Carolina Mountains has been serving Western North Carolina since 1974. It now operates as a division of Self-Help Credit Union and serves a membership of more than 7,000 through four branch locations.
Self-Help is a community development lender founded in 1980 that creates and protects ownership and economic opportunity for minority, women-headed, rural and low-wealth families through home and small business lending. It has provided over $5.5 billion in financing to help more than 64,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources across the country. Self-Help's affiliate, the Center for Responsible Lending, researches and advocates for state and national legislation to address predatory lending practices and policies.
Self-Help and the Center for Responsible Lending are national organizations based out of Durham, North Carolina with regional offices in North Carolina, Washington DC. and California. Nationally and internationally recognized as a leader in community development lending, Self-Help is one of twelve nonprofits featured in Forces for Good: The Six Practices of High Impact Nonprofits.
To provide teller services to our membership on a part-time basis of 24 hours per week at our Penrose and Rosman branch locations.
1. Process share deposit payments, loan payments and account transfers.
2. Disburse cash and check withdrawals.
3. Open, close and balance their cash drawer daily.
4. Maintain drawer cash levels within prescribed amounts.
5. Address member inquiries about credit union services and about their accounts.
6. Enter night, ATM and mail deposits. (Part of dual control team.)
7. Perform account file maintenance as authorized.
8. Cross-sell credit union products and services
9. Process manual payrolls.
10. Handle Vault Teller responsibilities. (if applicable)
1 1. Balance ATM daily. (Part of dual control team.)
12. Perform various administrative tasks.
13. Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to learn and use our Data Processing System.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate orally
- Ability to handle cash and record daily transactions accurately
- Ability to display outgoing, friendly, yet professional personality and provide excellent customer service to our members
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter describing why you are a fit for this position. Please include position title as subject of email.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status, ancestry, nationality, family status or sexual orientation.