Senior Helpers

Senior Helpers Employee Reviews

lots of fun outgoing patients
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), El Cerrito, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: nice new building
Cons: always firing staff
Assist with elder care and daily living to help maintain a long lasting happy life for the patients. I learned patience and companionship is key. Management is rarely doing there job or concerned with the residents we take care of or their caregivers. We work on one on one basis in the privacy of ones home so I never see my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is loosing a client/resident you've built a bound with. Overall I really enjoy helping and the smiles and great moods I live them in is most rewarding part
Caregiver (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 18, 2015
professional home care good work environment , patient care , personal hygiene , doctors appointment . light house work .
n/a
Caregiver (Current Employee), Pawleys Island, SCMay 10, 2015
a typical day at senior helpers would be caring for the elders and helping those who need assistant with daily activities that no longer can perform without help.
Unorganized
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stuart, FLMay 10, 2015
Company unorganized, double scheduled, sent home at times due to double scheduling. No guidelines for severe weather.
This was the best job I've ever had
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Mokena, ILMay 6, 2015
I absolutely loved my time here, from the owners of the company to the many wonderful people I can in contact with on a daily basis. I wouldn't change a thing about this company.
enjoy working with all kinds of people disble/ to elderly
Cargiver/CNA (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: working with people
Enjoyed working with all different kinds of patients, disable and the elderly. Enjoyed doing anything they wanted to. Patients enjoy doing things that they would never do by them self.
productive
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 1, 2015
Pros: no lunch
Cons: no breaks
light cleaning,small cooking smiling interacting in what ever it is that want to do running errands far as doc app or walmart etc,talking
great place to work
Expert Certified Nurse Assistant/Activities Aide (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 28, 2015
Perfect employment for student, retiree, or just a stable income. Employment that will allow you to advance in skills and give back to society.
Honest and caring staff and very professional
Caregiver (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 24, 2015
I worked for Senior Helpers for 2 yrs and enjoyed working there, the staff was very professional. Senior Helpers always kept you working and worked with you when needed. The company always looked out for the well being of their clients and made sure they always had personal care around the clock. Senior Helper provided you with update on every upcoming events and made sure you had access to class online if needed.
Productive, fast-paced and fun
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Westlake Village, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, supportive of family needs
Cons: Stressful, lacking financial compensation
This was a great job. It was exciting, fast-paced, and fulfilling in that we help seniors get quality care in their home.
Hardest part of the job was when we could not fill a shift with the right fit.
Caregiver
Senior Helpers Caregiver/Health Provider (Current Employee), Santa AnaApril 11, 2015
Great Place to Work. Gained Tons of experience for all types of different clients it also located in a frat location from my home
caring for your family like their own.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 25, 2015
i enjoyed this company. they stand up for their clients and also their personal. we prided ourselves in treating your loved ones like we would want our own treated.
Overseeing and caring for others in need of special care
Caregiver (Current Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: caring for others, working independantly and meeting new people
Cons: working very long hours, changing diapers, hygiene care
I learned how to work directly with Dimentia and other debilitating illnesses due to old age. I enjoyed caring for others, however, working 12-hour shifts were long and exhausting. I typical day would be arriving at my client's home and doing a shift change with previous staff. Then visiting with my client and assisting with her medicine intake, hygiene, bathing, moving, walking or sitting. Checking on her every 2 hours while in bed. Documenting any changes in health or demeanor.
Flexible schedule
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 2, 2015
Small company. Great to be able to work from home and have a flexible work schedule. Needs improvement on management organization.
Open communication and very concerned superiors
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: several different clients
I feel I would have been with them for several years if I hadn't had health issues. The best part of this job was the clients who became close like family.
Can be fun and rewarding with the right clients
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee), Napa, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: very nice owners and staff. a great service. you make you daily schedule of tasks.
Cons: really long 12 hour shifts, pay is not good, no room for advancement.
You need to be self driven to stay busy with approiate tasks. Find a system that works, there can be long spans of quiet time and other days that are completely hectic.
This is a excellent company to work for
Companion (Current Employee), Independence, OHFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the wisdom that is given to me by listening to the clients talk about their life
Cons: i work sometimes 4 twelve hour days
Senior Helpers is a great place to work for if you enjoy interacting with senior citizens. I enjoy going to either the home or a nursing facility to sit or care for their personal needs.
Senior Helpers is great agency which provides excellent services in order for seniors to remain in their home.
Senior Care (Current Employee), Hockessin, DEFebruary 3, 2015
Senior Helpers has provided me with the ability to work with clients. They have given the tools and training to provide optimal care to their clients. Excellent support from nursing supervisor who has always been there for support and advice to deal with challenging clients and family. I enjoy being able to provide compassionate care to clients.
Great learning experience
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Sykesville, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Provide 24 hour car for 5 days out of the week. Prepared medication, food, and aided with any other needs the client needed. Drove the client to all of his appointments. Provided a friendly environment for the client. Made sure the house was clean and presentable.
Fun motivated home health care
Home health aide (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, great management, wonderful clients
Cons: no complaints
Meeting new clients, providing companion care, hospice care. the best part of my position is to see my clients on a daily basis and get to spend time with them making them feel good when helping them bathe or clean their home. Playing board games or watching a good movie never a dull moment when working with my clients.

1 2 3 4 5