Seminole State College of Florida Employee Reviews

N/a
Financial Aid Lead Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 21, 2017
They could do better in Putting the right people at the right place. Sometimes management favors people just because they are friends and the full time employees act like managers.
Great place to work .
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work very challenging. They throw great parties and we have a lot of fun , but when it is work time we bust our butts to get the job/s done.
Benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch
It was the most wonderful, amazing, and fun place to work.
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 11, 2017
I had a great experience and amazing support group. My mentor for the first semester believed in me and gave great advise. Overall, I enjoy it.

Prof. I
Pros
great environment
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun workplace
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 24, 2017
A typical workday consisted of answering the phone for the dean of the college and helping students and professors. I learned time management and how to talk to people. The workplace was laid back and fun.
great school
President, Student Government Association (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 6, 2017
great school.
you get what you put in so take the time to get involved and you will make some great memories. making new friends is always a plus too.
Ehhh
Enrollment Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Some staff were friendly. Others were not. Some supervisors worked with you while others didn't. Wouldn't really recommend it
Fun place to work
Math/Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Reviewed and summarized instructional support for students individually or in small groups.
valuated and trained individuals to offer students constructive feedback on their work.
Flexible
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day in the office is welcoming students, doing spreadsheets, and taking phone messages. I gained experience on working in a office setting. I enjoyed working with the my fellow students and helping them in giving more information about student life. The hardest part of the job is when the room is empty mainly because I am a people person. I enjoy when the room is full and busy.
Pros
People
Cons
involvement
Diverse, great benefits, enhacement oppertunity, values and encourages self development. Pays for further education
Member (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 13, 2015
Learned a lot
Vice President of the Muslim Student Association (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Everyday that we had a meeting with our members, or co-workers, it was wonderful and lots of fun. I was able to polish my communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. I communicated and worked with all sorts of races and that taught me more about diversity and introduced me to all sorts of cultures, languages, and even religion.
Educational environment with educational opportunities
Campus Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLNovember 10, 2014
A typical day consists of end user support while coordinating PC and image deployment, provisioning network user account, and print management. Some of what I learned on the job is using SCCM and to be self-reliant. My coworkers are some of the best people I know. The hardest part of the job is learning to be an expert in all technologies. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I do helps our clients be most successful.
Good place to work in college
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT/OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 4, 2014
I worked the computer lab while at Seminole State in the Academic Success Center. I loved the atmosphere there. Really relaxed. Sometimes an occasional student would come in stressed but that's normal. For the most part, we didn't have any problems with the students. If you didn't have any work to do, you could either go on your computer and mess around or do your homework which is what most of the employees did since almost all of them were students also.

There were no raises available or benefits. The only way you could get fired from working there is if your grades dropped if you were a student. Since there weren't many jobs to have there, there weren't a lot of opportunities to grow.

The manager that ran our center was a little uptight. She stressed out about little things and was sometimes rude to students. She didn't keep the ASC clean, it looked very cluttered. She also had no problems raising her voice at her employees in front of students if they did something wrong.

My coworkers were all nice for the most part. Most of them ended up being my friends. We all worked together and helped each other out.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, good working conditions, fun place in general
Cons
Uptight supervisor, occasional hard to deal with students
Seminole State College
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Very good environment
you learn to multitask
my coworkers are great
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short hours
Office Assistant
Student Director - Student Engagement Team (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 19, 2014
I have had the opportunity to plan many events in this position. This involves call vendors, setting up appointments, working on a budget, set up, and break down of an event. I have coordinated events such as housing fairs, career fairs, health and wellness events, and more. These events help get the students at Seminole State College of Florida more interactive on campus.
Lack of care and concern for employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLFebruary 17, 2014
I would never work for this company again based on the fact that the employees are mistreated by management
Cons
short breaks, No compensations
Nice
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 31, 2014
Good place to work if you you can get in full-time, par timers get no benefits.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no perks for part time
An enriching and challenging workplace
Fine Arts Gallery Curator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 25, 2014
I've strengthened existing, and acquired new skills in fine arts management; collections, purchasing, budgeting, curating, installing, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do what I enjoy. The hardest part of the job is being part-time.
Productive and fun workplace
Enrollment Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Seminole State College of Florida. It gave me the experience and skills necessary to achieve my passion of helping people.
I enjoy working as a nursing professor, very supportive environment.
Adjunct Nursing Professor (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 21, 2013
The day depends on what I am doing for that particular day. Preparation for the week's clinical at the acute care facility. Lesson building, course management, etc. My co-workers are great to work with, collaborative work environment, very supportive. The hardest part of the job, is probably when a student is not doing well, even after developing a plan of action to help overcome any learning difficulties they are experiencing. The most enjoyable is seeing the success of the students and their enthusiasm to gain knowledge.
Pros
The work environment, people, etc.
Cons
Can not think of any
I enjoy working in an academia environment and helping people better themselves.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 20, 2013
At Seminole State, I design artwork to illustrate subject matter and support the development of College publications, marketing materials, website, and other multimedia assignments. Design and produce College marketing publications including student and college materials, newsletters, filers, brochures, billboards and advertisements. Support the graphic design of the College website as a marketing, communications and interactive tool.
Pros
Great benefits, great environment
Cons
Long days during the summer