Select Physical Therapy

Select Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

By far the worst corporate company I worked for
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 1, 2016
I traveled between several clinics and none of them were enjoyable. Management only cares about their numbers not their staff, my CM referred to me as girl instead of by name, yelled in front of patients at me. Regional management comes around and just picks apart all your work. Don't expect good pay or raises for your hard work or ever be told your doing good cause this would not be the place.
The Worst Company
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTJanuary 12, 2017
The worst company to work for.The management only cares about themselves. No room for advancement. Corporate is awful. Not a company that you want your work for. Select is a Joke.
Pros
Committed to the patients.
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLNovember 20, 2016
Great team of employees, everyone understands that no one person is more important than any other and we are a team. Each one of the team will step up when you have a need, each one willing to step in and help out to get the patient taken care of. The patient comes first, today when healthcare is changing so drastically, it is very easy to forget that we aren't there just to work reports or meet budget goals, but to take care of the patient.
Our team does a great job of going above and beyond to provide great customer service and to care for the patient to get them back to doing the things they love.
Pros
Love the interaction with the patients and getting to be part of their progress and sucess.
Cons
Very fast paced, healthcare/insurance rules change quite frequently.
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 21, 2017
Good hours, good people to work with. Productivity is expected but manageable. Good supervisors. Work every 4th weekend.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
work every 4th weekend
Friendly staff
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 3, 2016
Friendly staff at all the NOVA clinics. Very helpful co-workers in every office. Providing patient centered physical therapy to every patient. Up to date front desk spaces.
Pros
Friendly staff/coworkers
Cons
Long commutes
Productive and enjoyable enviornement
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Provide great customer service when checking in and out patients. Assist patients when needed. Keep schedules filled without over booking. Enjoy lots of team building to be the best.
Pros
Steady upbeat environment
Cons
No advancement
Athletic training at Disneyland in anahiem, ca
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2015
If you accept this job I would highly recommend you immediately start looking for another job. I was a former employee. you will utilize about 10% of your knowledge, be treated as a glorified personal trainer, and rapidly loose your skills. My co-workers and patients were the only positive about this job. The pay is under 20/hr which is unacceptable in southern California. education doesn't play a role in your rate. select PT management is unsupportive. benefits are not worth the money. horrible PTO policy. no room for growth. no continuing education. no vision for the program. no benefits to disney amenities. The hardest part of this job is that select physical therapy and these managers at this location do not value the role athletic trainers play in providing health care.
Pros
Cons
pay, no education, no ability to use your skills
Select Physical THerapy
Correspondence Clerk- Process (Current Employee) –  canonsburg,PAFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day at work would be calling insurance companies to get the claims paid on patients accounts. I have learned a lot at this company and how to deal with insurance companies. THe management team is very good on helping you on where you need to be. The hardest part of the job i would say is trying to figure out why insurnace companies are not paying the contract amount. The most enjoable part of the job i would say is always learning something new.
Pros
very nice people to work with, learning healthcare information, full time, daylight.
Cons
healthcare benefits, and pay.
Athletic Trainer at WDW Positions
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, Florida (WDW)January 5, 2013
First comment from other staff Athletic Trainers at this entertainment venue is: "You better start looking for another job". This position does not pay well, (sub $17 hr), and you only utilize 20% of your skills you learned in school and at other jobs. Categorized by NATA as industrial / entertainment setting but not treated as professionals, basically a glorified strength and conditioning coach. Not allowed to practice medical therapeutic techniques. This is not a job for new grads as they will enter the job green and full of energy and leave a broken athletic trainer with very rusty skills.
Pros
none that i can think of.
Cons
no site benefits whatsoever. no entry into park, no discounts, nothing.
Work Day
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2016
I learned different aspects of insurance. You learn how the physical therapist differ in technique and how they run their clinics.
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 10, 2016
Great job if your looking for some learning experience in the medical field to get started. But once you are there you don't get many opportunities to move up in your position. They(the office i worked in) basically see you as a body working the front desk and nothing more they don't value their PSS's.
Pros
flexible with school hours
Cons
job is very stagnate. There aren't any opportunities to move up in company.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day included scheduling new patients, Functional Capacity Evals or Post offer employment testing. I ran batch reports collected co-pays and verified insurnace benefits.
Pros
Fun work place, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long commute from where I lived
Great work invironmet and team to work with.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conifer, COApril 11, 2016
Flexible hours for a part time employee. Company provides continuing education classes. Clinic able to provide great relationship with clients.
Pros
Great family feel practice.
Cons
could be extremly busy or etremly slow
Productive and fun workplace with great co workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 15, 2015
- A typical day consists of treating up to twenty three patients, completing required documentation, and discussing patient plan of care for each patient seen with supervising PT
- I learned numerous Physical Therapy skills, efficient time management skills, outstanding people skills, etc.
- Great management I've worked with to date
- Greatest co-workers I've worked with to date
- The hardest part of the job would be the long and ever changing hours of clinic operation to meet clients needs, and coping with the many personalities you will work with in a days time
- Co workers, meeting so many new people on a daily basis, and the knowledge of helping so many people in need of PT interventions
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
The ever changing insurance polocies
Busy but nice environment.
Senior Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 19, 2015
Like any job, Select can get hectic and stressful, specially dealing with injured patients. Regardless, it has been pleasant working for the company, my bosses and co workers are great and understating, and the management works with us if ever we have any emergency situation.
office just opened not as busy
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 3, 2016
small office just started not as busy.
a lot of verifying insurances you're basically running an office with only one physical therapist starting at 9 in the morning is a plus but not working till 7 pm
Pros
get to start at 9 am
Cons
work 7 pm three night a week
Skilled Nursing Facility
Student Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 8, 2015
Inpatient/Outpatient facility, worked with elderly patients on education/fall risk, functional ROM, improving balance, walking and gait sequence, along with improving overall conditioning with the main goal or objective to assist and determine if patient would be able to return home. Co-workers were great, and CI was very helpful. I have no specific complaints about the job, and the job was most enjoyable when the elderly patients were able to make progress in their recovery and return home and family.
exceptional, and fun clinic to work
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 29, 2016
Select is a great company to work for. The Physical Therapy staff is incredibly knowledgeable and willing to share their experience.
Pros
Incredible staff
Cons
N/A
Productive and Fun
Level 2 Fieldwork Rotation (Student) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 1, 2015
During this rotation I had the opportunity to learn from and work with two certified hand therapists in an
outpatient rehabilitation setting. Most clients were working age adults who had injuries to their shoulder,
elbows, and/or hands. Throughout this rotation I was progressively given more responsibilities each week. My
responsibilities consisted of performing evaluations, reevaluations, discharges, developing a plan care, and
maintaining quality care and communication with clients and facility staff.
Patient Service Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCNovember 1, 2013
Making sure my patients are checked in and checked out, follow up appointments are made, co pays are collected, insurance is verified. Learned a lot about insurance, billing, entering patient's information correctly with no errors. The most enjoyable part about my job was meeting the patients, knowing that they are well taken care of by my PT/PTA & myself and they were feeling great at the time of discharge. I enjoyed the fact that I was in a small clinic but there was no room for advancement.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Need approval for vacation & coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Select Physical Therapy Reviews by Location