SENIOR HOME CARE Employee Reviews

Great place
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work and learn new things. Great for career advancements and lots of knowledge to learn. Very laid hack and I just loved the people. They became family.
December 30, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

didn't work long enough to for opinion
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I had a very poor supervisor and that's why I didn't stay long
Do not have too many opinions
Staff was cut throat
Too competitive
no other information
September 16, 2017

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Awesome Place
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
Worked with a disabled patient after back surgery, administered medications, took patient to doctor appointments, prepared meals and assisted with bed bath.
June 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

pacific place
Senior Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJune 6, 2017
Entrusted to care and meet the needs of the elderly.
Handle money to perform groceries and other purchases. Senior care, companionship responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the of the job is that the seniors become your "family". Very nice environment
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas bonus
Cons
Minimum wage, no much growing opportunity
June 9, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

The whole team worked very well together for well rounded care for the patient.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLJune 2, 2017
I loved going into homes and helping people. Had the best supervisor and the whole team worked very well. The doctors we worked with trusted our observations and opinions. It all around was a win win for the patients. I enjoyed educating the patients and most were very receptive.
June 9, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re on our team.

Too many staff turnovers
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2017
They were bought out by kindred. I never knew what part of the 5 counties I would be working in, and the pt load wasn't consistent. The staff was nice, and worked well together
Great Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 11, 2017
Data entry job, repetitive work, SHC was always a great company to work for, we were a big corporation but still felt small enough that we were family.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
strictly data entry job
Love my job, co-workers and most of all my residents
Lead Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, miOctober 26, 2016
I love my job here. It's taught me a lot of things needed to further my role as the lead Resident assistant. They have great management and they know their jobs well and are caring towards our residents.
Fun workplace
Account Manager/Home Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 28, 2016
I learned so much while in this position here. Lots of the legalities of the healthcare industry and what our clinicians were required to have in order to work for us. I enjoyed traveling with the company to help educate different offices.
Pros
Felt like I made a difference
Cons
Salary capped out
enjoyed the autonomy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 20, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed taking care of patients in their own surroundings and preventing re-hospitalizations through education.

Want to know more about SENIOR HOME CARE?

Ask a question
average
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 16, 2015
typical home care agency. with a better than average computer system all paperwork was on a tablet or phone that worked rather well albeit a tad redundant, but most medicare paperwork is. work experience was nice before they were bought out by kindred.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
bought out by kindred
Great place to work for!
resident assistant/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MINovember 6, 2015
This is a nice place to work for. I take great care of my residents, I help them get ready for the day, and give them showers if they need one or want one. I assist with medication administration. I also give subcutaneous injections and check blood glucose level.
helpful office staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
One of the only companies I worked for that was very helpful to help resolve issues for the field staff. Things got handled very quickly.
The placement of personnel could have been better.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 22, 2015
Senior Home Care had a facility in NY, NY and they placed me 3 hours from home in Palisades, NY and I was not too happy about that and this is why I did live in because it was not feasible to commute to work on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Being away from home for long periods of time.
My days as a Caregiver....
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 21, 2015
Usually there are two to three staffs who rotate from am to pm .Mornings I'd start off by getting my patience up and ready for the day. Next, I would care for my patience needs such as hygiene,
making sure all their vitamins and other medicines were taken, keeping track of their Dr. appointments and their living conditions are well. Working with others was a blast. Especially when I got to hear awesome stories about my patience lives . When my patience wre feeling down, I'd have to make sure I was extra sensitive towards their moods and their state of mind. Over all it was a fulfilling job.
Pros
The relationships, the Pay.
Cons
losing a patient, even seeing them going downhill through the process.
Family Environment
Scheduling Coordinator/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 27, 2015
From the first day I worked there I clicked instantly with the office staff and the field staff. I love the people I work with. Everyday we come to work and go above and beyond. We are all doing more than one job but we never complain about it we just do.
Difficulty working with the CFO, however the staff and environment was wonderful.
Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the CFO, however my Team and staff were wonderful! My co-Director's left a little to be desired with their experience in the Home Health industry.
Great support staff, horrible management!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 10, 2015
They do not care about the patients, they push and push you to take more and more patients and the patients are the ones who suffer! Taking a full time position here will result in non stop paperwork even on the tablet be prepared to be up all night every night documenting! Management does not care or listen when you try to tell them your overwhelmed! They just keep adding to your schedule! The girls in the office that schedule and support staff are all great but the management is seriously lacking! Constant issues with missing pay on your paycheck! Throw you to the wolves with no training! Tell you that your going to be in one territory and send you everywhere from Bonita to Lehigh to Alva!!! If its your weekend on you WILL work 7 days straight! On call?? Be prepared to answer phone calls at all hours of the night and your held accountable for calls you don't answer at 2 am!! This company made me never want to work in home health again!
Pros
The scheduler and intake girl, and the PCC nurses were great!!!
Cons
management, too many patients, too much driving, no training!
Teamwork made fun....
Director of Operations or Branch Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
We work with team spirit making it fun to work under my leadership. Everyones goal is for thier coworker to succeed thus the company is the ultimate winner. The staff is truely a caring staff from the office personel to the bedside nurse and everyone is recognized for thier exceptional customer service.
Pros
teamwork and collaboration between coworkers
Cons
rapid changes in the company with acquisitions of other agencies
Not recommended
Business/Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 24, 2014
This agency does not promote within, they do not value your talents. They want people to do what they are told to do and corporate does all the thinking and direction. It is not a learning agency. No loyalty to employees.
Pros
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SENIOR HOME CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9