Select Physical Therapy

Select Physical Therapy Employer Reviews

The Patients
Patient Specialist Service (PSS) (Former Employee), Northglenn, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: the patients. select did nothing for the employees
Cons: the pay
Typical work day was always busy and kept me going. Took over from a lady who had work there for 7 years. She never followed the process that the company demand. I had a mess on my hands when I was hired. I learned a lot about insurances, work-comp, VA and just in general how people want to feel special when they came in. They were in pain and we were – more... here to help them. Plus I was the first one they would see and speak with so if I wasn't pleasant to them than their time there would be bad and they might not return. Us front desk people in my opinion make or break the environment.

Select PT's management-Well they were mostly men and they treated the front desk ladies disrespectfully. They would just say sentences like......they are desperate and they will work for so much $$$. Only the desperate would take this job. I could learn their job in a week and do it well. I always told my head boss, fine than sit down and do. They thought we had an easy job. Just because they went to school for 7 years made them better than us. The PSS's have a lot to do and they forget that if we don't do our jobs correctly or with care, it effects their jobs.

I loved all my co-workers. Some PT's I did not care for because they had big heads and could barely get through the door.
But most of all, all the ladies were great to work with. Down to earth and easy to talk with when needing some support.

Hardest part of the job is when you are requesting paperwork from like DOL or work-men's Comp and they sit on it for days or even weeks. Dealing with them can get a bit tiresome or when the PT's would not finish their notes on time and it made it extremely difficult on us ladies for batching. What a mess that was.

Most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my patients return with smiles on their faces and knowing that they are happy to be having PT done and that it is not a miserable place to be. My patients and I would talk about everything while waiting to be seen. My clinic was not quite. That to me is the worse thing in the world when a patient comes in and you have to whisper to your husband or wife because the clinic waiting room is boring or oh so quite. I love to interact with my patients and their family members. I was good at my job and my patients loved me. I miss them and my clinic. At Select someone had to quit, get fired or die before you could run your own clinic. I was lucky. They fired her at the Northglenn clinic and it became my baby. I loved every minute of it. – less
Good clinic in the Woodlands
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 11, 2014
Skilled therapists who can provide the highest level of patient care. You will not regret coming here for your therapy.
Inconsistent policies across different locations
Therapy Professional (Current Employee), South FloridaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: therapy staff is overall a good group of individuals.
Cons: management in south broward not concerned with quality of care, unfair practices, unethical.
Overall not the place to work long term. Good place to start as a new grad to get experience in a fast pace environment.
Inconsistent rules in different regions.
Assembly line of care mentality, especially in Broward County.
Probably the worst physical outpatient rehab in area.
learn a lot, easy going co-workers, great enviroment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 14, 2014
easy work environment, fun working with many different people, some long days, but some fun days working that fly by, therapist care about their patients, and always teaching and providing info.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fun work place, friendly co-workers
Cons: long commute from where i lived
A typical day included scheduling new patients, Functional Capacity Evals or Post offer employment testing. I ran batch reports collected co-pays and verified insurnace benefits.
produtive company
Athletic Trainer, Select Physical Therapy (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTJanuary 10, 2014
work in a fast paced field. the company offers a lot of opportunity to advance in the field, and maintain knowledge and current skills
Patient Service Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: need approval for vacation & coverage
Making sure my patients are checked in and checked out, follow up appointments are made, co pays are collected, insurance is verified. Learned a lot about insurance, billing, entering patient's information correctly with no errors. The most enjoyable part about my job was meeting the patients, knowing that they are well taken care of by my PT/PTA & – more... myself and they were feeling great at the time of discharge. I enjoyed the fact that I was in a small clinic but there was no room for advancement. – less
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: holidays off, weekends off
Cons: pto -no paid holidays
I loved working here and would have continued but they just didn't have anything full time open for me so I had to find something else. Other than that I love the people and the environment.
Select Physical THerapy
Correspondence Clerk- Process (Current Employee), canonsburg,PAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: very nice people to work with, learning healthcare information, full time, daylight.
Cons: healthcare benefits, and pay.
A typical day at work would be calling insurance companies to get the claims paid on patients accounts. I have learned a lot at this company and how to deal with insurance companies. THe management team is very good on helping you on where you need to be. The hardest part of the job i would say is trying to figure out why insurnace companies are not – more... paying the contract amount. The most enjoable part of the job i would say is always learning something new. – less
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 31, 2013
Staff are great to work with its a good place to learn new things :)
Athletic Trainer at WDW Positions
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, Florida (WDW)January 5, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: no site benefits whatsoever. no entry into park, no discounts, nothing.
First comment from other staff Athletic Trainers at this entertainment venue is: "You better start looking for another job". This position does not pay well, (sub $17 hr), and you only utilize 20% of your skills you learned in school and at other jobs. Categorized by NATA as industrial / entertainment setting but not treated as professionals, basically – more... a glorified strength and conditioning coach. Not allowed to practice medical therapeutic techniques. This is not a job for new grads as they will enter the job green and full of energy and leave a broken athletic trainer with very rusty skills. – less
Great group of people
Patient Service Specialists (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: very flexiable
Cons: job was only as needed
A typical day would include checking in patients, answering all phone calls, scheduling patients appts, and verifiying insurance.
Productive, fun and great teamwork
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 9, 2012
Pros: ....
Cons: ....
Great place to work. Great management. I loved my job. Great teamwork.