Select Security Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and good environment, with a ping pong table
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 27, 2016
Like any other security company, my days would start with a look at my schedule and proceed accordingly. Often times my role shifts from an installer to more of a Service Technician for the company.
account executive (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PANovember 17, 2015
I worked as a new Account Executive in the Stroudsburg PA branch and it was a great experience. Everyone from the management , installation, to the administrative folks were always available if I needed assitance.
The culture of this company is positivity. They do everything to provide you the tools to succeed.
Current employe
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 16, 2015
I have worked for Select for several months now I have screen a few come and go. As long as you have a can do attitude and are willing to learn it's a great place to work. It's a growing company so there are challenges of putting together the perfect team. I'm a service tech and they have offered me training that I couldn't get from my former employer,as with any job there are the ups and downs but I enjoy working here.
Pros
company vehicle, paid training
Worst company in the world
Security tech (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 26, 2014
This place has got to be the worst place in the world to work. Owner down to the district manager boldface lie to your face. Make promises they never intend to keep. If you are a company suck up, you got it made. I bucked the system and they didn't like it one bit. As far as service to their customers, it's horrible. I would let them monitor a turtle. Steer as far away from this pace as possible either working or having them install/monitor a security system. Their policy is we'll fix it when we get around to it. Lives and property at stake? They don't care, all about the dollar to these jerks. Every one of them has an attitude!
Cons
everything
Avoid working at Select Security
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PADecember 23, 2014
I worked for this company for only a few months and I can't believe that they are still in business. I'm shocked at the lack of employee commitment. Training is non existent, they expect employee's to understand how to function without true assistance. They set you up for failure. Very Sad.
Cons
everything
Realtor Property Manager
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of 2 hours of proactive activities contacting current and past clients for referrals, manage current transactions, show houses, write contracts, and manage my team of service providers.

In addition, I would oversee the management of over 300 units for various owners. I would fill vacancies, advertise, maintain properties, book keeping, and write reports for the owners.
Pros
make my own schedule, excellent potential for earnings.
Cons
renters can be difficult at times.
Woeful company
Crowd management (Former Employee) –  BelfastSeptember 11, 2014
I have worked for a few months with this company and was first of all shocked at their behaviour, having a job is not something everyone in belfast can do however this company takes the cake.

I did a few weeks work and didn't get paid for 2 months, then when I managed to get myself a job with another security firm, Select security cut my hours to the point that I had forgotten I was even working for them.

The manager who I can't name, lets call him A. is like a child with a large bank account, his behaviour is unprofessional and his attitude makes my stomach twist. I don't know how A managed to end up as the owner of the company but he is driving it into the ground.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
the staff on the front line
Cons
everything else
Worst company I ever worked for
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  StroudsburgSeptember 3, 2014
Management is nonexistent and gives no support or direction to their satellite offices which sets the remote office staff up to fail.
Cons
everything
Best job I've ever had the honor of having.
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day includes support for sales, processing jobs, software support. Management is excellent. Co-workers are helpful and like family. Hardest part of job is the keeping up with changes to processes. Most enjoyable part is being a part of a team that treats you like family. I love each of my coworkers and would do anything to help. They nicknamed me Bubbly since I am upbeat and have smile on my face. I'm honored to carry that nickname. No one enjoys working with someone who is always sad. I try to make the most of any situation and if I can put a smile on someones face then I've accomplished a lot.
Never work there again
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 29, 2013
The place was small and dirty. The manager was never there. All the employees were on the internet dorkin around. Very slow job. No benefits. Bad schedule. Worst job iv had.
Good company to work for
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 30, 2013
I worked as a flagger. A Typical day you would drive to the site in your own vehicle and set up your signs around the job site. When the utility company arrived, you would take your lolly-pop stop sign and wearing your safety gear; direct traffic away from the work zone by co-ordinating with the other flagger. This job requires great attention to detail and spacial co-ordination. The hardest part of the job is standing in one place all day. The best part is being outside all summer but not so great in the winter. The co-worker makes or breaks the job according to how on the ball they are.
Pros
work outside
Cons
use your own vehicle; $$ to travel that is covered under your own dime.
Select Security
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 27, 2013
The securty industry is fast paced, constantly changing with technological upgrades. Time management and consistant training on new products a must. Management tends to overlook training of individuals so they may meet their goals.
Pros
family oriented environment
Cons
health care benefits are lacking.