This position provides internal and external communication services to corporate, marketing, national and international sales teams and regional offices to enable Sentinel to meet strategic priorities. Works directly with our CEO, President and VP of Sales & Marketing to develop communication plans, competitive data materials and technical manuals. Our target audience is Corrections, law enforcement and Courts. Our goal is to ensure consistency of our message inside and outside of the organization.
Job Expectations and Essential Functions:
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies for effective internal and external communications
- Writes, produces and oversees the distribution of all print communications such as RFP’s, newsletters, sales and
marketing materials, management communications, teleconference scripts etc.
- Edits written communication documents prepared by others
- Designs and produces printed material for communication programs and brochures, etc
- Participates in developing and executing project communication plans for Management and Sales teams
- Researches and writes communication plans; executes all or portions of plans, including arranging teleconferences,
site visits making presentations, convening meetings and conducting training to internal departments
- Provides communications support for internal departments developing communication strategies
- Coordinates internal communication programs and develops new ones using technology/electronic media such as
video, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc
- Works with Corporate and IT staff in developing technical materials
- Participates in the development and implementation of a proactive media plan
- Builds relationships with media representatives
- Researches and writes press releases, scripts, fact sheets and responses to media inquiries, within area of
- Prepares staff for interviews and public presentations
- Develops media information kits as needed
- Coordinates distribution of publicity
- Communicates with press as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications.
- Ten years related experience in corporate, public and government purchasing settings.
- Must successfully pass criminal background investigation, fingerprinting and drug screening.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge and experience in a variety of areas such as journalism or business and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in a variety of word processing and presentation software, database applications and desktop publishing,
graphics and layout to produce newsletters and other publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and team work skills.
- Ability to maintain high productivity amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management, organizational and consulting skills.
Sentinel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
Indeed - 4 months ago
Sentinel Offender Services is one of the nation's leading providers of offender supervision services. Since beginning operations in 1993, we...