Sensata Technologies Employee Reviews

Very Dynamic. Lots to Learn.
Sr. Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2016
Good company to work for. Lots to learn for new product development and technologies. Company structure still evolving. Very dynamic team.
Worked for a smaller company bought out by Sensata
Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
Great people

Fast paced, but fun environment

Interesting technology and a growing market led to a constantly changing game plan, which I liked
Pros
Great people
Cons
Takeover was bungled
review
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 11, 2016
Best job I've ever had. people were all very nice and could crack jokes every now and then. Management was very good, scheduling worked out perefectly
Pros
Everything above
Cons
Really enjoyed the supervisor and manager's management styles. They were very fair. Excellent co-workers that would give help when needed.
Test Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 9, 2016
Local facility was a great pleasure to work in. Individuals were friendly and supportive. Plenty of challenges and variety daily.
Productive and easy going work place with great comradery among employees
Printed Circuit Board Designer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 9, 2016
This company is pretty good all around. They allow you to make your own schedule, offer work at home opportunities, 4 day work week opportunities, great pay that also with base line if Sensata realized they are paying below the average. Also, management is great: easy to talk to, quick and satisfying results when there is an issue, and employees in general are like friends or extended family with one another. If your position offers you a laptop, you can work any where you would like: the cafeteria, your cube or any of the work areas set up around the premises. Lastly, advancement opportunities abound and are always encouraged, with management regularly checking in to see how employees feel about their current position and if they want to advance or even start a new position all together.
Pros
Great pay, great work environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
Only con for me is that this company is a hike from where I live.
Best work place ever
Intern, law department (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 2, 2016
I loved working at Sentata, is a place where I felt introduced and the people that worked there were really nice . A day working there was the best, I would go happy and leave happy, yes tired but not grumpy or mad. The best I learned from them was how to be responsible and how to be at the good place where you feel you should be there.
Not a great place for Electrical Engineers
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 15, 2016
It's hard to advance your career here depending on what group you get placed in and the work is menial most of the time. Some of the management also has no idea how to develop people. The company also has many short-sighted business practices and puts company share holders above its customers and employees. For the past 2 years we have been forced to take time off in the last few weeks of the year without more than a months notice.
Not a company to plan to grow with and advance your future .
Design Engineering Sr Technician (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Very Top heavy with non supportive management. Use to be a company with dedicated employees who enjoyed their jobs and looked forward to contributing to its success. Now 'just a job', many unsatisfied, unhappy employees putting in their time. Many coworkers are exceptionally skilled people, mgt is the problem. Company used to care about people now its only interest is money. Working there is more of "who" you know than "what " you know, no long term opportunities for qualified personnel.
Pros
Considerate of family issues
Cons
No advancement opportunities
CST Corporate Office
Accounting Manager North America Divisions (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 13, 2016
It is first month after 70% of CST was Acquired by Sensata.
Manage and mentor the North America GL Accounting team
Same Responsibilities as it was at CST "world".
Great place to work with high sense of urgency
Process Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  MexicoJanuary 9, 2016
Management reviews, all tagets are reviewed daily, robust systems to carry out all activities related to quality, co-workers with high expertisse, great place to work
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
its a bigger plant (5k employees) difficult to shine
Management doesn't care
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 11, 2015
Management doesn't care about you. There's no work-life balance. And they can't even make good products. But co-workers are fun and nice to work with.
going through a lot of changes
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 25, 2015
The company is going through several changes:
* growing
* acquisition
* moving locations

It is causing a lot of employment shuffling.
Appears attractive - does not live up to promises
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 27, 2015
Long hours, minimal training, lacking open communication or guidance. The hardest part of the job was working with the sales department. Very difficult to get current project financial information or cooperative quoting with the project team.
High ambitions, great atmosphere
Global Segment Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 8, 2014
Sensata is a former division of Texas Instruments. Under current management it has high ambitions that are well spread within the company. People are motivated and co-operative individuals that create an atmosphere of getting things done together.
Working at Sensata
Desktop/Mobile Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 12, 2014
Working at Sensata as an outsourced employee, is exactly that. You are not a company employee and you are treated as such. The "Help Desk" is outsourced to HCL India, which is who we work for. Daily duties are becoming a struggle between lack of communication between Sensata and HCL. I am looking for a change of job and location.
Pros
Location, pay.
Cons
lack of communication and management.
Great Potential
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 28, 2014
The company has great potential. It participates in markets that are facing positive headwinds and is well positioned to take advantage
Corporate Communications Intern
Corporate Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 18, 2014
-collaboration with Communications Team
-devise creative recruitment strategies
-work closely with other interns
-direct contact with Director of Global Communications
-write articles for our company news site
-conduct interviews
-photo assignments
Pros
Experience in Communications, fellow employees, compensation
Cons
cubicle work
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 17, 2014
learned how to make car parts/ did inspecrtion on parts to make sure they were prepared right
Got along with my team members and enjoyed my job!
Associate Production worker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 4, 2013
I worked Monday thru Friday - 7 am to 3 pm, I also worked a lot of overtime, 10 hrs. a day and Sat. and Sundays. I ran automated machines, did inspection on our products, fixed minor problems with the machines, helped the team leads, also was a back up team leader. Which I enjoyed very much. My Supervisor was very helpful with communicating with the team about our quality and our goals. I got along with my team members, they would even come to me with machine issues. I really miss my job and wish it didn't go to China!
Pros
pizza parties
Cons
healthcare was getting to high! Now I have no health care
Work with a many great co-workers doing interesting work but company moral is low.
Professional consultant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 17, 2013
I work in two different Technical Service Labs doing various testing
for engineers. And have had to get up to speed quickly to learn operating procedures for over thirty pieces of testing equipment.
My co-workers and immediate supervisors are a pleasure to work with every day. The most difficult time I have had has been learning the nuances of the many different controllers for the test equipment from different suppliers. The work is gratifying knowing that the testing can help improve a product and the end customers safety.
Pros
phemnominal co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
no job security as a contractor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sensata Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.