Seminole Tribe of Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Very good place to work
High School Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 15, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Regular hours with excellent pay; Able to interact with wonderful students, and potential students. The staff was great and upper management was helpful and easy to talk to at the time employed there.
Pros
Wonderful work environment
Cons
Hated the sales portion
Overall a great place to work.
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 27, 2016
The organization has a good management structure and is sensitive to employees' needs. The pay is competitive and benefits are very good. Good work/life balance.
Pros
Extra paid days off
Cons
Very Political
environment
Gaming Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 21, 2016
good environment to work.....good coworkers...not a really good management team, management team is unprofessional. I enjoyed working with my team.
Don't waste your time
videographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Awful company to work for in the video production field. Low salary and three are no raises. Negotiate your starting salary, because that's it. Management has no clue what they are doing.
Benefits
Cons
there are too many cons.
great benefits/salary
Intervention Specialist/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 12, 2015
great benefits
great salaries
could be an enjoyable place to work
Great opportunity to advocate for children
great resources to meet needs in the Seminole culture.
not very friendly to non-Seminole
Pros
great benefits/salary
Cons
high turnover rate
very demanding.
Assistant Manager Smoke Shop Management Tampa (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 3, 2015
Its a tough job always on your feet no breaks. Sometimes you will work 10 hours with out any break at all. never a lunch break
Pros
free meals very good healthcare
Cons
no breaks long hours no life
wonderful experience, great people!
Assistant Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Great place to work. IT folks were talented and delightful to work with.
Tribal members were very appreciative of hard work and dedication of all of the non-tribal member employees.
The hardest part of the job was navigating the political minefields.
The best part of the job was contributing to the ever improving technology usage at both the Government level and the Gaming level.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
political work environment
management needs more training
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 15, 2015
I enjoyed my job and learned a lot from several people, some co- workers were nice and very helpful they also made me feel welcomed. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the way my manager communicated with me ( there was no communication) and the way they laid me off was uncalled for and was not done in a professional manor
Pros
free snacks
Cons
wasn't allowed to speak to the receptionist
Great company to work for
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Clewiston, FLJuly 21, 2015
A happy, helpful work enviroment. Love the colleuges that I work with and the atmosphere at the Sminole Tribe of Florida.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
long drive to work
General Review
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood FloridaJune 16, 2015
Good place to work for. Little space for advancement. Solid organization with established job positions. If you do not come with good credentials, don't expect to get promoted at once.
Only to get entry level expeirence
IT System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 5, 2015
A typical 9-5 day in which we assist users with problems in their computer. Basically if you are entry level person and looking to get your foot in the door to gain expreirience then go for it. but just be quiet and dont expect to be helped and learn new stuff from anyone unless they like you. co-workers and managment work together to pick out favrorites in the job and give them better task and training and overtime. and if you are not in that group they will try to find ways to make you quit or get fired. the most hardest part of the job is pleasing the tribal members and management. the most enjoyble part is getting paid weekly, enjoying paid holidays and going home. fyi this is not a job where you can have close coworkers you can confide on with issues you are having at work and outside work they will stab in the back before you know it. no one is your friend there.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
favoritism, instilling to fear tribal members. high turnover
A very interesting workplace with sovereign immunity business advantages
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Hollywood FloridaMay 7, 2015
Every day presented great opportunities and different challenges. By creating a new category of business for the company, we had to operate as a start up within the company. Along with the new electronic cigarette business I created, we also had other products that were looking for distribution i.e. Hard Rock Energy Drink, Seminole Orange Juice. We won every critics choice award and the eCigar we created is still the best in the industry.
Pros
Private Jet
Cons
Delayed Payments
Good place to work, good benefits.
Director of Nursing/ARNP (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLApril 23, 2015
Work schedule is 8-5. Make sure all the clinics have provider coverage, review schedule and take sick calls. Make sure no clinic is short any nurses for the day that require coverage. See patient myself if ARNP coverage is needed at one of the clinics.
This job is not good for bilingual people. Big time Discrimination at the seminole tribe (Hollywood)
Homemaker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 22, 2015
Poor management. Doesn't resolve any problems. Supervisor is not professional. You are not allow to speak spanish in the clients house nor at the work place. Co-workers are all about drama drama drama. Please avoid! you will regret it! 5 people fire because of supervisor! she is nasty and sneaky! ALSO, supervisor and Manager are BEST FRIENDS..so no matter what negative comments you have to say about the supervisor, the manager will have her back!
Pros
Lunch break is an hour long.
Cons
you have to help clean the senior center, cook meals, CARWASH!!!
Good Company
Insurance Claims Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 7, 2015
Great company. Great people to work with. I came in as temp and worked my was up to an AR clerk. Decent pay and benefits after a probationary period.
Pros
Stable work environment.
Good place to work.
Gaming Commission Officer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 20, 2015
Seminole Tribe of Florida was an excellent employer. If I still lived in Florida (and close to one of their casinos), it would be both an honor and a privilege to work for them again.
Seminole Tribe of Florida-Great Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 11, 2015
I worked here on a temp assignment and wish i could go back. I loved working with the realty officers in Hollywood and hope to return in the future. Only time will tell.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short assignment
Could be better!!
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FloridaMarch 2, 2015
Technology cover the company; however, many employees continue working in an old way.This affect the productivity and green nature of the company.
Unique Opportunity
EA/PA to the Chairman of the Tribe (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Unique design to support the upper level of the tribal leaders in their efforts to better the tribal members as a whole. No two days were ever the same.
Pros
huge learning environment
Cons
one sided experience no personal life outside of work
Awesome company
Employment History Cashier (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLFebruary 18, 2015
A great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers. I've learned to work hard and be polite.