Senior Helpers Employee Reviews

senior helpers is a great place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 14, 2017
My last boss would say I was dependable a hard worker and I got along well with other and co-workers I got to know a lot of great people of all culture
Pros
Good Pay/Hours
Cons
No Medical/No Insurance
Senior Helpers
Resident Assistant; Helping Senior Citizens (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 9, 2017
Started with them when the company was new. There was a lot to be desired as far as having a schedule and going to school at the same time. Time management becomes a huge problem
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 6, 2017
There is little pay for the amount of work requirements.
Benefits and paid holidays would definitely be nice. I like working with this company. I'm just looking for something with more stability and higher pay .
Pros
Getting to know and working with great people
Cons
Frustrating situations and dealing with people on a personal level
Nice Mgmnt But Not Dependable
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2017
The work environment is ok but they dont give you many hours at all and DO NOT depend solely on the money because you can be cut in a heartbeat!!!
Horrible place
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 2, 2017
If you don't want a place that acknowledges your work and has any idea how to run a business
This is your place

They are not "Care and Comfort at a moments notice"
Friendly atmosphere
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Working at senior helpers you have to be compassionate.You also have to have a caring heart.this describes me, which is why I my patient loved me.I received a caring heart award!!!!!
Pros
helping others
Caring staff
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2017
If you stay with the company you make friends with the people around you. There is the high turnover aspect but there's also the life long employees. Those are the ones that make it worthwhile. If you want to have career with this company work hard
Good company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 24, 2017
This company is good for someone who likes caring for people. It enables you to connect with the elderly community and make a difference in their lives.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not alot of hours
Ok
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
The pay wasn't fair for what was required from agents .They don't look out for agents as for situations that occur with clients. It was ok,the clients were good people.
Flexible schedule
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 11, 2017
The office staff is friendly and accommodating to employee schedules; you can literally set your own hours of availability. The company provides compensation for mileage as well as all required training needed to fill the position. With automated time clock system and ability to submit weekly paperwork via email, you rarely need to visit the office which allows for more time in the field and shortens commute time.
Pros
Accomodations easily made for personal time off
good compamy
Senior Helpers (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 11, 2017
was hired to help with CAHC they are launching their application good clients good chhas took a while to get chhas into compliance with all necessary requirements
working with seniors
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I love seniors, helping and listening to their life experiences. I just don't like not having consistent hours. and working so far and still not making enough to take care of my household and children.
Pros
getting to know the seniors
Cons
not making enough money, and no consistent hours
The worst possible place for anyone to work
Private (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 5, 2017
This company is poorly run, not only by the owner, but by its 20 something year old manager with no people skills at all. Very unprofessional in every way. Don't expect honesty from anyone there as most are not. In the office you are overworked and very underpaid. The office has been through 29+ employees in a 2 year period and this is a fact. It's an office of about 6-8, give or take as they come and go, and an unheard of turnover rate. Do yourself a favor and run. People have tried and they have come up with excuses why each person didn't work. One would think after all those that went through the revolving door, they would look at themselves in the mirror and ask how can I change and make it better. People asked for help from corporate and got nothing. They need a mature manager that has people skills.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
See above. Too many to list. Disgusting
Very understanding management.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 29, 2016
Help take care of client's needs to the best of my ability.
I have learned about how to put on various braces for clients and learned about different therapies.
Pros
Great clients to work with. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Not guaranteed full-time hours.
They had a lot of training classes on Dementia and Alzheimer's. But they didn't seem to appreciate us. u
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 29, 2016
The company did not really work for me. But they did have good schedulers in the office. The company didn't seem to appreciate their caregivers.
Pros
The training classes
Cons
They just wanted more and more from the caregivers and show any appreciation.
Positive experience over all, but could have a little better communication.
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 26, 2016
I love my job! I care for one client who needs minimum amount of care. The office staff are friendly and appreciative of the caregivers. Communication is difficult and goes with the nature of the business, but I have gone without answers to questions. The owners are involved and have been making strides to improve communication between caregivers and office staff. Overall it has been a very good experience working with the company.
Pros
Kind and caring management
Cons
No benefits package.
Could be a great place to work.
Caregiver, HR Coordinator, Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INDecember 25, 2016
Worked hard as an employee, but with a family owned company worst place to work. They owners only care for themselves and no commitments for the employee. If the directors wife isnt happy then no one is happy.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Owners and owners son and daughter-in-law.
Ok workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Overall my time with Senior Helpers has been a learning experience. The office staff try to support you in the beginning but the longer you work for them the less important you become. Their main priority is keeping their clients, all the while overlooking the caregivers. The office staff doesn't do pop up visits or evaluations on the caregivers. They take the word of the liked caregivers over the hardworking caregivers. If you show the families that you are willing to go above and beyond they take advantage as well as the office. The office doesn't expect you to have things come up and promise alot of things, that they know they are not really willing to give up. As a worker I would like to be treated fairly, given the bonuses, time off/schedules that I was promised, especially when I am held to my job. I like working with the many different backgrounds though some of their clients can be a tad bit prejudice.
Pros
Meet alot of different ppl
Cons
Short breaks or no break, no paid time off no matter how long you've worked with them, broken promises, lazy office staff, more caregivers than clients, so sometimes work is scarce
Senior Helpers (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GADecember 16, 2016
Not Professional, Buy company in June of 2016, did not train old staff with new policies, excuse staff for not following policy, teminated all old staff in default, deception.
Cons
Productive workplace with a hard working team with a purpose to serve others
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2016
A typical day working this team was very productive. Everyone was always working together as a team to serve each and every patient. The more we worked together we got a lot more done. It was always a team effort. I miss that teamwork and dedication to the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Helpers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9