Senior Healthcare Services, a CHAP-accredited home health agency located in Broward County, seeks a Director of Nursing (DON).
The DON is responsible for overseeing the daily operations as well as setting strategic direction for this multiple-location home care agency. The Agency has a census of approximately 400 private-duty patients & 50 Medicare patients, and was established in 1992. We received CHAP accreditation in 2011. We operate in the tri-county South Florida market and plan to expand to other states in 2013. Business is primarily concentrated in senior living communities.
This is an excellent challenge for a nursing professional who has strong clinical and business skills. The position reports to a Regional Director, and has 9 direct reports.
Position has a competitive base salary, incentive bonus, plus excellent benefits like 401K with company match, Blue Cross PPO plan, and paid time off.
- Florida RN and Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of both private duty and skilled home health care in state of Florida.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a home care software system such as McKesson.
- Leadership skills including the ability to act as a partner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to ensure timely completion of all responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and deductive reasoning skills, good judgment, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, compliance requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to manage external resources, e.g. contractors, vendors, agencies, etc.
- Excellent supervisory skills to motivate and supervise staff.
- Willingness to travel between 5 locations in the tri-county area.