Senior Lifestyle Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for.
Business Office Manager/Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2017
I enjoy working for Senior Lifestyle Corporation. The work has been challenging and rewarding. The only reason I'm considering a change is to move closer to my elderly parents to assist with their care.
Pros
Multi-state operations
Cons
Benefits could be better..
Excellent Compay
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GAAugust 16, 2017
SLC is an excellent company with a positive culture. I very much enjoyed working for them for 6 of my 6.5 years with the company. My experience over the last 6 months was not at all what I had previously known the company to be,
Horrible management in Colorado Springs
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2017
This place cannot keep staff to save their lives. The management are rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful to their employees. All they care about is keeping their census up. Its all nicey nice in the interview but once you're in there the true colors really come out. They like to leave their staff short handed too. Seriously, one staff for 30 residents overnight !?! Beware folks, this place is a nightmare.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Lousy management with no people skills
Horrible Management
CMT (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 15, 2017
When I was hired , I was hired for a full time position. I've been there 3 months and never had full-time hours. I have addressed the issue with the H&W Manager, Staffing Manager and Executive Director unfortunately I have yet to receive full time hours but other employees manage to get 110 plus hours in a pay period. I was recently informed by another staff member that I had been taking off of the schedule for missing a training in early July. It was the responsibility of the staffing manager, hr or the H&W Director to inform me of being removed from the schedule not a coworker. This place is unprofessional, poorly managed, and deceitful no wonder they can never keep employees!
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, and unprofessional
Caring and Giving Place
Park Place at Winghaven (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 7, 2017
Able to commit to learning and continued training in great worig environment. I work alone and Supervise others in Assisted Living and Memory Care and Learn a lot about Giving Meds keeping a patient suffering from Dementia comfortable.
Pros
free lunches based upon Merit
Cons
people dying
Company has been good to me
Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2017
I have worked PRN as an LPN through two sister companies in Cincinnati,Ohio.

They have been very fair to me as a fairly new employee. I have never regrated going to work for this company. Management has always treated me fair.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Can't think of one right now.

Comment – June 26, 2017

This almost sounds like a statement I would have made. I have worked PRN as an LPN for this company also. They have been very good to me. Never regret going to work when they call me. I have also been working for their sister company and they too have been very good to me.
Only problem for me is they have gone to 7.5 to 8 hour shifts. I do 12hrs. at Barrington and their sister company is doing 12's. I'm a 12 hr. person.
Everyone is intitled to their opinion and this is mine.

Comment – July 16, 2017

Works with my schedule. They call me-if I can I do. If not no problem

the residents. great to be around
legacy at the fairways (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJune 6, 2017
i start off with getting my cart making sure i hqve everything i need for the day. then i go and get the laundry. throw it in the machines. then i go and sweep and mop the front area. then i start cleaning the 6 main bathroom. then dust and vacumn.. then i start cleaning the apartments. then at 12 p.m. lunch. then back to doing apartments. then at the end of the day. make sure my cart is stocked for the next day.
Beautiful Disaster
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 26, 2017
Beautiful facility, wonderful residents, hardworking underpaid staff, TERRIBLE management. Training is awful, CNAs not properly trained, budget issues, poor moral among staff and residents and TERRIBLE communication. This facility has SO much potential bit due to poor management it isn't a great place to live or work.
Pros
Great facility, location, coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation, TERRIBLE insurance, TERRIBLE management
Stressful and Senior Management is very decitful!
Director (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 25, 2017
Stay away! This is the best information I can provide. You would be better off working at McDonalds than working for Senior Lifestyle Corporation. You cannot trust anyone, upper management is too demanding and crewel, it is nothing for them to concoct a reason to write you up- if you challenge their authority- even if you are protecting your own reputation against a vicious assault on your reputation with your superiors.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse- DON (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 24, 2017
This is a family oriented and caring place to work and the nurses and CNA's are wonderful and caring. They have had lots of turnover with staff, but a great place to work and the residents and families are wonderful to work with.
Pros
Caring and loving staff
poor management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
underpaid,poor hostile management, stressful work area...The manager was ghetto talked to her employees with violet behavior,used profanity and abused her authority..unorganized facility.
Pros
well organized facility. Corporate training. Courteous staff.
Administrative Assistant / Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Barrington, ILMay 19, 2017
This was my favorite job. I learned a lot from this organization. HR training, Management training. Computer training. Hospitality training. Courteous staff.
Pros
salary, hours worked, schedule, my manager
Cons
nonee
The residents here makes my day go by
Concierge Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Every day, I'm so thrilled to come into Autumn Green. The residents here are so involved. As I'm sitting at the desk, as busy as this can be, I alway get the job done and I even have time to help others complete their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is participating in many activities with our residents
Pros
nice residents and co workers
Unorganized Company!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 16, 2017
Do not work for SL Corporation. I have not been with them since January 2017 and they still have me listed as an employee in May 2017. I have been trying for over a month to contact someone about it and they finally answered their phones, said they didn't have any messages from me or from my loan lender (even though we left countless messages). They do not care about the employees or the residents that are at their facilities. They had the CNAs working short-staffed at a ratio of 17:1. How does that provide proper care for that individual? They were starting to force employees to stay longer for their shifts with no added incentive to put in the extra work. The nurses at the facility did not properly train for medications and put the residents at risk. Management seemed to hire just about anyone off the street as we had an employee who stole hundreds of dollars from residents with no repercussions, and had another employee who would ignore call lights and sit in the bathroom for hours, again, with no consequences.

The best part about SL Corporation were select coworkers, who seemed to have your back in any situation, and the residents I had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Residents, Coworkers
Cons
On break i play pool with the resident and my coworker..
Server (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 11, 2017
I work there, so I get to have fun with the resident, its a very good place to work, I been there for 7months and i get along with everybody, great management team..
Pros
Lunchs
Do yourself a favor and not look at this company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2017
This job and its structure is the worst in the industry. You are subject to change EVERY DAY. It is the will and pleasure of the director and all that have come are just pieces until they get fired.
Pros
None at all it is just a paycheck
Cons
It is the worst company and mentally draining and no professionalim
The worst company ever!!!!
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
The worst management, the worst culture, underpaid, management are lairs, no training when promised. No team work, high turn over, but it is expected in such a poor managed company. Stay away!!!!
Do not apply for this company
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2017
You are under paid!!!!! over worked!!! Understaffed Management is no good. I have never seen company were you pay stays the same on each shift... RA 's are mistreated... RA' s are looked down on if they are common trash..
Great place to work.
Director of Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 28, 2017
While being here at Senior Lifestyle it has been a pleasant experience and a lot of fun to work for. I am happy to have had the opportunity to be on this team.
Busy, productive work place!
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 22, 2017
Heron East was my first job & first experience in the health care field. Stressful at times, but I loved my coworkers which made everything else easy. For the most part we all worked together and helped each other out. A day at this Facility consisted of making beds, getting residents dressed and undressed as well as giving showers, assisting residents to the bathroom and changing pull ups for the ones who were physically unable, etc. I believe the hardest part of this job was understanding each residents needs for specific medications, passing medications, etc. My favorite part of this job was getting close to the residents, being able to help them and seeing how relieved they were after recieving my assistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Lifestyle Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4