SEKO Logistics Employee Reviews

Awful Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Seko's corporate structure does not care about the individual employee, they only care about the bottom line. At the individual level, the franchises typically are hard working team driven folks. But the corporate office is miserable.
n/a
Warehouse Specialist/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the Rochester team.
always supportive and flexible.
I learned a lot in my field while working here.
Hard work for minimum compensation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2015
Work long hours and on every holiday. Vacation is minimal and so are lunches. Verbal abuse from customers does not make this worth the pay.
Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2015
Very good company to learn export business. I will recommend to new employees wanted to learn truck rates. Supervisor provided great training.
Pros
Open environment to management
Cons
loc
Busy, fun, challenging
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2015
A typical day would consist of unloading an inbound shipment and checking each and every load with the check sheet provided by the truck driver with the load inside. Shipments were than loaded into outbound trucks according to final destination and the most efficient routes. I was responsible for data removal before it could be shipped back out.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short lunch
great work place
warehouse clerk/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  morrow gaOctober 4, 2015
good fun well balanced work place to grow and become an better productive worker and also learned new skills to help me grow into a better person
Come prepared with outside sales experience
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PASeptember 11, 2015
The base salary is okay, but the real plus is the car allowance and the expenses are covered. The operations team is amazing, getting you through the mine field that can be importing/exporting and domestic shipping.
If you have sales experience like me, but not outside sales experience, you will run into an issue. Outside sales is so different and they are not going to really provide you with any methodology to learn it. Use other resources, like blogs and people in the field who know what they're doing to guide you.
Six months is not long enough to see how someone will develop, especially if some of the relationships you are building with clients may take a year to flourish.
Warehouse
Ops (Former Employee) –  HaywardAugust 20, 2015
Company was unstable, disorganized and management was not trustworthy. I do not recommend this employer to any serious industry professionals. Company does not hire and has more temps than company employees.
Pros
I dont work there anymore
Cons
The pepole that work hard are overlooked
Great professional place of business
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 16, 2015
Great environment to work in. Great management. Awesome customer service. Working directly with thousands of people across the country is great. Being able to satisfy customers wants and needs. Love dealing professionally with employees from every SEKO Logistics location in the country is a plus.
My experience
Dedicated Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
My favorite job ever. I would go back in a heart beat. Genuine team. Great hours. Sucky discount, but still; a very fun, faced paced, upbeat environment.
Productive annd hard work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 5, 2015
Clock in and begin work.
How to scan and tag boxes, and the proper way to unload trucks.
The management was lousy.
My co-workers were good people.
The hardest part was working seven days a week.
But i really enjoyed the nature of the job.
Enjoyable and Challenging setting
IT Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 17, 2015
The people in SEKO's IT department are what drive the companies' success in the highly competitive logistics industry. The proprietary software SEKO has developed gives them an advantage over many of their competitors.
"Family/friends" oriented
Domestic Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2015
Good company, "family" atmosphere. Always "emergencies" which was a good thing to keep you on toes. Very busy days, hard to find time for training (if you do not know all the ins & outs of logistics---quoting, etc). Helping customers was very rewarding.
Performed various duties
Forklift Operator/Order selector (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 14, 2015
The good thing about Seko was that I improved my overall warehousing skills. Everyday I would have an order assigned to me and as I finished would go on to others. Put aways would take place at the end of the day. We had some hard workers as well as some not so much. The hardest part of the job was maintaining organization of the warehouse. The best part was pulling orders.
Pros
early friday release if work was done.
Cons
hardwork was sometimes not recognized.
Shipping company with fast paced enviornment
Domestic Client Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 22, 2014
SEKO logistics is a fast paced shipping business expanding constantly. I started every day by compiling up to one hundred orders that needed to be categorized by where they were going and estimate the number of pallets it would consist of. After this morning task was done, I needed to find truckloads for each location, which on certain days consisted of more than 20 trucks. Once the trucks were ordered, I needed to compile a schedule for the next day so the warehouse would know what times each truck was coming so they could prepare accordingly.

Other than ordering the trucks for the next day, I was in charge of LTL (less than truck loads) for outside locations. An example of this would be if one pallet needed to be shipped from San Diego CA to Denver CO. I would have to find a rate generator for each order and get the best price I could. After that I would order a LTL service and track the shipment until it was complete.

Everyone that works at Seko Logistics is extremely hard working and friendly towards one another. Everyone is expected to work until the job is done, which mean a lot of overtime and time spent with one another. Even though some days proved stressful, everyone works as a team and a unit, instead of individuals.

The hardest part of working with this job was the long hours and relentless pressure to have everything complete without the appropriate time that orders are supposed to come in at. Management took a strong stance on customers needs, over clients following protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to multitask in stressful situations.
  more... This was a difficult, however it taught me how to prioritize and complete tasks that I wouldn't have believed I could have otherwise  less
Pros
great employees
Cons
long hours, and very little days off
Great environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 22, 2014
It was a great environment to work in. Learned a lot from managers, coworkers and parents. Had great benefits and many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
great benefits, wonderful work environment.
Cons
none.
Operations Outbound Router / First Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Itasca,ILSeptember 29, 2014
No comment on reviewing at this time. Information will be provided at a later date
Consultant role
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Itaska, ILSeptember 17, 2014
I only was here for a few weeks in a consultant role for a major presentation to a large client.
fun and fast
Professional Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 6, 2014
front desk , work data n phones warehouse . shipping / warehouse transport .good team work
Entergetic and team-filled enviroment
International Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Face paced working environment with great team work. Must be highly organized and detailed oriented to succeed.