Select

Select Employer Reviews

Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCNovember 21, 2013
Great place to work. The management is top notch and so are the co-workers.
its a temp assistance center
Factory Worker (Former Employee), CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: they help you look for work.
Cons: short notice
they call you about a job and you go.you learn a lot about company's
you learn to meet a lot of people

the hardest part is going to Diffrent companys starting all over
most enjoyable is when you get hired.
i learned a lot working in this company
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), moorpark, caSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: good pay, nice people to work
select is a agency temp, and i work in different companis in a good environment, good co-workers, management was good
Great Company
CRT (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 18, 2012
Love working with LTAC. Many challenges, but rewarding. Travel for me just too far.
Nice Company
Electronic Technician III Contractor W.P.A.F.B (Former Employee), Wright Patterson Air Force BaseApril 29, 2012
Pros: technical assignments
Cons: temporary job
Take trouble calls from computer Users.
Installing and troubleshoot computer networks.
Management was good in the sense of providing on going training. My co-workers and I worked well together. Hardest part was not having enough people to handle the the trouble calls.
Working in a friendly environment.
Store Manger (Former Employee), walesApril 15, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: very long hours
Prob the best shop ive ever worked, staff and customers are the best
Fun work place
Retail/stockroom assistant (Former Employee), Stourbridge, ENGApril 3, 2014
Pros: breaks every so often
Cons: long shifts
At Select I learnt the clothes aspect of the business and how to ensure that the shop floor was always tidy and the clothes were set out to a high standard. hardest part of the job was learning the till as you had to type in some of the clothes. It was a good experience and I enjoyed all the staff who worked there.
Great Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Crewe, ENGJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: enjoy the staff that work there.
Cons: not enough hours, not enough pay.
Typical Day at Work;
serving customers, dealing with a delivery, tidying the store, communication with the customers.

Colleagues;
I get along really well with all of my colleagues and even my bosses, we are all on a similar wave-length and know how to keep each other going when the day gets tough.

What I learned;
throughout my time working at select, – more... I have learnt to grow as a person, become more and more confident in communicating with customers. I have gained a lot more experience in how to deal with specific situations. – less
self-motivated
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Buenos AiresJanuary 7, 2014
Assessing face to face to an Economist person regarding quality control and technical work required long hours of conversations, explanations and writing.
hard work
Manager (Current Employee), yorkshireOctober 2, 2013
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: long hours
very hard working. long hours when needing to recover a bad store.
no benefits as such
only plus point the area manager
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: low wage
A typical day at Select would have been customer service throughout, unpacking deliveries, keeping stock tidy, operating the till serving customers, doing the banking, scanning deliveries, checking fitting rooms, helping cash up at the end of the day. I learned a lot about the retail environment how to deal with difficult customers, how to check stock, – more... maintain a tidy shop, be aware of thieves and much more. There wasn't a hard part of the job in my opinion I really liked it. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers pick out items and seeing that they're really happy with it makes you feel happy also. – less
Busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), BletchleyAugust 16, 2013
Pros: long lunch/break
Cons: travel
Select was always very busy.
I learnt how to count stock, merchandise, serve customers on the till, and how to assist the fitting rooms.
Management was okay.
My co-workers were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I got on with them very well.
My hardest part of the job was stock counts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers on – more... the till. – less
lovely people to be around
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdare, WLSJuly 25, 2013
Pros: staff dicount 20%
Cons: no heating or air conditioning/
a typical day at work was fun and energetic but also very hard work and tiring. at select i learned how to use the till use the scanner device and process deliveries. all my co- workers where lovely and very good at their jobs.
Wonderful Work Culture
Afterhours Messenger (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2013
Select is an Alberta-based company which connects each of its divisions spread around a number of Alberta towns into a group effort of connecting callers with on-call contacts, relaying information for the customer offices, taking check-in reports from field workers. Each of its offices comprises a small team, which allows for making a big investment – more... in employee satisfaction. It is a very acommodating work experience. – less
very good
deputy manager (Current Employee), stevenageApril 28, 2013
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: long hours
I work in the biggest sq foot store on my region and can lend a team of 10+ staff.
Very enjoyable workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee), LeighMarch 28, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: low pay
A typical day at works involves customer service, dealing with customers, delivery, working on tills, handling data and more basic jobs of cleaning.
The hardest part of the job is keeping everything fully organsised at all times but it is always managed and the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with new customers all day, every day.
fun work place but hard at times
customer servives (Former Employee), sales asistantFebruary 22, 2013
i love working with clothes in retail due to the fact that i love working with fashion and textiles
exciting sociable
sales advisore (Former Employee), hullFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: cleaning the shop floor on a daily basis
i enjoyed working with my collegues and assisting the customers with their queries.
i enjoyed merchandsing an dressing the mannequins.
productive and a fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee), HullFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great experience
A typical day at work was sorting out stock, cleaning and sometimes working in the changing rooms. I learned stock sorting and customer service skills. The management and the cowrokers I worked with were friendly and lovely. There was no hardest part of the job. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ellesmere PortFebruary 11, 2013
Cons: short hours, not enough work.
In select I only worked twice a week as a temporary sales assistant and I would just be working on the till and making sure the shop floor was tidy e.g. no clothes on the floor and changing rooms where done. It was a great experience working there and I learnt more on my customer service and it also helped my confidence with communicating with people. – more... I got along with with all of my co-workers very well. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unhappy customers but the most enjoyable part of the job was being around people i could get along with and being in a happy environment. – less