Selective Insurance Employee Reviews

Employee friendly company
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2015
I believe that Selective really cares about it's employees. They support several entities outside the company and the employees benefit from this. The thoroughly support movement within the company.
Pros
Company supports the employees
Could be great
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2015
At this time Selective is undergoing a major change and it is making working there a bit more challenging than it would in a normal Selective work setting. I do recommend this company if you have the ability to work longer hours and are a "see's the light at the end of the tunnel" person
Pros
pay
Cons
work/life balance
Family Oriented Company
Claim Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJJuly 1, 2015
At Selective Insurance I was able to contact 300 vendors to update and manage Selective Insurance’s claims vendor list. I was able to attend corporate workshops on project management, leadership, and managing different personalities and generations in the workplace in order to have the ability to work as efficiently and effectively within in a team and succeed as a team; as well as learning traits, characteristics, and work ethics to become a successful leader. Selective offers employees a family friendly atmosphere. Even as an intern at Selective I was able to make an impact for one of their programs.
Productive fun place to work with ability for advancement
Senior Personal Lines Marketing Manger (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJJune 29, 2015
Typical day for a field rep consists of about 12 hours of work. Start you day off with your agent appointments and return to your home office to prepare reports for the following day. I learned that no matter how much I give, I am always able to give more as long as I am appreciated. I enjoy sharing ideas with co workers in order to learn how the same job goals can be attained many different ways. The hardest part of my job is knowing when to put the phone/laptop down. In that aspect, I am my worst enemy. However the most enjoyable is meeting new people every day. Being able to help give them ideas on how to make their business more successful.
Pros
Ability to be flexible
Cons
Micromanagement
current employee
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2015
great mid size company, not a lot of growth upward but continuing education is affordable. yearly merits are given and bonus based upon performance are awarded.
Temporary work
Insurance Bill Reviewer CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 9, 2014
Receive and return phone calls to the medical facilities, adjusters and all other parties requesting the status and/or concerns about the medical bills.

Documenting the calls via the Customer Service Excel spread sheet.
Cons
job guaranteed for only 1 year
One of my worst jobs ever
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  LathamAugust 19, 2013
Only lasted a week. Work environment was terrible. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there.
Cons
everything
Many changes since Selective got a new IT CEO
IT Specialist Developer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 20, 2013
“If you don't have a life and enjoy worrying about your job stability, join the Selective team. Incompetent management” ”
Pros
i liked the people in my team
Cons
lack of organizational support, low pay. a tangled mess of what was once a great company”
busy, room for advancement
Sr. Acct. Representative (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJSeptember 6, 2012
busy, enjoyed answering phones, data enry. Worked well with everyone. Everyone was very helpful.
Account Analyst
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJMay 3, 2012
Managed over 60 accounts, allocating funds, creating relationships, and solving disputes.
Learned general accounting and collections.
Hardest part of the job, collections.
Most enjoyable part of the job, great company, great benefits and opportunities.
Pros
great company with good benefits and opportunities