Select Medical Corporation - SMRS

Select Medical Corporation - SMRS Employee Reviews

Senior Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 23, 2016
varies, no day is the same, huge turn over in the entire staff, there are some great staff, there was no support from management, everyone out for themselves not the patients
Very fast paced
Help Desk/System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 26, 2016
I worked on the help desk and was very fast paced and fun to do. Love the customer service that I could share and the knowledge that I learned. Left to start our own business.
Pros
great money
Cons
short lunches
Steady pace of work
Billing Account Rep - Select Medical (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 11, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with , and the fact that I am always busy. The benefits are great , however everyone's biggest complaint here is the pay rate . Quarterly bonuses are possible but not always promised .
Unless you don't mind not having a life don't work here
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 7, 2016
I would say the benefits and PTO were good and I liked my co workers and patients. Management and administration is a different story. I went through 3 DORs before I completed a year of employment there, they either quit because they were fed up with the building or were forced out by administration of the building. Management constantly criticizes for productivity that is under 90% but does not give solutions to fix that or on documentation issues. Expect you to work overtime and to wait for new admissions to evaluate on the first day even when you do not have any work to do as all treatments are done and expect you to sit around even if it ends up being a two hours plus wait or if the patient comes at all. I could go over more but i don't want to ramble on. I would recommend not working for this company there are better places out there keep looking it is not worth it to work here.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers are nice, patients are nice
Cons
Excessive overtime, management is incompetent, no hope for advancement
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 3, 2016
Physical therapist assistants help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care. Physical therapist assistants, sometimes called PTAs, and physical therapist aides work under the direction and supervision of physical therapists.
sucks
Rehab Technician/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 2, 2016
typical day at work, sucks, what i learned they suck, management super suck, co-worker, suck, hardest part of job- ealing with sucky people, enjoyable part of the day, nothing
This is a very productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 19, 2016
The night starts out with me getting report from day shift. I then check each of my patients charts to gather information Re: each patient. Ex: code status, Npo, foleys,ostomys etc. I introduce myself to each patient on my first set of rounds and let them know that I will be with them until 7am.( work 12 hour shifts) 9 patients is this most that I've had since I've been employed here. That's a lot...These patients are really sick and needs a lot of attention. The RN usually have either 4 to 5 patients per night. They are not above giving patients baths, helping to reposition or answering any call lights... which is a big help. The pay is not very good here.. for a hospital...you may be able to survive with a prn job on the side. The supervisors are pleasant to work with and do not mind helping you either.
Upper management seems to be okay. Haven't really had to deal with them since I've been here..That may be a good thing.
We have an amplion system for call lights and patient requests
For Ex: if they ask for ice..it will ring your phone and show up on TV monitor you accept it or deny it depending on what you are doing..Then it will ring someone else's phone on the floor for them to assist that patient.
This job is physically hard and mentally rewarding. If you don't enjoy helping people and you are just looking for a paycheck.
You will be very disappointed...I am here to make life a little easier on our patients..i came on with the understanding that I was not going to strike it rich...but if I can make a difference in someone's life. That would be my bonus.
Pros
All disciplines working together for one great outcome
Cons
Low pay. (You have to love what you do.)
Nice relaxed work place
Patient Service Specialist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19147June 15, 2016
I do enjoy working for Nova Care ( Select Medical) . I have learned how to verify insurances what Out of pocket, and Deductibles mean. How to answer high volume of calls. The hardest part about my job is that I work alone, I am the only Receptionist here in this office so I am very much relied on. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients.
Pros
Very nice manager
Cons
Very small work space, having to work alone
Great manager
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJMay 16, 2016
I've learned a lot working for this company. Everyone is very helpful. And the location is good. Co-workers are awesome.
Great coworkers, horrible and uncaring management and doctors
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIApril 29, 2016
My coworkers were like my second family. Management was horrible. They would say one thing and then do another behind your back. We went through 2 CEOs, 2 CNOs, and 4 RT managers in the 3 years I was there. The doctors only cares about how much money they were making. Most didn't even go into the rooms, just looked at the labs and write some orders. A lot of the orders would contradict each other. Horrible doctor to doctor communication. As long as management and doctors were making their bonuses, that's all that mattered. All they want are order following monkeys, no brain required.
Cons
Short to no breaks, still on the stoneage of paper charting, terrible benefits

Want to know more about Select Medical Corporation - SMRS?

Ask a question
Not a place to stay
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2016
Select Specialty Hospital gives superior care to patients. I would recommend this facility over all other LTACS in Tulsa. The problems are with the structure of jobs. Managers wear too many hats, have too many responsibilities to be successful and feel like you are doing a good job. In a regular hospital, there would be 3 separate people doing my job. The same goes for every manager there. The stress and constant micro managing of upper management is not worth the low pay. If Select is going to run like a small hospital, they need to staff like a hospital. No one can be expected to run multiple departments, be micro managed, and have low pay. The corporation must be making lots of money by using this model that keeps workers feeling depleted but makes upper management big bonuses.
Pros
Very caring immediate co-workers, very competent and caring people to work with, clinically
Cons
Company culture, old school management style. micro management by upper management, not a fun working environment, due to CEO, CNO
The worst place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2016
This company does not care at all about their employees. The acuity is always wrong. They are always understaffed, nurses have anywhere from 5 patients on day shift and 6+ on night shift with no aids or monitor techs. There are many days where there are no aids on the unit. The nurses do not get to take lunches even though they are docked for them, nurses don't have breaks throughout the day, and the nurse manager is nowhere to be found on the unit, no matter how much everyone is struggling due to short staffing. The upper management sit in their offices, if they even come in, and have their doors closed. The morale is nonexistent in the North location. The management does not care about nurses working hard to take care of their patients, they only care about bringing in new admissions even without the proper staffing. Many nurses stay over to finish their work and are given points because they do not want to leave this work for the next shift. I would never recommend this company to anyone even as a last resort. Every nurse in this facility is putting their license on the line every day. Again management does not care about it's employees, most the time management is not present in the facility. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can from this company, losing your license isn't worth it!!!
Pros
there are no pros working here
Cons
no lunch breaks, understaffed
Exciting and Everchanging
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 10, 2016
As an athletic trainer, you get to see and cover it all. However, under school outreach contracts, the pay tends to be lower than average and you're required to work nights, weekends and holidays
Pros
Fun, Great starter position
Cons
Hours are not great for having a social life
No Advancement
PT (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 21, 2016
Unrealistic demands, poor recognition, no raises, no reimbursement for CEU...
Poor flexibility with schedule and no guarantee holiday off when requested.
Nice people
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brielle, NJFebruary 8, 2016
In the clinical office, people come and go regularly adding to the fun mix of "guests". Always an opportunity expand one's knowledge either from the work itself or the people attending.
Pros
the hours
Cons
advancement limited without travel
ok job
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westernport, MDJanuary 29, 2016
The job itself was ok, Pay was fair. Benefits were provided. Not a bad company overall to work for. However, the particular location I worked at had a serious problem with the center manager. There were two sets of rules. One for her and one for all other employees. All other employees were great.
Pros
fair pay, benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Center manager on serious power trip, Medical benefits were to expensive to use.
Clean Facility
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2016
Select was a good place to work. The management was involved in the client care, and worked to make each clients time with us the most comfortable and productive possible.
Pros
Cons
Challenging schedule
Overall productive enviroment.
physical therapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 2, 2015
Company ended current contract in the building that I worked and moved to another company. A nursing home environment that assisted diverse population.
Pros
Good people in the company.
Cons
can be demanding.
No room to move up and no one to cover if you have sick kids
PSS (Former Employee) –  MNNovember 23, 2015
There is absolutely no room for advancement, and you can never get a covered time off to attend to a sick child.
The manager (at least the one I had) was very "big headed" and selfish. He had no consideration for people with children which of course he didn't have any. He would also talk about the patients after they left. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
They just really made you dread going to work every single day.
Pros
None really
Cons
Almost everyday
Great Teamwork, and structure.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2015
Great Teamwork, and structure. the patients are satisfied with the care rendered. Inpatient Physical therapy. Management knew what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the awesome happiness the patients displayed.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical Corporation - SMRS. Our community is ready to answer.

53%