Sentara Healthcare Employee Reviews

Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoy working with Sentara, and the people I work with are wonderful. I may not work as a nurse, but what I do directly helps the nurses and doctors preform their day to day duties.

A typical work day for me, lets me help answer questions for patients and visitors, answer phones, manage multiple calendars, schedule meetings, draft agenda's for various meetings, take minutes, and process invoices. I fell the hardest part of my job is arranging meetings with multiple physicians. The only reason I say this is because they all have busy days seeing patients in the office or have busy days in the OR, and coordinating schedules so everyone can be in one place at one time, sometimes takes some time.
student
Summer position (Former Employee) –  woodbridge vaJuly 20, 2015
Property Management
Cleaning Machine Rooms
One Hour Break
easy job for any student
10 dollars an hour
collaboration with maintenance
Great learning facility, that focuses on career advancement and patient care
Clinical Staff Night-shift Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VaJuly 9, 2015
Very satisfying work place. Epic is the primary driving force that allows for optimal clinical evaluation of all aspects of patient care.
The support and tech staff are some of the very best I have seen in my career. This place for the most part runs like a well oiled machine. Always on top of and responsive to change in the field of pharmacy.
Pros
Great initial training.
PACS Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAJuly 7, 2015
Great place to grow your career. I enjoy that Sentara encourages advancement and provides tuition assistance to advance.
Very productive
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 29, 2015
Very big on leadership education which is a plus. many classes such as situational leadership, crucial accountability, workplace generations, health law and so on.
OR Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2015
Sentara Health Care is a great place to work. They also offer excellent benefits to their employees. I had wonderful co-workers and keep in touch with several of them through Facebook.
An Organization Maturing
Business Analyst - Identity Access Management (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2015
My experience at Sentara Healthcare has been a rewarding experience that afforded me many computer-based skills as I transitioned from Law Enforcement. My typical day at work entails monitoring various mailboxes for customer requests/issues, utilizing a wide range of applications for user provisioning, and am responsible for large scale projects to support identity access management redesign.
Over the past 6 months, daily duties have been split between processing user requests and project work. All team members are also managing projects and we make every attempt to support one another with the daily workload.
The most difficult aspect of the job is combating complacency due to the repetitive nature of user provisioning; one must always pay attention to all details so that patient care is not affected.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the support of my teammates and the continued training in new areas of IT.
Pros
Strong sense of "Team", free gym, training, project experience
Cons
Speed of healthcare (slow upward mobility), managing projects with daily workload, On-call support
Productive and active hospital setting
Surgical Charge Auditor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2015
A typical day involves reviewing surgical practices according to standardized charts and notes entered by the active surgeons and nurses on said surgery from all of the Sentara hospitals in the area. My job involves a tremendous amount of self starter and motivational skills. We each have an entire hospital to audit
Great company!
Healthcare Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia beachJune 10, 2015
Good coworkers. Leadership is caring and keeps staff informed of changes within the industry and organization. Open door policy. Makes you feel part of the family.
Great work environment, not stressfull and easy going
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  800 Indepence Blvd Virginia Beach Virginia 23455June 8, 2015
Overall my work experience with Sentara Health has been limited to 2 years in one department. The company as a whole seems to be a great place to work. Advancing from my current department with the current jobs available is difficult.
Pros
Great benifits, friendly work environment, flexible hours in most areas
Cons
Unable to find a position outside of current department.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 4, 2015
MANAGEMENT AND COWORKER ARE VERY GREAT,ATYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS VERY GOOD, NO HARD PART ABOUT THIS JOB, LEARNING THINGS ARE VERY GOOD
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Great company to work for
LAN/Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2015
Sentara Health Care is a great company to work for. The employees and management are friendly and create a comfortable and enjoyable working environment.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
limited promotional opportunities
Productive and fun work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed everything about this company. Management team is awesome and they listen to each employee concern/opinion. The pay is great, the training is great and the employees are down to earth and always there to help in any way!
Pros
Great Management, Pay, Opportunity for advancement, fun enviroment
great place
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, will recommend to family and friends, work there for over 15 year, great doctors, work as a team.great work place, great benefits, job security and advancement, management.
A Day At Sentara
Administration Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 15, 2015
I love working for Sentara Healthcare. The work enviorment is great, peolpe are very nice. Working on the Labor Delivery uint you never know what the day will be like. It can be full of anxiety, fun, even become stressful. Therare days its laid back not much to do on the unit.
Pros
Getting to experience and education of the unit.
Cons
The cafeteria food is horrible.
Great place, excellent benefits!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 13, 2015
Sentara is an amazing place to work! The teamwork and morale is phenomenal! All of the staff is so knowlegeable in their respective fields and they're always willing to teach. Benefits are top notch and the pay is right in line with the job market. I think Sentara is an awesome organization that I would be happy to work for at any point in the future
My Job
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2015
At Sentara being a new nursing supervisor is new for me. I really appreciate being an ICU nurse. I think that being a Sentara employee can have its perks.
Pros
Spending time with the residents
Cons
Short staff
Great work environment. Highly knowledgeable co-workers
Clinical Documentation Specialist- RN (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 4, 2015
Great company for advancement. Great benefits. Always something new to learn & copious opportunities to contribute & use your skill set.
Pros
Promotion within company;Education continuation encouraged
Cons
Lots of meetings
Great Learning Environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2015
Great Place to learn and advance in nursing. Great for new nurses to gain time management skills. Shift are 12hrs to help promote continum of care for patients.
Pros
Knowlegable skills in nursing.
Cons
There are no cons.
Sentara Health system is a great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 1, 2015
Sentara believes that employees make a differences in the safety of the patients. Sentara has procedures, and policies in place to assist employees perform there job functions.

On a daily work schedule, which includes providing service to all employees that are turning back to work after an injury or in need of a yearly annual.

I have learned so much for my job and the employees that I serve.
The hardest part of the job is that you really don't have sufficient time to spend with the employees. This is due to other employees needing to be seen. The clinic that I worked for was very busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the co-works.
Pros
Lunchs are scheduled