Select Staffing Employee Reviews

Select
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 16, 2016
This is a temp agency so dont expect a full time job. Nothing wrong with warehouse jobs but no job security and not enough hours always jumping from job to job.
Pros
You will find a job
Cons
Minimum wage/ no job security
Staffing Agency
Forklift Operator/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAJune 8, 2016
Seem like they didn't really care about the employees at all. Too worry about just getting employees jobs so they can earn a buck for themselves. Feels like they might be a bit racist.
found work easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 2, 2016
Found work fast. Good work. liked getting paid weekly. people that found jobs were friendly. Really like working there.
Worked for a great company
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 12, 2016
I learned how to do more production work than I had previously known. I had excellent co-workers. They are one of the few staffing agencies that actually help felons.
Pros
Learning new trades.
Cons
Jobs are temporary, no benefits
the challenge and goals on a daily basic
lead (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 8, 2016
you get to meet new and exciting people on a daily basic.i have learned every job in the warehouse was able to trained new and current employees on a daily basic. every day was different and was a challenge but i was dedicated,a hard worker, and a fast learner teamwork is the key to being success and i carry all the qualities to be successsful
Good place to work at.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 26, 2016
The most enjoyable is meeting new people and driving to different places. Enjoy working with all my co-workers.The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that do not understand how the company works.
Cons
Takes a long time to get hired by the company
ever great place to work for
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 11, 2016
great place and friendly people fun work envierment great on paying u top pay rates 8 hours a day i learned a lot for this copomene the management is great my coworkers were people to work with hardest part was work 7 or 8 day with out a brake
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Very Understanding
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 4, 2016
We were compensated for wait time when production was slow. Allowed days off and offered health insurance. I was in school at the time and they were flexible with my schedule.
Benefits
Cons
N/A
Work year round so I stay busy.
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 1, 2016
The company Select sent me to is well know and a very busy, fast paced environment. We have Select management on site and she is awesome at what she does. She makes it that much better working for Select!! She always makes sure we are okay and everything is running smooth in the department she sends us to.
Pros
We have Select worker on job site 👍
Cons
short breaks
Select Staffing/ GSI
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Assumption, ILFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at GSI I would come in check my email to see what all I needed to print that day. I would sign in and start printing BTOs which is Build To Order. That is what the people on the floor needed to build that day to be shipped. I learned how to be a better office assistant and how to move parts and improve communication. My co-workers were fun to work with everyone was in a good mood for the most part. Management was awesome I honestly could not have asked for a better boss. The hardest part of the job was learning what part goes to what station. Everything was enjoyable I loved this job.
good enviroment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 6, 2016
a typical day was easy and quick learned just to take my time when I'm working which I really need to learn how to do cause I really don't take my time doing things. management was good, coworkers were nice, no hard part, enjoyable part of the job was talking and meeting new people.
Pros
buiding was very nice looking
Cons
had to bring my own lunch
great start to my career journey
Customer Service/Sales/Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
Select is where my Career journey started and i am glad it started with such a great company like Select Staffing. They sent me on great assignments and i met some great employers.
Its fun and exciting
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 5, 2016
Its a wonderful place if you like movies. It help those who lack at learning . You make a lot of friends out there. The people is easy to get along with.
Pros
you can watch movies in the break room
Cons
they have safey hazards
productive work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 26, 2016
was well organized.had alot of job sites to attend. co workers were very fun to work with.the most enjoyable part was the co workers very fun to work with.
Pros
job security
Cons
health care
Select Staffing/Trane
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 21, 2016
Clock in, receive daily briefing, get assigned to designated work area. After ensuring that the proper gear is obtained set, I would then set up work station. If there was work left from the day before continue with that and so forth.
Pros
free safety gear
Cons
short breaks
Productive, learning experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 15, 2016
Every day you learn something. You have to go with a positive attitude to work and help each other to make work easier. A good environment at work is a good thing.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Getting Lay-Off cause of lack of work
ability to get promotions
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2016
working well with others working at a fast pace learning new things teaching people to do new things and motivating the my team to complete the task
Santa Barbara Service Center- Executives are offsite Atlanta,GA
Sr. Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 4, 2016
My typical day would start 5 am reviewing emails from home or posting journal entries in order to close the period, which was due to the time zone difference (3 hours). I would be in the office for 9-10 hours a day and work an average 60-70 hours a week. I would have an average of 100 emails a day, conference calls, meetings with staff, answering questions relating to the day-to-day work activities, and reviewing P&L's and balance sheet.
As a manager, employee retention is important to me. I would provide specialty food items for the staff. We would meet after work such as bowling just to break from the long work hours to close the books. If staff has a personnel issue to take care of and they need to take a hour or two off, then I don't oppose. I believe in being fair and making it clear of the department's expectation to earn their loyalty and dedication from staff.
The hardest part of the job is when you have multiple projects that have set deadlines with ongoing daily tasks, and mandatory meetings to be balanced within your own time management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is performing different tasks and being engaged with process improvements to increase efficiencies.
Temp. work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kernstown, VAJune 8, 2016
If you are between jobs and need some money and work they are pretty good at finding something in your demands. Staff is very helpful to my questions.
A day at the office
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 16, 2016
Monday was a start of a very hectic week with a large volume of payroll, billing and invoice audits and adjustments.
I was able to retract incorrectly invoices and reconcile.
The branch manager was very in tune to the needs of our office staff and was always available when needed. My co-workers were a team and we all worked together to deliver exceptional service to both our clients and associates.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining the pay rates that would sometime fluctuate between vendors.
I enjoyed being able to offer someone a place to work and help with their financial needs while helping the client excel in operations.
Pros
Wonderful Team Atmosphere
Cons
No room to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.