Senior Life Services

Senior Life Services Employer Reviews

Fantastic Opportunities
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2014
Anyone looking for a sales position in the final expense life insurance industry should really consider working for Senior Life Services. I have been an agent here since July and I have had more opportunities than any other agency or company I have ever worked for. In the last 5 months I have made a lot of money and plan to make the most I ever made – more... as a life insurance agent. – less
Fast Start Program
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2014
I became an agent with Senior Life Services just over a month ago. What I really liked about my first few weeks here was the Fast Start incentive that starts right after training class. It really got me in gear and was a great tool to get me selling a lot quickly. In just 3 weeks I already got a bonus and recognized for my sales. I also have noticed – more... that everyone in the team around me is making a lot of money, which shows me I made a great decision to join SLS. – less
Supportive Agency
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: supportive environment, free leads, income
I’ve been in the insurance agency for 7 years as an independent agent. I finally decided to jump on board with Senior Life Services 5 month ago because of the support offered by fellow agents and the home office. This support started from the time I was recruited and continues even more today. For 7 years I was the only one who had my back and now I – more... finally feel that other people are looking out for me. – less
Great Company
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Roebuck, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Senior Life Services does what they say they're going to do. I have been with them since May and I worked with another agency before coming here. I, unfortunately, know what a bad opportunity looks like and hearing insurance agencies making false promises about leads. Senior Life Services delivers on what they say they will do. I receive a lead back – more... every single Friday at no cost in an area close to my house. This opportunity it great for the agent who likes selling and helping seniors get life insurance coverage. Lots of contests too!! – less
Leads, Ethics, Income
AGENT (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: leads, ethics, income
Senior Life Services is the only place I have ever worked in insurance where you can have all three and I have 15 years in the business next month.

Leads - Brand New Leads have been provided to me at no cost for over 2 years now. (That is over 100 weeks with out missing even one) Hot leads where people need what we sell.

Ethics - SLS doesn't just – more... have a code of ethics, they enforce it. (That should only worry you if you're unethical)

Income - A lot of companies promise a six figure per year opportunity, but haven't even been in business 1 year yet, so how can they be taken seriously? I didn't make $100,000 my first year, but definitely did in my 2nd year. There are A LOT of agents that earn that and more here.

I'm thankful for the day I landed at Senior Life Services. – less
BEWARE,,,,,BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!!! VERY UNETHICAL!!!!!!!
Final Expense Life Insurance (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of free time
Cons: alot
OLD LEADS AND FEW AT THAT
AGENTS WILL GET OLD FOLKS TO CANCEL OLD POLICIES AND WRITE NEW WITH THEM
THEY SAY,,,,"GET IN THE DOOR WITH FREE PRESCRIPT MEDS",THEN,BAIT AND SWITCH TO BURIAL INSURANCE
NOONE CAN AFFORD IT FROM THE LEADS PROVIDED,DIRT POOR PEOPLE IS WHO THEY PREY ON
DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE AND TIME
THESE OTHER REVIEWS ARE TOTAL BS!!TRUST ME!!
Annual Meetings
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
I have been with Senior Life Services for about 4 months. Since day one, I have been a steady agent on a string making more money than I have in the past but I was still not at the level I wanted to be until I attended my first semi-annual meeting in July.

The meetings are extremely helpful and really set this agency apart from all the rest. You get – more... to hear all the top producers speak and give you helpful advice that you can actually use in the field. The success stories and the strategies to improve yourself personally and professionally were really inspiring. I took extensive notes, spoke to every agent I could – took all that information back home with me and applied it to my daily life. Now I am one of the top producing agents this month! – less
Annual Meetings
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 20, 2014

Comprehensive Training Program
Sales Agent (Current Employee), TexasJuly 3, 2014
I just became a field agent for senior life services and the training class was the most comprehensive program I have ever been to. I have experience with 2 other companies who didn’t offer much training at all, they only gave “webinars” instead. Most agencies don’t even really have a training class but senior life does and it’s pretty great. I learned – more... more sales strategies in 4 days than I ever have. It’s a lot of information to take in and if you’re not ready for it then don’t show up. But if you want the tools to learn and succeed as a sales agent and in life then senior life services is the way to go. To note, in just 3 weeks I have written over $10,000 in A/P and received a $500 bonus on top of that. – less
Typical Insurance Company
Life Insurance Sales Agent and Appointment Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: able to work indipendantly
Cons: commission and ethics portrayed by management to increase sales
Have early morning phone meetings. Make reminder call for next day appointments then hit the road all day. After completing appointments set new appointment for remainder of the week.

As a appointment manager i would check in with all of my agents then begin setting appointment. Continue to set appointments through out the day,arrange special events – more... for Agents and assist them as needed while they were out in the field. Then finally once each agents day was full compile appointment on to spread sheets and send to each agent.

I learned to manage my time and empathy towards people in diverse situations. Learned to manage multiple spread sheets at one time for each specific agent and territory.

The only time we would be with our coworkers would be at weekly meetings. Not much time to get to know others in the business.

Ethics

Being to work on my own and manage my day how I saw fit to get the job done. – less
The SLS Facts
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: compensation, leads, etc.
I have been an agent, now manager, for 1 ½ years. This is all I need to say: great leads, even better compensation, awesome perks, ethical agency, excellent management. Oh and I can’t forget the beautiful trips you get to take.
The SLS Home Office!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, compensation, bonuses, incentives
There are so many posts from SLS agents, which is awesome; however, I feel like it is now time for someone to post about being a staff member at the home office.

I started working for the Senior Life Services’ home office less than a year ago and I have never been happier. My first day, I was welcomed in as a member of the SLS family not only by my – more... fellow colleagues, but also by the agents as well. Our agents are extremely ethical and really do care about everyone at the home office and our hard work. I feel that I am valued member of the SLS family and that the agents and clients appreciate all that I do for them. It is very important to me that I make a difference if people’s lives and now that I am at SLS, I feel like I am every day. – less
Three Words: Dream Come True
Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Field, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: leads, compensation, incentives
SLS has truly been a dream come true. Now that I have joined Senior Life Services, I am actually able to provide for my family and give my children the life I never had growing up. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have to work extremely hard for it. I work my behind off! But if you follow the SLS system and work hard, you get to live your dream.
Promise Land
Agent (Current Employee), FloridaMay 15, 2014
Pros: leads
I've been with SLS just over a year now. I responded to an SLS ad about becoming an agent and when I was first approached by an SLS manager to come work for this company, I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical. I went to training class and the promise almost seemed too good to be true. But, after a year with the company the promise isn't as good as – more... they say, it's BETTER! I am so grateful to be a part of this agency. And because I responded to an SLS ad, I felt compelled to write a review on Indeed telling other agents that are looking for a promise land, SLS is it! – less
An Agency with a Heart
Sales Agent (Current Employee), TexasMay 13, 2014
Pros: too many to list
Cons: that i didn't find this career sooner
I have been in the life insurance business for about 10 years and I can finally say that I have found a home with Senior Life Services. I can go on and on and tell you how fantastic the leads are, how well you are compensated and how great the training is but what really sets SLS apart from most agencies is their kindness and consideration.

SLS treats – more... you like a real live human being, instead of just another agent in their large agency. You are an individual to everyone there and they all want to see you succeed because they realize that their success depends on your success and not the other way around.

The home office really brings this notion of kindness and consideration home. The people that work there literally know every agents name by heart; they love to know how you are doing, how your family is doing and they care when something is wrong. When my father died, not only did I receive a call from the executives but also a card signed by the entire home office. I was also kept on string no questions asked and every time I called in to the office they asked how my family and I were. And to note that is one really cool thing about the agency, you never have to talk to an automated voice message – a human being always answers the phone!

If you want a company that really cares and takes personal interest in you, choose SLS. – less
SLS – AN AMAZING COMPANY WITH AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere, incentives and job mobility
I usually don’t go out of my way to boast about my life but I consider myself to be very fortunate now that I am employed with Senior Life Services. I have been in the life insurance industry for 15 years now and in that time I have never been truly happy with any company until I started with SLS 9 months ago.
What first sold me were the truly talented – more... managers, who wanted me to succeed to my best ability. They would not let me fail and gave me all the right tools to succeed. My fellow agents are very encouraging as well. And due the positive atmosphere, I am now a manager myself and will continue to move up in the company that has so much forward mobility.
The leads are also amazing. Not only are they free but you can receive as many as want, where you want (You can stay within 1 hour from home!). The employees at the home office are incredibly helpful as well. They are there for you all of the time and will assist you in any way they can.
Another awesome perk to SLS is the amazing incentives. In the last 9 months I have won an iPad, over $7,500 in cash, a flat screen and traveled to the Grand Cayman.
However, these opportunities were not just handed to me. I worked extremely hard for them. But working hard for SLS isn’t the same as working for another agency; if you follow the system they give you, you see much more opportunities than you do with other companies. I am truly blessed to be a part of the SLS family. – less
Making Money and Having Fun!
Life Insurance Agent/Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free leads, amazing training and benefits, company atmosphere
Cons: a lot of work but well worth the effort.
I am a “been there done that agent!” I’ve bought bad leads for big bucks and driven all over the state for the same bad leads! I’ve sold mortgage protection, MA, health, annuities, blah…blah. Finally after 15 years in the business I have found an amazing home at SLS! The leads are free, commission is awesome and the benefits are super! The best part – more... is that I’m not only making great money but I’m having fun too! Yeah! – less
Excellent compensation
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVNovember 8, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: company sales practices
I spend my day in my car traveling from one appointment to the next. There is minimal contact with co-workers. I report daily to management. The hardest part of the job is revealing that my true purpose for the visit is to sell life insurance, since we use free prescription benefits to open the door. I enjoy the autonomy of this job because I have always – more... worked best when I am free to solve problems. – less
Amazing Experience at Senior Life Services!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2013
My experience at Senior Life Services has been tremendous. Overall, I would give my experience at 9 out of 10! The training, leads and support are especially strong.

I have to admit, I was not sold on the commission structure at first; it seemed a bit low. However, I am now making twice as much money this year than last year when I had a bigger commission – more... percentage. If you are wondering about the one point deduction, it is related to the market rather than the company.

I love what I do at Senior Life Services and I love the company. Every person I meet is genuine and sincere. The managers are great. In fact, we have a training call with them every morning in order to pick up some great tactics and strategies.

Working with Seniors can be a tad depressing, especially when you see cases of abandonment or abuse. Sometimes the neighborhoods they reside in can be rough, but I always leave my territory by sundown and have not had any problems.

All in all, my experience at Senior Life Services is great. I would recommend working here to anyone. Not only do you help many families; but also, you can make a very good living. – less
productive fun workplace
Liscence Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: helpful nice people
Cons: low income
meet with seniors in their homes learned different plans to offer outdoors educating seniors on their policies

About Senior Life Services

Senior Life Services, a large National independent insurance agency. Florida Insurance Services, Inc., the parent company – Read more