Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group Employee Reviews

Current Employee
Retirement Services (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 1, 2017
I have been a Sentinel employee for 6+ years and it has been a great experience. The company advances from within based on performance and takes an interest in where their employees see themselves going. While the company is over 200 employees in multiple locations the feeling of a family environment makes it a great place to work. In addition, the strong work life balance takes part of the stress away from managing family life with young children and growing a career. Overall a fantastic place to work.
May 8, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Integrity is one of Sentinel’s core values and we commit to doing the right thing all the time, when we say we’ll do something we do it. We feel it is imperative to continuously encourage our employees to work together in both the workplace and within the community in order to build stronger relationships. Thank you for your ongoing dedication and hard work!

Great Place to Build Your Career
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 21, 2017
Transitioning into a full time position at Sentinel after working for a year in the sports industry right after college was the best decision for me personally and professionally. Right away I was given the tools to excel and haven't stopped since. It is nice to work for a company with such supportive Senior Management that strives to make their employees better each day. Sentinel is a great place to start in an entry level position and climb the ranks by always being hungry to learn and working hard each and every day.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, Great work\life balance, Great Senior Management
Cons
The only con would be I wish that we had more integration with our New York offices.
May 8, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! At Sentinel we are committed to continuously creating a culture where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We are glad you feel supported by senior management, and thank you for your ongoing contribution to the company.

Great Place to work! Great People to work with
Operations Group (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 19, 2017
I love this company. The best place I've worked by far. Flexible work schedules, great support by management, room to advance. One on one training.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Sentinel we believe our people and our culture are imperative to our success as a company. At Sentinel we are committed to continuously creating a culture where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We also acknowledge that every employee has a life outside of work and we believe it’s important to be flexible and accommodate the different needs of our employees. We appreciate your ongoing dedication to the company!

IT staff is worthless to management, replaced at one point by interns.
SYSTEM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAApril 13, 2017
Good chance to work on new technologies. IT staff is disposable and can be replaced for no true reasons. Management has a low value on individual IT personnel.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Innovation is one of Sentinel’s core values and we are never satisfied with the status quo, we will continue to evolve and adapt and look to find ways to improve our technologies.

Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group has a wonderful work environment. The atmosphere is very positive and the employees that they have are amazing.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 28, 2014
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group has a very positive atmosphere. The employees are all very knowledgeable in their responsibilities.The management staff always has their door open and are always willing to talk to their employees.
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group has given me six wonderful years so far, and I would recommend the company to anyone who asked. We are all very close to each other, and while the company has continued to grow, the "Family" values have remained the same.
Former employee
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Reading massAugust 22, 2014
Company lays off often as well as does not promote from within. Hires from outside instead.
Productive and fun workplace
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAMarch 16, 2014
Tight-knit company with great growth opportunities. A very enjoyable work atmosphere with terrific and knowledgeable people and great support.
Good work atmosphere with ability to constantly learn new techniques
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJune 5, 2013
Processing retirement payrolls as they arrive. Managing incoming files and troubleshooting issues with file transfers. Training other associates in processing steps. Knowledge of Relius Administration, Sage Saleslogix, and other Sentinel-based programs. Good work atmosphere and teamwork.
Advancement
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, MASeptember 21, 2012
There was no room for advancement. After many attempts to move to other departments, management was slow and the opportunities were filled by outside candidates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group Reviews by Location