Senior Care Centers Employee Reviews

It’s a great experience, friendly place of work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CANovember 5, 2017
Making sure our clients needs are met.
Be organized and very respectful.
I have gained a lot of experience working amount co-workers with more experience and education.
I enjoy helping others specially elderly, seeing them happy and feeling better is the best feeling in the world.
Sometimes it could be challenging dealing with patients that suffer from memory loss and ect but we learn to handle these kind of situations based on our training and experience.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
most enjoyable part of the job
CERTIFLY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE/ AND LPN (Former Employee) –  West, TXOctober 29, 2017
making sure that patient are happy and also that family taking care of. and very satisfy
working with different culture you learned people and people getting to know you.
the hardest part of the job is to ensure that patient getting there care as to giving them there bath, and keeping them cleaned,
my manger at the time was very nice she was some one that i can look up to.
i have learned a lot while on that job it give me great respect and a sense of enjoying what i do
Rewarded and appreciated for hard work
Senior Care Centers of San Angelo (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76901October 25, 2017
Worked hard and got rewarded instead of always being negative. Management was not always the best and at time it made for a stressful situation but overall a great place to work.
Pros
felt appreciated
Cons
high productivity
Overall satisfied
LVN MDS (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 23, 2017
Its a fast pace workplace , employee,s are helpful and caring ,my typical work day starts with patient rounds ,morning meeting and then start working with mds that need to be closed for the day along with the care plans and needed updates and any care plan meetings with families that might come up
Pros
Pto, 401 K, Medical, Vision and dental etc...
Cons
Medical insurance
Senior center
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PROctober 23, 2017
Good co-workers. It was not the best pay and we did not have many hours of work either. Harmonious and calm environment. Good experience working with elderly people because they teach yo a lot.
Cons
Salary
Never again
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
The worst company I have ever worked for. They change policies constantly and do not inform employees of changes, management doesn’t care about staff, very stressful. I would never go back.
Worse job experience I have ever had
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
You will be pulled into the office for any small mistake you make for a verbal warning first. Management seems to look for you to mess up so they can let you go. They have a very high turnover rate.
Pros
Hours
fun environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 14, 2017
the environment is fun and relieving, the residents are great to work with and love to have fun. management needs a big improvement and need to focus more on the employees and resident needs
Pros
great coworkers and residents
Cons
a lot of favoritism in management and team members
I worked in the lockdown unit with dementia/Alzheimer's patients
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2017
Working in this unit requires one to work together with other staff members to provide a safe environment for residents, patients require a positive, structured environment, frequently having the answer as to the next step to what patients are trying to accomplish is important to reduce anxiety and give patients a purpose. confidence and a pleasant demeanor in all situations is important because with mental health patients most of what you get in responses throughout the day is dependent on, and reflects what attitude you give in interactions. The approach is everything. i worked well with my team here, built my foundation for nursing and patient care and spent my days here making every moment count for people that need guidance and some fun in their routine.
Pros
many hours available, experience with multitudes of mental health patients, cooperative management staff
Cons
long hours, long drive to work
Good
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2017
Good place to work very happy environment
Friendly place to work
In- home care caregiver assisting in medical and personal hygiene care
Very organized
Do not work for this company, management do not like to pay
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 21, 2017
The Point in Webster cannot keep an Adminstrator, four administrators in one year. Management is lazy and do not want to come in to work when employees call in. Residents are disrespectful, I would not work here again ever. Food is disgusting for residents, low housekeeping staff, Cna's working 16 hrs shift because of low staffing.
Cons
No breaks
Hostel work environment
Restorative Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I would not recommend senior care centers to any of my friends because, this company is greedy and has very poor management extremely short staffed and doesn't not provide quality patient care
Cons
Short staffed poor management
productive and fun working enviroment
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 6, 2017
good company to work for. it is a place that you would love to work for. a very good learning experience I have worked for several companies over the years I enjoy working for this one
Good place to work and gain skills, knowledge and advancement
Registered Nurse supervisor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 26, 2017
Great place to learn skills, feel comfortable and excel in my nursing career. Able to advance if you would like. Friendly atmosphere and administration is helpful
Benefits
Cons
Lots of patients
Fair place to work
Director of Business Development and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 26, 2017
A typical day of work would include a fast past environment of processing referrals, community marketing, meetings with staff,residents and families erc.
i prepare food and drinks i clean lobby area and make sure the residents are taken care of
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 24, 2017
i open the kitchen i prepare drinks and cooked food i have snacks and condaments ready i make sure whos food goes in whos room and i make sure what kind of food a resident can even eat i make sure lobby area is cleaned i do this for breakfast lunch and dinner 1 i clean lobby area after each meal i clean dishes and i stock food when the food trucks comes by and i also close the kitchen
Pros
free lunches, 2 breaks
Cons
work goes by slow
Very poorly run company
Management (Former Employee) –  Senior Care of HewittAugust 18, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 years. The company is very poorly run and people are getting laid off daily. I would definitely not suggest working for ANY of the buildings in Senior Care Centers and especially not this branch. This particular building is very heavy on favortism and dishonesty in management.
Pros
Decent pay usually based on favortism
Cons
Poor management, favortism is rampant, lots of drama
an awful place,dont go there
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 17, 2017
management is awful,very lazy, when approached about a problem they try to just throw it under the rug but when the state review gets near they are running around trying to bring the books up to date.benefit package is not good at all.by the way HR is awful it took 10 weeks to do a simple entry, of course after i kept pushing the issue.if they promise a raise it takes at least 3 months to finally show up on your check if you are lucky to get it at all.
Pros
the patients accross the board are wonderful, some of the staff are great
Cons
poor management, some lazy, mouthy aides, no room for growth
Rewarding Experience
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
I have really enjoyed the opportunity to bring awareness and attention to the amazing seniors located in our facilities. Management allows you to lead projects without micro managing or stifling ideas. Company culture is extremely friendly and coworkers are more than happy to provide advice and knowledge about the skilled nursing industry. If you are motivated and want to hit the ground running in the fast paced world of Nursing Care, Senior Care Centers is a great option for a career.
Pros
Company Culture, Benefits, Potential to Quickly Advance in Company, Great Communication between Departments
Cons
Get to make a difference
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
If you want to punch a clock and have a "regular" workload, this is NOT the company for you. However, if you want to get your hands dirty and help make a real difference, this would be a great match. We all are focused on helping the patients and residents have a good experience, and it feels good to work for a management team that is scrappy and results driven. I never have questions about where I stand or if what I am doing matters, and that feels really good to have that kind of support.
Pros
Flexible workload, can-do attitude of my colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6