Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews in United States

Under paid sick employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
Sick employees keep having to come to work due to under manning and make others sick, repeatedly. Also, how are you suppose to learn when managers will not tell you what it takes to get advanced or teach you? Urine on employee toilet seats all the time, and you can always find people sleeping away their shifts in the locker rooms. You also busy your butt for a 4 can't per hour raise and a bonus check, that after taxes, might as well be not worth getting.
Pros
Benefits and free food when you can get a break.
Cons
Hardly get a break, sick employees, under paid, under manned.
casino coconut creek
table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 19, 2015
My work day typically consists of dealing hands to players/customers on a layout of a table, while entertaining guests as they play the hands dealt. I interact with many people daily from different cultures all over. I must be constantly in communication with my floor supervisors for approvals of money transfers large or small between the table rack and cash to the guests. working along side my coworkers help make my day go by with ease as they are so friendly and helpful, always willing to help and teach. the hardest part of my job is there is no benefits and no set schedules and with children can get overwhelming especially when the company is open all year even on the holidays, as i have to work.
Pros
free lunches, friendly colleagues
Cons
no benefits, not set schedules, work on holidays.
Public Space
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FLSeptember 16, 2015
Working here for 3 months i was promised a raised which was only 6 cents We work very hard and most of the supervisors are messed up they act like they care and they dont They are quick to give you points for any little thing If you any problems with your fellow co workers dont ever go to the supervisors go straight to HR They talk about advancement within the company you can not transfer out until your supervisors release you after your 90 days You cant have no more than 5 points on your record in order to advance Drug test is a swab test easy to pass In this company the more people you know the better.
Pros
free lunch a paycheck every wee tution assistance after 6 months if eligible OT avaiable.
Cons
poor management, very little to no raise, disrespectful co workers, very stressful most day one of the lowest paying department, we work the hardest out of all the different employees that do work there
Productive and fun environment
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Very busy high volumed casino, especially The 1st street Deli. Good company when it comes to benefits. Full time and part time hours are available for those, must have flexible scheduled based on Casino's needs.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Hard.
productive,fun,great pay and incentives all the time love the place public space with Tamara calhourn.
public space housekeeping graveyard shift (Current Employee) –  Coconut CreekJuly 23, 2015
Well I would just like to say since,I've been working for the Coconut creek casino since,2013 I enjoy it,and I will retire at 65 .I love the people they are like family you can trust your co-workers. However, Im looking for something during the daytime,but in time they transfer good employees that are dependable and hard working thanks for teaching me rspect,honesty,and kindness thanks so much. I will remember these people always.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, hours, lifestyle is balanced
Cons
healthcare, transfers to daytime hours
Managment
Special Event & Community Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 9, 2015
Great company to work for, great pay/benefits, higher then normal stress rate. Overall great experience and growth potential
Every day is different living the "Casino Life"
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2015
Overall, working at The Hard Rock was great! Definitely a different experience than a lot of more common jobs. Days are unpredictable and exciting. Customers are great and the casino family was well knit and made a strong team to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Anything could happen at anytime and that's what made it most enjoyable to me.
Pros
Free meal, benefits, pay, schedule
Cons
policy
Worst Job Ever!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2016
Typical day at work was long and boring and standing on your feet all night. Learned nothing! Just fog a mirror at the interview an your hired. Manager has very little interaction with, probably do to the very hire turn over rate. Every co-worker I talked to had only been there for a couple weeks. Nothing enjoyable about this job. Pay is very low, medical benefits are very expensive, don't get any sick pay and you don't get any holiday pay.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits, No Holiday Pay, No Sick Pay, Very Low Pay, Smoke filled Environment.
Its an awesome company to work for! They give away a lot to employee's.
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work requires hard work for most employee's but must of the co-workers are very helpful. They help as much as they can. What I learned is that the managers are extremely helpful and so are the co-workers. I learned a lot from them as far as the job description goes. Most of the co-workers are extremely nice. The hardest part of the job is a lot of heavy lifting but other than that the job was really easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for doing a good job. They reward employee's every month from every department as much as possible.
Pros
Awesome healthcare, 41k, life insurance, etc.
Cons
Points for attendance
productive and fun work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2016
I Love what i do currently. it is not my dream job or career but its a fun environment to work in. i love talking to the guest as i seat them to their table. Letting them know about all the different things we have to offer. The management team is great and so are the girls i work with. The only problem i have is dealing with rude customers but i live by the motto "you cant please everyone, no matter how hard you try".

Want to know more about Seminole Gaming?

Ask a question
Gook place to work
Blackjack supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 29, 2015
I loved working with my co-workers. They became my family. The hardest part of my job was trying to please people when they lost their money.
Pros
Free meals and good benefits
Cons
Noisy and smokey
different.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2016
Different in all kinds of sense. certain days are good certains days are the exact opposite but never a dull moment. management is great and always a chance to advance.
Fast paced fun enviroment
Front Desk Representative / Rooms Control (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2016
Meet many people including celebrities. Worked in a very loud and fun environment. Management was friendly and fun to talk to. Easy going, not so strict.
Pros
Free lunch for Employees
Cons
Smoking environment
poor management in slots department
slots (Former Employee) –  tampa,floridaJanuary 15, 2015
Poor management constantly turning people over the upper management gives director 2months of pay and lays him off because he makes to much money. No holiday pay u work all holidays deal with trashy people from Tampa that smell and they think there something because they spend 5$ in a machine and they think there high rollers start off at 10$ unless ur not salary or management u get up to .25 cents raise a year I know it's a joke right?

his company made around 970m last year yet they 6th largest in the world and growing supposedly always a turnover rate in HR
Pros
make friends
Cons
pay. holiday pay poor management
productive inovative and friendly
CSR Customer Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMarch 30, 2016
Walk a zone of machines chosen by supervisors. the average CSR cleans area by picking up trash, pushing in chairs and accommodating the guest that enter the building. if the guest wins a jackpot a CSR retrieves the guest information which includes two forms of ID to process a W2 for the guest.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
If you expect big pay and lungs for your life, dont work here
Security (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 23, 2016
This is the worst place to work. They promise you all these awesome benefits, and the opportunity to move up in the company. But when it comes down to it, they will not let you go because they don't want to do any extra work. If you are qualified for the position and another person is there waiting to get a job, don't expect to get it, because the HR department, and the security department are dumb as bricks and will not hire anyone that is above them scholastic wise. Security is lazy, table games expects you to bow to their needs, and the people who get paid the most don't do a single thing but walk around, push in chairs, and give people jackpots. If you're looking for a place to advance, this is not the place. Don't even get me started on the 5 cent raise they give you after your review after 7 months.
Now on to the area you work in, if you smoke, you should be fine because it is a smoking environment, but if you don't by god expect cancer within the first month of working there. Some days are so Smokey whenever you open the doors to come in a cloud will come out. Not a lot of break moments, you walk on egg shells with everything you do, because by god you make someone upset in upper management once, you get the boot. Even if it's a joke.
Pros
Free Lunch (when they don't get mad when you ask them to cook the food a little longer)
Cons
Smokey enviroment, managment is terrible, no pay, disrespect from other employees
Great starter job
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJuly 24, 2016
I have learned so much for being employed 16 years with the tribe. Straight out of high school. I am grateful for all the things I have accomplished over the years at this company.
Fun Place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2015
ridiculous benefits, co-workers are cool, a few managers are good. too much work for the little pay. Benefits and discounts should be better.
Pros
free lunches, some managers allow you to make time up.
Cons
PTO, no sick days
Too Strict, but overall a good place for starters
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 6, 2015
The management here is way too strict, they will write you up for just about anything. This is also a good place for starters and advancement. There is also a lot of BS, but if you don't pay it no mind then you'll be just fine.
Lost its way,The restaurant needs some new management
asstchef/pastry cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 10, 2012
I learnrd how to make some really good cakes and pastries.Started out making Danish dough and pastries by hand and not using a sheeter.when i left i was on afternoon shift scooping ice cream for guests.Management had changed and did away with the danish prouction overnight.I enjoyes learning from my co - workers.An old chef told me once you never stop learning.I really enjoyed scratch baking espcially the fresh danish we used to make.As i stated Management had changed and the new mngs were mostly abusive which is why i left.Ive never had aproblem working hard and fast and i can take instruction from a mng no problem but i wont be abused.

Donald Amoriello
Pros
good benefits program
Cons
sometime shortstaffed mng didnt care then no breaks