Select Medical Corporation - SMRS Employee Reviews

ok job
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westernport, MDJanuary 29, 2016
The job itself was ok, Pay was fair. Benefits were provided. Not a bad company overall to work for. However, the particular location I worked at had a serious problem with the center manager. There were two sets of rules. One for her and one for all other employees. All other employees were great.
Pros
fair pay, benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Center manager on serious power trip, Medical benefits were to expensive to use.
Clean Facility
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2016
Select was a good place to work. The management was involved in the client care, and worked to make each clients time with us the most comfortable and productive possible.
Pros
Cons
Challenging schedule
Overall productive enviroment.
physical therapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 2, 2015
Company ended current contract in the building that I worked and moved to another company. A nursing home environment that assisted diverse population.
Pros
Good people in the company.
Cons
can be demanding.
No room to move up and no one to cover if you have sick kids
PSS (Former Employee) –  MNNovember 23, 2015
There is absolutely no room for advancement, and you can never get a covered time off to attend to a sick child.
The manager (at least the one I had) was very "big headed" and selfish. He had no consideration for people with children which of course he didn't have any. He would also talk about the patients after they left. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
They just really made you dread going to work every single day.
Pros
None really
Cons
Almost everyday
Great Teamwork, and structure.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2015
Great Teamwork, and structure. the patients are satisfied with the care rendered. Inpatient Physical therapy. Management knew what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the awesome happiness the patients displayed.
Pros
friendly staff
Fun workplace
Patient account representative (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 17, 2015
A typical day at NoveCare, checking voicemail to start the day. I handles the Massachusetts area, so I would have to go over patients accounts with any issues for the physical therapy they received. Calling insurance companies to go over medical bills and coding. Resubmitting bills, correct coding for bills and contacting patients to advise them of bills.
A great place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAOctober 14, 2015
I love the people I work with and they are all very friendly and helpful and supportive. I love working in healthcare and helping people with their problems.
Great place to work, great people and benefits
PTA, ATC, PSS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2015
40 hr/wk.
flexible work schedule
staff willing to learn/teach
easy documentation but can be time consuming
opportunities to progress and take on additional roles
Laid back place to work.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 15, 2015
Census is very variable which makes full time hours hard to achieve at times. Very fast paced. When busy, you must keep on your toes so as to make sure all clients are taken care of effectively.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Variable Census
Large turnover
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg PaAugust 23, 2015
It was a pleasure to get to know managers in our facilities. Even though we only spoke on the phone, you felt like they were friends. I think it was a stepping stone and we had a lot of temporary help.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
big employee turnover
Good to work for
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 15, 2015
Great company to work for, very willing to educate new employees. Willing to listen to employee concerns and find solution.
Pros
Clear on mission
Cons
Hard to get hold of
Good learning place
rehab aide and secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Select. The management and co workers were all friendly. The hardest part was leaving them. They helped me become a PTA.
fun
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plains, PAJuly 20, 2015
great rehab staff, all full of great knowledge, nursing kind and approachable, busy but clean environment on every floor
ideal place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
I was a PSS and I enjoyed welcoming the patient's and getting to watch them through their healing process. Some of the patient's would come in with bad injuries but the therapist at NovaCare have healing hands.
Pros
they have many locations
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Fast paced facility
Patient Acct Rep (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 5, 2015
I collected money from insurance companiesw and sent UB thru SSI program daily, also sent appeals when claims were either denied or underpaid. I did learn a lot from this company. I learned how to bill insurance through the SSI program & also how to bill Medicaid claims in Pennsylvania. Our manager was very tough, and never let us make a mistake with out letting us know. As tough as she was, if she hadn't been that tough, I may not have learned as much as I did. My co-workers, did not talk much, as our supervisor was very demanding and proud of our 0 mistake reputation. I did not have time to socialize. The hard part of my job was also the most enjoyable part, was learning more about billing, collecting and appealing claims.
Pros
How much I learned
Cons
I often left work upset and stressed out
Autonomy
Patient Service Specialist (Lead) (Current Employee) –  HoustonMay 27, 2015
Select Medical provides an environment of autonomy, allowing each clinic and staff member to apply best practices as needed for location and clientele.
Best learning experience for a PT student
Rehab Aide, Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2015
I worked as a part of Drexel's co-op program. I learned from many established physical therapists that have different approaches to therapy. My daily duties were that of a rehab aide and receptionist during late hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cooperative and positive staff.
Great PTs
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
The PTs are very committed to and invested in all patients. Also, they were very receptive to all my questions as an intern.
hard to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 6, 2015
Not the best place in the world . The Management never followed through with anything and to many people to do one job and not enough to do others.
Pros
People
Cons
work
Not what I expected
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 17, 2015
Not what I expected from a company of over 30k employees. All the computer software is al least 20 years behind the times.
Pros
hours are ok
Cons
medical benefits are terrible and expensive