Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Summary
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 15, 2017
No pay raises, and then sold the therapy department off to another therapy staffing agency without any forewarning or anything. But I guess thats what you get when you work for contract therapy services.
Good patient care in a clean and nice facility
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 14, 2017
Workplace culture is great with caring staff, clean facilities and patients with good rehab potential. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with the patients and celebrating their successes in therapy as they meet treatment goals.
Pros
free lunches, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
remote location
Very Friendly environment
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 1, 2017
I wish I didn't have to move :( Worked there for 10 years and my co workers where very kind and upper management actually cared about their employees. Wish I could go back
unethical company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 18, 2017
upper management is aware of unethical acts and fraud, as it was reported multiple times and does nothing as long as they get paid. several employees reported middle management to superiors via the compliance hotline and were coincidentally fired within months of doing so, as Illinois is an "at will" state people were fired with no reasons given. Even lower level managers who reported the acts were fired.
Pros
high pay
Cons
not worth losing your license
Mico-managed
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lehighton, PASeptember 18, 2017
Professional opinion not acknowledged. Required to keep patients on caseload for longer than expected. Not able to use creative, effective alternatives for improved functional ability,
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Mico-managed, professional opinion not an option for discharge
Bad management!
RRT (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 17, 2017
This company could care less about you! If a anyone falsely complains about you your fired no questions asked! Worst place in 38 years I've worked! Stinks!
Pros
Cons
No guarantee of hours worked! Bad management!
Terrible company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 5, 2017
Terrible company without any support from HR. Unethical and all they care for is their pockets. VP of operations for respiratory is not even RT, and doesn't have any credentials but somehow in charge of the discipline without any patient care knowledge. Also very much dictatorship like. Worst place I've ever worked as a professional, who was promised advancement, yet can't even get minimal ft hours or pto. Also no holiday pays or shift differentials.
supportive regional managers
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 27, 2017
select rehabilitation is a fair company to work for. they offer comparable salary to similar settings. the regional manager and the regional assistant manager seem very supportive and are good resources for information. no employer is perfect but they are relatively easy to get along with for the most part. their primary goal is keeping their employers who contract us in happy but they try to satisfy their employees as well the best they know how.
Not a good company
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
This company does NOTHING to invest in their employees. As far as they're concerned you're luck to have a job. If you want weights, restorators, theraband, theraputty, any therapeutic games/activity board hot packs, you had better buy it and bring it in.
You'll never have a pay raise so go in with what you're ok with for the entire time you work there. No sick days, or holiday pay.
You're expected to put your license in jeopardy with the patients you treat that don't need treatment or should be discharge to home.

Job culture is really 1/4 star.
Management is concerned with themselves and are good at dictating orders from the higher ups with no regard to the fact that they are the middle man/mediator for those they are in charge of.
A job
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2017
I really don't have much to say about the organization or the location in which I work due to I have only worked there for several months. I like the direct line management.
Great place for increasing knowledge
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 6, 2017
The environment in this facility is well balanced with therapist, nurses and aids. As an Occupational Therapist Assistant, get to treat different diagnoses and gain knowledge from other therapist working in this facility.
Flexible daytime hours
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 17, 2017
Great paying company, may put in long days driving between facilities w/compensation. Company has high productivity requirements that are sometimes difficult to maintain.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes difficult to get time off
Management at corporate level is clueless to reality.
Current (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 17, 2017
Companies are not bad, it is bad management that steers companies in the wrong direction. Productivity expectations are unattainable and comprise integrity. With high productivity expectations and no rehab techs to assist in transporting patients, clinicians are pushed to work hard to achieve productivity rather than provided great therapy. Patients are better off rehabbing at home. The productivity expectations should be red flags to Medicare. Every location had different productivity expectations, so this review pertains to Tampa market - facilities having contacts with Select Rehabilitation should review what they promised vs what they deliver. Patients and family members as well as staff can see that this company employs managers, regional directors that don't have patient care as their priority. There's way to meet in the middle: providing great patient care and generating profit, but current management staff in Tampa has yet to achieve.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Sacrifice great therapy for productivity
working well
PRN COTA, SNF (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 13, 2017
My experience with select rehab in grants pass, oregon was as such; poor management in all departments with an overwhelming turnover rate. I felt like a new employee every day I came to work.
stressfull at times.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2017
the management in the HR department and district manager could be cut throat. They don't want to compensate for the therapist work. they make hard to request vacation. however every one in the therapy department was really close and helpful.
Pros
cooperative
Cons
cares more about money that the patients concerns
Don't bother
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 22, 2017
Productivity unrealistic. Close to 100% productivity expectations. Vacation request difficult to get approval, pto can be cashed in at 80%. Health insurance is really expensive.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Benefits are not competitive
Friendly co workers and environment
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 14, 2017
My employment with Select Rehab was a very good one. They offer free Continuing Education that is practical and engaging. It is a large company but like working in a small close knit environment.
Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
Great team work, love to work here and love the nursing staff. Night shift team is great! I wish I could stay working here, but wih my new license I have a find a new place to work.
The therapy team is cohesive and supportive.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 9, 2017
I enjoy working with the therapy team: we collaborate for the needs of our patients and are flexible with patient care and plan of care. My role is part time supportive personnel and I am flexible with care as my direct and regional supervisor assist in my need to have other PRN opportunities.
Pros
Flexible with time and adjustment with approach of POC
Cons
Not enough caseload to offer full time at this time.
Very comfortable work environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJune 1, 2017
This company was always willing to find help if caseload was too much , they didn't harass you if you scheduled time off , you didn't feel like you were being micro managed
Pros
Good job security as we were busy
Cons
No comment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.