SelectQuote Employee Reviews

I loved selectquote
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 19, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone, they are fun and exciting, great incentives. I worked 8 to 5pm. One of the best jobs I've worked for. Compensation for daily duties were okay but we got gifts furing the week, gift cards for hard work etc.
Awesome sales training
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 31, 2017
Select Quote was by far the best sales training I had experienced. the trainers were skilled yet fun. The information was easy to understand thus the process was successful. By just following the sales flow you were able to capture the consumer on that fist call. There was no cold calling so everyone you spoke with was already interested in the product. Our product knowledge training and medical underwriting were invaluable. I still use the knowledge to this day!
Pros
the Bonus structure
Cons
Inflexible work hours Monday - Friday 9-6pm. personally I prefer a more varied work scheduel
Nice place to work
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2017
Money is not quite what was promised, but it was still pretty good. All of the managers that I worked with were very easy going and did show patience while training.
Pros
Most of the time it was upbeat
Cons
New hires were expected to do as well as people that had been there for years.
Love working at SelectQuote
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2016
I travel two hours each way to and from work and it's totally worth it. My team is wonderful and they trust my work. I'm grateful that I was given the opportunity to bring my talents to help enhance the SelectQuote brand.
Productive environment
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 14, 2016
Productive work environment;
Management could use some work;
Co-workers were great;
Hardest part of job is complicated applications
Enjoyable part is being able to check status' quickly and effectively
atrocious
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2016
never certain of your paycheck amount; always a guess as to the amount you were to be paid. management is just awful, informing you constantly that you are underperforming on one or more of the 15 facets of your job. Tremendous amount of turnover leads to poor morale. Micro managed to the hilt; i.e. production reports e-mailed every 2 hours. reverse racism engineered. Top-heavy management. Leads promised are not delivered. 15% of the reps make a decent living. The rest cannot wait to find another job. Look elsewhere.
Pros
free parking
Cons
see above
Really?
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2016
You are in jeopardy of losing your job on a daily basis. The compensation structure is VERY vague. Immediate sales managers are good but upper managers...oh boy, they need to get involved in what the agents really do. SelectQuote is a company that loves reports, does good marketing and oh by the way, they sell insurance. Good luck if you decide to try this. Don't expect to last very long!
Pros
Sales energy, Christmas Bonus
Cons
Compensation, too many reports
Outstanding Company
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 23, 2016
SelectQuote is a wonderful company to work for. The management staff will invest time and resources into you to help make you successful. The hardest part of the job is the sales cycle. A lot of the business that is written falls out before going in force. Part of that is clients changing their mind, but there are also a lot of moving parts on the back end of a life insurance sale and that can create a lot of attrition to your sales numbers making it hard to know what you are getting paid for and when.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Difficult comp plan.
Great
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
Awesome place to work. Good benefits and people and will challenge you to grow. They still have a lot to fix though because this department is new and it has a lot of challenges that can be frustrating. You need to be very patient and not let little things and sometimes big things bother you.
Good Job
Select Quote Senior -­ Licensed Health Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 28, 2016
Responsible for selling and informing customers about Medicare while representing 25 of the top Insurance Carriers (like: Aetna, Humana, and UHC), while also using the most Up-to-date technologies in a fast-pace working environment.

Want to know more about SelectQuote?

Ask a question
I loved working there because of my immediate supervisor.
Company Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I loved the work I was doing (admin). I especially loved my supervisor. She was my mentor and an inspiration. I am lucky to have worked for her as a Company Representative. I learned to leave my emotions and personal life at the door. My typical day consisted of me coming in and doing my job. Taking my breaks. Going home. My manager never micro managed me. The hardest part of my job was having to wait for other people to do their job as it pertained to me. Also, the admin compensation was not enough.
Pros
My manager in the Company Representative Department
Cons
Compensation
Fun place to work.
Enrollment Agent (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 16, 2015
Fun co-workers and bosses. Made good money. I loved coming into work. They bought lunch a lot, great benefits and incentives.
fun place to work, real good work place
Quality Assurance Coach (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 19, 2015
Fun place to work at, supportive management team, they want you to do better and be the best you can be. In a day I would log on to the software, so I could pull calls and listen in on calls. So I could rate and grade the agent on his/hers call, then transfer it on toan spreadsheet to keep track.
Pros
1 hour lunches, great pay, fun place to work at
Cons
short contract duing aep
A great job to build experience
Help Desk Tier II (Current Employee) –  Leawood KSSeptember 2, 2015
I spent my days managing exchange distribution groups and building a new Active Directory. My day also consisted of fixing end user issues that varied everyday from internet issues, virus removal or email issues.
Pros
Great relaxed company that was very driven for success.
Cons
Was an insurance company so the I T team was always left out.
high energy fast work space and fun
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2015
All my fellow employees were great to work with, very supportive, and I learned to play the ukelele with lessons that the owner of the company set up for the employees.
Pros
prizes and free lunches
Horrible Place to work
Life Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2015
It is the Titanic and on its way down, they used to be a great company where 100k plus income was sustainable but they got to greedy and your lucky if you can make 75k
Consistant
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2015
Fair, equal opportunity employer. I enjoy the people I work with. Good Company. I've worked here several years and saw the growth. They retain a lot of long term employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Managers constantly micro manage. Job description changes every few months. Commission schedule constantly changes. Over 65 agents left in 2014.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 27, 2015
Managers micro managed on an hourly basis. High sales one day is disregarded on next day if minimum is not met that day. Job description changed 5-6 times in 3 year period. Goals set by management changed every quarter. Commission scale changed every year. Percentages were lowered each year. High turnover. Long hours.
Pros
Pay (if you can work 10 hours a day)
Cons
Long hours and micro managers.
Great work environment with a "work hard, play hard" attitude
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work for those just starting out in the corporate world. Offers great opportunities for those looking for great earning potential in sales. Office based work is a little underpaid.
Training is offered to all in each division and will train individuals who have no experience in the insurance industry. Management is easy to work with and tries to offer a competitive pay structure. This is a fairly new company still working the growing pains, but has great potential to be a very competitive company in the insurance industry.
Pros
Pto, fun atmosphere, good camaraderie
Cons
401k, healthcare offerings, benefits in general
SelectQuote Senior
Sales, Enrollment and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 19, 2015
Very fun work place. Good leadership. Needed better management. A typical day was making over 100 calls a day and selling, enrolling, or doing customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly culture. I enjoyed my time at SelectQuote Senior.
Pros
Laid-back, free lunches, fun job enviroment
Cons
Too much micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SelectQuote. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7