Select Security

Select Security Employee Reviews

Worst company in the world
Security tech (Former Employee), KentuckyDecember 26, 2014
Cons: everything
This place has got to be the worst place in the world to work. Owner down to the district manager boldface lie to your face. Make promises they never intend to keep. If you are a company suck up, you got it made. I bucked the system and they didn't like it one bit. As far as service to their customers, it's horrible. I would let them monitor a turtle. Steer as far away from this pace as possible either working or having them install/monitor a security system. Their policy is we'll fix it when we get around to it. Lives and property at stake? They don't care, all about the dollar to these jerks. Every one of them has an attitude!
Avoid working at Select Security
Customer Service (Former Employee), PADecember 23, 2014
Cons: everything
I worked for this company for only a few months and I can't believe that they are still in business. I'm shocked at the lack of employee commitment. Training is non existent, they expect employee's to understand how to function without true assistance. They set you up for failure. Very Sad.
Realtor Property Manager
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: make my own schedule, excellent potential for earnings.
Cons: renters can be difficult at times.
A typical day at work would consist of 2 hours of proactive activities contacting current and past clients for referrals, manage current transactions, show houses, write contracts, and manage my team of service providers.

In addition, I would oversee the management of over 300 units for various owners. I would fill vacancies, advertise, maintain properties, book keeping, and write reports for the owners.
Woeful company
Crowd management (Former Employee), BelfastSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: the staff on the front line
Cons: everything else
I have worked for a few months with this company and was first of all shocked at their behaviour, having a job is not something everyone in belfast can do however this company takes the cake.

I did a few weeks work and didn't get paid for 2 months, then when I managed to get myself a job with another security firm, Select security cut my hours to the point that I had forgotten I was even working for them.

The manager who I can't name, lets call him A. is like a child with a large bank account, his behaviour is unprofessional and his attitude makes my stomach twist. I don't know how A managed to end up as the owner of the company but he is driving it into the ground.

Avoid at all costs.
Worst company I ever worked for
Office Staff (Former Employee), StroudsburgSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Management is nonexistent and gives no support or direction to their satellite offices which sets the remote office staff up to fail.
Worst Management
Employee (Former Employee), Security PartnersFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Company is small and yet employees still get overlooked. Job is fast paced and there are always new tasks coming in. Management is more worried about bringing on more people than keeping their current employees. Training is horrible and people are put into their role without even knowing how to properly do their job.
Best job I've ever had the honor of having.
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day includes support for sales, processing jobs, software support. Management is excellent. Co-workers are helpful and like family. Hardest part of job is the keeping up with changes to processes. Most enjoyable part is being a part of a team that treats you like family. I love each of my coworkers and would do anything to help. They nicknamed me Bubbly since I am upbeat and have smile on my face. I'm honored to carry that nickname. No one enjoys working with someone who is always sad. I try to make the most of any situation and if I can put a smile on someones face then I've accomplished a lot.
Never work there again
Data Entry (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 29, 2013
The place was small and dirty. The manager was never there. All the employees were on the internet dorkin around. Very slow job. No benefits. Bad schedule. Worst job iv had.
Good company to work for
Flagger (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 30, 2013
Pros: work outside
Cons: use your own vehicle; $$ to travel that is covered under your own dime.
I worked as a flagger. A Typical day you would drive to the site in your own vehicle and set up your signs around the job site. When the utility company arrived, you would take your lolly-pop stop sign and wearing your safety gear; direct traffic away from the work zone by co-ordinating with the other flagger. This job requires great attention to detail and spacial co-ordination. The hardest part of the job is standing in one place all day. The best part is being outside all summer but not so great in the winter. The co-worker makes or breaks the job according to how on the ball they are.
Select Security
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: health care benefits are lacking.
The securty industry is fast paced, constantly changing with technological upgrades. Time management and consistant training on new products a must. Management tends to overlook training of individuals so they may meet their goals.