Seminole Tribe of Florida

Seminole Tribe of Florida Employee Reviews

good place to work
accounting (Former Employee), hollyqwood,flJuly 6, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: nice lunch room
i do not feel like i WANT TO SAY ANYTHING about STF.SORRYi do not feel like i WANT TO SAY ANYTHING about STF.SORRY
i do not feel like i WANT TO SAY ANYTHING about STF.SORRY
General Review
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Hollywood FloridaJune 16, 2015
Good place to work for. Little space for advancement. Solid organization with established job positions. If you do not come with good credentials, don't expect to get promoted at once.
Only to get entry level expeirence
IT System Administrator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: favoritism, instilling to fear tribal members. high turnover
A typical 9-5 day in which we assist users with problems in their computer. Basically if you are entry level person and looking to get your foot in the door to gain expreirience then go for it. but just be quiet and dont expect to be helped and learn new stuff from anyone unless they like you. co-workers and managment work together to pick out favrorites in the job and give them better task and training and overtime. and if you are not in that group they will try to find ways to make you quit or get fired. the most hardest part of the job is pleasing the tribal members and management. the most enjoyble part is getting paid weekly, enjoying paid holidays and going home. fyi this is not a job where you can have close coworkers you can confide on with issues you are having at work and outside work they will stab in the back before you know it. no one is your friend there.
A very interesting workplace with sovereign immunity business advantages
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), Hollywood FloridaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Private Jet
Cons: Delayed Payments
Every day presented great opportunities and different challenges. By creating a new category of business for the company, we had to operate as a start up within the company. Along with the new electronic cigarette business I created, we also had other products that were looking for distribution i.e. Hard Rock Energy Drink, Seminole Orange Juice. We won every critics choice award and the eCigar we created is still the best in the industry.
Good place to work, good benefits.
Director of Nursing/ARNP (Current Employee), Immokalee, FLApril 23, 2015
Work schedule is 8-5. Make sure all the clinics have provider coverage, review schedule and take sick calls. Make sure no clinic is short any nurses for the day that require coverage. See patient myself if ARNP coverage is needed at one of the clinics.
This job is not good for bilingual people. Big time Discrimination at the seminole tribe (Hollywood)
Homemaker/Team Leader (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Lunch break is an hour long.
Cons: you have to help clean the senior center, cook meals, CARWASH!!!
Poor management. Doesn't resolve any problems. Supervisor is not professional. You are not allow to speak spanish in the clients house nor at the work place. Co-workers are all about drama drama drama. Please avoid! you will regret it! 5 people fire because of supervisor! she is nasty and sneaky! ALSO, supervisor and Manager are BEST FRIENDS..so no matter what negative comments you have to say about the supervisor, the manager will have her back!
Good Company
Insurance Claims Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Stable work environment.
Great company. Great people to work with. I came in as temp and worked my was up to an AR clerk. Decent pay and benefits after a probationary period.
Good place to work.
Gaming Commission Officer (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 20, 2015
Seminole Tribe of Florida was an excellent employer. If I still lived in Florida (and close to one of their casinos), it would be both an honor and a privilege to work for them again.
Seminole Tribe of Florida-Great Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: short assignment
I worked here on a temp assignment and wish i could go back. I loved working with the realty officers in Hollywood and hope to return in the future. Only time will tell.
Could be better!!
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee), Hollywood, FloridaMarch 2, 2015
Technology cover the company; however, many employees continue working in an old way.This affect the productivity and green nature of the company.
Unique Opportunity
EA/PA to the Chairman of the Tribe (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: huge learning environment
Cons: one sided experience no personal life outside of work
Unique design to support the upper level of the tribal leaders in their efforts to better the tribal members as a whole. No two days were ever the same.
Awesome company
Employment History Cashier (Current Employee), Okeechobee, FLFebruary 18, 2015
A great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers. I've learned to work hard and be polite.
Fun place to work
Gaming Commission Officer (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, 24 hr employee dinning area, great learning experience
Cons: it all depends on your job detail.
I had the pleasure of training on all 3 shifts but I love the Alfa or Grave Shift 12am to 8am. My first experience being on this shift and love it. Never a dull moment and work with an awesome crew.
A very good tribal government with good salary and benefits.
Enterprises Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: they have a good retirement plan for employees.
Cons: healtcare plan is ok.
You can learn a lot about fund accounting and financial reporting.
You can also advance yourself. It is a good place for entry level accountant to start.
Great Hours
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), HollywoodSeptember 10, 2014
Great place to work, good hours and pay scale. The medical insurance and life insurance is very affordable.
fun exciting place to learn and meet different people
Administraive Assistant (Former Employee), Immokalee, FLAugust 11, 2014
greeted anybody that came to the office or called stared my day reviewing appointments and meeting what i learn was i worked for a great company and learned some of the culture management and coworker were great the hardest part of the job was moving to a new location the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of the committees event
Productive Enviroment
Gaming Commission Officer (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: smoking working place
Working for Seminole Tribe of Florida is a learning experience. Everyday that pass by is something new to learn. Like any other companies there ups and down but as team we work together. It has great benefit but not a great pay. Love what I do but no job advancement.
Horrible-Racist Company
Finance (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: see above
There is no room for advancement. Tribal members belittle you and even gossip about you loud enough for you to hear it. They treat white people like servants and try to make you look bad to your boss. Trust me--working for this company is career suicide. I wish I would have know that when i started.
Loved this job worked for The Tribe for over 12 years
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood FloridaJune 5, 2014
Pros: assisting the tribal members in any way i could. excelent benifits and a 401k offered
Cons: cutbacks and restructuring
I started with the tribe as a temp and worked my way up to become the Administrative Assistant to the Chief Building Inspector. My daily tasks included a wide variety of Administrative & Managerial duties.
The hardest part of the job was when suddenly I was laid off due to cutbacks and restructuring. There were many enjoyable parts to this job. But I had 12 plus years that I enjoyed going to work every day.
Productive and a Learning Experience
Educational Services Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: politics
Working for the STOF is working for the STOF. The political climate makes it difficult to work in more ways then one. However you do learn a lot of things which will prepare you for the outside world.