Seminole Gaming

Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Poor Managemet
Employee (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Most upper Management is unfamiliar with the daily operations of a Casino. Many get hired in because of who they know and not what they know. No structure in my old department, no chain of command, and overall poor management decisions. It isn't the Seminoles fault, they negotiated great pay, good benefits, and tried to provide a great place to work. It is the people that manage and have "pulled the wool" over the Tribe Leaders eyes so to speak that have ruined the place. Micromanagement runs rampant and doing your job often required explanations of why you did what you did even if your decision and course of action was correct by their very own procedures.

Co-workers are the usual, they have people there that enjoy their jobs, willing to work as a team and do what it takes to get the job and day done, and then there are the ones that will stab you in the back when you go off of smoke break. If you are liked and do your job without question and offer no constructive feedback you will succeed there.

Until they offer state wide gambling (if they ever vote it in) I believe they will lose many of their seasoned employees.

Human Resources was more of a circus than what HR is meant to be. Some of the first words out of the HR Directors mouth when we were hired were that "he personally has lost only 1 unemployment benefits case." He would brag about how in their manual there has an all inclusive additive that they could use to terminate anyone they wished and for any reason at all. They have this power because the Tribe is sovereign and the State will not or can not interfere or
  more... overturn even a wrongful termination.  less
Pros
decent benefits, bonuses, a job.
Cons
poor management, and no structure.
Fun work environment & good people
Room Service Server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2013
I start off clocking in around 2:53 pm. I first sign out my card key that opens guest rooms and my radio to keep in contact with order takers and managers. The servers who are working together pick individual side work. Prep individual side work ahead of time during shift for on going side work persistance. Side work consists of cleaning duties, restocking duties, and setup duties. Deliver amenities to guest rooms upon request via Casino Hosts. Amenities include fruit baskets,chocolates,bottles of wine,etc.
Receive orders from order takers and deliver food to guests at the casino with a timely/organized fashion. Some times do the order taking my self when short staffed. Keep positive attitude and smile with guest ensuring a positive impact and return.
Have next shift check out side work and sign in your card key/radio. Finally go home. This job really is a great job low stress level, fun environment, and good people. Just bad location because I am trying to live closer to my family for support on watching my son.
Pros
free lunch, good people, low stress level.
Cons
part time, no schedule stability
Public Space
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FLSeptember 16, 2015
Working here for 3 months i was promised a raised which was only 6 cents We work very hard and most of the supervisors are messed up they act like they care and they dont They are quick to give you points for any little thing If you any problems with your fellow co workers dont ever go to the supervisors go straight to HR They talk about advancement within the company you can not transfer out until your supervisors release you after your 90 days You cant have no more than 5 points on your record in order to advance Drug test is a swab test easy to pass In this company the more people you know the better.
Pros
free lunch a paycheck every wee tution assistance after 6 months if eligible OT avaiable.
Cons
poor management, very little to no raise, disrespectful co workers, very stressful most day one of the lowest paying department, we work the hardest out of all the different employees that do work there
fast pace restaurant and fast past expo conductor
Assured customer service and expo kitchen (Former Employee) –  1st DeliJanuary 2, 2014
My day at work would start as a morning shift as early as 10 a.m. The restaurant opens at 11 am every morning, the store has to be ready and fully set for the opening hour.I have learned that with a simple hello with a genuine smile can really make a persons day when they are having a bad one.Management team was also very helpful when it comes to running foods, customers inconvenience and a comfortable homey work environment.My co-workers were one of the reasons I would love to come to work. We all worked as a team in order for one other to have a breezy day.The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customers who are really a upset customers.The enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation that we were giving every time we did a great job, that's a little something I called.....Delivering The Wow.
Pros
free lunches and rewards on a job well done
Cons
short breaks
Lost its way,The restaurant needs some new management
asstchef/pastry cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 10, 2012
I learnrd how to make some really good cakes and pastries.Started out making Danish dough and pastries by hand and not using a sheeter.when i left i was on afternoon shift scooping ice cream for guests.Management had changed and did away with the danish prouction overnight.I enjoyes learning from my co - workers.An old chef told me once you never stop learning.I really enjoyed scratch baking espcially the fresh danish we used to make.As i stated Management had changed and the new mngs were mostly abusive which is why i left.Ive never had aproblem working hard and fast and i can take instruction from a mng no problem but i wont be abused.

Donald Amoriello
Pros
good benefits program
Cons
sometime shortstaffed mng didnt care then no breaks
casino coconut creek
table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 19, 2015
My work day typically consists of dealing hands to players/customers on a layout of a table, while entertaining guests as they play the hands dealt. I interact with many people daily from different cultures all over. I must be constantly in communication with my floor supervisors for approvals of money transfers large or small between the table rack and cash to the guests. working along side my coworkers help make my day go by with ease as they are so friendly and helpful, always willing to help and teach. the hardest part of my job is there is no benefits and no set schedules and with children can get overwhelming especially when the company is open all year even on the holidays, as i have to work.
Pros
free lunches, friendly colleagues
Cons
no benefits, not set schedules, work on holidays.
fun exciting place to learn and meet different people
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLAugust 11, 2014
my day started off clocking in and letting the shift before me go as my day start Im going to be helping customer with the ATM machine if need or cashing personal check or payroll check what i learned and what made me a better person was my customer service. the management and co worker were great i had a lot of support they were great trainer and we worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was grave shift the department stayed open 24 hours if the night was slow you need to try to keep your self awake. what i enjoyed about the job was I was able to please my customers and earn there trust as a cashier.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
breaks, great insurance
People are Awesome. Upper Management awful.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2012
My co-workers were the best, always had a great time. Eating lunch together and everything. When I was in my severe car accident (was at a stand still and some kid hit me going 70mph) I was told a half a inch and my seatbelt saved my life. The casino didn't care, they were too busy about making money. I was just a number, not a human being. Everyone I worked with were all worried about me and everything, but the upper management would not excuse my absence from work when I was in the Trauma center at TGH. I had 13 stitches in my head, plus my uniform cut off of me, and can't remember anything from the accident. My first car became a toy car it was that small.
Pros
free lunch, many breaks
Cons
everything
24/7 operation
Casino worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, floridaFebruary 18, 2013
the Seminole Hard Rock is a very busy place to work. It is not for someone who does not want to put forth the energy and attitude to be in this hospitality business. Customer service is always number one and the job is to provide excellent customer service. while this seems easy you will deal with many guests who are not happy.
You either like the casino environment or you won't. For those of you who do it is a very exciting place to work as well as a very rewarding place. As there are many team members that work there you can definitely find a department that you will enjoy and that you can make friends in.
Pros
benefits, meals, steady hours in most departments
Cons
you will work evenings, weekends and holidays. the attendance policy is a bit strict as well
poor management in slots department
slots (Former Employee) –  tampa,floridaJanuary 15, 2015
Poor management constantly turning people over the upper management gives director 2months of pay and lays him off because he makes to much money. No holiday pay u work all holidays deal with trashy people from Tampa that smell and they think there something because they spend 5$ in a machine and they think there high rollers start off at 10$ unless ur not salary or management u get up to .25 cents raise a year I know it's a joke right?

his company made around 970m last year yet they 6th largest in the world and growing supposedly always a turnover rate in HR
Pros
make friends
Cons
pay. holiday pay poor management
Was a Job to do.
Dealer-Supervisor at Table Games (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 6, 2012
I was hired as a Dual- Rate employee and I was grateful for the position ofered.My typical day at work could be either as a Dealer or Table Games Supervisor,greet my customers always and perform my duties with great responsability amd proffesionalism.A lot of employees worked in the Casino and I was limited to my co-workers in my shift,I have to say that most of them where cooperative and Team Players,but there was room for improvemet.Never had difficult parts in my job for one reason,I knew most of the Players and threat them with great respect and consideration as valued customers,an easy equation.The part I enjoyed most on my job,was intreacting with different people.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
management was poor.
productive,fun,great pay and incentives all the time love the place public space with Tamara calhourn.
public space housekeeping graveyard shift (Current Employee) –  Coconut CreekJuly 23, 2015
Well I would just like to say since,I've been working for the Coconut creek casino since,2013 I enjoy it,and I will retire at 65 .I love the people they are like family you can trust your co-workers. However, Im looking for something during the daytime,but in time they transfer good employees that are dependable and hard working thanks for teaching me rspect,honesty,and kindness thanks so much. I will remember these people always.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, hours, lifestyle is balanced
Cons
healthcare, transfers to daytime hours
Not a bad place, just a few bad apples.
Security/Emergency Response Technician (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for the senior management at the casino. I had a good job, with the only drawbacks being that I didn't get to apply all my skills working there. They did, however, work around my school schedule and requirements up until recently.
I particularly liked the people that I worked with. Despite the fact it is a business where you regularly take people's money for the "house", these are some good people.
There are a few supervisors, however, that would benefit from some leadership classes.
Pros
free meals, good people, good benefits for fulltime employees.
Cons
bad supervisors, no job satisfaction, sometimes very very boring just walking around the floor.
Overworked, underpaid, you become a number
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FloridaFebruary 26, 2012
Don't expect to receive fair market value for your work here. You are a number - and that's all. No training, no employee appreciation, and poor management. HR department doesn't believe in confidentiality. Upper management does not communicate to lower employees. Very few employee moral boosters. Get used to working major holidays with no holiday pay. Since it's a Tribal entity, there are no holidays. Vacation is a joke. They don't value their long-term employees, and keep taking benefits away from the employees. They cry poor-mouth, but in reality, they are making millions upon millions every month.
Cons
poor pay, poor benefits, no value in long term employees
Fun environment with some very nice beenfits
Internet Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2013
Currently going through a phase where departments are becoming less "siloed" and the communication and direction from up the ladder is severely lacking. An issue that will no doubt clear up, but can be frustrating at times. Work hours are as expected for each position and for every shift worked, a free meal is provided. Most of the people working there are a pleasure to work with and try to make it as fun as possible. It can be very exciting at times with concerts and jackpot winners and those always add a charge to the atmosphere.
Pros
free meal with each shift worked
Cons
very little direction from the top
Very entertaining place to work. Fun experience.
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2013
Work was always fun. I made many friends, and we all worked together as a team. Sometimes work was stressful due to the immense about of responsibility we all had on our plates, but overall we all worked best under pressure. Supervisors were always there when necessary. The hours were decent. The hardest part was that the supervisor didn't like to work with your school schedule.
Pros
free lunch, you could pick up work anytime for extra hours, pay was great, high volume place so it always kept you busy.
Cons
no job security, unstable pay rate
Fast paced work environment
Cocktail Server/Banquet Staff/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJune 11, 2014
A typical day at the casino in Immokalee is always interesting, you meet and greet new people everyday. Learn to work with many employees on the floor that help you or the guest make sure that their guest experience is positive and exciting. The most challenging thing about being a cocktail server in this fast paced environment is making sure the guest are happy and reassuring they are having a good experience while their time is spent there. One thing I would have to say is the management needs some help, not just in F&B ,but in all the departments
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management
Good working conditions, great team.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 16, 2015
Hollywood Classic is a break-in casino, and with that comes all the challenges of such a unit. New dealers arrive on average every 4-6 months even quicker sometimes. However this is the best part of my job I get to both teach and give them the benefit of over 40 years in the business, a business I should add that I have enjoyed from day one. Pros & Cons, as I am a Manager my perception of Ps & Cs is different than that a dealer, but wherever you are you learn to balance these.
Pleasant, fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 28, 2014
I got along with all of my co workers. We have all built a good friendship. There is always music playing at, everyone around is always singing, having a good time. At this job I learned how to manage my time because there is a lot side work that needs to be done before the end of each shift and a lot to do during work hours. Since there was always something to do, time usually goes by relatively fast. The hardest part of the job is dealing with guests under the influence. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a fixed schedule and everyone getting along.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Used to be a fun place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood Hardr RockFebruary 2, 2013
I worked the Casino for many years and loved it. When I first started it was a wonderful place to work and make friends. The Tribal persons are wonderful and very big hearted people. Then the tribe hired a big corporation to come in and run day to day operations. You as a worker became "just a number" and the friendly atmosphere died. Now it's political and very little job security if any.

The corporate personal are out for whatever they can get.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management needs someone to police it, the tribal members are great but the corporate management needs to be terminated.