Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Fun environment and friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 10, 2017
While working in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino i've learn how a good healthy environment can push a person to do better , improve and deliver an outstanding results. Working with people from around the work was an amazing experience because it showed me how different people is but attitude motivation can take you anywhere
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working standing still all shift
Just like family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Working for Seminole Gaming was wonderful! During the 13 plus years there my co workers became family. The management were supportive and fair. I learned that even with a corporate company you can have the fun and friendliness you get with the smaller "mom and pop" business.
Pros
Free Lunches, 401k match, Benefits
Cons
Worked most holidays
went for a interview, and tour
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hard Rock, Tampa FLOctober 27, 2016
I went for a interview and tour. The security officer who came and got me, was not inthused about working there. He asked me why I wanted to work there. After meeting with the maneger.

The guy was up nagish and very arrogant. Showed no regard to my questions. And judging from the way the other guards talk to me.

The work environment looks poor and the morale there is very sad..

This is not the place to give your all at. Your just a number..! They are just looking for warm bodies The pay is insulting!..
Pros
NONE!
Great Place to work, Staff is very friendly that's including most managers.
Café Host (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 21, 2016
It is sad to have to leave but the job is roughly an hour and a half to two hours away from my home. that complicates things as I am attending college and need as much time as possible to study and do course assignments. Honestly if It were closer I would be happy working there but I need to move forward if I want to achieve my goals.

The staff is great, food is great, and the people I encounter are friendly for the most part, I really liked working here. I would recommend the Seminole hard rock as a great place to have dinner or work.
Pros
Occasionally free food, Discounted food, Friendly managers and staff.
Cons
Distance
restaurant
security Guard officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 19, 2016
Casino itself was clean with attendants cleaning floors, ashtrays and bathrooms but too much smoke in the air. So so machines I think were outdated. Been to casinos in other states with more up to date machines. Didn't see any winners. All in all fun to spend a few hours if you can control spending. Nice restaurant the sunset grill serves burgers and sandwiches. Self park in garage is convenient to get on and off with elevator to casino so save your money with valet parking.
we have been going there for years and about 3 months ago, they changed and shut down alot of machines, now forget any winning, you lucky to win a 100 bucks and then it takes it all. we used to get hand pays all the time, now nothing,
Productive and less stressful assignments
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 9, 2016
Working at the Hard Rock Casino is a friendly environment to be around. The employees aren't stubborn to say Hello, the guests are even more friendlier than the employees, and whatever help you need there is most likely somebody there around or near you that can help. The hardest part of the job that I have to deal with is when it is busy. Whenever there is a party anywhere in the Casino we get calls left and right, garbage overflowing the garbage cans, spills here and there, and bathrooms being overcrowded. Thats the only time my job becomes difficult because of the busyness. The most enjoyable part of my job would most likely be the opposite of busyness. When it is not to busy and the rest of the day becomes a relaxed day until its time to go home. The Hard Rock Casino is a great place to work and I recommend people work here for the job that fits them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
worst place to work in Tampa
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2017
management is a joke. i want to make it clear im not a disgruntled employee; i quit because i was offered a job at a company that treats me like a human being. upper management to the bottom are a bunch of degenerates.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the whole job is a con
Poor management, easy money
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2016
The turn over is high and HR is not your friend. For every 10 managers you have only 1 of them is worth a lick. I had my job for four years and I was never able to move departments or make any advancement in my career. However the money was easy to make the people I worked with are, for the most part, amazing and the regulars I made there had an impact on my life that will change me forever. I only recommend if you are strong spirited and know that you can handle awful management, unorganized shifts, and some crazy mean customers.
Pros
Free food, easy money
Cons
Benefits sucks, management sucks, make false promises, unorganized, no communication with you or each other
fun place to work
Security Officer / Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 28, 2017
everyday is a new experience and coworkers are a delight to be around; main objective is to give the customers the ultimate experience and a sense of getaway from the everyday rat race.
Strong company with encouraging leaders at the helm
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLDecember 7, 2016
Rewarding, fast paced environment in where you are afforded the opportunity to be heard. My tenure with this company was positive, uplifting and very rewarding.
fun place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Working with this company was great. Very comfortable working environment. Management made it easy to talk to them regardless of the topic and they made it their duty to get involved.
Good work environment...Excellent benefits.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Working for the past 10 years for the Seminole tribe of Florida...Presently seeking part time employment to supplement income..Available from midnight until 2 p.m. daily.
free lunch if you enjoy getting sick everyday
culinary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2016
Favoritism at its best! Does not promote women in the workplace and will not give equal pay. HR will not stand by you. You will be worked to no end and shown no gratitude for all of your hard work.
Fun and exciting place to work
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I don't want to write a review. Free food. Good health benefits. Discounted room rates for family and friends.Friendly staff. Fun nd exciting work environment.
Worst Job Ever!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2016
Typical day at work was long and boring and standing on your feet all night. Learned nothing! Just fog a mirror at the interview an your hired. Manager has very little interaction with, probably do to the very hire turn over rate. Every co-worker I talked to had only been there for a couple weeks. Nothing enjoyable about this job. Pay is very low, medical benefits are very expensive, don't get any sick pay and you don't get any holiday pay.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits, No Holiday Pay, No Sick Pay, Very Low Pay, Smoke filled Environment.
Productive and fun in work place of customer service
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2016
Hard worker, loves to pur my all in working an great team member to my employees. This company would really benefit me by finding an better opportunities at this company.
solid company
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2016
good,fun ,friendly atmosphere where you can create positive quest experience with lasting empressions insuring repeat clients and formining relationships that last for years.
Pros
employee dining and parking
Cons
point system, off-site parking
productive and fun work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2016
I Love what i do currently. it is not my dream job or career but its a fun environment to work in. i love talking to the guest as i seat them to their table. Letting them know about all the different things we have to offer. The management team is great and so are the girls i work with. The only problem i have is dealing with rude customers but i live by the motto "you cant please everyone, no matter how hard you try".
Awesome
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLAugust 17, 2016
It's fast paced, a typical 8 hour shift
Co-workers are very well maintained and have awesome personalities.
Hardest part is definitely the hours, and the drive time with the little pay.
Great starter job
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJuly 24, 2016
I have learned so much for being employed 16 years with the tribe. Straight out of high school. I am grateful for all the things I have accomplished over the years at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.