Select Medical Employee Reviews

Good People & Bad Management/HR
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 30, 2016
The PTO system is about 1 hour per bi weekly per pay check to start slowly moving up to 2 hours after 3 years. Management will not resolve issues timely, and will let issues linger. The unrealistic goals are hard to achieve because Management won't resolve issues which makes the employees below them look terrible. They will let seasoned employees watch all coworkers be given raises and promotions while seasoned workers answer questions and get in trouble for not being productive.
Overall: Hershey Park day and quarterly bonuses they wait till the day of to tell you about.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses (subject to meeting goal)
Cons
Management is terrible
Promoting within and advancement opportunities
Patient Account Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 27, 2016
I love working for Select because they look at their employees as individuals. Management genuinely cares to see each employee advance within the company in the direction they individually are interested in.
Pros
PTO, 2 paid 15min breaks, paid holidays, dress down days and company parties
Cons
30 minute non paid lunch, not convenient shifts
Looks good on paper but discouraging place to work.
COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 15, 2016
The culture looks great on paper,especially the Select Medical Way. It isn't practiced,however. Promotions are based on friendships, not ability. The rules and policies are constantly broken by management and their cronies. When the person promoted can't handle the work it is parceled out to the worker bees. Forget about transferring too. If you are a worker bee, management bargains with other departments to keep you in the same place.
Pros
Hershey park picnic, coworkers, Bonus.
Great Opportunities
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 8, 2016
You come in an do the same thing everyday.

Learned a lot by working here

Hardest part of job, does not work well with people who have little kids at home.

The benefits every once in awhile
Pros
Manage your own accounts
Cons
not paid for lunch, in turn have to work an extra half hour or hour, no real advancement unless you are really good friends with boss
Family oriented high energy place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Select Medical .. over the years I have formed many relationships some professional and some personal. My work atmosphere was family oriented..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
work at select medical
Manual Tester (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 24, 2016
my first experience as a manual tester. i worked for there for a short time and completed the project succesfully. my team was very helpfull. i started learning regarding the project by there guidance. i joined the company without real time experience in testing and they trained me well.
Rehab Tech
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2016
I worked as a Rehab Tech for 4 years and I loved my job. When I started I had zero experience. They trained me and made sure I was comfortable before starting. It challenged me, educated me, and kept me busy. I had an incredible group of co-workers. They were flexible with my hours before, during and after my pregnancy and even while I was in college. I will always be thankful for the time and experience Select Medical provided me with.
Pros
Great learning experience, great co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
Hours were cut
short stay
Accounts Payable Specialist/Expense (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 8, 2016
go to work log in start processing expense reports. I learned how to work in Oracle and Markview. Management needs help they done know how to manage a department, they run people out of the company.
Select
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 13, 2016
I loved my job at Select, it was a very team oriented place and we had a lot of support from the management. They were always willing to listen to any ideas that we had.
Great work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2016
Great place to work for. Management at every level does everything they can to accommodate their employees. Size of each clinic is not huge so it calls for plenty of interaction with colleagues
Productive and laid back environment
Lead Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Multitasking between phone calls, schedules, other systems and all communication lines. Usually learn something new from consistent change. Being overwhelmed can come easy. Work with a great group in a laid back environment.
Pros
Rollover accured PTO
Cons
No advancement
A Clean Faulty
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 6, 2016
My experience with Select Medical started off being great being that i had work with a lot people before and the work environment was familiar. I hate that they let me go but the experience there i never forget.
Pros
Friendly staff meeting
Cons
No teamwork at time
My experience at Select
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 6, 2016
When starting at select the staff was friendly and eager to help, being that i work with alot staff member before at my previous job it was easy to blend in and catch on quick to the work that needed to be done. We keep a clean environment for the staff and for patients and their family member. At time i had difficulty but that was at the end when they fired me.
Pros
keeping the staff updated
Cons
lack of teamwork
Medical Corporation with facilities across the United States.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 17, 2016
Great company to work for, provides medical care across the United States. Has over twenty thousand employees nationwide.
Pros
Remote positions.
Great Company - Leadership needs improvement!
Claims Management Representative Level II (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 6, 2016
Great company to work for but some of the leaders are a joke. They're extremely disrespectful to some of the employees and they're severely undereducated where their jobs are concerned. They've lost a lot of great talent for this reason.
Pros
Hershey Park Tickets and flexibility
Cons
Uneducated, underperforming Supervisors, expecting collectors to do their work for them.
Overworked and underpaid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  HummelstownMay 3, 2016
Poor management, always short staffed, very physically demanding,
Staff doesn't try to work together, just complain about each other.
very flexible schedule,
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2016
Great co-workers. management is good. HR is also very helpful. Job work/ Life Balance is the best part of this job. Some of the facilities you work in are questionable.
great co workers, good learning environment
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 25, 2016
Workplace and coworkers were wonderful! Great building, Great residents, Great Staff.
Upper management however was generally not supportive/often critical of staff and have been on pay freeze for over 5 years with healthcare costs continue to rise
Pros
workplace, coworkers
Cons
increasing healthcare costs along with no pay increase
Bad Work Environement
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 4, 2016
Pros:

Learned a great deal but at the expense of everything else within a work environment

Cons:

Bad training
Negative work environment
Awful management
Cliquey
Plenty of work for job security
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 31, 2016
I have learned that each and every insurance company processes claims differently. While sometimes challenging, it was a good experience to learn new information on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8