Selective Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Staffing agency seriously lacking integrity and motivation
CONTRACTOR/SELECTIVE STAFFING (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 7, 2017
Selective has placed me in several positions, however they are the best of the worst. Constant follow up is needed when a resume is submitted, they do not negotiate with clients for fair compensation as a majority of times the compensation was 1/3 of what a permanent employee performing the same function receives with no benefits or vacation. I have been offered many professonal and management positions for nder $15/hr.
Jobs typically don't get posted yet they do not call when a position is available that meets your qualifications. They focus on previous pay and low end positions yet ignore the higher end or management positions thus placing you in a 15 dollar an hour or below position so they can meet there quota.
Pros
they have work
Cons
everything else
temp agency
Assembly Line Inspector (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221May 9, 2017
I went through selective staffing less than a year ago. I feel at this time it is to early to rate, but I feel they try to accommodate your job experience and fulfill you needs.

Thank you!
Was a temporary agency
Operations Specialist, HSBC Bank, USA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2017
Do not really remember anything as this was a temporary agency that I only worked with once. No bad recollections. Everyone is friendly when I call back to collect various information for resumes / job applications.
Selective Staffing Solutions
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2017
When I worked at Selective Staffing Solutions I loved everywhere they put me. Evey job I went to I met great employees and bosses. I got to learn about a lot of things.
Workplace environment was HORRIBLE
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYMarch 31, 2017
The workplace environment I was referred to by Selective Staffing for a position was horrific!! To find that this staffing agency has placed many other people here too with the same results.
Production Line - Temp (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Able to find me work the first time, but waited a long time in between temporary jobs. The workplaces that i was assigned to were friendly and willing to train me.
Great staff, that provided long term results!
Processor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 28, 2016
My recruiter, Stefanie was very easy to talk to and my first placement with them resulted in a long term position. Even before my contract was up, I was promoted! They soon then offered me a full time position, with a great pay increase (as promised my Stefanie). They were understanding when I was ill and couldn't make it into work within my first few week of me starting at my job. They communicated with the company and myself consistently. Another great benefit was the weekly pay, every Thursday. The front desk staff were so nice every time I came in, and them remembering my name made me feel special. I appreciate them for helping me find a great company with long term benefits. I will recommend them to anyone who is in need of employment; you are guaranteed to enjoy the results!
Pros
Weekly pay and a great staff!
Cons
Lower pay starting out for my liking, with no benefits.
work life
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 11, 2016
kimco staffing is not that good of a temp agency they do not pay well for the type of work given and is hard to be motivated with that being said, but the office people are kind.
Long wait time for assignment. Have to take what's given right away. Better have car!
CMB Analyst, HSBC (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Long wait time for assignment. Have to take what's given right away. Better have a car! The company advertises many jobs available right away, then puts you on a waiting list where you must call once a week, no more no less. After a month of no offers, why continue calling?
Temporary Agency that keeps you working.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2015
Selective Staffing Solutions was a great temporary agency to work with. They matched my skills with various companies and placed me well. I enjoyed working for them and their staff.
Pros
Great placements
Placed me in a well paying job as I re-entered the work force.
Analyst/Contingent (Former Employee) –  NYMay 24, 2015
Very grateful for them placing me with a company I could gain experience from. I was a stay at home mom for 10 years, so it can be very scary trying to figure out what the re-entry plan will be. It was great to be placed somewhere that matched my skills.
Pros
Placed me in the right job for my skills
Cons
pay was tough at first, but hired full time by new company in 3 months.
Work at HSBC aml compliance officer
AML Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 8, 2013
One of the better temp agencies to work for. Actual listen to where you want to work and they find job that's fits your needs.
Worklife
HSBC Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  WIlliamsville, NYJuly 26, 2013
It was wonderful working for that company. I learned to work well with others, more than i already known. The hardest part of the job would have to be when you would receive a box without the file you need it in. Then you would have to search the computer database to track that specific file.
Great Company.
Operations Assistant and Initial Review Agent (Current Employee) –  1775 Wherle DriveMarch 17, 2013
I've been with HSBC as part of the CMB AML team since June 8, 2012, and have worked much overtime. Also, I'm still here.
Pros
saturday lunch, breakfast, weekday pizza parties...tons of food
Provided on the job training.
Temp for Hire/Production Line (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2012
This agency was quick to find work for employees that matched employees qualifications.
Good Agency!
HSBC Operations Lead Assistant/CMB AML (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 28, 2012
The staff was pleasant and professional and found me a long term contract position in a short amount if time.