Seminole Gaming

Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Benefits are great
Supervisor Food & Beverage (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No work/life balance
Although the benefits are great, it is very difficult to have any sort of work/life balance. Consistency in standards across the board is lacking.
This is ia great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 2, 2015
I've learned a lot from working here. This is a team oriented company that pushes to grow and advance within the company. I take pride in the company I work for and recommend goal oriented individuals to apply.
Fun/Happy work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLMarch 9, 2015
I have to say I go to work happy everyday, this is a great company to work for. They stand by what they say, and take care of the employees.
Poor Managemet
Employee (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, bonuses, a job.
Cons: poor management, and no structure.
Most upper Management is unfamiliar with the daily operations of a Casino. Many get hired in because of who they know and not what they know. No structure in my old department, no chain of command, and overall poor management decisions. It isn't the Seminoles fault, they negotiated great pay, good benefits, and tried to provide a great place to work. It is the people that manage and have "pulled the wool" over the Tribe Leaders eyes so to speak that have ruined the place. Micromanagement runs rampant and doing your job often required explanations of why you did what you did even if your decision and course of action was correct by their very own procedures.

Co-workers are the usual, they have people there that enjoy their jobs, willing to work as a team and do what it takes to get the job and day done, and then there are the ones that will stab you in the back when you go off of smoke break. If you are liked and do your job without question and offer no constructive feedback you will succeed there.

Until they offer state wide gambling (if they ever vote it in) I believe they will lose many of their seasoned employees.

Human Resources was more of a circus than what HR is meant to be. Some of the first words out of the HR Directors mouth when we were hired were that "he personally has lost only 1 unemployment benefits case." He would brag about how in their manual there has an all inclusive additive that they could use to terminate anyone they wished and for any reason at all. They have this power because the Tribe is sovereign and the State will not or can not interfere or overturn even a wrongful termination.
stressfull
waitress (Current Employee), okeechobee, flFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: the people you meet and work with
Cons: constant bs no consistancy
They will work you to death there. They are flexible when it is convenient for them. Upper management is absolutely rediculous no structure there. A lot of drama. Constant changing in and out you never know what is really going on half the time. If you plan to work out there plan to never have a life, be underpaid, unappreciated, and constantly stressed out.
Productive and fun
Compliance Clerk (Current Employee), HollywoodFebruary 11, 2015
A typical work day includes and not limited Maintaining a statistical Global Count of all Currency Transactions Report.
Analyze, review and request all winnings daily winning over a set threshold.
Verify and submit monies to the IRS through the Bank Secrecy Act website.
Coordinate and keep a record of all sensitive keys used to empty money boxes.
Report suspicious activities to the IRS including and not limited to money laundering.
poor management in slots department
slots (Former Employee), tampa,floridaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: make friends
Cons: pay. holiday pay poor management
Poor management constantly turning people over the upper management gives director 2months of pay and lays him off because he makes to much money. No holiday pay u work all holidays deal with trashy people from Tampa that smell and they think there something because they spend 5$ in a machine and they think there high rollers start off at 10$ unless ur not salary or management u get up to .25 cents raise a year I know it's a joke right?

his company made around 970m last year yet they 6th largest in the world and growing supposedly always a turnover rate in HR
A very fun and active company to work for
Hotel Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLDecember 3, 2014
This Hotel & Casino provides the upmost customer service to all external and internal customers. We provide check in and check out procedures and we make sure all customers return to our property with memorable experience.
good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale Beach, FLNovember 13, 2014
its a good comany to work with good jod its a good comany to work with good jod
Amazing workplace!
Promotions & Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
This is one of the best properties I have ever worked for. Management was awesome and very supportive. The company cared a lot about their employees and that is a big plus when looking for jobs.
productive fun work place with numerous table games
Cocktail waitress (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLOctober 8, 2014
Serve drinks and refreshments throughout my shift. enteracted with customers from all over the world. worked banquet events for golf turoments and weddings.
Great company to work for.
F&B Administrative Coordinator, Trainer & MOD (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 25, 2014
This was a place that I worked that I will never forget. The friends made here and the ability to succeed is endless. The Seminole Tribe really does a great job here.
Great place to work, unbelievable business levels, continiuos growth.
Director of Facilities (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2014
Pros: the basics, uniforms, meals, good benefits & has never has a layoff since it opened.
Dedicated management team, AAA-$ Diamond Property, now considered the 6th largest casino in the world.
fun exciting place to learn and meet different people
Count Team Member (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: breaks, great insurance
my day started off clocking in and letting the shift before me go as my day start Im going to be helping customer with the ATM machine if need or cashing personal check or payroll check what i learned and what made me a better person was my customer service. the management and co worker were great i had a lot of support they were great trainer and we worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was grave shift the department stayed open 24 hours if the night was slow you need to try to keep your self awake. what i enjoyed about the job was I was able to please my customers and earn there trust as a cashier.
Exciting place to work
Chef (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours & short staffed
new changes everyday
great co-workers to work with
hardest part of the job was finding good talented employees
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to create new menu items.
Fun Environment
Executive Asst to the VP of Ops & Food & Beverage (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: bad management
DOR, menus, guest correspondence, maintain multiple executive calendars, assist in administrative duties for over 30 managers and directors
Fast paced work environment
Cocktail Server/Banquet Staff/Bartender (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor management
A typical day at the casino in Immokalee is always interesting, you meet and greet new people everyday. Learn to work with many employees on the floor that help you or the guest make sure that their guest experience is positive and exciting. The most challenging thing about being a cocktail server in this fast paced environment is making sure the guest are happy and reassuring they are having a good experience while their time is spent there. One thing I would have to say is the management needs some help, not just in F&B ,but in all the departments
fun place to work poor management
Experienced Customer Service rep/ Team leader (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great employees
Cons: parking, smoke
I was a tipped employee the salary was low tips were great management there is a joke
Fun Place to work
Players Club Representative (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great intertainment, fun atmosphere
Cons: fluctuating hours, no job security
Working at the Casino was a good experience. I enjoyed reporting to work it was like going to a party daily. We were provided meals daily. The coworkers worked well together to accomplish a productive day. Trainers took pride in teaching new comers.
High/Low
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tampa, FlApril 24, 2014
Pros: two paid 30 minute breaks
Cons: smoke filled enviroment
High turnover/low growth potential. Lack of consistency between shifts and lack of communications between supervisors and managers with respect to how to operate the shift.

1 2 3

About Seminole Gaming

The Seminole Tribe has long been recognized for innovation in its gaming and other businesses. It opened the first high-stakes – Read more

Seminole Gaming Salaries

$24.00 per hour

Seminole Gaming Photos

Seminole Gaming Mission Statement
Seminole Gaming
I celebrated 8 years of my life here.