Self Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews

A great "work family" environment!
Patient Accounting (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 7, 2015
I have had the privilege of learning the billing side of the healthcare field. This really is a great place to work, the benefits are good and for the most part the work environment is great.
Pros
Available training, encouragement from management to always learn new things
Cons
Not everyone is held accountable for actions
patient care nurse doctor relationship
lpn (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 26, 2015
very rewarding day interacting with fellow employees but most of all interacting with patients and feeling gratitude in making someone's day more pleasant and seeing them get better and returning home overcoming their illness
Pros
good work environment
Cons
incentives for good performance
Cardiac Cath Lab
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 26, 2015
I am the logistics manager for EKG's within our healthcare system, so I ensure that all EKG's are performed appropriately and manage those employees that perform them. I keep up with statistics and charges for the cardiac cath lab. I ensure that all patients have the appropriate paperwork from our physicians and ensure that they are taken care of on arrival. I also manage the flow of our department, because we have eight physicians, we have to ensure they have the ability to work in a timely manner.
Pros
Great place to work, staff, and great employer
Cons
not getting compensated for my Bachelors or Masters degree
productive,hot enviroment,teamwork,good postive attitude
Linen Service Aide Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 22, 2015
I had a very nice work place enjoy different employees and meeting other people.working as a team to accomplish the goal for that day. The hardest part of my job was working with employees that you have to keep asking to perform their duties and the environment was hot..But most of all been able to communicate with each other as we complete the task.
Pros
gift cards to walmart
Cons
working over
Money focused health care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 7, 2015
Self Regional is a "not for profit" hospital whose only drive is income. Yes, all businesses need to profit to survive. However, the senior leadership makes decisions based only on productivity. Their limited view of success has resulted in unsafe understaffing of nurses and other key allied health jobs. The nurse patient ratios for exceed even regional standards. This had put the patients at risk and the licenses' of their professional staff.
Pros
very few pros, some high quality peers (of the few who havent found jobs at other facilities)
Cons
poor nurse patient ratios in all units (floors, critical care, and procedure areas), tolerant of staff verbal abuse from physicians
It is a very nice place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 27, 2015
The staff was friendly an helpful. The work environment is excellent and the morale was good. I enjoyed working with the patients and helping them to cope with the problems that brought them to the unit.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
summary
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 18, 2015
Working at this organization has been a pleasure. Look forward to advancing in this organization and learning more skills to better myself.
Wonderful co-workers, encouraging leaders and productive atmosphere
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 9, 2015
Productive atmosphere is conducive to accomplishing community outreach activities. Embracive leadership establishes motivation amongst employees.
Pros
exceptional atmosphere, hour long breaks
Cons
Salary is non-competative
very rewarding place to work.
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 20, 2015
Typically all tasks were done in the manner that were up to the standards of all lissensed professionals. it is rewarding to work in a feild that every day is a learning expierience
Pros
learning and retrieving new information and then being able to add then to my credentials
Great Work Place
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to work, most people are very nice. Patients are the best. Having an on site cafeteria is very great because most employees have 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
on site cafeteria, great health insurance
Team Players
Patitent Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Every day even though everybody may not have been in the best of moods they still put a smile on their face. At the end f the day it wasn't about us it was about the patients and their families.
Pros
good pay, benifits
Cons
short breaks
loved the people.
Purchasing Agent and Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 6, 2014
this was one of the best places I have ever worked. the people are top notch and like one big family. the pay advancement is very slow.
fun place to work
Surgical Technologist C.NA. (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2014
working operation room preparing patient for surgery
I learned teamwork
management was great if I needed anything my mangers was always there
the best co workers
taking calls being called back to work in the middle of the night
working with people that that wanted the best out of you
Pros
benfits
Cons
healtcare
Great benefits, great schedule
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 9, 2014
My day would start doing the last minute touches for lunch. Lunch started at 11am served lunch until 1:30pm. We served customers from entre line and grill areas. after lunch we had our lunch break. then we started getting ready for supper that opened at 4:30pm. Dishes were washed, supplies brought up from storage, cleaned all food prep areas and serving areas. Cut and packaged dessert if needed. Set up line for supper, served it, put up food after serving line closed and stored in proper place. Dishes washed and all areas cleaned and locked up. Left work around 7-7:30pm

If I was cashier I balanced drawer, set up drawer for that shift, checked out customers, stocked shelves between customers, balanced all monies at end of shift. The cashier was responsible for making coffee, and cleaning that area and keeping salad bar stocked with condiments.
.............
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
limited time sometimes to get all work done
Grat employer
Safety Assistant Duties (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company an assisting the visitors
Pros
great job environment
Cons
did not last long enough
A lot of hard work at a steady pace.
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 4, 2014
A typical day in the radiology department depended on if the emergency room was busy or not. If the ER was busy, I was busy. These days included receiving orders from the emergency department or the inpatient floors and making sure these orders were received by the radiology technicians. Physicians were always coming into the department to view xray films which were usually needing to be searched to locate. Xray films were prepared daily to be taken to surgery.
Great transcription team.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 23, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my career at Self Regional Healthcare. I was part a fantastic team. We worked together great and helped each other daily. We all met or exceeded our quotas daily with accuracy. We learned new things daily from each other and would pass along information so that all of us could learn together when a new word or medicine came along.

I required very little supervision as I knew my responsibilities and took care of them daily.

I loved my job. It was not difficult to me, but that may have been because I had been doing it for so long.
Pros
i worked at home! plus earned monthly incentive checks.
Cons
having to go into the hospital at times for meetings.
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 16, 2014
Typical work day included ward security duties. I learned out to input doctors orders and labs, and how to bill the residents Management was good. Co workers were god team players. The hardest part of my job was seeing residents that had been mistreated by their family members. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to communicate with people and help them.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
swing shift
clerical work
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  greenwood scJuly 15, 2014
Medical Clerical work. Good job for clinical employees. Enjoyed projects given
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
Great team!
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 14, 2014
SRH is a great place to be. The IT department has a fantastic team that works well together.

4.3