Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Beverage Server
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2017
If you are looking to make decent money at an easy serving job this is the place! If you want to be miserable all the time and hate going to work, apply! The management is absolutely terrible, they are inflexible, and will write you up for every single thing. The casino has a rolling point system. You can only have 7.5 points at a time in a rolling year or you will be fired.
Late? 1/2 point
Cant come in cause you are sick even with a doctors note? 1 point
Cant come in on a holiday? 2 points

No benefits for part time. Cannot work overtime hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Management, Strict Time Off Requests, Point System, Not Flexible, Does not value employees and sees them as replaceable
Okay place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2017
They work you to death take your breaks away and management is about being buddies and have a lot of favoritism . There are so many things that need updated. It's a seniority based job you start on overnight grave shift and have to bid on a shift u want but since it's seniority others lIke to more about a lot so plan on being stuck on grave for months.
Pros
Free lunches and shared tips
Cons
Breaks suck. And food stucks.
Exciting place to work, coworkers are awesome.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLApril 9, 2017
I have always considered this place to be my second home. I started here when I was 19 years old and am still currently working here. I have been here for the majority of my adult life. This is an exciting place to work with excellent benefits. You get to meet a lot of great and interesting people both guests and coworkers.
It's a fun environment to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMarch 4, 2017
It is a great place to work, good pay and room for advancement. The Seminole company is very strict about their policies. no room for excuse absents, days off, or sick days off if you are not over a year working there. the will make you resign for any medical issues, but overall the benefits and everything else is great.
Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Good company to work for. Great co workers. They are at the forefront of gaming in United States. They offer competitive salaries in the gaming industry.
Pros
Good ambience
Cons
Average Health Care program
Good benefits and fun atmosphere
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Seminole Gaming is a great place to work, with a great future ahead. It a 24hr operation so work life balance sometimes can be non existent but overall its a great place to work in.
Fun environment and friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 10, 2017
While working in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino i've learn how a good healthy environment can push a person to do better , improve and deliver an outstanding results. Working with people from around the work was an amazing experience because it showed me how different people is but attitude motivation can take you anywhere
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working standing still all shift
worst place to work in Tampa
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2017
management is a joke. i want to make it clear im not a disgruntled employee; i quit because i was offered a job at a company that treats me like a human being. upper management to the bottom are a bunch of degenerates.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the whole job is a con
fun place to work
Security Officer / Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 28, 2017
everyday is a new experience and coworkers are a delight to be around; main objective is to give the customers the ultimate experience and a sense of getaway from the everyday rat race.
fun place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Working with this company was great. Very comfortable working environment. Management made it easy to talk to them regardless of the topic and they made it their duty to get involved.

Want to know more about Seminole Gaming?

Ask a question
Just like family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Working for Seminole Gaming was wonderful! During the 13 plus years there my co workers became family. The management were supportive and fair. I learned that even with a corporate company you can have the fun and friendliness you get with the smaller "mom and pop" business.
Pros
Free Lunches, 401k match, Benefits
Cons
Worked most holidays
Fun and exciting place to work
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I don't want to write a review. Free food. Good health benefits. Discounted room rates for family and friends.Friendly staff. Fun nd exciting work environment.
Good work environment...Excellent benefits.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Working for the past 10 years for the Seminole tribe of Florida...Presently seeking part time employment to supplement income..Available from midnight until 2 p.m. daily.
Productive and less stressful assignments
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 9, 2016
Working at the Hard Rock Casino is a friendly environment to be around. The employees aren't stubborn to say Hello, the guests are even more friendlier than the employees, and whatever help you need there is most likely somebody there around or near you that can help. The hardest part of the job that I have to deal with is when it is busy. Whenever there is a party anywhere in the Casino we get calls left and right, garbage overflowing the garbage cans, spills here and there, and bathrooms being overcrowded. Thats the only time my job becomes difficult because of the busyness. The most enjoyable part of my job would most likely be the opposite of busyness. When it is not to busy and the rest of the day becomes a relaxed day until its time to go home. The Hard Rock Casino is a great place to work and I recommend people work here for the job that fits them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Strong company with encouraging leaders at the helm
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLDecember 7, 2016
Rewarding, fast paced environment in where you are afforded the opportunity to be heard. My tenure with this company was positive, uplifting and very rewarding.
free lunch if you enjoy getting sick everyday
culinary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2016
Favoritism at its best! Does not promote women in the workplace and will not give equal pay. HR will not stand by you. You will be worked to no end and shown no gratitude for all of your hard work.
went for a interview, and tour
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hard Rock, Tampa FLOctober 27, 2016
I went for a interview and tour. The security officer who came and got me, was not inthused about working there. He asked me why I wanted to work there. After meeting with the maneger.

The guy was up nagish and very arrogant. Showed no regard to my questions. And judging from the way the other guards talk to me.

The work environment looks poor and the morale there is very sad..

This is not the place to give your all at. Your just a number..! They are just looking for warm bodies The pay is insulting!..
Pros
None!
Great Place to work, Staff is very friendly that's including most managers.
Café Host (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 21, 2016
It is sad to have to leave but the job is roughly an hour and a half to two hours away from my home. that complicates things as I am attending college and need as much time as possible to study and do course assignments. Honestly if It were closer I would be happy working there but I need to move forward if I want to achieve my goals.

The staff is great, food is great, and the people I encounter are friendly for the most part, I really liked working here. I would recommend the Seminole hard rock as a great place to have dinner or work.
Pros
Occasionally free food, Discounted food, Friendly managers and staff.
Cons
Distance
restaurant
security Guard officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 19, 2016
Casino itself was clean with attendants cleaning floors, ashtrays and bathrooms but too much smoke in the air. So so machines I think were outdated. Been to casinos in other states with more up to date machines. Didn't see any winners. All in all fun to spend a few hours if you can control spending. Nice restaurant the sunset grill serves burgers and sandwiches. Self park in garage is convenient to get on and off with elevator to casino so save your money with valet parking.
we have been going there for years and about 3 months ago, they changed and shut down alot of machines, now forget any winning, you lucky to win a 100 bucks and then it takes it all. we used to get hand pays all the time, now nothing,
Productive and fun in work place of customer service
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2016
Hard worker, loves to pur my all in working an great team member to my employees. This company would really benefit me by finding an better opportunities at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.