Seneca Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

The employees help one another out when needed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  310 4 th streetFebruary 19, 2017
Its not the best place to work thier attendence policy is not good at all
. the process in the hieing is long they need to kno bout everything where ur parents and siblings live ect
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The managers are to get along with
Excellent place to work
iSeries System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I have enjoyed every moment of my time with Seneca. They have an interesting environment, with people who actually understand the processes that go into maintaining their business. The iSeries team was easy to work with and knowledgeable and were always encouraging. I learned a lot here and would not hesitate to come back.
Pros
8 hour day with free lunch at buffet, minimal overtime, knowledegable, friendly iseries staff
Cons
They are in Niagara Falls, NY and I am from Texas
Very toxic work environment
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 26, 2016
This company is run to favor only Native American employees, when they find someone who is qualified to do your job, they will find a way to get rid of you if you are not Native American. It was even stated by the company that provides EAP counseling for Seneca Gaming corporation that the environment is toxic.
Pros
free Lunch, free gym, free health care.
Cons
Unhealthy smoking environment, undair ethical practices
Fun and exciting place to work.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYApril 2, 2016
Work at Seneca was a different type of job than I typically worked. It
was fun, and exciting at times. It was well organized and a very positive enviroment. Most all people worked to do a good job by customer satisfaction. The down side for me was a 1 hour drive to and from work. The best part of the job was people and some times staff telling you what a nice job you did.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long drive
call center environment, very relaxed and productive
Marketing Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I have learned how to problem solve more effectively, due to our department being central we can not always get to the managers for help. My managers are the most helpful when they are available my bosses attend plenty meetings. Marketing off the amenities is a big deal for the casino and always being able to determine all of the guests who call worthiness of gambling. Is this a money spender, or someone who only plays 30$, we are able to see everything in the guest accounts and free night stays does apply for some of the customers. The hardest part of my job is looking up information that is not stored in the system, the casino communicates through mailing offers and unfortunately we can't give the guest any information because we weren't informed as quickly. The best part is the pot lucks we have every Friday, gives us the chance to wind down and relax. My co-workers are the best, we all pitch in and help each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
cheap health care
Mismanaged -poor company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  AllDecember 4, 2015
Poor company to work for. It is a job, not a career Management level has people in power that are there due to ethnic background verses actually knowing how to manage. There is blatant discrimination! Their own "handbook" states they are equal opportunity but the next page says they give preference to certain ethnic backgrounds. Bottom line is there I little room for advancement.
There are a few perks here and there but not worth the time.
Pros
A job
Cons
Compensation low, benefits are mediocre, management in general
Great work enviroment, Great staff
Gaming Dealer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 10, 2015
Fun and exciting! Meet new people everyday, many people come back after their first experience, raving about the staff and how much fun they had.
Unstable Working Environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Not an employee friendly place to work, poor management. No corporate vision or strategies. Micro managed and inability to express creativity and innovation.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Management
did not like this job
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 28, 2015
One of the worse jobs I ever had. They over work you and under pay you. If you are not nation you really get the short end of the stick.
Pros
They feed you for free
Cons
The management sucks in certain departments. Alot of favortism. The pay
interresting
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 26, 2015
a typical day would involve a lot of prep work to get started for the nights dinner rush. The management team were strict yet fear with all employees. the best part of my day was when I could go home and actually site down
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
very in healthy environment
server (Former Employee) –  Seneca NiagaraApril 8, 2015
Very unorganized, poor management, your promised the world . very over worked and unappreciated. Will be let go at a drop of a dime.. And to receive unemployment is impossible.. They have every corner covered.. They will point u when u have sick time available.. Will point you without you knowing.. Terrible place to work.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything and anything about this company
Pathetic excuse of a team environment
Food and beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Salamanca NYJanuary 29, 2015
this company is the type that puts their senior management above all and is willing to place blame for any and all incidents on employees at the shift manager level and below so not to look incompetent. Human resources and employee relations is said to be there to help and solve problems but sadly enough, the person who is easiest to terminate gets the bullet. The mere rumor of misconduct usually results in a suspension pending a lie of HR investigation until you are terminated. Do yourself and all friends you have to not waste the heartache in a position at the casino that you will give everything possible including your home and social life to with nothing more than an excuse in the end as to why they will eventually fire you. I personally have watched this happen many times in the past and present. I am ashamed to be known around the area as a devoted employee to this corporation.
Pros
Promises of fun, friendly work life.
Cons
Horrible pay, Constant backstabbing, No support system for team members from management, Will be forced to give up every aspect of your life.
Can be fun and exciting, however much more is required of the salaried employee
manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 9, 2014
This can be a very fun and exciting place to work. However, if you are a salaried employee they expect you to work overtime while treating you like an hourly employee. Management demands a lot of its employees without holding anyone in management accountable.
Great opportunity for learning and getting training if you are Enrolled Seneca and have pull to get you a good position and into the training programs.
Pros
free lunch and paid lunch hour
Cons
salaried employees treated like hourly
n/a
Marketing Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 15, 2014
I resigned due to relocating to florida. This was also an amazing place to work
Very stressful place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYOctober 13, 2014
I liked the job in itself, i did not care for the environment. it is a very high paced, high stressful to work. My coworkers for the most part were a lot of fun, especially for being on 3rd shift.
Not to bad
Clerk (Current Employee) –  NiagaraOctober 5, 2014
I must say that ive heard nothing but bad things about working at seneca niagara. But in my department I will give them credit where credit is due. Very understanding when it comes to your outside life as far as family,school, personal issues. Always try to compensate/honor your requested time off. I wouldn't move to another department, the grass isn't always green on the other side
Pros
LOVE MY CO-WORKERS, FREE FOOD, GYM, MEETING PPL FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE.
Cons
PAY NOT THAT GOOD BEING THAT SGC MAKES LOTS OF MONEY, FAVORITISM, NO SET DAYS/HOURS
Cut throat , unhealthy environment
Food & Beverage management (Current Employee) –  NiagaraJuly 10, 2014
Some of the worst working conditions and environment you could put your self into this day in age. Smoke blown in your face daily. Stress level threw the roof with constant eyes and pressure on you from directors and above to cover themselves on their own poor decisions. Entire company cuts corners on just about everything and try's to portray a high class gaming environment. Have seen new outlets crumble within months because of poor planning and rushed deadlines. Some of the rudest patrons in the service industry. Employee moral at an all time low throughout entire company.
Pros
Free mediocre below par food
Cons
Your life if you work here. 2nd hand smoke . Poor upper management
valet
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  buffalo, nyMay 31, 2014
Taking charge of customers possessions and returning them in a quick manner
NOT WORTH YOUR TIME unless going for college credits only after leave
former employee SGC (Former Employee) –  Seneca Gaming CorporationMarch 30, 2014
Having worked there for a number of years Had no time for myself, nor did I learn much of anything this would be a bad career move for someone going to college, unless you start as a internship there, However after you are complete with your internship be done with the company. Moving on to something better and different. Management there only care about themselves get a better bonus then a entry-level employee or dual-Supervisor. All there training and was a waste of time. it seem great at the beginning, but then they don't care about prefer and take there time getting things done. Co-worker were hard workers and no one seem equal. As a Team. So don't wait your time working there. Not a great career move.
Pros
Free Food, Benefits
Cons
No career advancement, No prefers, no time for family or social life, not a College career move unless want experience for college credit only
Good pay. Bad management
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYAugust 16, 2013
Worked there for over six years. A lot of indecision by the management. No communication between any departments. Then blame gets put on little guy. Just a horrible place to work
Pros
Gym, pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7