Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Bias work place with no job security
Occupational Therapist assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILApril 26, 2014
Very bias company to work for. Absolutely no job security employees are written up for the slightest detail even when there are no facts presented. Management team including but not limited to clinical manager and vice present, extremely bias and unfair in handling matters and should not be trusted. I am not sure about co-worker relationship at other sites, but at the particular site where I was employed, a certain ethnic group dominated, formed clicks and were to say the least, very envious, conspiring and malicious in their behaviors. They were the worse group of people I have ever worked with and select is overall not a good company in my experience to work for. I am thankfully currently working in a much better environment and hope never to experience such discriminative behavior again.
Pros
availability of overtime if desired
Cons
expected to work even on christmas day + 90 day notice required if planning to take a day off.
mixed review of company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 26, 2016
Hired for COTA position at SNF, 85% productivity expected, lack of good leadership at departmental and regional level, lack of training by company to prepare staff for working in special/behavior units, Company's HR department had difficulty in making sure insurance company was informed of new hires family being on employees policy and on prescription coverage, full time employees were told they would receive holiday pay, but when employees questioned why holiday pay was not on their check they were told they actually didn't get holiday pay, hard to reach productivity standards when computers can't get connected to software to complete daily notes when seeing patients, lack of good equipment to use with patients, expected to work with patients that didn't want to work, but yet told by DOR to get the minutes, company doesn't value its employees
Pros
employment, some overtime
Cons
lack of leadership from DOR, lack of training
Energetic Therapy Team
Staff Occupational Therapist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Multiple FacilitiesDecember 5, 2014
Patient caseload focusing mainly on short term rehabilitation, in which all patients final goal was to return home. This allowed opportunities for high level activities in therapy sessions along with home safety assessments to secure a successful discharge for both patient and family.
Growth as a therapist due to integrated therapies, PT and OT co-treatments, and increased autonomy regarding scheduling of patients. I honed my organizational skills with this company, along with an increase in quick clinical judgement thought processing due to the diverse population of deficits among patient caseload.
The hardest part of the job was connecting with a patient and then seeing them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with a patient and their family, and watching them succeed rapidly and discharge home quickly.
Pros
beautiful clean facilities
Cons
long days
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2015
This is the first job I had out of school as a new grad. The worst company ever. I worked for them for 2 years almost and didn't gain anything. Just like all the comments stated before its nothing but unethical behavior. Medicare A and B patients were all seen 2-3 at a time all day to be able to sit around on the clock for 2 hours because they fraudulently treated their whole schedule. Our DOR had some serious issues. She wrote me and the PTA up all the time for stuff we didn't even do just to get us out of there so she could hired her own new grads and train them to do fraudulent things. This company is sad. Productivity was 95% and they tried to raise it to 100%!!!! All you had time to do was use the bathroom. It's been times I didn't even take a lunch break until 4pm! I would never work for them again.
Pros
Great co workers PTA, OTR, SLP loved them. The patients were great!
Cons
DOR was unethical and regional knew about it!
Soul sucking company
Aide (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 9, 2014
****review your contracts! This company will basically ruin your future employment in your current facility, future employment and surrounding areas: Non- compete clause****

They'll smile and buy you a cheap lunch then bend you backwards with their nagging and spite! They're unprofessional, inhuman, greedy, liars & they don't care about you or your family. I've seen therapists come and go like clouds on a windy day. They don't care if you call out every week or every other day but they'll screw you over for a penny and then fill your shoes quickly with a cheaper soul.
Pros
....
Cons
coming to work for them everyday or even prn.
Entry level workplace
Former employee (Former Employee) –  somewhere innjJuly 31, 2015
i worked with this company... Beware,it was a factory and fraudulent. at that time , they expected 100% productivity.the Regional director didn't care about the employees but he will write up an employee at a whim.. Even dying pt and couldn't do anything are put on program just to bleed Medicare ... Employees had a high turnover .....they decide to pull out therapist at their whim. No respect for the therapist clinical judgement and very unethical ...if you are desperate for work ... Go ahead and apply
Pros
Some nice co workers
Cons
your st their beck and call, factory line assembly and unethical
i hope the others were kidding
COTA (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 10, 2013
seriously looks as if they're paying people for stars. i know they tried to pay me top dollar to work in a facility with no director as the other therapists watched tv all afternoon after seeing 2, 3 people at a time all morning, just barely "treating." made me hate my job and feel bad for doing it well, as i got dirty looks when i DIDN'T take 2 hour lunches. no organization or mentoring, and you'll be lucky to get 32 hours a week, which you have to have to accrue PTO.
Pros
combat pay
Cons
you're selling your soul. lack of ethics. no standards.
Unethical
COTA (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 27, 2014
More of the same SNF fraud that exists and runs rampant everywhere. If you want to sell your soul to maintain ultra minutes then come onboard. See part B residents for bogus goals and PLOF that's unjustifiable. See manged care grouped all together irregardless of deficits so you can have 100%+ productivity. Good times. When will the house of cards fall?
Pros
beneifts
Cons
rug level and productivity requirements
Managed the care of a diverse population of patients
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 30, 2014
Select is an Inpatient hospital with 44 beds. Common pathologies treated at this facility are Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord injuries, Amputee, Neurological, Orthopaedic and general rehabilitation. There is also an outpatient facility attached where I treated multiple vestibular patients.
Overall, Very Good place to work , with Nice Facilities offered to Therapists. Very Professional.
Physical Therapy Assistant licensed in Illinois (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 22, 2015
I worked with very Professional and Nice people ,That allowed for efficient and Productive work, that Facilitated our success with The Patients.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Management provided, Competitive salary.
Cons
Parking
It is all about charging and billing vs quality of care
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  WestonMarch 19, 2014
The center I worked at cared only about billing as much $$ as possible and did not care what the ordering physician wanted.
They want new grads to work an assembly line.
Pros
none......medical benefits the worst
Cons
you may be working 50 hours or more and get paid for less than 40!
Not an ideal place to work
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIOctober 21, 2015
Management was against their employees, didn't make it feel like we were a team. They were not flexible when it came to school, they would not adjust the schedule if you needed to leave an hour early for school.
Pros
Co-workers were great
Cons
Not flexible with scheduling, rude management.
A learning experience
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2012
Select Medical Rehabilitation gave me the opportunity to work with great patients in both a Long Term and Short Term care institution through Baptist Health Care. It really molded me as a person and gave me quite an ability to care for another persons needs.
Pros
caring staff
Cons
patient death
Fun job doing many different tasks
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2014
My typical day is processing AP invoices, setting up new contractors in our system, shipping out any tradeshow or marketing items for our buildings, making name tags and sending company shirts for new employees, creating reports and assisting the vice president.
Rehab, SNF, Assisted and Independent Living
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJuly 8, 2015
Provided pt care under supervision of OTR. Co-workers are a hard working team, would work with them any where. Best part of each day building relationships and knowing that a positive difference was made with each individual pt.
Standard SNF staffing company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 1, 2015
I have found my average workday to be 6-7 hours long. Fair support is given. Like most companies, there is some pressure to be productive and search out residents/client to "pick up".
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
NO assistance for any outside, valid, Con't education (as required)
The Most Enjoyable Part of The Job
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJanuary 14, 2014
Seeing a resident enter the facility in a debilitated shape and to walk out of the Long Term Care Facility on their way home. This gives me a filling of fulfillment to know that I assisted someone to improve their overall quality of living.
Fun people to be around
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WANovember 17, 2015
I learned a lot about communication with different types of people as well as how not to communicate with different cultures. Was able to think outside of the box with treatments.
Pros
increased communication ability
Cons
Upper management
Cooperative and productive rehab staff
Speech Language Pathologist (Contingent) (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILMay 7, 2012
Efficent organization of rehab mgr enables staff to provide adequate and sufficient coordinated care for residents.
Pros
excellent pay rate
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement
Last option
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2016
Worked prn for 3 years, productivity 94% with residents who ethically should not be on therapy or refused, told to get minutes anyway. Upper management a nightmare and condensing about missing minutes or calling off.
Pros
Prn / flexible
Cons
Many