Seneca Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 19, 2017
I have been there for awhile i love my job but just like other jobs you see mangers come and go. the job feels politcal sometimes. but i loved eveything i do there just very hard to advance
Pros
free lunch and benfits amazing
Cons
unsure
Great place with good benefits
Remote Outlet Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 14, 2017
Good place to work, they treat their employees very well! The armories fast paced however they don't give you much time to spend with your family! That is the only downfall!
Okay
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 5, 2017
The employees are full of themselves, rude and help you on their terms.
Management is ok
Food is ok
Everything is just ok.
If nothing bothers you that much then it is the job for you.
Pros
Free lunch. Benefits, breaks
Cons
Employee attitude, management
Ok job
Production Service tech (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY, Niagara Falls, ny and Salamanca, nyNovember 29, 2017
Good learning experience. Worked with some amazing people over six years. The work was both physical and thought based. I worked at all three locations.
Its a nice place in play games in
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 27, 2017
It's a nice place to enjoy yourself with family and friends. Or a night out alone.u can play adult games in have couple drinking while u playing games the people are nice
Cons
I am a nice preson to work with
Relaxed job, no advancement based on race
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 23, 2017
They openly descriminate its in their policy. Been working here a year with no advancement yet I know all hat is required+ for my position. Will hire from outside/native over moving up from within. Recommend unless you don't mind staying in a position for years before moving up, else look at another business.
Pros
Good benefits, paid lunches
Cons
No advancement unless native
A fun place to work
Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 12, 2017
Working for the casino was a fun experience with a lot to learn in the gaming industry. The company has intentions to grow so there are opportunities to move around within the organization.
Not a great place to work
Marketing Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Employees aren’t treated good I work at Niagara and everyone is so miserable because we’re all overworked and underpaid. The guest like our other properties because they treat their employees good. There are great benefits you can transfer long as you’re in good standing . With that being said this is a native company so they do have preference over non natives.
Pros
Benefits, buffet style lunch, paid breaks
Cons
Management, pay, smoke
Decent work place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Managers are decent and well trained. Its a fast paced work area, with nice and pleasant guest. The hours suck usually, good benefits not enough pay. I would recommend it if your looking for good benefits and area to move up.
Pros
free lunches free gym decent upper management
Cons
bad pay
Contract Management facility Manager for two hotels, great job
Buyer II (Facilities for Casino/Hotel (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY 14303September 8, 2017
review bids, send out bids, write Purchaser orders, review stock levels, daily meeting with department head, good place to work, excellent management and co workers.
diverse culture.
working with people most enjoyed
I learned contract negation with Sovereign Nation.
good customer service to head departments on items purchased

Job was easy no stress, worked in accordance with requlation
Pros
free lunch
Great
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 30, 2017
All around great place. Great benefits, great money, busy fast pace = mega over time $$$. Entertainment, discounts, free meals, mandatory breaks, friendly "team"
Would not recommend this work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2017
Working for security is stressful. The officers are unappreciated and underpaid. Some of the coworkers are very childish and there's constantly always drama.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch
Cons
Pay
Fun environment but lacks some important things
CAGE CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2017
This is a fun place to work, but does not pay enough. There are not enough opportunities for advancement without losing tenure or if you are not native.
Fun and exciting place to work with many opportunities for advancement.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2017
Seneca Gaming Corp was a great place to work. Management anad team members worked together to create a fun and exciting place to work. There were many opportunities for advancement.
Financial Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 3, 2017
Seneca Gaming Corporation oversees 3 casinos and a gold course in the Buffalo/ Niagara Falls area. Amazingly informative internship for young professionals in finance/ accounting.
Fun workplace with fellow co workers
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 29, 2017
Seneca Gaming was ok to work for but management could have been better. They would change your schedule on very short notice, my department got no respect, long hours, and the point system really sucks. if you were sick and did not have sick days, you had to come in no matter how sick you were, you could drop over on the floor, they would not care.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
the point system
don't bother applying for the HVAC position, never really fill it
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYJune 14, 2017
Even if you manage to get hired for this department, you can't keep your job no matter how hard you try. The senior employees will set you up to get fired just as soon as HR finds somebody to hire. You'll never be able to pass your 90 day evaluation because they DON'T WANT anybody new in that department. Tell you bad, misleading information, refuse to train you then complain that you aren't learning fast enough so that management will fire you and they can go back to their outdated, odd little way of doing things - not industry standards.
Pros
benefits, onsite medical, paid meals which they provide
Cons
can't work any job in maintenance once the HVAC department shreds you
I enjoy what aI do. So I guess I really haven't "worked" in the last 10 years😀.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 27, 2017
Looking to relocate in and around Ft.Lauderdale. Work in one of the casinos. Put in eight more years and then retire. I am an excellent table games dealer. Experienced, professional, enjoy the social interaction with the public. But most important.I enjoy what I do. If given the opportunity, I will be a welcome asset to the Seminole Gaming Authority as I have for the Seneca Gaming Authority. My resume is presently on file with the Seminoles​ Hard Rock Casino in Ft. Lauderdale. Hope to hear from you soon. 😀. Dan S.
nothing special
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 7, 2017
i worked in the buffet. i was a sever when i first started then once i got pregnant i was going back and fourth between serving and hosting due to pregnancy complications. they worked with me through my pregnancy but once i came back from my leave they werent happy i needed to change my hours
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
HR and management
A mecca for displaced casino executives
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 6, 2017
A typical day of work was working autonomous - good. No development however, not good

Also good was talking to customers on a regular basis.

Departmental culture was very autocratic. Opinions were treated with disdain. Non participatory meetings.
Pros
Aloof Management, Employee Cafeteria.
Cons
Aloof Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7