SENTEL Corporation

SENTEL Corporation Employee Reviews

BAD
Inventory Management Specialist (Mobile RPAT) (Current Employee), AfghainstanJune 10, 2015
was one my years of working all supply jobs from warehousing to supply room and parts section there was 3 person at the Interview with my Resume and ask questions on the PBUSE System and how it worked. They also ask how there Supply Room files should be made and taken care of using the Property Book for the unit and what items was part of the system and how to make a component listing for each Army Line number. They also ask how to make a Hand receipt file for each Hand Receipt holder and how it was used to keep track of each component on the Hand receipt and how often they were inspected for any missing or broken item and how each Hand Receipt was filed so it could be checked by each commander. They also ask how the Receipt was keep on record and how long you keep it on file before it was no longer needed
overseas Afghanistan
Process Coordinator / Inspector (Current Employee), 1101 King Street, Suite 550 Alexandria, VA 22314May 4, 2015
SENTEL was founded in 1987 as an engineering company supporting the U.S. government with electromagnetic capabilities and sensor integration. As the needs of our customers have grown, and technology has accelerated to match, SENTEL has substantially grown capability areas to provide the services our customers need. SENTEL now supports integrated logistics, information technology, intelligence, engineering, mission support, business services and test and evaluation services for a variety of clients. Our multi-faceted company is currently engaged in various high profile initiatives ranging from major integrated logistics initiatives, border protection, system engineering services, geophysical monitoring technology, safety management, intelligence support activities, chemical and biological detection, security product development and software development.
Great place to work with potential for excellence!
Cost Accountant Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
A typical day at work: Sentel has a good work environment, the staff work very well together. It's a pleasure to come to work be productive and manage a busy work schedule.

What I've learned: I have grown so much working with well informed professionals, I have become an expert in CP7.01 thanks to Sentel.

Management: Is good.

Coworkers: The staff here is focused they work hard. The atmosphere is pleasant and commendable.

The hardest part of the job: Knowing the contract will soon end and it will be time to move on.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Having the opportunity to manage a project from ITD to finish and feel the work was appreciated.
It means a great deal to be apart of an establishment with the potential to accomplish great goals.
coworkers are fun to work with
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee), Bagram AfghanistanApril 21, 2015
learned army property book system
management likes to micro manage it's employees
hardest part of the day is to obey all the rules they have in place
Below average contracting experience
Asset Visibility Logistician/Data Analyst (Former Employee), OCONUSApril 18, 2015
Pros: Some good people
Cons: Micromanagement
I worked with a great bunch of people and had a great team manager. Upper management tended toward the micro-management philosophy. I took a pay cut when this company assumed the contract I was on.
It was a wonderful company to work for, I miss it.
Property Accountability Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 19, 2015
This company took over our old contract, they kept many of the old employees. The benefits were not as good, and they pay was decreased. But it was a government contract, so they won the contract and we continued to work as normal, just without the previous benefits.
Outstanding Company. Good Management
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanOctober 17, 2014
A work day in Afghanistan is a full day; 12 1/2 hrs
I have learned to live in austere conditions associated with the military.
Management takes care of their people.
My co-workers are close because of our assignment.
The hardest part of the job is not having a bath tub, being so far away from the United States and not being with loved ones at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter shared amongst co-workers. Some stuff people say and do is actually funny at times.
High volume of work, analysis
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: full benefits
Daily communicate with customers, analyze disposition request of property and research excess and shortage customer account to redirect property to respective and demanding high priority unit. Constantly use Microsoft program, ie., excess, word, and power point, DST decision support tool, PBUSE property book unit supply enhance. Assist company supply sergeant and property book office on property accountability.
Great personnel
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great hours and environment of work
Best qualified personnel and experience on supply operation. A good friendly company
Job security in warzone with substandard pay for danger potential.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Alexandria, VA/Bagram, AfghanistanMay 6, 2014
Pros: free meals and housing.
Cons: short breaks, long hours and, no days off.
A typical day, 7 days a week, is working from 07:00 to 19:30 everyday! I learned more about the military supply structure and how to better manage my time and life structure. Management is OK yet could be much better when it comes to supplying people with the necessary tools, supplies and time off. Co-workers are OK, Supervisor is great! The hardest part of the job is the monotony of doing the same task each day for 12 hours. The most enjoyable part is interacting with my co-workers.
fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee), King George, VAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere and people to work with.
Cons: 40hr, when i started it was 32.
best description is it was like going from home to home. I loved my job and doing for all the employees. I greeted customers, arranged conference room scheduling, got their lunches and sometimes breakfast. Did all the FedEx lables, pick up arrangement and insurance notification. I did all supply inventory and ordering.
Got along with all the managers and made helpful suggestions how to cut cost or what would benifit the company. I have a secert clearance.
Most enjoyable part of my job was helping my fellow employees in any way i could.
I am very dependable, even showed up in ice storm when no one else was there!!
I would like to find a nice atmosphere like SENTEL on a part time or 32hr week.
Place more emphasis on training resources for employees
Sr. Electronic Engineering Technician (Former Employee), King George, VAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, laid back atmosphere.
Cons: some managers with little or no people skills.
Right place at the right time in my life but no security as with other businesses that depend on contractual awards for continued employment.
Middle to low end of contracting companies
Process Coordinator/Inspector II (Current Employee), Bagram RPATOctober 2, 2013
Inspect and Account for TPE items in Afgahnistan for the US Army. 12 hours a day 7 days a week. The hardest part of the job is being here and the best part is leaving to go on R&R.
Great company until all the layoffs.
Receptionist (Current Employee), King George, VAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: pleasant work conditions
I am always at work and love my job. It breaks my heart the company is laying off so many of us. I do all the shipping labels and set up pick up, also keep track for future shipments. Receive and deliver all faxes.
I order all supplies for vending machines as well as general office needs. I have a seceret security clearance. Get along with all my co-workers.
I truely look forward to coming to work every day and have not missed any work except for mediacal appointments. In the 11 years i have been here i have never taken a vacation!!
I am very reliable and my previous supervisor said i was an asset to this company and that they were lucky to have a responsible to greet the clients, arrange lunches and reserve conference rooms.
Not a good Company, poor ethics
EOSS (Former Employee), Ft CarsonOctober 16, 2012
Pros: good training
Cons: poor leadership
Too much favortism and the good ol boy system.. Leadership is poor and hiring people that were worthless is typical practice. ManTech was a much better company .
No job security here! Very poor employee moral.
EOSS (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXOctober 1, 2012
Pros: you got a job. pay isnt bad.
Cons: have to wait a year for vacation. employees wont see benefit dollars if covered by someone else.
There is no moral or job security at this company. When the company bidded on the contract, they bidded too low and realized that it was too low. Now they are trying to find ways to cut corners like cutting employees before their anniversary date so they don't pay out vacation and then bring the employees back on a different contractor to start over again. Moral is very low and employees feel like they are being targeted for termination.
Great work environment and good upper management
Inventory Specialist/ Material handler (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: independent work environment and close knit teams.
Cons: contract work is not stable and one never knows when a job will come to an end.
I really enjoyed working for Sentel. The work environment is great. Everyone got along well and supported each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was baing able to perform a hand back to the customer, of their products at 100%. It's a good feeling to not have any product come up missing and the customer is satisfied
that all went well in the transition. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye when the lay-offs started happening.
NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
LOG 1 (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 28, 2012
THIS IS A VERY CHEAP COMPANY RAN BY ATTORNEYS THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU FAIRLY
Not a good company to work for
log 1 (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 28, 2012
this company finds ways to short change people's wages..... Its ran by former attornies who find gaps in the law to harm the workers compensation

About SENTEL Corporation

SENTEL helps clients analyze data, communicate, and sniff out chemical agents. The company is an information technology and engineering – Read more

SENTEL Corporation Salaries