Select Medical Corporation - SMRS Employee Reviews

Good to work for
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Canton, OHAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Clear on mission
Cons: Hard to get hold of
Great company to work for, very willing to educate new employees. Willing to listen to employee concerns and find solution.
Good learning place
rehab aide and secretary (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJuly 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Select. The management and co workers were all friendly. The hardest part was leaving them. They helped me become a PTA.
fun
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Plains, PAJuly 20, 2015
great rehab staff, all full of great knowledge, nursing kind and approachable, busy but clean environment on every floor
ideal place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: they have many locations
Cons: not alot of room for advancement
I was a PSS and I enjoyed welcoming the patient's and getting to watch them through their healing process. Some of the patient's would come in with bad injuries but the therapist at NovaCare have healing hands.
Fast paced facility
Patient Acct Rep (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 5, 2015
Pros: How much I learned
Cons: I often left work upset and stressed out
I collected money from insurance companiesw and sent UB thru SSI program daily, also sent appeals when claims were either denied or underpaid. I did learn a lot from this company. I learned how to bill insurance through the SSI program & also how to bill Medicaid claims in Pennsylvania. Our manager was very tough, and never let us make a mistake with out letting us know. As tough as she was, if she hadn't been that tough, I may not have learned as much as I did. My co-workers, did not talk much, as our supervisor was very demanding and proud of our 0 mistake reputation. I did not have time to socialize. The hard part of my job was also the most enjoyable part, was learning more about billing, collecting and appealing claims.
Autonomy
Patient Service Specialist (Lead) (Current Employee), HoustonMay 27, 2015
Select Medical provides an environment of autonomy, allowing each clinic and staff member to apply best practices as needed for location and clientele.
Best learning experience for a PT student
Rehab Aide, Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2015
I worked as a part of Drexel's co-op program. I learned from many established physical therapists that have different approaches to therapy. My daily duties were that of a rehab aide and receptionist during late hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cooperative and positive staff.
Great PTs
Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
The PTs are very committed to and invested in all patients. Also, they were very receptive to all my questions as an intern.
hard to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 6, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: work
Not the best place in the world . The Management never followed through with anything and to many people to do one job and not enough to do others.
Not what I expected
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAApril 17, 2015
Pros: hours are ok
Cons: medical benefits are terrible and expensive
Not what I expected from a company of over 30k employees. All the computer software is al least 20 years behind the times.
Great company
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia PaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: overtime available
Cons: closed the cbo
Learned alot of banking resolution technique
Great managers
Too much stress and low tolerance
Pss (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no tolerance and mad coworkers
they don't let you learn because they are always bringing the bad in you. Bad place to work.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with. me enjoying what i did.
Cons: no room to grow
Enter charge tickets for the day and complete the close from the previous day. Checked in patients, went over new patient paperwork and collected copays. Verified benefits for new patients, requesting extended authorizations for physical therapy, USDOL, and workers comp C-9's. Pull chart for next days patients, called patients to remind them of their next day appointments. I had a mentor that taught me a lot about how to cut time when days get busy. Had a great group of people that I worked with a lot of team players.
Fun place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 5, 2014
Processed payroll for 1,200 employees.
Worked closely with Area Vice Presidents to update and ensure payroll procedures.
Great work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Somerdale, NJNovember 4, 2014
Cons: long hours
I enjoy my job very much especially the people I work with. I have long work days and they make it easier for the day to fly by quickly. Best part of my job is being the "go to" source that everyone depends one. The hardest part of my job is not fulling the best part of my job. I mostly enjoy the patients. It makes a good environment when patients feel comfortable with you and know they are treated like human being just like we are.
Productive and Professional Work place
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Abington, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: comfortable office, good working conditions
Cons: trainging can be unorganized, upper management not envolved
I enjoy my job as a Patient Service Specialist very much, although the training was a lot to take in it was worth the experience. I have been working here for over a year now and I have learned so much including medical billing, you never know medical insurances as well as you think you do, I am still learning! I enjoy conversing and taking interest in our patients needs. I also enjoy doing what I can to fulfil those needs such as insurance and patient care questions. I enjoy working with the Physical Therapist very much we make a good team, he does he share of the job and I do mine!
Hostile work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), North East, MDOctober 6, 2014
Pros: helping my patients
Cons: inconsistency
The job itself is something that I love to do- Talk with patients, and get them the best care they could ask for. Explaining a patients benefits to them gives me a great sense of helpfulness and pride, especially for those who don't quiet understand what they carry. I also do the scheduling and billing closes for this company. The billing closes intrigue me because there are so many different aspects of these insurances that have to be understood. To be able to carry out a profitable billing cycle each week has been difficult for the center that I work for but I know how to do the best that I can given the circumstances, all while keeping my patients in the top tier of thought as well.

The latter half of that last statement isn't something my boss is really in tuned to. He also has no human compassion, he expects entirely too much for someone who is not in the management position like himself. That being the least favorite part of my job is minute compared to the better parts, but unfortunately happiness does not pay my bills or take care of my daughter.
Focus at al times
Health Information/Credentialing Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: parking
Good company , understands customer servicer is priority.
Teamwork
Scheduler (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
The scheduling team work very well together, the learning experience was great.
Being able to balance work and Family
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexibility and being able to work both in a office and at home.
Cons: none.
Admin Mgr for 28 centers with a co-worker. Flexible hrs. Business administration and reporting. Training and Interviewing of new employees, Travelling to centers. Staff was great. Management team was wonderful. Would have liked to have kept this position.