Senior Life Services

Senior Life Services Employee Reviews in United States

Motivational!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 7, 2016
At Senior Life Services you don’t feel like you’re just another agent in some big company. Joining Senior Life Services was probably one of the smartest decisions I made for myself and my family. It’s a great feeling to wake up in the morning and be excited to go to work.
Motivation starts from the top at this agency and it is very inspiring. Every day you strive to do your best make your family proud and at SLS it never goes unnoticed.
New Year, New beginnings!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorndale, PAFebruary 15, 2016
I just started with Senior Life Services in January and I feel like a new person! Usually when you start a job you’re a little nervous cause you don’t know if you’ll do the job right, with SLS I gained some quality training and I feel like I’ve been selling my whole life! I wake up every day excited to work and SLS is the only place that has done that for me! If you want a job that you love and make awesome money at the same time, there is no place like SLS.
Cons
Very good company to work for
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 7, 2015
Seeing clients and helping them save money on health benefits like prescriptions, medical, dental, vision, etc. Selling process for life insurance is very easy to follow and very successful.
Extraordinary Training-Very Excited!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2015
I just wanted you and staff to know that we were floored! You all truly delivered an extraordinary training program for us! So professional, organized and informative. Every session was orchestrated with precision and expertise, yet all of the team contributed in a wonderful way.
The hotel was excellent- beautiful, clean with excellent service. I want to thank you so much I think I can honestly speak for my dear friend and classmate. We really grew from those 3 ½ days of training! Hats off to all the trainers. I am so glad to be a part of this new family- I can truly say, I (we) were at the right place at the right time. Thank you so very much!
The best move I ever made
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
I have been with SLS for 3 years and I have to say, they have been the best years of my life! I’m glad I’ve stayed through thick and thin. I’m earning more than I ever have, and my future looks even brighter! If you’re looking to make the right career move, you absolutely cannot beat SLS.
Pros
Everything, Leads, Staff, Management Team, Incentives, Ect.
Cons
None.
Training Class
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2015
I just joined Senior Life Services. I went to their training class in Florida and let me tell you it was first class. The trip was fantastic and the training was to the point and very useful. They provide you with leads while you’re there so you can hit the ground running.
Pros
Great training and management.
Cons
Great training and management.
The SLS Home Office!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 3, 2014
There are so many posts from SLS agents, which is awesome; however, I feel like it is now time for someone to post about being a staff member at the home office.

I started working for the Senior Life Services’ home office less than a year ago and I have never been happier. My first day, I was welcomed in as a member of the SLS family not only by my fellow colleagues, but also by the agents as well. Our agents are extremely ethical and really do care about everyone at the home office and our hard work. I feel that I am valued member of the SLS family and that the agents and clients appreciate all that I do for them. It is very important to me that I make a difference if people’s lives and now that I am at SLS, I feel like I am every day.
Pros
positive work environment, compensation, bonuses, incentives
Great move to a great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2015
I have been with Senior Life Services for 3 years and I have to say, they have been the best years of my life! I’m glad I’ve stayed through thick and thin. I’m earning more than I ever have, and my future looks even brighter! If you’re looking to make the right career move, you absolutely cannot beat Senior Life Services.
Pros
Convention, Challenges, Great future
Eh
Licensed Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 7, 2015
Was a wonderful place to work for just not for me. There should be a minimum or base pay so there's some guarantee of pay. Cannot live on a maybe paycheck. If there was a sale made, there's no guarantee that the customer wouldn't cancel the plan.
Excellent compensation
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 8, 2013
I spend my day in my car traveling from one appointment to the next. There is minimal contact with co-workers. I report daily to management. The hardest part of the job is revealing that my true purpose for the visit is to sell life insurance, since we use free prescription benefits to open the door. I enjoy the autonomy of this job because I have always worked best when I am free to solve problems.
Pros
compensation
Cons
company sales practices
Making Money and Having Fun!
Life Insurance Agent/Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2014
I am a “been there done that agent!” I’ve bought bad leads for big bucks and driven all over the state for the same bad leads! I’ve sold mortgage protection, MA, health, annuities, blah…blah. Finally after 15 years in the business I have found an amazing home at SLS! The leads are free, commission is awesome and the benefits are super! The best part is that I’m not only making great money but I’m having fun too! Yeah!
Pros
free leads, amazing training and benefits, company atmosphere
Cons
a lot of work but well worth the effort.
Three Words: Dream Come True
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South Field, MIMay 28, 2014
SLS has truly been a dream come true. Now that I have joined Senior Life Services, I am actually able to provide for my family and give my children the life I never had growing up. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have to work extremely hard for it. I work my behind off! But if you follow the SLS system and work hard, you get to live your dream.
Pros
leads, compensation, incentives
One is a million
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grandveiw MOOctober 12, 2015
Each and every day we are there to help people. We have the BEST products to help the most customers, including our exclusive product line. Helping seniors and making an impact is one of the greatest things about this job. Senior Life Services is one in a million; I could never imagine working with another agency!
Pros
Everything is great at SLS!
Cons
N/A
Helping People each and every day
Sales Exec....soon to be management (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 23, 2012
From the first day of training to today, each and every day our work is to help people. The comraderie from management to make sure you are access is immeasurable to other companies I had worked for. Every team member and manager is personally responsible to give you the all the tools for success. The systematic presentation is true-tested by field agents whom are now managers and know what it takes to be a success. Each and every member can and will become management material from day one. Hard work is expected to start off but being frank, it gets a WHOLE lot easier after a few months.

I have worked where leads are "given" and ones you pay for? The leads that come from SLS are ones where the potential client SPECIFICALLY requested our information. Not only does that make it easier to approach, there are very little objections to overcome. The best is they are 100% free and are consistent around your area.

The numbers of seniors coming into the market is where I want to be and where I need to be in the future. Work benefits going down, each and every contact SLS puts you in front of can help the household which makes SLS the way of the future. Helping people each and every day.
Pros
comarderie, proven successful tools, plenty of leads that will keep you busy.
Cons
hard work, and not difficult.
The SLS Facts
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
I have been an agent, now manager, for 1 ½ years. This is all I need to say: great leads, even better compensation, awesome perks, ethical agency, excellent management. Oh and I can’t forget the beautiful trips you get to take.
Pros
compensation, leads, etc.
Great Managers
Sales Respresentatitve (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2015
When I first started at Senior Life Services, I was a little nervous that I wasn’t going to be prepared for what was coming my way. Management was awesome right away; my manager spent quality time with me and took me field training, not only before training class but also continuously after to make sure I was always on target. You never feel as if you are being left behind, the managers at SLS really do care about their agents and clients.
Pros
a career opportunity, not just a job
Cons
commission only
Best Leads in the Business
Sales Respresentatitve (Former Employee) –  Roanoke RapidsMarch 3, 2015
I’ve been in life insurance for about 35 years. I’ve been independent, I’ve worked for career companies, I’ve worked for new agencies (less than 5 years old), and everything in between. I know from experience that any company that wants to sell you leads so that you can sell their insurance is making pure profit for the agency on both ends, while taking no risk as the company. I was sick and tired of having to buy leads to make a living before I joined SLS. To be frank, I only joined SLS for the lead program. Best decision I ever made. Best leads I’ve ever worked. Best pay I’ve ever earned. Best place to be in final expense. I know, I have experience with the rest.
Pros
best leads
Cons
no tv commercials yet
Caring, Compasionate, Agency
Retired agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2013
As a retired agent from SLS I had many years of rewarding, fun filled work. I have worked for many larger companies, but never one that was more concerned about my success. If you expect someone to hold your hand and lead you every step of the way through your day, this is not the place for you. If you don't mind working for a living, following a proven effective process, can follow direction, and most of all you're ethical, there is no better place to work. My wife and I are enjoying retirement, traveling and loving life, and we receive a check every month from my renewal account. Thanks to SLS we are enjoying our golden years. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a great career with a great company.
Pros
free leads, great training
Cons
must work hard

Comment – March 23, 2013

Wow, congratulations!!! I think I've heard, (correct me if I'm wrong), ONE retired from sls in 16-17 yr history. At least you do get renewals. If you don't retire from the FE industry when you leave sls, (like the MAJORITY do), you lose ALL you renewals & months 10, 11, 12 of active business the day you leave. It's in the contract. Even if vested for 3 or more years, you lose it all. Just a suggestion, but if I was looking to make sls my career, it would be very helpful if the (current employee) comments would directly respond to all these seemingly negative facts that the ex-agents are taking time to post. Thanks

Comment – March 29, 2013

The only thing CARING about this agency = is the way that they take very good care of the money that they FAIL to pay you and keep from you per their agent contract. COMPASSIONATE only to the women that they are trying to hook up with. AGENCY.........more like the firm, a cult, or the mob. Once you join, it could be very costly when you try to leave and get the heck out.............

Compassion
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonDecember 30, 2014
I felt compelled to write a review about Senior Life Services based on my experience with the company. I joined about two years ago and immediately received more meaningful training than I had in my previous 15 years in the insurance business. However, tragedy hit my family about 6 months ago and I landed at the lowest emotional state of my life. I wasn't able to work properly for about 2 months and expected to be fired or pressured to go back to work before I was ready. I found out later that I only felt this way because of the way I had been treated by other companies. The leadership at SLS did the opposite. They lifted me up when I was down, encouraged me, stood by me no matter what. These folks care, and sometimes you need that, even in business.
Pros
great training, encouraging, helpful
Cons
none.
Bless SLS
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  OREGONJanuary 6, 2015
Bless SLS!!! I came to work with Senior Life Services after being layed off from Bank of America. I barely had 2 nickels to rub together; I put faith in my manager who trained with me and went to work. I didn’t have the fastest start but after my third week with the company I was already making $1,000+ paychecks. My work/life balance is good too since I am helping seniors and most of them are home during the day. Wishing SLS much success in 2015.
Pros
working with a caring organization that care about its clients.
Cons
: some of the clientele are indigent, good people but can be a challenge to work with.

4.3