Select Staff Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2016
General labor job landscaping out doors in the hot can be hard. hard working job I got to learn so much co workers were really nice and cool
Efficient work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 27, 2016
Select Staffing had a fast turn over for work. The work environment was well balanced and well managed.
not a good place to work
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 19, 2016
on a typical day at work will be to work in a production line packing different type of products some times will be easy job and some time will be hart depending of the size of the product we will be packing and how fast the line lid will run the line.not a good place to work a but i need it the job to support by kids.people don't appreciated you as a hard worker.
Cons
Too much preferences with friends or relatives
Ok to work for but they are all about numbers and inexperienced managers
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 13, 2015
Started off to be a great place to work. Co-workers were great and work environment was fun and productive. Unfortunately, the company is all about numbers and hiring inexperienced managers, that micromanage you, insult the employees, and ultimately get credit for work they don't do. Corporate Managers don't manage the branch managers like they should and are told and sold a bunch of lies and they accept it because they want the numbers to look good to the CEO.
Pros
Fun co-workers and decent salary
Cons
Inexperience Manager, non-supportive corporate VP's, low commissions
Great company to work for, people very helpful
Accounting/clerical (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville ArOctober 5, 2015
I truly enjoy working for Select Staff. Staff there very helpful and friendly. Available assignments given quickly. Would recommend them to everyone.
Pros
Paid weekly
Calm place to work at.
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 6, 2015
I'd have 12 hour shift just looking over patients, accompany them to have their meal and make sure they didn't harm themselves or had any accidents. I'd get breaks while they were in their physical therapy sessions.
Helping
Mortgage Servicing Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 11, 2015
Went to apply one day, and on the next day they had me a job right away. They helped me out with building my resume. If I did not feel good on an assignment they would tell me it was ok and placed me somewhere else
temp work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2015
after completing my 90 days as a temp i was hired by the company
The Agency always placed me on long term temp. positions
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2014
The Agency kept me employed I never had long periods of time between my assignments. This Agency utilized my full range of skills and abilities on the assignments I was placed on.
A typical work day consisted of routine tasks.
I learned new environments and new company procedures
I reported directly to management and worked closely with management
I trained my co-workers on the functions and duties of the job
The hardest part of the job, there was no hard part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job was training new employees on the procedures i.e., tasks of the job
Pros
regular employment
Cons
n/a
Nice company, very profesioal people
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 27, 2014
As an employee there I loved the job that I was provided and the pay was awesome. I was introduced to a job that I had no experience in, but they trained me and I was good at it, and enjoyed working there. Talking with customers, and helping them as well in any way I could possible. I loved that even though I had been through training that when I had a question or needed help there was always someone there to help. There wasn't really any hard part to the job, the most confusing thing about the job I would say would be, trying not to get anything wrong and trying to some that certain way each time so I would not mess up anything.
Pros
the pay every week, location, friendly coworkers
Good workplace.
Temporary Assignments Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for. Needed more stability. That's my reason for leaving.
Fast-paced and rewarding
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 15, 2014
A typical day is busy from beginning to end. Between scheduled interviews, client calls, client visits, payroll/employee paperwork- there is always something that needs to be done... right now!

I've learned much about balance, both in the office and outside of it.

The hardest aspect of the job is that there's no way to control every aspect - especially employees.

The most enjoyable aspect is when you can really make a great placement for both the employee and the client.
Pros
commission, fast-paced, networking opportunity
Cons
unrealistic expectations from home office, impossible standards
pay is low, work is time limited
temp (Former Employee) –  harlingen, txApril 10, 2014
pay is low for the job task, work is short term. I hate working for them. I work hard, while others talked or sit around.
Cons
you name it! all bad!
fun
Head of the line (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 8, 2014
love working here great job i ever had. i know they can give u long hrs. but i didnt care because the job was great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2013
I work Monday through Friday. I work at Suddenlink presently for this staffing company. I have learned very quickly to use the programs and software that this department uses. My supervisors are understanding of life happening outside of the work place and are willing to help me any way they can. I think the hardest part of this job would be the amount of work that doesn't come in at times. Though it does allow me to catch up on other things, it's hard to not have work coming in. The best thing about this job is that I always have something to do, whether it be at my desk or in the copy room.
Excellent!
Data Entry Clerk, Receptionist, File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 23, 2013
I would not be where I am today if it were not for the trust and faith that this agency placed in me as a youngster. They were the first I went to when I wanted to change careers, and because of the work history we built together, I landed an amazing job at a medical office that lasted seven years. As such, when I felt it was again time to try something new, Select Staff was the first employment agency whose help and advice I again sought. God bless these amazing women!
Only for Senior Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Not a great place to work, San Antonio office has the highest turnover rate. They cant keep recruiters because of the branch manager. I left in July and Im sure the person who was there is not there now. They can not build client or employee relationships that way. Corporate office only cares about the money, senior management is always traveling from branch to branch, they can only keep thier jobs by a constant turnover. They start you at 40,000 and send you to training in Dallas but its all part of the scam.
If u like fast pace and big work load
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 22, 2013
This job isn't for lazy people it a fast pace a ton of work iv learned how to move faster then ever and how to build walls of boxes.
Temporary Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2013
I enjoyed working for Select Staff-though at the time I worked for them their name was Select Temps. I got to work at different businesses in San Antonio so my work was never boring.
Pros
i got to work for different companies so the work was not boring
Cons
this was a temporary job and i was looking for a permanent job.
I got to work in different warehouse.
Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 6, 2013
Good people to work for and they were good to work with us and check on us to make sure we were happy the work place.
Pros
got to meet different people.
Cons
some of the regular working were rude and didn't want to teachs what we needed to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Staff. Our community is ready to answer.