Export Agent (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 12, 2013
Pros: close to home
Taking pick ups and coordinating air export international shipments.
checking to make sure the cargo made the flight it was booked on. Informing customers all details regarding their shipment. Sent pre alert to overseas agent. Worked closely with overseas agents providing them with quotes and any other information they require
Poor management
Import Coordinator (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILMay 7, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: poor management
Business political, upper management listens not to employees
Good company
I.T. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Itasca,ILMarch 8, 2012
Great place to work and very friendly. Great training and competitive pay.

About SEKO Logistics

Founded in 1976, SEKO is a global third party logistics provider with 56 offices in the United States and 83 offices in more than – Read more

SEKO Logistics Salaries