Self Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews

summary of job duties
REGISTERED CARDIOVASCULAR INVASIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 6, 2017
Scrub with physicians, monitored patients vitals, schedule procedures, assisted in any ballooning and stenting for the heart, worked with patients to get the ready for heart cath
Pros
pays great
Cons
needs better management
I only worked here as an intern
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 1, 2017
I worked here as an intern for 3 months in the Internal Audit Department. Everyone was kind and welcoming. I learned a lot from my mentors. It is a large company, so many new faces to meet!
Busy work place
Clerical, limited x-Ray tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Typical work day would be lots of patients, lots of paperwork, short lunch. I have learned to do things right the first time. Management not always around unless something is going on. such as visitors. Hardest thing was working with people that made a lot more money than you did and could only do half the work that you could do and did. Worked with a lot of good people.
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
Not paid enough of money for the job
Great work place
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 3, 2017
I really e joyed working here everyone's job was focused on helping someone and that means a lot to me to help someone who's is not feeling their best
EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 27, 2016
Overall a great place to work. However ITdepartment is very lean with team members doing the work of 2-3 workers. Co workers are more like family. The hardest part of the job is working very long hours in the office or at home with little time for family
Great place
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work with great team members and management. I have worked with this hospital for twelve years. I have learned a lot and had the opportunity to advance in my nursing career.
Awesome work place
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working here and would go back gladly. They were very flexible and friendly. It was very fast pace but we cad a good time and took care of our patients.
Pros
Very flexible
work environment
Emergency Care Center RN (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 30, 2016
Nurses care for patients across the life span in this emergency room. I have learned how to appropriately care for patients with a variety of health care needs. The direct management is easy to contact and willing to listen. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Cons
manditory call
2 year struggle
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 15, 2016
Self is always short staffed pay and benefits are great. Some of the staff is unpleasant and unprofessional. Some nights their was one 1 tech no the floor with 30 patients. Some nights you are forced to another floor where the staff is unpleasant, also.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Caseload
i love working with others and learning all I can
Ptc (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Decent amount of red tape and Policies, but this is exspected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaning exsperince you receive and working with all the doctors and co workers.
Pros
Great peolpe to work with
Cons
pay full price for lunch
A great "work family" environment!
Patient Accounting (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 7, 2015
I have had the privilege of learning the billing side of the healthcare field. This really is a great place to work, the benefits are good and for the most part the work environment is great.
Pros
Available training, encouragement from management to always learn new things
Cons
Not everyone is held accountable for actions
patient care nurse doctor relationship
lpn (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 26, 2015
very rewarding day interacting with fellow employees but most of all interacting with patients and feeling gratitude in making someone's day more pleasant and seeing them get better and returning home overcoming their illness
Pros
good work environment
Cons
incentives for good performance
Cardiac Cath Lab
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 26, 2015
I am the logistics manager for EKG's within our healthcare system, so I ensure that all EKG's are performed appropriately and manage those employees that perform them. I keep up with statistics and charges for the cardiac cath lab. I ensure that all patients have the appropriate paperwork from our physicians and ensure that they are taken care of on arrival. I also manage the flow of our department, because we have eight physicians, we have to ensure they have the ability to work in a timely manner.
Pros
Great place to work, staff, and great employer
Cons
not getting compensated for my Bachelors or Masters degree
productive,hot enviroment,teamwork,good postive attitude
Linen Service Aide Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 22, 2015
I had a very nice work place enjoy different employees and meeting other people.working as a team to accomplish the goal for that day. The hardest part of my job was working with employees that you have to keep asking to perform their duties and the environment was hot..But most of all been able to communicate with each other as we complete the task.
Pros
gift cards to walmart
Cons
working over
Money focused health care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 7, 2015
Self Regional is a "not for profit" hospital whose only drive is income. Yes, all businesses need to profit to survive. However, the senior leadership makes decisions based only on productivity. Their limited view of success has resulted in unsafe understaffing of nurses and other key allied health jobs. The nurse patient ratios for exceed even regional standards. This had put the patients at risk and the licenses' of their professional staff.
Pros
very few pros, some high quality peers (of the few who havent found jobs at other facilities)
Cons
poor nurse patient ratios in all units (floors, critical care, and procedure areas), tolerant of staff verbal abuse from physicians
It is a very nice place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 27, 2015
The staff was friendly an helpful. The work environment is excellent and the morale was good. I enjoyed working with the patients and helping them to cope with the problems that brought them to the unit.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
summary
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 18, 2015
Working at this organization has been a pleasure. Look forward to advancing in this organization and learning more skills to better myself.
Wonderful co-workers, encouraging leaders and productive atmosphere
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 9, 2015
Productive atmosphere is conducive to accomplishing community outreach activities. Embracive leadership establishes motivation amongst employees.
Pros
exceptional atmosphere, hour long breaks
Cons
Salary is non-competative
very rewarding place to work.
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 20, 2015
Typically all tasks were done in the manner that were up to the standards of all lissensed professionals. it is rewarding to work in a feild that every day is a learning expierience
Pros
learning and retrieving new information and then being able to add then to my credentials
Great Work Place
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to work, most people are very nice. Patients are the best. Having an on site cafeteria is very great because most employees have 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
On site cafeteria, great health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Self Regional Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Self Regional Healthcare Reviews by Location