Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel

Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Casino Host (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMay 19, 2014
For a large company they attempt to make everyone feel like family. Thrived to meet all guests expectations.
Gooed benefit
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: free food and beverage.
Cons: a customer service training class
Show very a good and skillful customer service.
I do full-time work and full-time study, and I have just graduated with my MBA on May 2014. It is time for me to find my career job.
fast pace work environment
sterwardest (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free breakfast or lunch
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would consist of shift details and notifications of events, or which restaurants were closed on that specific day and what was left by the last shift and what needed to be done. I learned to think better on my feet and be a team player. My co-workers were very funny they always put a good vibe into the work environment even when the day was stressful. the hardest part of the job was when all three restaurants were open at the same time and they were really busy, on those days we would clean more than 6,000+ silver ware and plates etc. the best thing about the job was when it was finally time to clean up and all the restaurants were closed we were able to take are time because there was no rush and it was quiet and peaceful.
All in all - a better place to work with a degree.
Commissary Cook III (Current Employee), Niagara falls, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: health care and benefits packages not worth the hassle any longer, disgruntled employees, short-sightedness, breaking laws and behaving unethically.
For someone that is a lower-tiered employee such as myself (as we are considered, at least) we are just another pair of hands. The only redeeming quality of the casino was the health insurance and benefits packages that they used to offer, but so far the cost of maintaining the new packages are no longer feasable.

A typical day at work at this place as a cook in the prep kitchen is to be able to have good time management, be able to multitask, keep up on paperwork, and also do the necessary cooking for all external vendors on a need basis.

What I learned from this place remains to be seen in any sort of positive light. I feel that I am a very strong employee, capable of taking care of business and doing whatever I can for the business, but that it goes on to blind eyes. Management does what they can for the business, but severely lacks most people skills to be able to bridge the gap between business and employee's personal needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the fellow coworkers and making new friends along the way.
Great Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYAugust 7, 2013
It was a great place to work. Enjoyed going every day to the airport.
Front Desk Shift Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMay 8, 2013
Seneca Niagara was a good place to work. They take the time to train their employees and it doesn't stop after initial training. There are always further training courses made available. They have decent benefits and work with employees who express an interest in moving up the corporate ladder.
Great Job
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 24, 2013
This job was excellent, free lunches, awesome managers, co-workers, etc.. Great oppurtunites for advancement and you change change your job after 6 months if your not content with the one you applies for. they have great benefits.