Select Physical Therapy

Select Physical Therapy Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 10, 2016
Great job if your looking for some learning experience in the medical field to get started. But once you are there you don't get many opportunities to move up in your position. They(the office i worked in) basically see you as a body working the front desk and nothing more they don't value their PSS's.
Pros
flexible with school hours
Cons
job is very stagnate. There aren't any opportunities to move up in company.
exceptional, and fun clinic to work
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 29, 2016
Select is a great company to work for. The Physical Therapy staff is incredibly knowledgeable and willing to share their experience.
Pros
Incredible staff
Cons
N/A
office just opened not as busy
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 3, 2016
small office just started not as busy.
a lot of verifying insurances you're basically running an office with only one physical therapist starting at 9 in the morning is a plus but not working till 7 pm
Pros
get to start at 9 am
Cons
work 7 pm three night a week
Busy but nice environment.
Senior Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 19, 2015
Like any job, Select can get hectic and stressful, specially dealing with injured patients. Regardless, it has been pleasant working for the company, my bosses and co workers are great and understating, and the management works with us if ever we have any emergency situation.
I absolutely loved working here.
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 26, 2015
I ran the front office. I answered the phones, check patients in/out, took copays, did computer work, faxes, filing and anything else my boss asked of me.
Pros
very nice people that i worked with
Cons
there aren't any
Skilled Nursing Facility
Student Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 8, 2015
Inpatient/Outpatient facility, worked with elderly patients on education/fall risk, functional ROM, improving balance, walking and gait sequence, along with improving overall conditioning with the main goal or objective to assist and determine if patient would be able to return home. Co-workers were great, and CI was very helpful. I have no specific complaints about the job, and the job was most enjoyable when the elderly patients were able to make progress in their recovery and return home and family.
Great working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 7, 2015
The team I did work with was great and was a real joy to work with I learned how to interact with a different type of clients and to help make them feel more comfortable.
Productive and Fun
Level 2 Fieldwork Rotation (Student) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 1, 2015
During this rotation I had the opportunity to learn from and work with two certified hand therapists in an
outpatient rehabilitation setting. Most clients were working age adults who had injuries to their shoulder,
elbows, and/or hands. Throughout this rotation I was progressively given more responsibilities each week. My
responsibilities consisted of performing evaluations, reevaluations, discharges, developing a plan care, and
maintaining quality care and communication with clients and facility staff.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 18, 2015
The day was very busy with assisting patients. It was enjoyable experiencing learning new techniques with different patients to help with recovery.
volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 30, 2015
I was a volunteer for this company in florida. It was a fun learning experience when I was planning on becoming a physical therapist.
Productive and fun workplace with great co workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 15, 2015
- A typical day consists of treating up to twenty three patients, completing required documentation, and discussing patient plan of care for each patient seen with supervising PT
- I learned numerous Physical Therapy skills, efficient time management skills, outstanding people skills, etc.
- Great management I've worked with to date
- Greatest co-workers I've worked with to date
- The hardest part of the job would be the long and ever changing hours of clinic operation to meet clients needs, and coping with the many personalities you will work with in a days time
- Co workers, meeting so many new people on a daily basis, and the knowledge of helping so many people in need of PT interventions
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
The ever changing insurance polocies
P.T Shadow
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2015
Great place to work, very helpful physical therapists and coworker.
Learned a lot about the field of physical therapy, and how the rehab science actually works.
Wonderful Team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with such an experienced team of professionals. The care was beyond my expectations. I will miss the patients and team greatly.
Great Atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2015
As a Volunteer here I enjoyed interacting with patients and tracking their progress through each session. There is not much I can say because I was not paid but I would one day after I obtain my PT degree, like to work at this clinic.
Fairly good place to work
Occupational Therapist- Hand Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Most employees are great, however management needs some help. Management needs to communicate with each other to know what is going on.
Athletic training at Disneyland in anahiem, ca
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2015
If you accept this job I would highly recommend you immediately start looking for another job. I was a former employee. you will utilize about 10% of your knowledge, be treated as a glorified personal trainer, and rapidly loose your skills. My co-workers and patients were the only positive about this job. The pay is under 20/hr which is unacceptable in southern California. education doesn't play a role in your rate. select PT management is unsupportive. benefits are not worth the money. horrible PTO policy. no room for growth. no continuing education. no vision for the program. no benefits to disney amenities. The hardest part of this job is that select physical therapy and these managers at this location do not value the role athletic trainers play in providing health care.
Cons
pay, no education, no ability to use your skills
Patient Select Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 28, 2014
Great pay. Great work-life balance. Community involvement. Management can be lacking at times, but overall very supportive.
Pros
great pay. intensive training
Cons
lack of growth
Up going and busy
Receptionist (PSS) Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 23, 2014
Busy work days and helpful management. Hardest part of the job was not being able to finish everything in one day. Co-workers are fun to work with.
The Patients
Patient Specialist Service (PSS) (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMay 30, 2014
Typical work day was always busy and kept me going. Took over from a lady who had work there for 7 years. She never followed the process that the company demand. I had a mess on my hands when I was hired. I learned a lot about insurances, work-comp, VA and just in general how people want to feel special when they came in. They were in pain and we were here to help them. Plus I was the first one they would see and speak with so if I wasn't pleasant to them than their time there would be bad and they might not return. Us front desk people in my opinion make or break the environment.

Select PT's management-Well they were mostly men and they treated the front desk ladies disrespectfully. They would just say sentences like......they are desperate and they will work for so much $$$. Only the desperate would take this job. I could learn their job in a week and do it well. I always told my head boss, fine than sit down and do. They thought we had an easy job. Just because they went to school for 7 years made them better than us. The PSS's have a lot to do and they forget that if we don't do our jobs correctly or with care, it effects their jobs.

I loved all my co-workers. Some PT's I did not care for because they had big heads and could barely get through the door.
But most of all, all the ladies were great to work with. Down to earth and easy to talk with when needing some support.

Hardest part of the job is when you are requesting paperwork from like DOL or work-men's Comp and they sit on it for days or even weeks. Dealing with them can get a bit tiresome or when the PT's would
  more... not finish their notes on time and it made it extremely difficult on us ladies for batching. What a mess that was.

Most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my patients return with smiles on their faces and knowing that they are happy to be having PT done and that it is not a miserable place to be. My patients and I would talk about everything while waiting to be seen. My clinic was not quite. That to me is the worse thing in the world when a patient comes in and you have to whisper to your husband or wife because the clinic waiting room is boring or oh so quite. I love to interact with my patients and their family members. I was good at my job and my patients loved me. I miss them and my clinic. At Select someone had to quit, get fired or die before you could run your own clinic. I was lucky. They fired her at the Northglenn clinic and it became my baby. I loved every minute of it.
Pros
the patients. select did nothing for the employees
Cons
the pay
Good clinic in the Woodlands
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 11, 2014
Skilled therapists who can provide the highest level of patient care. You will not regret coming here for your therapy.