Senior Life Services

Senior Life Services Employee Reviews

Great Managers
Sales Respresentatitve (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: a career opportunity, not just a job
Cons: commission only
When I first started at Senior Life Services, I was a little nervous that I wasn’t going to be prepared for what was coming my way. Management was awesome right away; my manager spent quality time with me and took me field training, not only before training class but also continuously after to make sure I was always on target. You never feel as if you are being left behind, the managers at SLS really do care about their agents and clients.
Best Leads in the Business
Sales Respresentatitve (Former Employee), Roanoke RapidsMarch 3, 2015
Pros: best leads
Cons: no tv commercials yet
I’ve been in life insurance for about 35 years. I’ve been independent, I’ve worked for career companies, I’ve worked for new agencies (less than 5 years old), and everything in between. I know from experience that any company that wants to sell you leads so that you can sell their insurance is making pure profit for the agency on both ends, while taking no risk as the company. I was sick and tired of having to buy leads to make a living before I joined SLS. To be frank, I only joined SLS for the lead program. Best decision I ever made. Best leads I’ve ever worked. Best pay I’ve ever earned. Best place to be in final expense. I know, I have experience with the rest.
When You Decide To Get Serious
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: a chance at an actual career with big earnings
Cons: n/a
I had moved around from company to company, agency to agency, and broker to broker before I decided to get serious and settle on working with the best agency in the final expense business. I now have been in the business for 15 years, but just earned more in my 1st year with SLS than I earned in any single year before joining. Forget about all of these independent contract offers anybody can get, work for a company that only wants you to sell but does everything else for you.
Just a Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 9, 2015
Cons: none.
I’m going to make this simple: Senior Life Services is just a good company to work for. Why? Because they make your life as a sales agent that much easier. Two of my favorite parts of being an agent for SLS is that I always have good leads and they are free! Also, the home office team is really helpful in assisting with new and existing clients and well as keeping clients.
Bless SLS
Sales Agent (Former Employee), OREGONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working with a caring organization that care about its clients.
Cons: : some of the clientele are indigent, good people but can be a challenge to work with.
Bless SLS!!! I came to work with Senior Life Services after being layed off from Bank of America. I barely had 2 nickels to rub together; I put faith in my manager who trained with me and went to work. I didn’t have the fastest start but after my third week with the company I was already making $1,000+ paychecks. My work/life balance is good too since I am helping seniors and most of them are home during the day. Wishing SLS much success in 2015.
Compassion
Sales Agent (Former Employee), ArizonDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great training, encouraging, helpful
Cons: none.
I felt compelled to write a review about Senior Life Services based on my experience with the company. I joined about two years ago and immediately received more meaningful training than I had in my previous 15 years in the insurance business. However, tragedy hit my family about 6 months ago and I landed at the lowest emotional state of my life. I wasn't able to work properly for about 2 months and expected to be fired or pressured to go back to work before I was ready. I found out later that I only felt this way because of the way I had been treated by other companies. The leadership at SLS did the opposite. They lifted me up when I was down, encouraged me, stood by me no matter what. These folks care, and sometimes you need that, even in business.
Fantastic Opportunities
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2014
Anyone looking for a sales position in the final expense life insurance industry should really consider working for Senior Life Services. I have been an agent here since July and I have had more opportunities than any other agency or company I have ever worked for. In the last 5 months I have made a lot of money and plan to make the most I ever made as a life insurance agent.
Fast Start Program
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2014
I became an agent with Senior Life Services just over a month ago. What I really liked about my first few weeks here was the Fast Start incentive that starts right after training class. It really got me in gear and was a great tool to get me selling a lot quickly. In just 3 weeks I already got a bonus and recognized for my sales. I also have noticed that everyone in the team around me is making a lot of money, which shows me I made a great decision to join SLS.
Supportive Agency
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: supportive environment, free leads, income
I’ve been in the insurance agency for 7 years as an independent agent. I finally decided to jump on board with Senior Life Services 5 month ago because of the support offered by fellow agents and the home office. This support started from the time I was recruited and continues even more today. For 7 years I was the only one who had my back and now I finally feel that other people are looking out for me.
Great Company
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Roebuck, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Senior Life Services does what they say they're going to do. I have been with them since May and I worked with another agency before coming here. I, unfortunately, know what a bad opportunity looks like and hearing insurance agencies making false promises about leads. Senior Life Services delivers on what they say they will do. I receive a lead back every single Friday at no cost in an area close to my house. This opportunity it great for the agent who likes selling and helping seniors get life insurance coverage. Lots of contests too!!
Leads, Ethics, Income
AGENT (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: leads, ethics, income
Senior Life Services is the only place I have ever worked in insurance where you can have all three and I have 15 years in the business next month.

Leads - Brand New Leads have been provided to me at no cost for over 2 years now. (That is over 100 weeks with out missing even one) Hot leads where people need what we sell.

Ethics - SLS doesn't just have a code of ethics, they enforce it. (That should only worry you if you're unethical)

Income - A lot of companies promise a six figure per year opportunity, but haven't even been in business 1 year yet, so how can they be taken seriously? I didn't make $100,000 my first year, but definitely did in my 2nd year. There are A LOT of agents that earn that and more here.

I'm thankful for the day I landed at Senior Life Services.
BEWARE,,,,,BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!!! VERY UNETHICAL!!!!!!!
Final Expense Life Insurance (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of free time
Cons: alot
OLD LEADS AND FEW AT THAT
AGENTS WILL GET OLD FOLKS TO CANCEL OLD POLICIES AND WRITE NEW WITH THEM
THEY SAY,,,,"GET IN THE DOOR WITH FREE PRESCRIPT MEDS",THEN,BAIT AND SWITCH TO BURIAL INSURANCE
NOONE CAN AFFORD IT FROM THE LEADS PROVIDED,DIRT POOR PEOPLE IS WHO THEY PREY ON
DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE AND TIME
THESE OTHER REVIEWS ARE TOTAL BS!!TRUST ME!!
Annual Meetings
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
I have been with Senior Life Services for about 4 months. Since day one, I have been a steady agent on a string making more money than I have in the past but I was still not at the level I wanted to be until I attended my first semi-annual meeting in July.

The meetings are extremely helpful and really set this agency apart from all the rest. You get to hear all the top producers speak and give you helpful advice that you can actually use in the field. The success stories and the strategies to improve yourself personally and professionally were really inspiring. I took extensive notes, spoke to every agent I could – took all that information back home with me and applied it to my daily life. Now I am one of the top producing agents this month!
Annual Meetings
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 20, 2014

Comprehensive Training Program
Sales Agent (Current Employee), TexasJuly 3, 2014
I just became a field agent for senior life services and the training class was the most comprehensive program I have ever been to. I have experience with 2 other companies who didn’t offer much training at all, they only gave “webinars” instead. Most agencies don’t even really have a training class but senior life does and it’s pretty great. I learned more sales strategies in 4 days than I ever have. It’s a lot of information to take in and if you’re not ready for it then don’t show up. But if you want the tools to learn and succeed as a sales agent and in life then senior life services is the way to go. To note, in just 3 weeks I have written over $10,000 in A/P and received a $500 bonus on top of that.
Typical Insurance Company
Life Insurance Sales Agent and Appointment Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: able to work indipendantly
Cons: commission and ethics portrayed by management to increase sales
Have early morning phone meetings. Make reminder call for next day appointments then hit the road all day. After completing appointments set new appointment for remainder of the week.

As a appointment manager i would check in with all of my agents then begin setting appointment. Continue to set appointments through out the day,arrange special events for Agents and assist them as needed while they were out in the field. Then finally once each agents day was full compile appointment on to spread sheets and send to each agent.

I learned to manage my time and empathy towards people in diverse situations. Learned to manage multiple spread sheets at one time for each specific agent and territory.

The only time we would be with our coworkers would be at weekly meetings. Not much time to get to know others in the business.

Ethics

Being to work on my own and manage my day how I saw fit to get the job done.
The SLS Facts
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: compensation, leads, etc.
I have been an agent, now manager, for 1 ½ years. This is all I need to say: great leads, even better compensation, awesome perks, ethical agency, excellent management. Oh and I can’t forget the beautiful trips you get to take.
The SLS Home Office!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, compensation, bonuses, incentives
There are so many posts from SLS agents, which is awesome; however, I feel like it is now time for someone to post about being a staff member at the home office.

I started working for the Senior Life Services’ home office less than a year ago and I have never been happier. My first day, I was welcomed in as a member of the SLS family not only by my fellow colleagues, but also by the agents as well. Our agents are extremely ethical and really do care about everyone at the home office and our hard work. I feel that I am valued member of the SLS family and that the agents and clients appreciate all that I do for them. It is very important to me that I make a difference if people’s lives and now that I am at SLS, I feel like I am every day.
Three Words: Dream Come True
Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Field, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: leads, compensation, incentives
SLS has truly been a dream come true. Now that I have joined Senior Life Services, I am actually able to provide for my family and give my children the life I never had growing up. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have to work extremely hard for it. I work my behind off! But if you follow the SLS system and work hard, you get to live your dream.
Promise Land
Agent (Current Employee), FloridaMay 15, 2014
Pros: leads
I've been with SLS just over a year now. I responded to an SLS ad about becoming an agent and when I was first approached by an SLS manager to come work for this company, I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical. I went to training class and the promise almost seemed too good to be true. But, after a year with the company the promise isn't as good as they say, it's BETTER! I am so grateful to be a part of this agency. And because I responded to an SLS ad, I felt compelled to write a review on Indeed telling other agents that are looking for a promise land, SLS is it!

1 2 3

About Senior Life Services

Senior Life Services, a large National independent insurance agency. Florida Insurance Services, Inc., the parent company – Read more

Senior Life Services Salaries