Senior Helpers Employee Reviews

Stressful caregiving with no little or no supervision
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Management was kind and understanding, but no corporate or business culture. We were given assignments and had to fend for ourselves. We were home health aides; had to work in people's homes with a variety of situations, clients with varying health problems, and had to use toileting, bathing and other physically demanding skills with no or little training.
Fulfilling knowing that you are making someones day easier and less lonely
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2018
They assign you a client in your area and you drive to there home and help them do every tasks that they are unable to do themselves.These clients are either seniors,disabled or have a terminal illness.You assure them that they are not alone and you care for them. Meal prep., bathing, dressing, and taking them to appointments are a usual day.
Great job for prn
CNA HHA (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2018
Great job for prn, you basically make your own schedule. The clients are very nice. The staff is very nice and understanding. You learn something new everyday especially by seeing different clients and helping them with different tasks.
Pros
Can make own schedule practically
Cons
Very little hours
Nice people
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work, great clients and staff paid mileage. Everyone is hard working and dedicated. Location is great easy to get to clients . Many work hours available
Negative workplace
Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 14, 2018
This company is not a good company to work for. They donn't care about their employees. They just want the money from the clients. They will have their workers do things that are not accordance with the laws that govern our field. I worked for them for two years and I was very unhappy with this job. I was asked to work 24 hours but I was not paid for 24 hours worth of work. I was asked to do complete duties that I was not qualified for. I was ask perform tasks that it took two people to perform. I was not paid for a lot of the duties, tasks, and other things that I was to do.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Benefits and Pay Scale
Friendly, flexible and good training.
Care Taker (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with Senior Helpers. My hours went down below my minimum in the are so I had to seek additional employment.,. They kept my on their on-call list for local clients.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Great office workers
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MIJanuary 12, 2018
The office personnel were the best! They worked with everybody to get them the hours/days that they were available to work. If you call in for your shift, they did everything possible to get your shift covered. Sometimes they could and sometimes they couldn’t get coverage; but I was in the office one time when somebody called in for their shift and they worked to get her shift covered (which they did).
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
No pay raises and no benefits available.
Great people to work for
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Senior helpers is a great place to work sry your own hours pick up hours always there if you need them they have a great staff and there very caring I reccomend them
Cons
The owner is impossible to work for
Scheduling Supervisor/HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJanuary 5, 2018
The owner creates a very hostile work environment. He is disruptive, insulting and takes every opportunity to systematically strip you of your dignity. He is impatient, quick tempered and will not accept blame for his own faults. He make work miserable and has no appreciation of the volume of work.
Pros
Helping the most vulnerable in our communities
Cons
The owner is difficult to work with. He makes work miserable.
People leave management, not the job
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INDecember 31, 2017
The company as a whole does great work but the particular manager I worked for was not clear with the job description, enjoyed firing people, and would not hire using quality standards. Employees were treated unfairly, not given proper training, and expected to do things not in their job description. Would have enjoyed with proper training.
Pros
Upper management, time off, benefits
Cons
Lack of direction
Good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Office people was nice they made sure they sent you to a client that you were okay with taking care of. They were very understanding an always had your back.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Low pay for being a caregiver
Client based
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 29, 2017
I had multiple clients over the 8 months I worked for Senior Helpers. I really enjoyed helping my clients and spending time with them and their family.
Thr clients are nice the people that work in payroll always mess up
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 29, 2017
I've worked here for 6 months and I haven't been paid on time even with me having direct deposit its very frustrating not getting paid the day you are suppose to
Pros
You get to help people that need it
Cons
You may not get paid until 3 days after original pay date
friendly place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of housekeeping, preparing and cooking meals, and if needed assistance with shower, Also i do laundry and medication reminders.
Senior helpers
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PADecember 21, 2017
It was ok while I was in school, allowed me to study, not exceed working too much, and the pay was fine if you could get more than 4 hour shifts near your location.
Pros
patients were nice
Cons
too boring, nothing to do but watch tv with them
Very professionally run Senior Caregiving Company
Senior Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 20, 2017
The people in the office were really great at calling me with clients that fit my time availability.

I fit well into the Senior caregiving work as I had gone through it for fifteen years as my husband had two open heart surgeries, several strokes, etc, etc and declined in the nursing home with physical and mental limitations

As a part-time staff member, I did not receive any benefits AND
I DO NOT NEED them as I have my health insurance paid for me by my husband's previous employer! :-)
Unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 17, 2017
Needs better management they would cancel clients short notice and would not find a replacement. Asked people to work too many hours. Was very unorganized with schedules
Pros
Picked hours
Cons
Schedule was always changed
Laid back in-home job
Direct Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 14, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of spending time with a specific client/family that may require meal prep, medication administration, school-related assistance, or any daily duty of that child. The environment is usually very homey and comfortable.
Excellent program, worked with a great family.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 13, 2017
Senior Helpers (formerly "Helpers, Inc.") is a fantastic non-for-profit. I was placed with a wonderful family and was able to assist with a young man who suffered from severe Autism and was non-verbal.
Pros
Flexible working hours, enjoyable and fulfilling work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 11, 2017
I helped Senior Citizens with their daily activities within their own home. Taking Medications, helping them with walking and getting around, taking them to doctors.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Unknown Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Helpers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8