Select Rehabilitation

Select Rehabilitation Employer Reviews

Energetic Therapy Team
Staff Occupational Therapist, PRN (Current Employee), Multiple FacilitiesDecember 5, 2014
Pros: beautiful clean facilities
Cons: long days
Patient caseload focusing mainly on short term rehabilitation, in which all patients final goal was to return home. This allowed opportunities for high level activities in therapy sessions along with home safety assessments to secure a successful discharge for both patient and family.
Growth as a therapist due to integrated therapies, PT and OT co-treatments, – more... and increased autonomy regarding scheduling of patients. I honed my organizational skills with this company, along with an increase in quick clinical judgement thought processing due to the diverse population of deficits among patient caseload.
The hardest part of the job was connecting with a patient and then seeing them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with a patient and their family, and watching them succeed rapidly and discharge home quickly. – less
LOVED MY CO WORKERS
PTA (Current Employee), Harmony, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lacked flexibility
IT WAS VERSITILE. DIVERSE CASES AND A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Fun job doing many different tasks
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2014
My typical day is processing AP invoices, setting up new contractors in our system, shipping out any tradeshow or marketing items for our buildings, making name tags and sending company shirts for new employees, creating reports and assisting the vice president.
Bias work place with no job security
Occupational Therapist assistant (Former Employee), Northfield, ILApril 26, 2014
Pros: availability of overtime if desired
Cons: expected to work even on christmas day + 90 day notice required if planning to take a day off.
Very bias company to work for. Absolutely no job security employees are written up for the slightest detail even when there are no facts presented. Management team including but not limited to clinical manager and vice present, extremely bias and unfair in handling matters and should not be trusted. I am not sure about co-worker relationship at other – more... sites, but at the particular site where I was employed, a certain ethnic group dominated, formed clicks and were to say the least, very envious, conspiring and malicious in their behaviors. They were the worse group of people I have ever worked with and select is overall not a good company in my experience to work for. I am thankfully currently working in a much better environment and hope never to experience such discriminative behavior again. – less
Managed the care of a diverse population of patients
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Denton, TXMarch 30, 2014
Select is an Inpatient hospital with 44 beds. Common pathologies treated at this facility are Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord injuries, Amputee, Neurological, Orthopaedic and general rehabilitation. There is also an outpatient facility attached where I treated multiple vestibular patients.
It is all about charging and billing vs quality of care
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), WestonMarch 19, 2014
Pros: none......medical benefits the worst
Cons: you may be working 50 hours or more and get paid for less than 40!
The center I worked at cared only about billing as much $$ as possible and did not care what the ordering physician wanted.
They want new grads to work an assembly line.
Horrible company
rehab (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 6, 2014
They are one of worst companies to work for along with the rest of these unethical rehab companies.
Unethical
COTA (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: beneifts
Cons: rug level and productivity requirements
More of the same SNF fraud that exists and runs rampant everywhere. If you want to sell your soul to maintain ultra minutes then come onboard. See part B residents for bogus goals and PLOF that's unjustifiable. See manged care grouped all together irregardless of deficits so you can have 100%+ productivity. Good times. When will the house of cards fall?
Productive and fun workplace with a variety of equipment.
COTA/L (Current Employee), Crossville, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: work around your hours
Cons: prn- you do not get to know the pts
Co-workers are supportive/team environment. Management is wonderful/detailed/easy to work with.
The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Byhalia, MSJanuary 14, 2014
Seeing a resident enter the facility in a debilitated shape and to walk out of the Long Term Care Facility on their way home. This gives me a filling of fulfillment to know that I assisted someone to improve their overall quality of living.
Soul sucking company
Aide (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: ....
Cons: coming to work for them everyday or even prn.
****review your contracts! This company will basically ruin your future employment in your current facility, future employment and surrounding areas: Non- compete clause****

They'll smile and buy you a cheap lunch then bend you backwards with their nagging and spite! They're unprofessional, inhuman, greedy, liars & they don't care about you or your – more... family. I've seen therapists come and go like clouds on a windy day. They don't care if you call out every week or every other day but they'll screw you over for a penny and then fill your shoes quickly with a cheaper soul. – less
Work as PRN therapist
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Joliet, IlSeptember 11, 2013
Unable to get many hours. Looking for more consistent work.
Excellent company to work for with good opportunities
Regional Manager (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: excellent work culture
Great job with a wonderful work culture. Very strong management team and directly involved owners.
great staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, TXMay 15, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: not any
Great therapist and staff. They really care about the patients and the staff.
i hope the others were kidding
COTA (Former Employee), East Orange, NJApril 10, 2013
Pros: combat pay
Cons: you're selling your soul. lack of ethics. no standards.
seriously looks as if they're paying people for stars. i know they tried to pay me top dollar to work in a facility with no director as the other therapists watched tv all afternoon after seeing 2, 3 people at a time all morning, just barely "treating." made me hate my job and feel bad for doing it well, as i got dirty looks when i DIDN'T take 2 hour – more... lunches. no organization or mentoring, and you'll be lucky to get 32 hours a week, which you have to have to accrue PTO. – less
Love the staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OhioFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: no full time positions
The staff make this a professional and fun place to work, team is operative word here
Great caring company!
Regional Manager, Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2012
Great support from the owners of the company and upper management. I would work for them again if the opportunity arises.
Cooperative and productive rehab staff
Speech Language Pathologist (Contingent) (Current Employee), Northfield, ILMay 7, 2012
Pros: excellent pay rate
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Efficent organization of rehab mgr enables staff to provide adequate and sufficient coordinated care for residents.
just a job
Physical Therapy Tech (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 9, 2012
it was a stepping stone to the next best place. It never felt like anywhere I wanted to be for 30 yrs
A learning experience
Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2012
Pros: caring staff
Cons: patient death
Select Medical Rehabilitation gave me the opportunity to work with great patients in both a Long Term and Short Term care institution through Baptist Health Care. It really molded me as a person and gave me quite an ability to care for another persons needs.