SENIOR HOME CARE

SENIOR HOME CARE Employee Reviews

The placement of personnel could have been better.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and dinner
Cons: Being away from home for long periods of time.
Senior Home Care had a facility in NY, NY and they placed me 3 hours from home in Palisades, NY and I was not too happy about that and this is why I did live in because it was not feasible to commute to work on a daily basis.
My days as a Caregiver....
Caregiver (Former Employee), Lompoc, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: The relationships, the Pay.
Cons: losing a patient, even seeing them going downhill through the process.
Usually there are two to three staffs who rotate from am to pm .Mornings I'd start off by getting my patience up and ready for the day. Next, I would care for my patience needs such as hygiene,
making sure all their vitamins and other medicines were taken, keeping track of their Dr. appointments and their living conditions are well. Working with others was a blast. Especially when I got to hear awesome stories about my patience lives . When my patience wre feeling down, I'd have to make sure I was extra sensitive towards their moods and their state of mind. Over all it was a fulfilling job.
Family Environment
Scheduling Coordinator/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 27, 2015
From the first day I worked there I clicked instantly with the office staff and the field staff. I love the people I work with. Everyday we come to work and go above and beyond. We are all doing more than one job but we never complain about it we just do.
Difficulty working with the CFO, however the staff and environment was wonderful.
Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the CFO, however my Team and staff were wonderful! My co-Director's left a little to be desired with their experience in the Home Health industry.
Great support staff, horrible management!!
RN (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the scheduler and intake girl, and the pcc nurses were great!!!
Cons: management, too many patients, too much driving, no training!
They do not care about the patients, they push and push you to take more and more patients and the patients are the ones who suffer! Taking a full time position here will result in non stop paperwork even on the tablet be prepared to be up all night every night documenting! Management does not care or listen when you try to tell them your overwhelmed! They just keep adding to your schedule! The girls in the office that schedule and support staff are all great but the management is seriously lacking! Constant issues with missing pay on your paycheck! Throw you to the wolves with no training! Tell you that your going to be in one territory and send you everywhere from Bonita to Lehigh to Alva!!! If its your weekend on you WILL work 7 days straight! On call?? Be prepared to answer phone calls at all hours of the night and your held accountable for calls you don't answer at 2 am!! This company made me never want to work in home health again!
Teamwork made fun....
Director of Operations or Branch Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: teamwork and collaboration between coworkers
Cons: rapid changes in the company with acquisitions of other agencies
We work with team spirit making it fun to work under my leadership. Everyones goal is for thier coworker to succeed thus the company is the ultimate winner. The staff is truely a caring staff from the office personel to the bedside nurse and everyone is recognized for thier exceptional customer service.
Not recommended
Business/Medical Office Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 24, 2014
Cons: too many to list
This agency does not promote within, they do not value your talents. They want people to do what they are told to do and corporate does all the thinking and direction. It is not a learning agency. No loyalty to employees.
Productive and fun
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: getting to know my clients
Cons: watching them get sicker
I miss this job I loved taking care of my clients before they passed away they was great people . I worked with three other ladies that were very nice and helped me out a lot. the hardest part of my job was watching these two people I came to love slowing become people no one knew . the most enjoyable part was sitting up and listening to there stories before the both became very ill
Great place to work that encouraged personal growth and advancement
Centralized Insurance Specialist Lead (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Management always available when assistance required to fulfill job requirements and team goals.
payroll/assistant
Administrative Assistant/Payroll (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 19, 2014
I've learned how to problem solve at a faster rate than what i was use to. helping and understanding patients and employees on an everyday basis. i have been trained to do every position in my company just in case someone goes on vacation or is off i can takeover.
Never fully staffed, incompatant managers & awful pay!!!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), MichiganAugust 4, 2014
Very high turn over rate for employees!! Not paid nearly enough for the amount of work you are required to do and definitely not appreciated for all your hard work. Certain workers are favored over others and get away with making med errors and neglect residents and when you show concern to management it falls on deaf ears.
Was able to learn a lot about home health care
Data (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pleasent environment
Cons: the downsized
Loved the people I worked with. It was a friendly enviornment. My boss was very helpful.
Very loving environment
Companionship (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: holiday parties was the best.
Cons: finding your replacement.
I love working for this company. They showed love and compassion not only to their clients, but their employees as well. I had the chance to meet some of the most amazing people ever. Taking care of the clients was the main goal and making life better for the families I met. The caregiver managers went far and above to help both caregiver and client when concerns came about. Job well done! The fairness was awesome and never a complaint filed. The hardest part of the job was seeing the client suffer with the present condition that pledges the loneliness the families had to endure for the most part. The life change that took a hold on their love one was no longer able to communicate with the families. The most enjoyable part about working with this company was meeting the people living with dementia and realizing, all hope weren't gone but these people can still live a normal life. Senior Care made families feel more at ease in their decision of letting outside sources feel the gap of caring for their love one. This company i would recommend to anyone looking for caring Caregivers to supply the needs of their love ones.
great place to work
Community Development Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: managers weak
Moved to another city and could not transfer with this company or I would have.
Very Ungrateful!!!
Case Manager (Former Employee), Mandeville,LaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed my co-workers.
Cons: everything else
Very ungrateful for everything you do. I was there 2 years and most of the time didn't have another nurse in the office because they would fire the director if they felt they were not making the company enough money or if the wrong person didn't like them because it's all about who's butt you kiss!! I did everything and never got any appreciation from anyone I guess they think paying me was enough. Never met anyone from corporate because they probably didn't even know we existed unless we were not making them enough money. It's all about the money not about the patients. Then the kicker at the end was when I resigned the person that was hired to take my spot that I trained starting off making more than I did and wasn't a nurse as long as I was...WOW
Fun Workplace
Caregiver (non-medical) (Former Employee), Raymond, NHSeptember 19, 2013
I liked this job because I was able to make a difference in people's lives, by helping where needed.
unorginized company
Caregiver (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJuly 2, 2013
Enjoyed meeting the patients needs and companionship. management very unorganized,did not compensate for all hours worked!
A nightmare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJune 18, 2013
Cons: embarrassing to say you work there
I worked for this company for more than 5 years. In the beginning it was a great place to work, but when management changed so did the environment we worked in. It became more and more like working for a retail office, constantly being pushed to raise our census, keep patients even though their goals for discharge were met and admit any referral whether they met home health criteria or not. We worked long hours in the field traveling bizarre amounts of miles to see patients, covering vast amount of territory,. No organization and no one working there is happy.
It was a great experience to work for SHC.
Doc Analyst, DOCS, DO, and Clinic Resource Mgr. (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLJune 13, 2013
Pros: many positive things
Cons: lack of effective communciation between coprporate and the branches
Review POC's, review OASIS Assessments, review schedules, supervise clinicians, participate in the ADR/RAC process, responsible for PI/QA and educating to improve Outcomes and Process Measures. As Director of Operations oversaw and managed an annual budget of over 2 million dollars, with end of episode HHRG score average of $3200+.The learning occurred was priceless- Corporate sponsored OASIS and Coding Conferences with on-going training, opportunity for growth with 2 promotions that included the responsibility of managing 30+ plus clinicians with over a 2 million dollar annual budget, learning to look at all facts, situations, and the "bigger picture" before making a decision. With HCS-D certification, it allowed me the opportunity to have a hands on influence over revenue, and one of my passions is the ability to share the knowledge I have of the Medi-Care regs, OASIS guidelines, and coding tips. The hardest/most uncomfortable part of any job is terminating an employee. I enjoyed the majority of my co-workers and making an office run by focusing on the contributions we each made. The majority of Corporate management just want to educate/share the knowledge they possess to help provide the best quality care to our patients and their significant people. I worked under one director, who at the closing of every morning meeting wanted each staff member to share anything they were grateful for, casual Friday's, and homemade Friday morning breakfasts! Achieving Employee of the Year 2010 was an honor.
Company is being sold - many changes
Regional (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2013
Sales rules the company, operational managment is secondary. Patient care is being affected.

June 17, 2013

Who is buying? Haven't heard anything in the Jax area.