Self Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great staff, no advancement at all
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 10, 2018
Worked with a great crew and hospital staff. Just no room whatsoever to climb the ladder. Unless you plan on being in the same lower position for at least 10+ years.
Incredible Benefits
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 10, 2018
The benefits package and compensation at Self is unbelievable for the size of the organization. Team Members are treated fairly.
Paid Leave for non-clinical staff is terrible because you are required to take your paid leave for mandatory office closing. Therefore, it is impossible to accrue leave for years. This is especially tough for mothers of small children.
Pros
Benefits, family-feel
Cons
Paid time off and mandatory office closings.
Management does not care about the employees in some departments
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 29, 2017
I would not recommend for anyone to work there. Unreasonable expectations are placed on the employees. The company talks about maintaining a work/life balance but then they don't support you when try.
If you are "in", you're "in like Flynn"...
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 28, 2017
If you are part of the clique, you will advance and will receive high praises as well as pay increases. If you are not, then you will only ever be considered as "meets" job expectations.

Management is in most cases unaware of what their employees do on a day to day basis but make decisions that affect your career without knowing this valuable information.
Stressful
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 13, 2017
Recommend working night shift as a new grad or inexperienced nurse. They are not a fair place of employment, will do things for some and not for others.
Review
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 3, 2017
Great colleagues that got your back. Expect a high work volume, quick paced shifts
Be prepared to work hard.
The specimen volume to tech ration is too high.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
too high specimen volume
Fast Paced
Radiology Technologist/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCNovember 29, 2017
Private practice setting is a very fast paced, busy environment. We have 5 providers and typically see 150 to 200 patients per day. Management is adequate but stretched too thin.
Compensation Unfair
Ward Secretary/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 23, 2017
It's not fair that Self Regional hires new employees or new grads for RN and other positions at a higher rate of pay than their current and loyal employees. There is a high turnover rate in staffing and this is one of the main causes. Management does not care about it's valuable employees.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
Career Advancement
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 9, 2017
There is too much blind siding and covering up. No consistent behavior. No room to express concerns in private, without being put on display. No one to listen with understanding. Too much of being falsely judge.
Productive and fun
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 3, 2017
Great management. Learn alot of new and exciting things. The atmosphere can get stressful. The coworkers are great and reliable. Variety of hours you can pick up if needed
Extremely productive job
Pre admission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 28, 2017
checking in MRI patients. Pre registering patients, filing ins, data entry, answering phones and scheduling patients. I have been here at SRH for almost 9 years. I really enjoy working in the medical field. I worked 4 years in the Emergency Room and really did like that. I have now been in scheduling almost 4 years.
Pros
lots of side entertainment and ways to better SRH and Greenwood.
Cons
not enough employees in some departments to help get job done and not stress out current workers.
laid off
Case Management/Discharge Planning (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 13, 2017
This job was my life I enjoyed working at SRHC for many, many years. With the change in drop in the economy caused upset lives and with this change in life style. With this change has caused changes in my life.
Pros
dream job
Cons
laid off from job
Bullied intimatated and borderline harressed
Cardiac Rehab (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Bullied intimated and borderline harressed is how I describe the experience in the cardiac rehab dept. I brought to the dept. much needed positive energy which the rest of the group employed there were not ready to receive.
Pros
No orientation
Cons
Kicked to the curb within 6 weeks
Competitive and Fast Paced
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 11, 2017
I give Self Regional a 3 out of 5, the benefits are decent and the schedule is flexible, but the management is poor and the work environment is unpleasant because of coworkers
Beware!!
Phlebotomist/ Lab Management and Collection (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 10, 2017
Managers and Supervisors do not do their job. They try to find the easy way out by firing all the good employees and leaving the employees that don't care about the patients and their specimens. They conduct fake investigations and also lie about it. Keep to yourself!
Cook
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 20, 2017
PROS
Job security
competitive health benefits
PTO
discounts

CONS
Management is driven by doing more with less
To many chiefs and not enough indians
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse, Orthopedic/Vascular Unit (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 12, 2017
The culture at Self Regional is great. I think it is one of the friendliest places that I have ever worked. There are times when the patient load is higher than it should be, but the level of teamwork makes up for it.
It is a wonderful place to learn as a new nurse. There are opportunities for advancement and educational growth.
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 9, 2017
As a new nurse, this was the best place for me to begin my career. Team members were helpful and patient with me while I learned new tasks and skills. My manager is the most amazing person to work for.
Pros
Amazing teamwork, great benefits
Cons
Short lunch break
productive and nice enviroment to work in
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 5, 2017
Productive , sometimes stressful but overall a nice place to work. the benefits are good, and co-workers were nice people. I really enjoyed my work area .
I have a Manager that cares.
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 26, 2017
I feel that Self employees are very underpaid. We get the most pitiful yearly increases and if you are not a Nurse your position isn't good enough for extra increases. They make you feel very unappreciated.