Selfhelp Community Services Employee Reviews

horrid
RN ( CHHA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Long hours, no respect and honestly a loss of your license is a great possibility since the supportive team is nonexistent. I do not recommend this facility for anyone
Unwind and uplift my self and education
Persona/ Educational Enrichment (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 18, 2017
not for everyone but good opportunity for a temp or other person in between assignments. If your able to invest the time on yourself for learning a new skill or craft
Pros
Open level of self
Cons
no pay
Fun Place to work and always looking for new challenges
Handyman (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2017
it was a good company just not good HR was more about ding things for company and not caring about the employees. NIce hours and plenty of family time. Just too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Great
Reverend minister (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 4, 2017
Great hard working people love the way the team gave effort in every way each time I attended work in that atmosphere more we experience each step together and made it more easier not that I have anything to complain about I just know that everyone did a very great job and I become willing and motivated to attend each and every day we have .
Pros
Coming
Cons
Not coming
Great
Entrepreneur/Owner (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 3, 2017
Overall self-help provided me the independent structure to run a self business fluent. Being able to be adverse in multiple areas gives me more skills I could've ever learned being a college graduate.
Love being around others different personalities are great.
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 28, 2017
Fast paced always on the go, love the moving around and putting my best at a great job that I no I can do no less than perfection at its best. I sure you will be happy with my work that's a guarantee.
Pros
My best
Cons
Lack of recognition
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYNovember 25, 2017
Management is great! Easy going and laid back environment. Easy to manage your home life with your job and other activities your life might throw your way.
Home owners
Handy Man (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 22, 2017
Worked for home owners taking care of all there consruction needs from broken water pipes to rebuilding kitchen's to bathrooms & ect. Home owners ask a lot and I can do it .
Hot & Sweaty
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2017
I've been excited about getting a job for a long time now so this past summer i went around the neighborhood with my lawn-mower cutting yards for $15 dollars It was hot i was turned down more than accepted and I wasnt making a lot of money.
Pros
All profit
Cons
Slow pace Low pay
it was a okay job
Babysitter/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 14, 2017
The job was okay not to many people to have there kids babysat its hard to keep the job when there is barely any work overall it paid okay wasnt that bad

Want to know more about Selfhelp Community Services?

Ask a question
Relaxed and enjoyable work place
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2017
I was a cleaner. I loved it because it was something kinda different everyday.. I loved meeting new clients .. And as crazy as it may sound I love to clean..
Pros
New people .. New environment daily
Cons
Healthcare
Freedom with a lot of responsibilty
Senior Community Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
The job itself has its good and bad points. The freedom to make your own schedule is nice, but dealing with the back and forth and disorganization of the program is difficult to deal with. I am constantly being directed to do contradictory tasks that effect the people in the community. It is a difficult job that can be extremely stressful, and on the other hand a majority of the people that you work with are talented and there is a lot of team work involved.
fun place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
its a very good place to work the hours are okay the staff and clients are okay and they fun to be with .the clients are helpful at times and willing to help
Non-productive at the time, but respectful environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2017
Working for Self-Help was very difficult for me.I was not getting enough hours to support my two children.There were times when I had to travel from Brooklyn to Queens, just to work for four hours.I did care for wonderful patients whose names I still remember after over twenty years.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Lack of cases
Productive, Help other's engage in different activities
Program Assistant, Temp (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 2, 2017
I enjoy working for this company and they treat everyone with respect. The job deals with a lot of different people that has many different personalities.
It was very compaetitve and fun to get to meet new people and learn different things the key to that is to always be open minded.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 28, 2017
Self help is ok when u retired and want to be of service to a company.that's the only thing that is ok with selfhelp if u ask me.its not something that you want to make a career out of.
Pros
Meet new people, learn new things, work alot more hours.
Cons
No healthcare, no paid vactions, and no pay daysoff
prudoctive & fun work
Pavers , Brick installer, contractor, Handyman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2017
not continues work , for self employed , experience with driving ,
reliable & safe , can't say much more , can do all kind of jobs ,
clean , fast , & to the point.
productive job, learning how to do difficult tasks
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYOctober 21, 2017
I loved housecleaning because it was something I was good at. I liked being in charge of the house and making it a nice looking home when the owners return. the hardest part of the job is when people I liked moved or passed away. I have had people I was with for over 25 yrs and then a death in the family made them have to move to another state. I want to try something different,
Pros
work hours around my needs
Cons
you never know when someone has to move or they get sick
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 19, 2017
Great work. Keep you busy and on your toes. You will always have something to do. You can always meet nice people and find more jobs if you need them.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Jobs run low
Work
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro alOctober 17, 2017
Love to work dependable honest hard worker can do most anything working for myself is sometimes good to set own hours I like to find a job with guaranteed pay on weekly basic
Pros
Work when want