Seneca Family of Agencies is a nonprofit mental health agency that is dedicated to providing support to emotionally troubled children and their families. At Seneca, we form partnerships with parents and focus on families’ strengths and competencies when coordinating services. Seneca staff work closely with county agencies, school districts, and other community-based providers to ensure that children and families receive the supportive services they need to achieve lasting success.
The Family Support Counselor provides community-based mental health services to children and families, particularly foster and probation youth. Counselors work with youth in their environments: providing support and access to resources in the home, at school, and within the community.
- San Jose
- bilingual abilities in Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English required
- Assist the birth/foster parents in all aspects of care and supervision of the child as needed
- Provide behaviorally focused mental health support services to clients and their families
- Plan and implement individual and group activities that encourage the child's social development
- Complete the necessary Medi-Cal/mental health notes, written in a legible, billable, and a timely manner
- Submit incident reports and other necessary documentation in a timely, complete, and legible manner
- Provide supervision for visits with birth family when necessary
- Maintain a close and supportive relationship with the child's educational placement that may include in-classroom support and tutorial assistance
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English) abilities a plus!
- A Bachelor's degree in a social service related field
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prefer at least 9 months experience in working with emotionally disturbed children
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days as needed
- Fingerprint clearances
- Own vehicle, California Driver's License, and insurance
- $16.80 an hour with a BA/BS (upon successfully passing the language proficiency exam)
- Additional $2 / hour with a MA/MS
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Scholarship opportunities!
To apply, please email cover letter and resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format). Please include in your cover letter why you chose Seneca, and how your experience and education intersect with Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Questions? Please, visit our website at: www.senecacenter.org or call Seneca's Human Resources Department at: (510)317-1437.
Indeed - 22 months ago