SENIOR HOME CARE

SENIOR HOME CARE Employee Reviews in United States

average
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 16, 2015
typical home care agency. with a better than average computer system all paperwork was on a tablet or phone that worked rather well albeit a tad redundant, but most medicare paperwork is. work experience was nice before they were bought out by kindred.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
bought out by kindred
Great place to work for!
resident assistant/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MINovember 6, 2015
This is a nice place to work for. I take great care of my residents, I help them get ready for the day, and give them showers if they need one or want one. I assist with medication administration. I also give subcutaneous injections and check blood glucose level.
My days as a Caregiver....
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 21, 2015
Usually there are two to three staffs who rotate from am to pm .Mornings I'd start off by getting my patience up and ready for the day. Next, I would care for my patience needs such as hygiene,
making sure all their vitamins and other medicines were taken, keeping track of their Dr. appointments and their living conditions are well. Working with others was a blast. Especially when I got to hear awesome stories about my patience lives . When my patience wre feeling down, I'd have to make sure I was extra sensitive towards their moods and their state of mind. Over all it was a fulfilling job.
Pros
The relationships, the Pay.
Cons
losing a patient, even seeing them going downhill through the process.
The placement of personnel could have been better.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 22, 2015
Senior Home Care had a facility in NY, NY and they placed me 3 hours from home in Palisades, NY and I was not too happy about that and this is why I did live in because it was not feasible to commute to work on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Being away from home for long periods of time.
Family Environment
Scheduling Coordinator/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 27, 2015
From the first day I worked there I clicked instantly with the office staff and the field staff. I love the people I work with. Everyday we come to work and go above and beyond. We are all doing more than one job but we never complain about it we just do.
Teamwork made fun....
Director of Operations or Branch Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
We work with team spirit making it fun to work under my leadership. Everyones goal is for thier coworker to succeed thus the company is the ultimate winner. The staff is truely a caring staff from the office personel to the bedside nurse and everyone is recognized for thier exceptional customer service.
Pros
teamwork and collaboration between coworkers
Cons
rapid changes in the company with acquisitions of other agencies
helpful office staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
One of the only companies I worked for that was very helpful to help resolve issues for the field staff. Things got handled very quickly.
Productive and fun
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 10, 2014
I miss this job I loved taking care of my clients before they passed away they was great people . I worked with three other ladies that were very nice and helped me out a lot. the hardest part of my job was watching these two people I came to love slowing become people no one knew . the most enjoyable part was sitting up and listening to there stories before the both became very ill
Pros
getting to know my clients
Cons
watching them get sicker
Difficulty working with the CFO, however the staff and environment was wonderful.
Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the CFO, however my Team and staff were wonderful! My co-Director's left a little to be desired with their experience in the Home Health industry.
Never fully staffed, incompatant managers & awful pay!!!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 4, 2014
Very high turn over rate for employees!! Not paid nearly enough for the amount of work you are required to do and definitely not appreciated for all your hard work. Certain workers are favored over others and get away with making med errors and neglect residents and when you show concern to management it falls on deaf ears.
A nightmare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaJune 18, 2013
I worked for this company for more than 5 years. In the beginning it was a great place to work, but when management changed so did the environment we worked in. It became more and more like working for a retail office, constantly being pushed to raise our census, keep patients even though their goals for discharge were met and admit any referral whether they met home health criteria or not. We worked long hours in the field traveling bizarre amounts of miles to see patients, covering vast amount of territory,. No organization and no one working there is happy.
Cons
embarrassing to say you work there
Do not waste your time.
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 4, 2013
Management was changed and they are clueless . Regular office staff ran circles around management Management is a big joke Just a warm body for State to see if they walk in. . Profit is the main concern . Top priority is not the client it is profit. They over load all staff office / filed staff. RN staff is always changing revolving door.If you done a favor once whether office staff /field staff then you owned it .
Pros
was paid for over time since over loaded
Cons
management is a joke . clueless!!!!!
horrible work experience..poor management. no support, complete disorganization. the worst home health company EVER!! THE WORST JOB EVER!! BAD BAD
NURSE (Former Employee) –  FLORIDAJanuary 9, 2013
The worst home health company ever! Clueless, incompetent..Will work you to death while office staff do nothing! Work 7 days a week 14 hours a day..No overtime! Currently in legal battle re wage and labor violation! Stay away from this place..You will be forced to lie on documentation. Per patient care. Horrible staff!! Bad bad bad...Avoid!
Pros
zero!!!!
Compassionate and caring company
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Pennsburg, PAAugust 20, 2012
We take pride in giving clients the special care they need. Not only do we have the education but we also have the compassionate experience to give your loved ones the love they need. There are many companies that are out there that advertise there services. However the people they hire to take care of your loved ones do not have the comapssionate or education we call for our employees to have.
Very Ungrateful!!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandeville,LaSeptember 22, 2013
Very ungrateful for everything you do. I was there 2 years and most of the time didn't have another nurse in the office because they would fire the director if they felt they were not making the company enough money or if the wrong person didn't like them because it's all about who's butt you kiss!! I did everything and never got any appreciation from anyone I guess they think paying me was enough. Never met anyone from corporate because they probably didn't even know we existed unless we were not making them enough money. It's all about the money not about the patients. Then the kicker at the end was when I resigned the person that was hired to take my spot that I trained starting off making more than I did and wasn't a nurse as long as I was...WOW
Pros
i enjoyed my co-workers.
Cons
everything else
Family friendly company and very understanding of life outside of work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 7, 2012
My day consisted of following up on all outstanding orders, filing, data entry, and answering the phones. I learned how to take on many tasks and adapted to several system changes and relocation. Management and co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of my job was knowing that the fluctuation of the patient census was a determining factor to keeping the office fully staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when outstanding orders were received in from our physicians. It was always a good feeling to see our outstanding orders list go down.
Pros
family oriented company, one hour lunches, great people to work with.
Cons
uncontrollable patient census makes working with a home health agency very scary.
Do not waste your time office staff or feild staff
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 1, 2013
Working for this company I have seen and heard alot . Main things they keep people who dont do there job correctly,and fly by the seat of their pants,and lie like no other and the staff in office and in feild who work hard just get more of a work load . Patients are the top priority NOT true Profit is there Top priority.They limit vs for nursing so profit is made . .The less work you do and not be a team player you are the apple in there eye even if you sleep at your desk . What a joke . Turn over is HUGHE. They take cases they can not even staff . RN 's come and go revolving door Not good for patients Dr 's give commercail ins to this agency and medicare pt to the other agencies .What a joke.SMH .
Pros
was paid for lunch since i was overloaded with work
Cons
more work same pay no appreciation
Not recommended
Business/Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 24, 2014
This agency does not promote within, they do not value your talents. They want people to do what they are told to do and corporate does all the thinking and direction. It is not a learning agency. No loyalty to employees.
Cons
too many to list
Bad place to work
HHA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota,FLNovember 19, 2012
These people are a joke. First of all, they do not keep you busy and on top of all of that. They play favorite, unfair and rude. I did not like the company nor the people that worked there. You stay for hours doing paperwork and at the end. They do not bother calling you for work. The worst people I have met, unprofessional and could care or less about employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they never have work.
Great support staff, horrible management!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 10, 2015
They do not care about the patients, they push and push you to take more and more patients and the patients are the ones who suffer! Taking a full time position here will result in non stop paperwork even on the tablet be prepared to be up all night every night documenting! Management does not care or listen when you try to tell them your overwhelmed! They just keep adding to your schedule! The girls in the office that schedule and support staff are all great but the management is seriously lacking! Constant issues with missing pay on your paycheck! Throw you to the wolves with no training! Tell you that your going to be in one territory and send you everywhere from Bonita to Lehigh to Alva!!! If its your weekend on you WILL work 7 days straight! On call?? Be prepared to answer phone calls at all hours of the night and your held accountable for calls you don't answer at 2 am!! This company made me never want to work in home health again!
Pros
the scheduler and intake girl, and the pcc nurses were great!!!
Cons
management, too many patients, too much driving, no training!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SENIOR HOME CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9