Senior Helpers

Senior Helpers United States Employee Reviews

Productive, fast-paced and fun
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Westlake Village, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, supportive of family needs
Cons: Stressful, lacking financial compensation
This was a great job. It was exciting, fast-paced, and fulfilling in that we help seniors get quality care in their home.
Hardest part of the job was when we could not fill a shift with the right fit.
Caregiver
Senior Helpers Caregiver/Health Provider (Current Employee), Santa AnaApril 11, 2015
Great Place to Work. Gained Tons of experience for all types of different clients it also located in a frat location from my home
caring for your family like their own.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 25, 2015
i enjoyed this company. they stand up for their clients and also their personal. we prided ourselves in treating your loved ones like we would want our own treated.
Overseeing and caring for others in need of special care
Caregiver (Current Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: caring for others, working independantly and meeting new people
Cons: working very long hours, changing diapers, hygiene care
I learned how to work directly with Dimentia and other debilitating illnesses due to old age. I enjoyed caring for others, however, working 12-hour shifts were long and exhausting. I typical day would be arriving at my client's home and doing a shift change with previous staff. Then visiting with my client and assisting with her medicine intake, hygiene, bathing, moving, walking or sitting. Checking on her every 2 hours while in bed. Documenting any changes in health or demeanor.
Flexible schedule
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 2, 2015
Small company. Great to be able to work from home and have a flexible work schedule. Needs improvement on management organization.
Open communication and very concerned superiors
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: several different clients
I feel I would have been with them for several years if I hadn't had health issues. The best part of this job was the clients who became close like family.
Can be fun and rewarding with the right clients
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee), Napa, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: very nice owners and staff. a great service. you make you daily schedule of tasks.
Cons: really long 12 hour shifts, pay is not good, no room for advancement.
You need to be self driven to stay busy with approiate tasks. Find a system that works, there can be long spans of quiet time and other days that are completely hectic.
This is a excellent company to work for
Companion (Current Employee), Independence, OHFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the wisdom that is given to me by listening to the clients talk about their life
Cons: i work sometimes 4 twelve hour days
Senior Helpers is a great place to work for if you enjoy interacting with senior citizens. I enjoy going to either the home or a nursing facility to sit or care for their personal needs.
Senior Helpers is great agency which provides excellent services in order for seniors to remain in their home.
Senior Care (Current Employee), Hockessin, DEFebruary 3, 2015
Senior Helpers has provided me with the ability to work with clients. They have given the tools and training to provide optimal care to their clients. Excellent support from nursing supervisor who has always been there for support and advice to deal with challenging clients and family. I enjoy being able to provide compassionate care to clients.
Great learning experience
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Sykesville, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Provide 24 hour car for 5 days out of the week. Prepared medication, food, and aided with any other needs the client needed. Drove the client to all of his appointments. Provided a friendly environment for the client. Made sure the house was clean and presentable.
Fun motivated home health care
Home health aide (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, great management, wonderful clients
Cons: no complaints
Meeting new clients, providing companion care, hospice care. the best part of my position is to see my clients on a daily basis and get to spend time with them making them feel good when helping them bathe or clean their home. Playing board games or watching a good movie never a dull moment when working with my clients.
good for starting out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 4, 2015
Pay could be better
did not get alot of hours
clients were friendly
Management is one sided
Fun
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Cook Meals
Light Housekeeping
Provide Companionship
Accompany Patient to and from appointments
I worked for some very nice clients! The staff is nice, too!
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2014
Pros: i can work at my own pace & the hours were flexible.
Cons: i never worked more than 20 hours a week & received no benefits, no paid time off, it was very unstable.
Every day was different & I worked with so many different clients which made it challenging sometimes. I learned that most people are nice even though they may be going through something that's difficult.
The management was very nice & worked with us whenever possible.
I only met a couple of co-workers, but they were very nice. I would recommend them anytime.
The hardest part of the job was when the clients weren't feeling well or they were depressed about something.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel better when they need it.
aiding clients in personal and companion care
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Dunn, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: i'm learning
Cons: low pay
I work from 7p - 7a. I assist client in preparing for bed; undressing, toileting, walking. If clients isn't in bed upon arrival, I might set out his supper, along with bedtime duties. During the night I would watch and walk along as clients goes to restroom. I did light housework like laundry, dusting sweeping and mopping. Clients are reminded to take meds. I checked vitals. I learned more about patient care through a reading and test program. I pass on concerns with the next helper. I enjoy my day when the client had a good day. Worst part of my day is when the client is confused and I can't help them.
Assisting the elderly
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Iowa City, IADecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was helping the elderly in any daily tasks they needed help with and activities. I learned how to help the enderly with different needs they had versus just one client. Management was great and helpful. Co-workers, I didn't have much interaction with. Hardest part of job was when I was laid off due to not enough clients to service to have job security. The most enjoyable was just helping the elderly.
Worked as a caregiver with each day bringing something new.
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no mileage or gas reimbursement.
I loved taking care of the few patients I worked with while there. I had a family who loved me being their caregiver, so they requested me the days that I did work. It was a very valuable experience working there, however the pay as very low. There were no co-workers really, as I was sent to a site just by myself. The hardest part of the job was working for little money but I was rewarded in the happiness I brought the families I did work with.
Productive Workplace, But No Room to Grow
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2014
Senior Helpers helped me to learn the basic administrative and clerical skills. My co-workers were very efficient. There were never any complaints from clients or employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to build clientele by helping to host business meetings with potential business partners. There was nothing difficult about this job. On a typical day at Senior Helpers, I filed a lot of papers, made a lot of phone calls to verify employee reference verification and helped to build the company's database. I performed other tasks such as cleaning the bathroom, sweeping and mopping floors, and wiping tables. The only issue that I faced being an intern at Senior Helpers was that there was no opportunity for me to grow within the company.
very goood
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Citrus Heights, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people..
Cons: when they pass...my heart breaks..
I love the job I am in..I believe you have to be a giver to be in this industry.. I love to sing with my clients ..It warms their hearts and mine too..
Productive work place little hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Towson, MDNovember 13, 2014
Work closely with the RN in conveying vital information pertaining to clients

• Assist clients with ADL's

• Prepare healthy meals and snacks for clients

• Run errands for and with clients

• Assist clients with house chores

• Accompany clients to Dr. visits