SENTEL Corporation Employee Reviews

it is good job
Data Entry Clerk SAMS (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 4, 2017
It is good job but, good supervisors, but bad management. Don't treat you good. Make you feel like you are low life and have no respect for you. If change a management it would be great place to work
Pros
bad management
Very disorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Since I've been there, they have altered the dress code policy and are now prohibiting nose rings. The supervisor is very lazy and makes the lead do all her work. They never seem to let hard workers advance and give the lazy employees with nasty attitudes jobs they've applied to. This is a contract I would not recommend anybody to for.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunch
Afghanistan
Processor Coordinator Inspector (Former Employee) –  BagrāmAugust 26, 2017
I worked for Sentel in Afghanistan and they paid the great and the people I worked with was good and the only bad thing was the vacation it was 14 days.
There are a number of nice people working at Sentel, but management is a bit rudderless.
Safety Risk Management Expert (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Sentel, but promotion and career opportunities were not merest based. A number of employees resented extra effort and management would not deal with unproductive employees. I would not work there again unless significant policy changes were implemented.
Pros
4 weeks vacation.
Cons
Lack of accountability for poor performance.
Process Coordinator Inspector
Process Coordinator Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bagram Airfield, AfghanistanMarch 21, 2017
 Provided data entry, Line Item Numbers (LIN), data roll-up and daily reports that capture all retrograded equipment using Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) and Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW). Perform mission-required operational duties and collaborate with other echelons of supervisions to coordinate activities between departments at the (RPAT) Redistribution Property Assistance Team.
working in support of the US Military in Afghanistan
Senior Data Entry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFMarch 21, 2017
In a hostile environment where we are in danger from incoming attacks from the Taliban and ISIS. Being away from family in Texas, I am looking for a better job in Houston, TX.
High spped work environment
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagrām Air Base AfghanistanMarch 15, 2017
I was working in Afghanistan in a high speed work environment with the military. I worked as a property book account manager for soldiers on the front line managing their supply books, ordering supplies, and making sure the commander books are 100% before he departs from theater
Pros
i learned alot of things from the stressful environment
Cons
i worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day six months at a time
Awesome company to work for!
Process Coordinator Inspector (PCI) (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFMarch 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Sentel because hard work is rewarded with the opportunity for professional growth. The company is well run and employees are given every opportunity to be successful.
Pros
End of contract bonus
Cons
Limited vacation time
Productive and competitive work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Contract ended on 2015 looking forward to move to Fort Hood, TX due to bigger installation more job opportunities. Also want change scenery not much to do here in Fort Sill, OK.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
15 minutes break, good benefits
Not a Productive Place to be...
PBUSE/Data Entry, Contractor, Afghanistan (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 30, 2015
Awful place to work. Leadership consists of Military and they know NOTHING about Leadership. They only know military and they treat people like soldiers....
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Always people watching, to tell your every move. Very Stressful place
the most enjoyable part of the job
Master Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram AfghanistanSeptember 3, 2015
great company to work for, good benefits co-worker where some of the best people I have been around. I've learn so many thing for my co-worker good team environment
Great
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 26, 2015
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. PM was very polite easy going. I was not supervised and got my work done. Friendly enviroment, employees were always satisfied
Pros
H&w, enviroment
Cons
can't say I have any
Bad
Inventory Management Specialist (Mobile RPAT) (Current Employee) –  AfghainstanJune 10, 2015
was one my years of working all supply jobs from warehousing to supply room and parts section there was 3 person at the Interview with my Resume and ask questions on the PBUSE System and how it worked. They also ask how there Supply Room files should be made and taken care of using the Property Book for the unit and what items was part of the system and how to make a component listing for each Army Line number. They also ask how to make a Hand receipt file for each Hand Receipt holder and how it was used to keep track of each component on the Hand receipt and how often they were inspected for any missing or broken item and how each Hand Receipt was filed so it could be checked by each commander. They also ask how the Receipt was keep on record and how long you keep it on file before it was no longer needed
overseas Afghanistan
Process Coordinator / Inspector (Current Employee) –  1101 King Street, Suite 550 Alexandria, VA 22314May 4, 2015
SENTEL was founded in 1987 as an engineering company supporting the U.S. government with electromagnetic capabilities and sensor integration. As the needs of our customers have grown, and technology has accelerated to match, SENTEL has substantially grown capability areas to provide the services our customers need. SENTEL now supports integrated logistics, information technology, intelligence, engineering, mission support, business services and test and evaluation services for a variety of clients. Our multi-faceted company is currently engaged in various high profile initiatives ranging from major integrated logistics initiatives, border protection, system engineering services, geophysical monitoring technology, safety management, intelligence support activities, chemical and biological detection, security product development and software development.
Great place to work with potential for excellence!
Cost Accountant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work: Sentel has a good work environment, the staff work very well together. It's a pleasure to come to work be productive and manage a busy work schedule.

What I've learned: I have grown so much working with well informed professionals, I have become an expert in CP7.01 thanks to Sentel.

Management: Is good.

Coworkers: The staff here is focused they work hard. The atmosphere is pleasant and commendable.

The hardest part of the job: Knowing the contract will soon end and it will be time to move on.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Having the opportunity to manage a project from ITD to finish and feel the work was appreciated.
It means a great deal to be apart of an establishment with the potential to accomplish great goals.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
coworkers are fun to work with
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bagram AfghanistanApril 21, 2015
learned army property book system
management likes to micro manage it's employees
hardest part of the day is to obey all the rules they have in place
Below average contracting experience
Asset Visibility Logistician/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  OCONUSApril 18, 2015
I worked with a great bunch of people and had a great team manager. Upper management tended toward the micro-management philosophy. I took a pay cut when this company assumed the contract I was on.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Micromanagement
It was a wonderful company to work for, I miss it.
Property Accountability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 19, 2015
This company took over our old contract, they kept many of the old employees. The benefits were not as good, and they pay was decreased. But it was a government contract, so they won the contract and we continued to work as normal, just without the previous benefits.
Outstanding Company. Good Management
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanOctober 17, 2014
A work day in Afghanistan is a full day; 12 1/2 hrs
I have learned to live in austere conditions associated with the military.
Management takes care of their people.
My co-workers are close because of our assignment.
The hardest part of the job is not having a bath tub, being so far away from the United States and not being with loved ones at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter shared amongst co-workers. Some stuff people say and do is actually funny at times.
High volume of work, analysis
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Daily communicate with customers, analyze disposition request of property and research excess and shortage customer account to redirect property to respective and demanding high priority unit. Constantly use Microsoft program, ie., excess, word, and power point, DST decision support tool, PBUSE property book unit supply enhance. Assist company supply sergeant and property book office on property accountability.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
full benefits