Sentara Health

Sentara Health Employer Reviews

Ok first job
Little Creek Urgent care X-ray tech (Former Employee), norfolk, VaMay 1, 2014
Very low pay
Not much room for advancement
not very supportive management
enjoy working with my team members.
Senior Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 30, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: 2-15 min breaks and 1-30 min lunch
Initially when i went to work here they had five or six hospitals and the work was manageable. Now they have many more hospitals and are expanding with not more workers and we have even bigger portfolios to work with. No overtime and management is unaware of how strenuous the job has become.Coworkers are fantastic. I help them out as much as i can.You – more... learn everyday of the job. I still like the job but the workload is excessive. – less
one of the worst companies to work for and have family
Patient Care Rep (Current Employee), sentara medical groupApril 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers and patients
typical work day for receptionist with patients being the only plus of working for this company. Management has no concept of true management. The salary and benefits package has many loop holes to reduce the cost to the company and sick leave although part of the package is designed to be unusable so that the employee doesn't get paid when they or – more... their family are sick. As a company that makes their money in caring about the health and well being of others they don't feel that way about their employees. – less
Sentara
Radiation Therapy Secretary/Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 29, 2014
Sentara is a great company. I have advanced in so many ways since working here.
Great atmosphere to work in
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2014
There's never a dull moment, I'm always learning something new,may it be clinical of just a better way of enjoying my job. there's nothing routine in what I do.
Opportunity to growth
Material Handler (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 19, 2014
Learning new skills for professional development. Positive co-workers, a sense of identity, benefits and bonus and being part of something bigger than myself.
Knowlege is power
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 16, 2014
Pros: good environment and great hard working people. benefits.
My typical work day is very busy and There is always something that needs to get done.

I have learned a lot in little time. I have learned how o navigate and manipulate queries. I have also learned all about Journal entries, how to read and create them.

The management is great. This was corporate so it was at a very professional level in regards to – more... its type of environment.

My co-workers are very hard and striving individuals. They are always on the look-out for new knowledge just like me.

The more tedious part of the job was basically the part where if something in the system didn't correspond to something in another system, you would have to research it to figure out why. That sometimes can take a awhile.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I am surrounding me. They are always there to help better my skills and teaching me more things I thought id never learn. – less
Great compensation and Benefits
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 9, 2014
Cons: no daycare or accomodations for children
This company works hard to compensate it's employees and reviews saleries and benefits every few years. It should be more family friendly with daycare but has an awesome annual leave policy.
Very productive and fun place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 1, 2014
Pros: friend;y co-workers
Sentara was a total dedication, work hard, I learned the value of importance of productivity, taking on anew challenges and change. Management was awesome will to teach and learn also from you as well..
utilized my training and experience
Plant Operator/ Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: learning something new every day
Cons: none really
working in a hospital was the most satisfying work experience of my life! totally enjoyed it. moved to Florida for family reasons, (mother's health), so i would love to work in a similar setting, again.
Poor management
Laboratory Tech (Current Employee), NorfolkMarch 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
This review is geared towards the microbiology department. Everything from budgeting, to employee handling, scheduling, compensations and benefits, and even career advancement is mismanaged.
Moreover, this company puts work before family. In other words, you will be expected to come to work while there's a tornado hitting your city or a flood in your – more... neighborhood. Productivity takes priority before the welfare of their own employees.
It is understandable why they are so desperate in offering you a Sign-On Bonus to keep you; their turnovers is significantly high! – less
Drive their vehicle
Consolidated Courier (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the pay
It is ok to work there. Good benefits and work perks. No room for advancement but there is job security.
constant but changing
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 4, 2014
I enjoyed being held to a high standard. I enjoyed visiting new countries, I enjoyed being a medic. Medicine is one of the most self fulfilling jobs.
Home Care should not reflect the rest of the Sentara enviornment
Medical Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 23, 2014
Sentara is a great company to work for, but the Home Care office in Chesapeake is poorly managed and the turnover is terrible.
Great comprehensive healthcare experience
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic Life Support (Current Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 23, 2014
No day was the same. Able to meet a variety of people with diverse experiences. Measureable benchmarks and quality service was achieved by most. Benefits and compensation package is competitive in the marketplace.
HR
Recruiter Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: others may be promoted even though you have proven track record of performing job.
Excellent place to work. Company is considerate of your personal life and you're able to balance work/family. Difficult for promotions, as it seems that the favorites are promoted from within.
Junior Clinical Analyst
Junior Clinical Analyst (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 3, 2014
Helped implement Meditech throughout the organization. great team, great facility.
Part-time/temp
Sentara is a great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, compensation
Cons: do more with less attitude
Sentara is a great place to work. I would recommend this organization to anyone who would like to be in the healthcare industry.
Typical day can get crazy but it's all about your attitude
telemetry (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: provide financial aide for school
Cons: cafeteria food is too expensive
A typical day at work can start off caotic. You just have to be ready and go in with a positive attitude. I generally get along with everyone and have respect for authority. A couple of my co-workers have known eachother for many years now, so it's like a family environment at times but just like any job it has it's moments when it seems like you're – more... just really being tested. The hardest part of my job I think is sometimes working 12hr night shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity of being apart of the medical team. – less
Exciting place to work with vast opporunties for growth
Administrative Associate/File Room Technician (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great incentatives and employee perches, excellent insurance coverages, and investment plans.
Cons: recession
Sentara is a great establishment to work for. Up to my last two years of employment, I felt a since of support from colleagues, associates, and management. Although they have strict protocol for their employees' input and presentation, I am proud of the fact that they utilize these measures to protect their clients in our growing society.

About Sentara Health

Health care's a beach for Sentara Healthcare. The not-for-profit organization operates a network of hospitals and other health – Read more

Sentara Health Photos