Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Productive but unorganized
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Employees that I work with were lazy and I was the one doing all the work while with child. Managers were notified but nothing changed.
sometimes fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 26, 2015
fun and enjoyable place to work
i work outside in the weather rain sunshine cold strong breeze
i did valet fun driving luxury cars
good fun people
exciting place to be
Walking on eggshells
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 20, 2015
The department wasn't very friendly. There were a lot of people that were there just to collect a check that they didn't work for.
casino coconut creek
table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 19, 2015
My work day typically consists of dealing hands to players/customers on a layout of a table, while entertaining guests as they play the hands dealt. I interact with many people daily from different cultures all over. I must be constantly in communication with my floor supervisors for approvals of money transfers large or small between the table rack and cash to the guests. working along side my coworkers help make my day go by with ease as they are so friendly and helpful, always willing to help and teach. the hardest part of my job is there is no benefits and no set schedules and with children can get overwhelming especially when the company is open all year even on the holidays, as i have to work.
Pros
free lunches, friendly colleagues
Cons
no benefits, not set schedules, work on holidays.
Managment
Special Event & Community Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 9, 2015
Great company to work for, great pay/benefits, higher then normal stress rate. Overall great experience and growth potential
Too Strict, but overall a good place for starters
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 6, 2015
The management here is way too strict, they will write you up for just about anything. This is also a good place for starters and advancement. There is also a lot of BS, but if you don't pay it no mind then you'll be just fine.
the worst place to work
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLOctober 31, 2015
everyone is only there to collect a paycheck,especially in the table games dept. Bad management and HR. There is alot of BS that goes on there.
Pros
free fatfood
Cons
management
Good people
Entertainment Technician (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 17, 2015
Ok place to work. I learned a lot, one of the big downsides is being stuck in second hand smoke all day. If you can get around that then it is a decent place.
i enjoyed my time there
cashier/paymaster (Former Employee) –  hoolywood flaOctober 1, 2015
I have learned many things working for Seminole tribe I had many good times at work .the hardest part was the casino was a large area we had to park of the property and get bused in for work
Pros
we had free food
Cons
alot of walking to get to one place to another
Public Space
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FLSeptember 16, 2015
Working here for 3 months i was promised a raised which was only 6 cents We work very hard and most of the supervisors are messed up they act like they care and they dont They are quick to give you points for any little thing If you any problems with your fellow co workers dont ever go to the supervisors go straight to HR They talk about advancement within the company you can not transfer out until your supervisors release you after your 90 days You cant have no more than 5 points on your record in order to advance Drug test is a swab test easy to pass In this company the more people you know the better.
Pros
free lunch a paycheck every wee tution assistance after 6 months if eligible OT avaiable.
Cons
poor management, very little to no raise, disrespectful co workers, very stressful most day one of the lowest paying department, we work the hardest out of all the different employees that do work there
hard rock
Executive Concierge (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Good work environment, easy fun work task, multiple jobs under one roof so that makes it easy to experience multi jobs for one great company.
Gook place to work
Blackjack supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 29, 2015
I loved working with my co-workers. They became my family. The hardest part of my job was trying to please people when they lost their money.
Pros
Free meals and good benefits
Cons
Noisy and smokey
Little Fish in a Big Pond
Retail Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 19, 2015
Although job security is there, there is little room for advancement or development. Definite favoritism towards men in leadership roles as well. Very little involvement in operations from Senior Management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low Pay
Every day is different living the "Casino Life"
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2015
Overall, working at The Hard Rock was great! Definitely a different experience than a lot of more common jobs. Days are unpredictable and exciting. Customers are great and the casino family was well knit and made a strong team to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Anything could happen at anytime and that's what made it most enjoyable to me.
Pros
Free meal, benefits, pay, schedule
Cons
policy
productive,fun,great pay and incentives all the time love the place public space with Tamara calhourn.
public space housekeeping graveyard shift (Current Employee) –  Coconut CreekJuly 23, 2015
Well I would just like to say since,I've been working for the Coconut creek casino since,2013 I enjoy it,and I will retire at 65 .I love the people they are like family you can trust your co-workers. However, Im looking for something during the daytime,but in time they transfer good employees that are dependable and hard working thanks for teaching me rspect,honesty,and kindness thanks so much. I will remember these people always.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, hours, lifestyle is balanced
Cons
healthcare, transfers to daytime hours
Good place to work,
Emergency Responde Technician (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FloridaJuly 15, 2015
Its a good company you have the chance to move up and work in many different departments and do a lot of different things. co- workers are friendly and will help you if you need anything or have questions. The only con of the job was the rude customers.
Fun Place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2015
ridiculous benefits, co-workers are cool, a few managers are good. too much work for the little pay. Benefits and discounts should be better.
Pros
free lunches, some managers allow you to make time up.
Cons
PTO, no sick days
Good working conditions, great team.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 16, 2015
Hollywood Classic is a break-in casino, and with that comes all the challenges of such a unit. New dealers arrive on average every 4-6 months even quicker sometimes. However this is the best part of my job I get to both teach and give them the benefit of over 40 years in the business, a business I should add that I have enjoyed from day one. Pros & Cons, as I am a Manager my perception of Ps & Cs is different than that a dealer, but wherever you are you learn to balance these.
n/a
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJune 13, 2015
Well due to the nature of my which is secuirty I am not allowed to discuss much about my typical day, there isnt much of anything hard in my area, co workers are great. The thing i enjoy the most about my job is being at work and enjoyikng my job and who I work with its over all a great company to work for.
Great place to work.
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 13, 2015
If you want to make fast, easy money.. It's to be done here. You get regulars fast here. You can't really get promoted but you can easily go to school while working here. Scheduling is very flexible. Just stay off the managers radar and you will be fine. Best job I ever had.
Pros
$$, schedules
Cons
Management, smoke in casino, uniform