Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Worst company Ive worked for
PTA (Current Employee) –  Tremont PAFebruary 4, 2017
Select bought our contract from Accomplish. There are absolutely no raises yet they doubled tha amount of family insurance they take out of my pay. I lost 5 days of PTO after being there 22 years.No 401k matching, high productivitystandards but no overtime allowed. They do bi monthly pays. I worked 4 weeks before getting paycheck for 2 weeks. Never met management. Everything is sent through email.Had to figure out how to sign up for benefits on my own, they messed up my first pay. Not 1 positive thing to say about this company. You are just a number to this company. Not a viable employee.
Pros
Cons
no raises, no communication, no 401 k matches, expensive insurance, no support from upper management
Great workplace and very flexible with schedules
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 9, 2016
My day as a rehab aide consists of getting patients for therapist, filing any paperwork and other duties as assigned. At this job I have learned how to manage my time wisely with my assigned work. My co-workers are great to work with and make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is sometimes persuading the patients to come to therapy. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Cons
No raises
Great team to work with on a daily basis
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 7, 2016
I love the team. Both the physical, occupational and speech staff are excellent! The benefits are not the best but it is a great work environment. The staff of the entire building are caring and for the most part, hard working.
I was a student so no review is appropriate
PTA (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I was a student so no review is appropriate. However as a student I was impressed by the knowledge of staff, the satisfaction of patients and leadership of management.
Great Rehab Company
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILJanuary 22, 2017
I am PRN Speech-Language Pathologist for this company and enjoy it very much. The Human Resources department is very helpful and is always willing to help with any employee needs.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Prn
PTA (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Great PRN job. Very flexible and does not need to work 8 hours a day if you can't. Every employee is friendly and willing to help when it is needed.
Overall, Very Good place to work , with Nice Facilities offered to Therapists. Very Professional.
Physical Therapy Assistant licensed in Illinois (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 22, 2015
I worked with very Professional and Nice people ,That allowed for efficient and Productive work, that Facilitated our success with The Patients.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Management provided, Competitive salary.
Cons
Parking
Challenging productivity
COTA-Under Temp Licensure (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYApril 16, 2016
The most challenging part about the job was keeping up productivity demands that were required by the company. There were times of having an overload of patients in a day on top of documentation and unexpected events and extra challenges that the day brings.
Pros
Good experience within a small Skilled Nursing Facility
Cons
Poor Management
Cota
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 13, 2016
Good company to work for. No complaints here. Not always able to get your hours though. You have to type a lot in here before it will let you save this...not a fan.
mixed review of company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 26, 2016
Hired for COTA position at SNF, 85% productivity expected, lack of good leadership at departmental and regional level, lack of training by company to prepare staff for working in special/behavior units, Company's HR department had difficulty in making sure insurance company was informed of new hires family being on employees policy and on prescription coverage, full time employees were told they would receive holiday pay, but when employees questioned why holiday pay was not on their check they were told they actually didn't get holiday pay, hard to reach productivity standards when computers can't get connected to software to complete daily notes when seeing patients, lack of good equipment to use with patients, expected to work with patients that didn't want to work, but yet told by DOR to get the minutes, company doesn't value its employees
Pros
employment, some overtime
Cons
lack of leadership from DOR, lack of training
Work with a dynamic therapists providing quality of care in short term rehabilitation
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2016
Flexible employer with opportunities to provide skilled occupational therapy to a variety of patients with various diagnosis. Dynamic team members with a variety of skill sets.
Pros
flexibility
Fun people to be around
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WANovember 17, 2015
I learned a lot about communication with different types of people as well as how not to communicate with different cultures. Was able to think outside of the box with treatments.
Pros
increased communication ability
Cons
Upper management
Busy SNF but very rewarding.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 7, 2016
Very busy SNF, but a variety of client's which increasing your experiences and challenges you to become a better therapist.
Good company
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 3, 2016
While working at Select I learned how the hiring process functions. I was able to conduct interviews and actually recommend candidates to be hired. I worked independently without supervision and was able to complete tasks appropriately.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours/had a lot of downtime
Productive and amazing workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 18, 2016
Very cohesive unit. Wonderful staff and great teamwork. Wonderful view on care for geriatrics after injury/surgery.
Energetic Therapy Team
Staff Occupational Therapist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Multiple FacilitiesDecember 5, 2014
Patient caseload focusing mainly on short term rehabilitation, in which all patients final goal was to return home. This allowed opportunities for high level activities in therapy sessions along with home safety assessments to secure a successful discharge for both patient and family.
Growth as a therapist due to integrated therapies, PT and OT co-treatments, and increased autonomy regarding scheduling of patients. I honed my organizational skills with this company, along with an increase in quick clinical judgement thought processing due to the diverse population of deficits among patient caseload.
The hardest part of the job was connecting with a patient and then seeing them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with a patient and their family, and watching them succeed rapidly and discharge home quickly.
Pros
Beautiful Clean Facilities
Cons
Long days
Average Therapy Company
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2015
Average company, nothing at all special or extraordinary. If you want a job with high productivity and micromanagment, work for select rehab.
Excellent company to work for with good opportunities
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 9, 2013
Great job with a wonderful work culture. Very strong management team and directly involved owners.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Rehab, SNF, Assisted and Independent Living
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJuly 8, 2015
Provided pt care under supervision of OTR. Co-workers are a hard working team, would work with them any where. Best part of each day building relationships and knowing that a positive difference was made with each individual pt.
Standard SNF staffing company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 1, 2015
I have found my average workday to be 6-7 hours long. Fair support is given. Like most companies, there is some pressure to be productive and search out residents/client to "pick up".
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
NO assistance for any outside, valid, Con't education (as required)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.