Select Staffing Employee Reviews

No follow up
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 6, 2016
I started working. The hours changed to working every day 12 hours. The changed the start time often. Not convenient if you have a family. I had numerous pay roll issues even after calling numerous times. I know several other people have as well they just do not bother to leave a review.
Santa Barbara Service Center- Executives are offsite Atlanta,GA
Sr. Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 4, 2016
My typical day would start 5 am reviewing emails from home or posting journal entries in order to close the period, which was due to the time zone difference (3 hours). I would be in the office for 9-10 hours a day and work an average 60-70 hours a week. I would have an average of 100 emails a day, conference calls, meetings with staff, answering questions relating to the day-to-day work activities, and reviewing P&L's and balance sheet.
As a manager, employee retention is important to me. I would provide specialty food items for the staff. We would meet after work such as bowling just to break from the long work hours to close the books. If staff has a personnel issue to take care of and they need to take a hour or two off, then I don't oppose. I believe in being fair and making it clear of the department's expectation to earn their loyalty and dedication from staff.
The hardest part of the job is when you have multiple projects that have set deadlines with ongoing daily tasks, and mandatory meetings to be balanced within your own time management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is performing different tasks and being engaged with process improvements to increase efficiencies.
Good morality at the work place friendly people to work qith
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 30, 2016
Keep working hard and help others as they will help you. Learn and ask question you will be taught about what you ask. I enjoy working here because there is always something to be done and to learn.
its ok place to work for....i dnt have any issues
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Great company to work for like I said I never had a issue with the company just good people all around company to work for if they have work you will work the pay was on time and no issues
Interesting
Level I Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at Select Staffing really depends on the program they have you working in. They provide sufficient information to get you to where you need to go and once you are in the program the program management take it from there.

People working there are generally energetic and friendly. The management at various projects are usually direct and make the job understandable.
Pros
Flexible Schedules (to a point), Regular Events such as free lunches or some such.
Cons
Restrictive Policies, Confusing Practices, Some lack of cohesive management. Some projects have high turnover.
I loved working here
Tecruiter (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Unfortunately I had to self terminate early but they were the most amazing employers ever. Would definitely recommend them.
Pros
Very flexible and understanding
Cons
It was an amazing work experience. They were very nice and kept us very happy while working long hours.
Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2016
I handled mail scanning bar codes wit scanners. Also sorted mail by bar codes by last three digits. It was a Christmas project and i worked for a week 14 hours a day. And i enjoyed every bit of it!
Pros
The people kept us happy while working.
Cons
It was very cold outside.
Production driven enviornment
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 11, 2016
A workday included loading/unloading trailors. Completing works task sheets. This job did allow me to lear some new software as far as the shipping/receving and logging reports.The management did not seem to be the best with people. I must admit that the work force seemed to be great and excitng people.
Pros
Pay and overtime availability
Cons
12 hours shifts and manditory over time without notice
Fun place to work
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CASeptember 8, 2016
Great agency to work through. Find you good paying jobs that are not difficult. The team there is very helpful and very willing to work with others. Overall great agency
Pros
Great jobs
Cons
Short period of work
found work easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 2, 2016
Found work fast. Good work. liked getting paid weekly. people that found jobs were friendly. Really like working there.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 2, 2016
Is a ok company to work send you to a diferents wherehouses to work but rude management.
The compamies they se d they are prety good and flexible.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great at helping you
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 10, 2016
Select staffing has helped me when i really needed it and got me a job as soon as i called. People at the office are great and work with you and your s schedules.
The people are nice.
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 8, 2016
The agency is good but I'm with four years and still temp. The people are nice and the work is good . The pay is low. I like the job but I'd rather have stability and higher level of pay.
Pros
Good people all around
Cons
I don't see a permanent position for me
It As A Safe And Fun Workplace Environment
Remodeler (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 8, 2016
it was good place to work for and safe. and like meeting new people and putting up clothes and also shelves. and the co-workers was fun to work with.
Pros
break for lunch
Cons
have 30 minute break
full time with holidays off
wharehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 6, 2016
the best part of the job was meeting new people seeing new faces. specially when they're friendly, learned different skills i love to ask always to make sure im doing the right job.
Pros
driving new cars
Cons
sun all day
good place to find a job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 17, 2016
it`s a temporary agency that help you to find good jobs i like then because they work with you to give you a job that help you to build your abilities and get experience into new work areas
Select Staffing
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 16, 2016
The work day begins early. I always arrived with an enthusiastic attitude ready to work. The coworkers are awesome! The hardest part of the job was the various locations I would be dispatched to, and the most enjoyable part of working with the company was learning new skills and being in different environments.
Pros
Bountiful work gear. I did not have to purchase any supplies to get the job done efficiently.
Cons
Various locations
Fun and safe workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 11, 2016
This was my first job at first it was hard but after i got the hang of it , it was pretty easy. The hardest part of the job at first was putting the orders in the computer but then after my co-workers showed me how to scan and ship orders i got the hang of it. Everyone in that job was very helpful and patient to new beginners.
Pros
Big cafeteria, Played music
Somewhat productive
picking/packing/processing (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 7, 2016
You stayed somewhat busy, if the work flow was slow they would start to send people home early. The security was very tight getting in and out. people were friendly.
Pros
the television
Cons
no health benefits
Good agency to find industrial work with.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 5, 2016
Loaded trucks for kellogs .. started as a forklift driver and got promoted to shift lead. Great experience in a high paced environment.
Pros
Good job placement
Cons
Temp to perm is not guaranteed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.