SEKO Logistics Employee Reviews

High Stress job
Merchandise Distributor Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2017
High stress company to work for. Mandatory overtime, worked 70+ hours a week on salary with no compensation. Sales people calling all hours of the day and night with no regard to personal/off time.
A regular warehouse job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 27, 2017
I knew I would start from the bottom but it was not my intention to stay there. I started off as the warehouse worker. In the morning have freight ready for delivery drivers and unload freight, scanning it in to the system and store in its appropriate location according to the delivery address. In the afternoon it would be a mix of incoming freight and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is would be unloading the heavier furniture and oversized fragile items.
Pros
multiple breakes
Cons
no progressing, stuck in the same place
The job is good but looking for something better for myself.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 5, 2017
The job consisted of going to the warehouse checking that my paperwork matches the freight load my truck call customers make deliveries and pick ups and keeping in touch with dispatch and making appointments on time. Then going back to Seko unloading and making sure all my paperwork was correct make copy's and clean the truck out and park it.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benefits.
Great Enviroment
Cartage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
SEKO was a GREAT company to work for, however; there were just some point of view differences that caused me to leave the company. I have NO negative words to speak as they were always there for the employees.
A clean warehouse with great management.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
SEKO Logistics was a great place to work. We had the opportunity to assist other companies in delivering goods to individuals on a private basis. We essentially received shipments and distributed them to where they needed to go around the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. The cargo was handled with care and very few mistakes were made.
Pros
Great Salary
Productive , great team environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 6, 2017
It was very fast paced with a great team environment. Employees were very helpful and hard working. Plenty young people to learn from and socialize with.
Pros
diverse
Cons
short breaks
Family Drama
Truckload Manager (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILDecember 27, 2016
Too Much Family and too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Non-existent management knowledge of the trucking industry with sales people running the show like their heads cut-off like chickens. Be very careful getting a job there.....
Work
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 7, 2016
i have a good experience with the company as data entry to now a helpdesk employee. It is a fun and experiences have made me a well around employee. the company is very informing and they keep you in loop that is goiing on with company as a whole
Pros
experience, co-workers helpful
Poor management
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 10, 2016
The management was more interested in making friends then promoting employee development. While I was there, in a branch or 10-12 people, 3 people quit or didn't return.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Expected to work long hours daily.
Stepping stone
Domestic Operations/Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 21, 2016
Seko Worldwide Logistics was my first "professional" organization after graduating from college. At this organization, I was able to learn professional skills to be succesful within the broader scope of Supply Chain management. It was fast paced, customer driven and we worked 360 days a year. At the same time, I knew that vertical growth was limited given the size of the organization and overall customer retention rates.
Pros
Developed a strong professional skill set.
Cons
Limited advancement.
very productive and experience building
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2016
Seko is a very busy Corporation because the deal with International shipments. My day's usually start off by unloading trailers and sorting Freight and pulling orders it's some time dealing with Hazmat.
Pros
great staff
Cons
dusty environment
Great company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Good company with lots of areas to sell within. Top tier SaaS. Great benefits, work environment and vacation. Lots of room for advancement. Keep in mind all offices are franchised.
Highly demanding with minimal reward
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 17, 2016
I learned a lot here. My coworkers were my favorite part of the job. Since a lot of operations people (domestic and international) work a lot of hours, we spend a lot of time together. The hardest part was proving my worth to management. I constantly felt as if there were a glass ceiling and that I was extremely replaceable. Overall, I learned a lot about transportation, the ins-and-outs of warehousing, and how to operate under pressure. Note, SEKO stations are franchises. The management style of one is not indicative of another.
Pros
free occasional lunches, coworkers, 401k match
Cons
high turnover rate, upper management view on employees
Seko Logistics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 10, 2016
Typical day at work was a high volume call center in my department.
Management was unorganized but that didn't prohibit me from doing my job. Co-workers were unprofessional to customers as well as fellow staff. Hardest part of my job was working with a management who had no experience and no handle on their employees, Allowed employees to come and go as they please leaving harsh work for those in office.
Great Company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 1, 2016
I had the opportunity to travel and coordinate trade shows and was given alot of freedom at my position.

The office is made up of great people and great leadership
Pros
Travel
Cons
Lots of firings in my time there
small company, very unorganized
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 15, 2016
i would not recommend working there very unstable very unorganized management is in disarray, they will release you without notice
Pros
day shift hours
Cons
no stability whatsoever
Good solid place to work.
Shipping/Receiving/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2016
Was driving 60 miles a day for commute. Did not have reliable vehicle at time. He was a new company struggling to get ahead so often times I did many different jobs in a day from driving to warehouse and management, depending on what was needed that day.
Cons
Did not see a future with this company.
Productive place friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 31, 2016
Working for Seko logistics was a good opportunity for me to grow as a person and gain experience. I worked with a lot of great people that i learned a lot from.
Pros
free lunches, co workers, schedule
Cons
health insurance, no growth
Very productive, stimulating and fast paced environment
Logistics Coordinator / Domestic Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
Very productive environment and relaxing atmosphere, co-workers are kind and helpful, payed holidays / vacation & sick days, payed lunch breaks as long as taken within a reasonable frame of time, and free catered lunch on holidays. There is room to grow and this job position teaches you imports / exports inside and out, and teaches you a steady pace in which to attend to multiple customers quickly and more than satisfactory.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
No healthcare benefits, short breaks
Great work environment and staff
Freight Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 8, 2016
Management was excellent here at SEKO Logistics located in Covington,LA. The job experiences was one of my first, and it really helped me learn the ropes of labor and hard work. Would certainly recommend this opportunity for anyone.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Some days are longer than others. The weather can be an issue sometimes too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEKO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8