Senior Resource Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Excellent environment with exceptional training.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
I have worked for a few Senior Living companies and Senior Resource Group is by far the most exceptional. There is a positive work environment with very compassionate caregivers and staff on board. There is no company that is perfect, however SRG has great corporate support and superb benefits. I love working here.
Avoid this place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
Too many people hired without interviews because they are family members and than they get away with everything (favoritism to the max!!) No one follows the rules!!
Cons
Non productive ,treated unfairly!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2017
I would not recommend this company for anyone to work at they will try n cheat you out of your hours. The management have their favorites, they all sit around feeding into gossip. Lastly, just very very unprofessional total embarrassment to society! But thats just my opinion! Have a nice day. 😊
Pros
Cons
No breaks u work through them!
productive and a great enviroment
Resident Care Coordinator/ Cargiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2017
During my time at senior resource group, we are constantly put under pressure to do our best, which is great! It overall helped my team working skills and helped me develop a great relationship with my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of my job overall would seeing my residents decline in health after knowing them and growing a great relationship with them over the years I've been employed there.
Pros
getting to know my residents and their history, and great co-workers.
Cons
getting over attached to the residents, and seeing their health decline in such a short time.
Save your sanity
Former Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
This place is a terrible place to work with terrible management. There is a high turnover rate in every department because people are just truly unhappy. The staff is over worked and underpaid and disrespected daily. Do yourself a favor and keep searching for another job because that place will drive you crazy. Corporate needs to step in because if it was such a well organized great job they wouldn't keep losing entire management staff and personnel clearly something is wrong.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Fine for a 1st job, THATS ALL!!!
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
This is okay for a first job and to get the experience working in an "upscale" environment, but it's far from upscale. The Hr process is so long, you call they won't call you back, even if they do it'll take at least 2 weeks to get you started. They don't train you so your thrown out to the wolves by yourself, learning whatever someone may tell you, wrong or right. The turnover rate is very high because they portray this organized happy environment but it's far from it. People quit left and right, leaving the severs short staffed at night, the Director doesn't care she'll send ppl home knowing they are short staffed. She definitely isn't a team player, nor does she care about the heart of the whole company the Diningroom. All she cares about is making herself look good and kissing up to the residents so they keep living there. SRG in Atlanta doesn't care about its employees, all they care about is money. Basically being paid $10 isn't enough if I were you I'd get a job as a REAL server somewhere else and I bet you'll make more than $80 for the day shift and $60 a day and night. They will want you to pick up shifts (BC THEY ARE ALWAYS SHORT) that will give you 40hrs but wont allow you to become fulltime, if you do they have it rigged so you wont ever get OT. Plus they let the residents do whatever so unless your want to get in get the experience and get out, it's definitely NOT worth it! Talk is cheap, and that's exactly what this company is!!!!
Pros
They work with your availability
Cons
Pay...Management...Work environment etc
definitely has some improvement to be made
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2016
Worked as a caregiver for both in house and personal care by the name intouch. Both companies were horrible. For AL our voices did not matter. We were always understaffed and overworked. For each shift, they'd deduct the 30 min meal break even if we had to continue to work due to being understaffed which is unfair. We were working for free. For intouch, we were treated less than human. Not everyone had benefits. There were only about 3 or 4 full yime position available and the rest were considered to be "on call" regardless of the 100 hour work weeks. We went through about 4 new managers in about 2 months or so. And we were not allowed to use the employee break room and did not recieve holiday bonus even though we were being used for AL assistance.
Pros
Cheap meal tickets
Cons
management
No Support
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLDecember 28, 2015
I did not have enough support from this Company.
They held my pay for a month at a time and one for 2 months
The management would ignore my calls on the matter
I made number 1 sales agent cause I sold the most Plans in 1 month so I had the money just not in my hands to pay my bills which I ended up losing my home and car.
Pros
I learned I could step into a field I knew nothing about and succeed.
Cons
lost everything
Terrible management, good first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
Retirement setting food service job.Good first job if you want to get into food service industry. Upper management is terrible, with very low pay. Usually hire very young inexperienced servers and don't train well. Also observed downright dangerous procedures when dealing with assisted living elderly. Its all about the bottom line. There are other, much better retirement home companies to work for.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Terrible management, low pay
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 31, 2015
made over 80 out going phone calls to help schedule tours. Learned about CARF and its accreditation. Enjoyed helping seniors make arrangements and help them transition into a retirement community.
Pros
low cost lunches
Cons
unstable management
Great Place to work
Healthcare/Medicare Sales Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2013
Daily phone calls to prospective clients. Hardest part of job is the changes in the healthcare industry affect you pay. Commission based only no salary and no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Resource Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6