Senior Living Communities Employee Reviews

Excellent learning experience
Administrator in training (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 19, 2018
SLC was an excellent company to learn administrative skills with and offers numerous continued training experiences for all positions. Staff was knowledgeable, compassionate and the residents thrived at this location.
Zero Job Security Regardless of Performance
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 16, 2017
Fearful sheep welcome - all others keep out. So many great people, at all levels, have worked for this company and left. Zero job security or opportunity for advancement except for members of The Clique.
Cons
Deep nepotism, insurance for dependents, lack of transparency, top-down cultural problem
cliquish
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 20, 2017
I found the the deparrtment. Petty and cliquish, Experience was not covied,it was viewed as a threat. Standards imposed on new comers weren't excercised throughout
Caring please to work
Medication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with the elderly. It melted my heart once I can put a smile on their faces. I hated to loose anyone. Even seeing the residents in memory support loosing the memory is very hard.
nice place to work but you. have to have a 2nd job brookdale are low on the hours
Brookdale Senior Living Solutions (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2017
I really do love what I do I. also love the residents in also the people I work with . I just feel like brookdale don't not pay well in also the hours .
Unprofessional enviroment with high turnover rate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 14, 2017
This facility has a high turnover rate in both nursing staff and management. There is also a lack of communication among all staff, the management, and family members reguarding resident care. No one is on the same page communicating to each other but be rest assured that there is no lack of communication with rumors and other forms of negativity.
Over worked & under paid
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCJuly 1, 2017
In the beginning it is a great work experience. Then a couple months into your job you will notice the employees are petty and the managers do not care about you. If someone calls out and you can't come in they will hold it against you.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No breaks
Nice idea, horrible upper leadership
Administrator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 27, 2017
Great people at the lower level of the pay scales. Upper management and executive leadership are only out for themselves. No job security, poor pay and no raise in 2 years while there. Be prepared to be called into work at any hour and expect overtime. They do not delive on their promises.
Pros
Residents and lower level staff
Cons
Poor leadership
Great team!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2017
I worked with two lovely ladies that helped me learn a few things about the workforce. Also enjoyed working as a housekeeper there.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Great people to work for.
Quality Assurance/Infection Control (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Started at facility as night-shift charge nurse, then to day-shift skilled care charge nurse. Promoted to quality assurance/infection control. The Director of Nursing and Administrator were great to work for. I enjoyed the teamwork environment.
Growing Company striving to do the right thing for residents and staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 28, 2017
I've been with the company over a year and seen that most staff at the community and home office truly care about people. The company is generous on PTO and opportunities for staff to get additional education, which is not the norm that I have seen in the healthcare industry. I'm very thankful to be a part of the SLC team and hope to help them grow in the future.
Pros
Pto, Culture, Educational Opportunites
Cons
Insurance is expensive for families (but it is expensive everywhere I've looked)
Upper management is terrible
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 14, 2017
Carmel,In..The residents are some of tthe greatest people i ever worked for. But,the management is horrible. They practice in lying, misleading and more lying. They have a high very high turn over rate in middle management and entry level employment. The dont support and they undermine anyone that comes with new ideas....Beware...
Pros
The residents
Working at SLC
Brightwater (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 2, 2017
Typical day starts with a wonderful interaction with staff and residents. All which are supportive and enjoyable to be around. The small things matter and having a positive attitude is everything. My coworkers have always been there to support me. The hardest part of the job is having to tell people no. Everyday is different, not one day is the same.
Pros
Meeting wonderful people everyday
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2016
I enjoy interacting with my residents , and hearing about how their day is going. I've learned many new things about other people and how they lived their life. My co workers are amazing everyone treats each other with respect .
Productive and Fun place to work
Lead Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 30, 2016
I didn't like supervising people. I enjoyed the residents and working in my field of Recreation Therapy. My supervisor was down to earth, laid back and supportive. The staff I supervised were overindulged and spoiled and staff-split.
Pros
Excellent pay and good incentives
Cons
having to work every holiday and during snow storms
Loved working with senior patients.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2016
My typical day at work was always productive for me. I loved working and helping the senior patients. Playing games and having karaoke nights. I learned so much while working with them.
Lazy & Rude Staff
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 2, 2016
The CNA's were lazy, NO teamwork. Complaints fell on deaf ears. Five star run like a 1 star. High turnover. On third Director of Nursing this year.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 2, 2016
I worked for this company for 6.5 years. This company only cares about how much money they bring in. Pay is low no raises,insurance sucks,and management only cares about reputation of company not employees or care of residents.
Cons
No raises no advancements
Great place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  311 fairdale kings mountain ncOctober 30, 2016
Learned alot from great people everyone worked as a team to achive a wonderful work place we sat goals as a whole as well as pushing for individual goals. Multi tasking a must while working in a busy senior living comunity
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 4, 2016
WORST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED. Don't be fooled by the nice looks of the place. Management is ARROGANT and does not care a thing about the staff. As a cna we are there for the residents but with hateful management, it's hard to give the residents what they deserve. The insurance is awful and the executive director only cares about the appearance of the place. CNA's do all the work and get absolutely NO respect at all!
Pros
residents
Cons
Management, insurance, pay, the way you are treated