General Position Summary
The logistics coordinator coordinates inbound/outbound transportation of goods including goods’ shipment status. Work directly with a sales manager to assist with obtaining transportation rates, warehouse costs, and order processing in the warehouse management systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives shipment orders via email/phones.
- Prepares shipping/warehouse related documents.
- Updates shipping calendar daily basis.
- Communicates with customers for shipping confirmation, cargo statuses and delivery instructions, etc.
- Communicates with floor supervisors for inbound/outbound shipments coordination.
- Reports to senior administrator or branch mangers immediately regarding problems.
- Processes inbound transportation paperwork.
- Monitors inbound/outbound shipments for inventory control purpose.
- Administers documents.
- Seeks new vendors such as trucking carrier. Communicates with immediate supervisor for approval of new vendor.
- Negotiates and arranges transportation vendors.
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Performs receptionist activities as necessary.
- Full fills/supports other employee’s work if others are absent.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager and other senior management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
- Maintains good communication with other staff & outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
Job Dimensions (skills, abilities & personal traits)
Accuracy, Attendance, Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Dependability & Reliability, Flexibility & Adaptability, Initiative & Follow through, Inventory Control, Listening & Understanding, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing, Record Keeping, Team Participation, Vendor Relationship
- Must have Bachelor's degree (BS/BA/BBA). Experience in Logistics is a plus, but not required.
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) specifically in the use of Excel Filters, Pivot Tables and Formulas.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience us preferred, but not required. Entry level is welcome.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- General office equipment including phones, personal computers, email, fax, etc.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Work Environment – Work is typically performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels
- Lifting – Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
- Eyesight/Vision –Able to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen; ability to measure or identify using eyesight
- Physical - Employee is frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel – No travel is required.
Indeed - 6 months ago
SENKO (U.S.A.), INC. is one of the leading logistics providers from Japan. We provide logistics services with our own trucks and warehouses...