Sentara Healthcare Employee Reviews

per diem atc
Supplemental Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 19, 2015
Work varies from soccer to wrestling to ice hockey. Flexible work hours and easy to get a lot of hours in one day/weekend.
job is what you make it
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 17, 2015
management needs improvement. I enjoy what I do, so I do it to the best of my ability. Management has their picks. I would go back if the management was different
Excellent Customer Services and Great Benefit
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Room to growth
Cons: None
I am Sr. Patient Account Rep. work with Medicare Part B patient account appealing and follow up claims to obtain the appropriate reimbursement. I love my job sometime can be stressful but I love the challenge. I love getting the claims paid and being able to help others. My previous experience at CHKD cash posting and insurance posting. I a extremely detail with an excellent Customer Services Skills an A+ people skills. I worked from 60 - 94 invoices at day with no delays and accuracy to file claim within the timely filing guidelines. More than 20 years with cash experience and face-face Customer Services.
Enjoyed being a part of the Sentara family
Marketing PR Coordinator, Physican Support (Former Employee), Materials Management Chesapeake VAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Family atmosphere, lovely workplace, benefits
Cons: Growing so fast, if that is a con!
The office atmosphere was like a family. Working with people that have been all over Sentara and some working there 30+ years helped developed relationships that created great team work.
Management doors are almost always open, and if you needed, you could talk to them about any challenges that you are facing. Having children - they were understanding that life happens outside of work, and were understanding when you needed a little flexibility.

The benefits being a Sentara employee are amazing, second to none.
Unnecessarily Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 7, 2015
Registration's management needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY. There is an extremely high turnover rate and staffing issues. Employees feel unappreciated and overworked with little to none recognition/compensation.
Great enviornment and place to grow!
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Better management needed overall
Large company with plenty room for growth! I was encouraged to pursue schooling in means of advancing throughout the company instead of staying stagnant in my current position. Overall great place to work!
It was a pleasurable experience to work there
cna (Former Employee), variesAugust 4, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: At first we were not offered benefits
I enjoyed most that i was able to make my own schedule to fit my life. I was not bound to a specific schedule. The hardest part of my job was when my patients passed away. I really enjoyed my coworkers most were very nice and friendly
Resource Pool
Cardiac Registered Nurse (Current Employee), virignia beach, vaJuly 23, 2015
Resource pool is great to work for to balance life but you do not get benefits. Compensation is said to cover expenses for insurance. Huge flexibility.
A great place that supports education
Board Member of PACE Ethics Committee (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: recognize your skills and service, all for education
Cons: not enough employment resources
A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting of the Interdisciplinary Team. All healthcare professionals inclusive of the site manager discuss, implement and resolve all care plans for all attentive participants. I learn how each department is critical to ones health. The co-workers are all about teamwork to present an outstanding customer service. The hardest part of the job is death of a participant that you have utilized all resources to preserve their well-being. The most enjoyable part of the job is the result of great customer service.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoy working with Sentara, and the people I work with are wonderful. I may not work as a nurse, but what I do directly helps the nurses and doctors preform their day to day duties.

A typical work day for me, lets me help answer questions for patients and visitors, answer phones, manage multiple calendars, schedule meetings, draft agenda's for various meetings, take minutes, and process invoices. I fell the hardest part of my job is arranging meetings with multiple physicians. The only reason I say this is because they all have busy days seeing patients in the office or have busy days in the OR, and coordinating schedules so everyone can be in one place at one time, sometimes takes some time.
student
Summer position (Former Employee), woodbridge vaJuly 20, 2015
Property Management
Cleaning Machine Rooms
One Hour Break
easy job for any student
10 dollars an hour
collaboration with maintenance
Great learning facility, that focuses on career advancement and patient care
Clinical Staff Night-shift Pharmacist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great initial training.
Very satisfying work place. Epic is the primary driving force that allows for optimal clinical evaluation of all aspects of patient care.
The support and tech staff are some of the very best I have seen in my career. This place for the most part runs like a well oiled machine. Always on top of and responsive to change in the field of pharmacy.
PACS Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach VAJuly 7, 2015
Great place to grow your career. I enjoy that Sentara encourages advancement and provides tuition assistance to advance.
Very productive
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 29, 2015
Very big on leadership education which is a plus. many classes such as situational leadership, crucial accountability, workplace generations, health law and so on.
OR Posting Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2015
Sentara Health Care is a great place to work. They also offer excellent benefits to their employees. I had wonderful co-workers and keep in touch with several of them through Facebook.
An Organization Maturing
Business Analyst - Identity Access Management (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Strong sense of "Team", free gym, training, project experience
Cons: Speed of healthcare (slow upward mobility), managing projects with daily workload, On-call support
My experience at Sentara Healthcare has been a rewarding experience that afforded me many computer-based skills as I transitioned from Law Enforcement. My typical day at work entails monitoring various mailboxes for customer requests/issues, utilizing a wide range of applications for user provisioning, and am responsible for large scale projects to support identity access management redesign.
Over the past 6 months, daily duties have been split between processing user requests and project work. All team members are also managing projects and we make every attempt to support one another with the daily workload.
The most difficult aspect of the job is combating complacency due to the repetitive nature of user provisioning; one must always pay attention to all details so that patient care is not affected.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the support of my teammates and the continued training in new areas of IT.
Productive and active hospital setting
Surgical Charge Auditor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2015
A typical day involves reviewing surgical practices according to standardized charts and notes entered by the active surgeons and nurses on said surgery from all of the Sentara hospitals in the area. My job involves a tremendous amount of self starter and motivational skills. We each have an entire hospital to audit
Great company!
Healthcare Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia beachJune 10, 2015
Good coworkers. Leadership is caring and keeps staff informed of changes within the industry and organization. Open door policy. Makes you feel part of the family.
Great work environment, not stressfull and easy going
Computer Operator II (Current Employee), 800 Indepence Blvd Virginia Beach Virginia 23455June 8, 2015
Pros: Great benifits, friendly work environment, flexible hours in most areas
Cons: Unable to find a position outside of current department.
Overall my work experience with Sentara Health has been limited to 2 years in one department. The company as a whole seems to be a great place to work. Advancing from my current department with the current jobs available is difficult.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 4, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: NONE
MANAGEMENT AND COWORKER ARE VERY GREAT,ATYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS VERY GOOD, NO HARD PART ABOUT THIS JOB, LEARNING THINGS ARE VERY GOOD
Headquarters