Seminole Tribe of Florida

Seminole Tribe of Florida Employer Reviews

fun exciting place to learn and meet different people
Administraive Assistant (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLAugust 11, 2014
greeted anybody that came to the office or called stared my day reviewing appointments and meeting what i learn was i worked for a great company and learned some of the culture management and coworker were great the hardest part of the job was moving to a new location the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of the committees event
Productive Enviroment
Gaming Commission Officer (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: smoking working place
Working for Seminole Tribe of Florida is a learning experience. Everyday that pass by is something new to learn. Like any other companies there ups and down but as team we work together. It has great benefit but not a great pay. Love what I do but no job advancement.
Horrible-Racist Company
Finance (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: see above
There is no room for advancement. Tribal members belittle you and even gossip about you loud enough for you to hear it. They treat white people like servants and try to make you look bad to your boss. Trust me--working for this company is career suicide. I wish I would have know that when i started.
Loved this job worked for The Tribe for over 12 years
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood FloridaJune 5, 2014
Pros: assisting the tribal members in any way i could. excelent benifits and a 401k offered
Cons: cutbacks and restructuring
I started with the tribe as a temp and worked my way up to become the Administrative Assistant to the Chief Building Inspector. My daily tasks included a wide variety of Administrative & Managerial duties.
The hardest part of the job was when suddenly I was laid off due to cutbacks and restructuring. There were many enjoyable parts to this job. But – more... I had 12 plus years that I enjoyed going to work every day. – less
Productive and a Learning Experience
Educational Services Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: politics
Working for the STOF is working for the STOF. The political climate makes it difficult to work in more ways then one. However you do learn a lot of things which will prepare you for the outside world.
Stressful
Acctg Mgr - Corporate Travel (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: atmosphere of intimidation
Although I learned a lot about many different aspects of accounting, the management is extremely poor, the culture is intimidating and the concept of work/life balance does not exist
Worked with very talented people
Advertising & Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: proactive environment for creative work
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Great place to work short term. The tenure of employees is designed to be short lived due to casino environment.
Great Job
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Clewiston, FLOctober 31, 2013
Wonderful Place to work..Great co worker and benefits..I work many year with this company and if it wasn't for downsizing I still be there...
Productive and Rewarding Working Environment
Family/Dependency Case Manager (Current Employee), Clewiston, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: getting to be a part of and learning a new culture and work environment.
Cons: not knowing what the future holds.
A typical day at work is started with a visit with some children at the local school. followed by family visits and counseling in my office. There are time that I handle DCF abuse/neglect reports and in some instances I attend dependency court cases. I don;t have a hard day as I enjoy everything that I do and i believe that the most enjoyable part of – more... my day is seeing a family and children that I am helping smiling and happy. It gives me great joy to see a child come up to me an thank me for being there counselor as well as their friend. – less
Compensation versus hours worked..
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2013
Over worked underpaid not compensated enough for the hours worked
No 2 days are the same
Player's Club Rep (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch, lots of employee discounts
Cons: smoky environment, seasonal crowd
Never a dull moment you never know what to expect or who you will meet.
BEWARE !!!!Terrible Place to Work!
Unhappy Employee (Former Employee), Florida Tribal wideApril 17, 2013
Pros: use of company vehicle
Cons: almost everything!
Stay away! Management are liars. They tell you one thing in the interview and then you start and all of a sudden the job is not what they made it seem. There are two camps there they people that have been there for years and perpetuate the lies and deceit and those like me that are un happy and looking for a way out. All the negative reviews are true. – more... It's not the Seminole people, it's the people that work for them. The entire organization is run like nothing I have ever seen. I have worked for government and corporate America and this place is a mess. I have never been so unhappy at a job. I'm giving my notice next week. For me it's unbearable. Think twice about taking a job here. The entire job culture is a mess. 5 other people in my department started with in a year and are all miserable and looking to leave that says something. Upper management is clueless and middle management covers up so much. I'm ashamed to include this job on my CV. You can never speak directly to anyone it always has to go through at least 2 other people. Employees that have been there for a long time are hostile towards new employees and often bully and demean them. I have seen this and experienced this. It has been a nightmare. – less
Terrible Place to Work!
new employee (Current Employee), Hollywood FlMarch 4, 2013
Pros: vaction time benefits ok
Cons: everything else
Working for the tribe has been the worst job experience of my life. I liked working at McDonalds as a teenager better than this. A lot of the non tribal member employees are more aggresive and hostile and treat others worse than the tribal members do.
The environment is fear based and the managers ignore everything that is wrong. Work environment is – more... from 1980 no flexibility in schedule. They do things one way and no changes or new ideas are allowed.
They are deceitful and once you take the job it is not at all what they made it out to be. They lie to your face and smile. The tribal members I have dealt with have not been bad, it is the non native american workers that have been there for a long time that are horrible to new employees or those that dont think like them.

There are some racist overtones against blacks, hispanics and asians. Comments like " sanchez, Gonzalez its all the same, or you know how those people are." It's a nightmare working there, seriously I feel like I am being punked most days I am there.

Working for them is like being in a big dysfunctional family, and if you speak out against what is wrong you get ostracised. Managers see the aggresion and hostility towards some employees and ignore. It is like living in Stepford but worse. They smile and have lunches and pretend everything is great but it is not just.....it's a nightmare!
I'm ready to run for the hills. – less
Great culture experience, I liked my every day contact with others in a public relation aspect.
Program Manager- Coordinator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 4, 2013
Pros: public relations, nice working environment, great work experience
Cons: i was at the same position for 8 years. no room for growth.
I was in charge of managing the tutors hired to help the students stay on task at school. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has the luxury of paying for each one of their student’s tuition to attend private schools. Since the students had to keep an above average GPA, I was assigned to job to find each student academic support. The tribe also has a very – more... high number of students with learning and emotional disabilities. I loved working with children and also liked the administrative component of my job. I frequently recruited and screened qualified educators and also was in charge of making sure we stayed within our budget. Most of my day was processing payments to the tutors and keeping the parents and students happy with their services. The Tutoring program consisted of 300 students and hired, more or less 120 tutors. – less
Think twice before working here
Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 1, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: racist, targeted abuse, unprofessional
Think long and hard before working for the tribe. Do research, ask around, this is a very unhealthy place to work. I don't write reviews, ever! But I feel compelled to do so now. Management and the HR department support targeted aggression towards employees. Like I said, think twice before taking any job at the Tribe!

March 4, 2013

You are 100% correct this is dead on!

must be thick skinned
goverment side of the tribe (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Working for the tribe requires you to be thick skinned, definately there is some prejudiced people working there, make all non-tribal people feel like servants. If you are able to work, keep your mouth shut, and ignore the racist remarks from tribal members, you'll do ok.
Challenging, interesting, and productive
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2012
I loved learning the interface process required between a soverign nation and the United States. Every part of tribal gaming is fun, rewarding and interesting
Is the most unprofessional, unorganized and unethical organization.
Operations staff (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLSeptember 23, 2012
Cons: bad management. no raises. racism. unprofessional.
Don't even know where to begin in describing the level of wrong doings that this organization puts out. Upper management has no idea how to keep a professional work environment or even how to perform the most basic of business practices. If you have any ideas that would make the company money or be beneficial for the company, they won't consider it – more... unless the right person proposes the idea. They set some up for success and others to fail based on if you're a tribal member, liked personally by a manager or are have good looks. Brains don't matter as much as looks.

Most executives never even arrive to work and have their managers run everything for them. When it's time to make a decision, execs have no back bone what so ever, even if it is the right thing to do. Managers are more concerned with how you look than how you perform. So many times I saw different cases of harassment and misconduct, yet nothing was ever done about it. The Tribe is always looking to blame others or find a scapegoat for tribal members errors, even if it is not legal. They don't care so long as the tribe comes out ahead. Not to mention the huge amounts of racism that exists. Doesn't matter to them, they don't have to adhere to any employment laws or regulations.

Forget about ever getting a raise or moving up the ladder. They claim to be losing money yet make billions on their casinos and crooked businesses yet they can't give a raise to the actual people who bust their tail on making that company a success. Stay away from working here if you wish to be happy at work and become successful. – less
Beware!! Company does not need to adhere to US Equal Employment Laws
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 31, 2012
Never in my entire career have I come across a more unethical employer. If you are White/Caucasian then avoid this employer like the plague, then do not like White people and it was clearly stated to me. Don't believe it? Check their website and/or call HR and ask them for their EEO statement. They don't have one.
It was a productive as well as a great learning enviroment for me!
Administrative Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLJune 28, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment as well as a very laid back management team
Cons: i really cant say anything negative about this job as i loved it and just happened to be laid off!
This was a pretty laid back job and as an overall I dealt with a lot of students as well as parents. I learned many different things and had great co-workers. I was not familiar with the Indian culture and was able to learn the true value of it. I loved working with the students as well as meeting many knew people. As far as the hardest part of the – more... job, there would be times our director would give us something to do that was rather large and we had a day to do it but we always got it done! – less