Sentara Healthcare Employee Reviews

They have fitness place for aerobic
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 14, 2016
It was fun and nice work place,taking good care of our patients and making sure the well .The manage also concern about there employee.That they fine and sound mind.
Pros
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Cons
REGULAR BREAK
great work place
EPIC CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 19, 2016
The cooperation and support provided by the hospital was second to non. It is great .and secured place to work. Always looking forward everyday to resolving and assisting clinical staffs and providers during Go-Live.
I love the opportunity of meeting mew people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 13, 2016
This job have given me a opportunity, to meet interest people were I can share my thought and listen to theirs. Having the chance to calm a patient down when they are really scared of needles that's my highlight of the day. Being compassionate and capable of showing patients that I really care makes a difference, that its not just a job. This job has taught me to be patience, to listen and really pay attention to details. Being caution is key factor in this job because not paying attention can cause you a big health scare. The hardest part of being a phlebotomist having patients that are really hard sticks and you have to stick them several of time. That's part of the job I don't like. But overall being a phlebotomist is great!!
Pros
Meeting new people, helping and caring for others, learning something all the time
Cons
having to stick elderly people, having to go to different facilicties
Upper management
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2016
Sentara Healthcare is a great company to work for if you are not in management, because they do not treat their supervisors fair, you can be written up and even fired without reason. The directors and managers should leave all personal issues at home. It has no organizational skills.
Pros
Recieveing a paycheck
Cons
Lack of organization, does not support staff
Good Place to work
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 15, 2017
Would recommend for RN positions.Care Partner positions require too much work not enough pay.The Benefits are awesome.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
short break for long 12 hour shift not enough pay for position
High cost of living/low wages
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 28, 2016
In 2003 Radiology became filmless, then paperless (EMR). State of the Art equipment. Now that I've moved further South I realize how "ahead of the game" Sentara was.
Pros
Beautiful state of VA
Cons
Very low wages
Customer Satisfaction is the Bottom Line
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
My co-workers are probably the best part of the job. Very supportive, they make a tough shift tolerable. Team work is great where I work. The work is hard, self-schedule is fine as long as the person in charge of the schedule is not control freak. Not much consistency in policies and guidelines across the floors.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
Pay
Would not recommend
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 16, 2016
Was a very long time ago, but hopefully they have improved. Were not supportive, lacked in training and did not provide a good work environment. Many unhappy employees.
Pros
Pay was good at that time
Cons
Management, environment and ladder to success
Job Security
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 20, 2016
Sentara overall is a great company to work for. Very busy at all locations and lots of ways to advance in company. Plenty of jobs available in every department.
Pros
Insurance Is great!!
Cons
Raises not on regular basis
I have the best co - workers
PDM analyst (Current Employee) –  viginiaNovember 7, 2016
The environment is great. There is no Micro management of any kind which I love. The workload can be very crazy and the pay could be better. All in all this is a great place to work.
Pros
enviornment
Cons
workload
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Best place I've ever worked, would recommend to all family and friends to work here or receive care here. What I love most is I feel valued here and not just a number.
productive workplace
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 19, 2017
awesome, helpful and friendly staff. stress free work environment. productive working atmosphere. knowledgeable staff and supervisors
Workplace
great training
several shifts for working
reliable job
hard work
Fast-paced, safe working environment, with teamwork being the forefront.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 3, 2016
Working for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital has made me realize the importance of being in a team-oriented working environment. The ability to multi-task is a must, but the care given to patients is fulfilling.
A great company to work for.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 9, 2016
Sentara healthcare really care about the employees and has a great work environment. I would stay with them if I didn't have to move.
Good Learning Experience, Great Co-Workers
Clinical Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 18, 2016
Worked here for two years and tried to take advantage of all the benefits- Tuition Assistance, Retirement, Medical and Dental.
If you put in the work the staff is supportive and great at teaching.
adequate training
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CharlottesvilleSeptember 13, 2016
Compensation low
work family balance good
Sentara has good name recognition
recognition of employees adequate
lack ofcommunication within different departments
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 27, 2016
about 12-14 patients are assigned to you, assist patients with eating, toileting, dressing, worked short a lot, great benefits,
Sentara Review
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 9, 2016
Provided healthcare to all patient that arrived in the department.Responsible for scheduling, pre-registration/registration, insurance verification, point of arrival reception, chart preparation. Revenue cycle processes for all patients. Functions in a multi-disciplinary environment, which requires the application of excellent customer service skills
Pros
helped me learn at afast pace for my degree of being a nurse. Worked with my school schdeule.
Cons
Racism and being treated poorly by a few nurses. Stressful enviorment
Great company to work for
RN- Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 19, 2016
I enjoy working for a diverse company. My work environment is high paced, caring, and rewarding. Customer Satisfaction is number one on our unit. We foster teamwork and patient and family centered care. We strive for excellence and accountability from all of our team members. The most enjoyable part of my day is a thank you from a patient and their family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentara Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

78%