Sentinel Offender Services Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2017
Its a great office with good people. The training was easy and the work wasn't difficult. i learned alot about time management and having a clear focus while working there.
Poor Leadership + Lack of Vision = Mediocre Company
Monitoring Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Prototypical entrepreneurial company. Largely rudderless as Owner/CEO is incapable of delegating any activities that could lead to business growth. Executive leaders are always the smartest guys in the room and, as the growth of the company indicates, is also almost always wrong. This is a devasting combination.

In a multi-billion dollar space, Sentinel is—and will remain—a small-time $25 million company incapable of growing beyond the reach of the owner. While this is nothing new in the entrepreneurial world, it does not diminish the frustration of knowing that the company could (and should) be substantially more.

Leadership will not focus on what could make the company best in class instead, the entire organization is held hostage by the "idea of the week."

No budgeting process whatsoever. No long-term planning of any kind. Nepotism has created a sales team that is held completely unaccountable and is largely ineffective.

The staff remains the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Staff is genuinely invested in working together to achieve goals.
Cons
Ownership is completely out of touch with employees, markets and modern technology.
Great place to work short term. Great environment.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Typical 9 to 5 job with stable income. The business isn't going anywhere for a while and there won't be a shortage of participants on the program anytime soon. The feeling of your job walking on egg shells is not present here, but advancement is rare. Time off is not looked down upon, but not encouraged either. Management is understanding with family emergencies which is nice. Working with offenders can be stressful at times, but not bad overall. Even though work is done with sheriffs on a regular basis, the office environment is relaxed. Learning to work with diverse personalities and how to handle offenders of all natures is viewed as a positive for myself improving my human relation skills. In the end this is a great place to work until you find a better paying job.
Pros
1 hour lunch, open door policy with management, standard benefits and Life Mart discount perks.
Cons
slow growth within the company, raises are hard to come by and if you do get one it takes a while to kick in.
Nice enviornment
Administration Assistant/Accounting Assistants (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Management was wonderful, I had two managers and the both were pretty flexible. The defendants was pretty respectable. The environment was enjoyable on the in side but the outside was were in an area where it was a lot of violence.
Pros
experiment
Cons
the job ending
Dont work here unless you need case management experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 9, 2016
Co workers were awesome. Loved working with the people. It's the management, stress, and hours and sucky pay that ruins it. Don't expect to get out of the office on time ever. Hours are supposed to be 830 to 500 but it was more like 830 to 700. The case loads keep growing and growing and there is little support from management. You get yelled at for taking to long with a client but then get yelled at for not catching everything. Also you get told to not expect lunch breaks and that even if the roads are covered in ice you are still expected to come to work. The only reason I would suggest to work there is for case management experience. However try not to work there over a year because you will get burnt out fast.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Pay, hours, no guaranteed breaks, management, stress
Sentinel Offender Services Review
Drug Screen Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47901May 25, 2016
A typical day includes the following; drug screening male offenders, working with probation and community corrections, entering information into system data base, filing paper work, making cash deposits at company bank, cleaning office work area, and managing inventory office supplies.

What I learned is mistakes are not tolerated, and that job security with advancement is non existent.

Management that I have dealt with are okay, not really experienced in supervisory field. I did and do respect my direct supervisor. My supervisor was in a difficult situation during my time with the company.

The co-workers I've worked with were great! I made three friendships, that I am grateful for.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with double standards, along with not being liked, or supported by the county probation and community corrections staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and making three awesome friends, and clocking out at the end of each day.
No pay raises
Clerk / GPS Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years and never got a raise. Was promised a raise time and time again and got nothing. Worked with old computer. They should spend more money on raises and up to date equipment to work with.
Pros
Hour for lunch
Cons
No raises
Low Pay, heavy workload, Sr Management Detached
operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Sr Management makes empty promises regarding pay raises to string employees along. Pay raises do not exist in the eyes of the owner. The owner is completely detached to the center despite his frequent statement of telling people that its the heart and soul of his company. All of the executives have no idea how much work is done in the center and all they care about is their profits. The center is run down, with ancient computer equipment, dirty carpet, dirty walls, just not a pleasant place to work.

Senior Management should spend time with the staff and observe the work. They should invest in the employees and give people raises. Call centers now hire at $15.00 and most everyone at this company makes $13.00 No room to grow or to progress- dead end job.
Pros
Co-workers were great, and center management cared about the staff.
Cons
Low Pay, Sr Management does not care, no room for growth.
Monitor offender population
National Monitoring Center Swing Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at work involves supervising day to day activities of monitoring center operators while ensuring the team meets key performance indicators. This job requires a lot of knowledge in product's and monitoring applications; therefore, I have continuously update myself on sentinel's products and platforms. Management is fairly new. I assisted the previous monitoring center manager with keeping up to date with operating procedure and personnel related issues. I supervise all co workers to make sure work is processed accordingly. The hardest part I would have to say is keeping up with new equipment that comes out as well as product knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching the employees how to become independent.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No breaks and having to stay over my ten hours.
Management was flexible for family and personal emergencies. Great Opportunity for those trying to get experience in criminal justice frield.
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 9, 2015
Typical day at work is a fast paced environment with a lot of work to do. The office environment was lax but the clients and caseload was stressful. Due to high churn rate there would be times of even higher stress. There is always something new to learn and plenty of conflict resolution experience. The hardest part about the job was having to deal with a lot of stress most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work closely with law enforcement and other agencies towards a common goal.
Pros
On the job training experience most companies wouldn't give.
Cons
Pay is not competitive.
Productive place to work
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work consist of meeting with probationers according to established schedule; advising clients of conditions of probation and ensuring probationers comply with the conditions of probation.
Managing individual case files, recording all client contacts, place of residence, employment and criminal convictions.
Non productive work place and horrible customer service
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Contacting probationers to make payments and submit to drug screens, learned coping mechanisims and various parts of the legal field, co-workers were ok, hardest partof the job was getting probationers to make payments, the most enjoyable part of the job was releasing probationers after completing conditions ordered by the Court.
Pros
Working at own pace
Cons
Harrassing customers for payments
Only if you're desperate
Monitoring Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2015
This place is one of the worse places to ever work. They do not give raises and only continue to give more work along with never holding the appropriate party accountable for issues with equipment or the systems used. The people on the floor are generally cool and go with the flow but management is useles. Only work here if you're desperate or need a year of experience for gong to some sort of law enforcement.
Pros
3 day weekends on some shifts
Cons
Benefits, management, pay
Not a place for opportunity...
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2015
Co-workers are great...other than that everything is pretty bad. You will never get a raise or be recognized for your effort to provide great customer service.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Never get a raise but you'll get more and more work.
Its an OK job
Gina Childs - Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
You will learn alot but you have to have patience and it was poor management.
Sentinel Offender Services
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 17, 2014
It was a busy fast paced day. I enjoyed the level of professionalism from all staff members. My co-worker was great, we balanced our work out equally.

I enjoyed working with Sentinel. I also liked the type of work that was offered to me.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Office politics for higher up position was crazed.
Typical day at work
Court Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 12, 2014
I come in to a friendly environment. I get appointments from Probation Officers so I can go to court to sign paople up for probation at Sentinel Offender services. I sit in the courtroom and listen to the various pleas, status hearings, probation revocations, and sentencing. When a defender is convicted of a misdemeaner, I get their information so they can officially start probation. Their first meeting with a Probation Officer would be in a week to ten days. I go back to the office and input the information into the Sentrak program. I assist Probatuon Officers with various documents such as Probation Revocations.
Pros
Long lunches when I must return to court at 1:30 pm
Cons
There have not been any raises
n/a
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2014
its a great job. Its in a call center environment with multi-line phones. There is never a dull moment. So much that you can learn with the different platforms.
Productive and fun enviroment
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 16, 2014
Supervising a caseload of +200 offenders
Regularly calling a missed appointment list
Preparing revocations
Serving revocations to defendants incarcerated
Processing credit card and cash transactions
Preparing warrants
Writing court orders as they are stated by a Judge
Processing court intakes with new offenders
Maintaining a network of relationships with officials in the community
Fast paced environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 28, 2014
Fast paced environment, it requires you to be detail oriented, very efficient with your time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentinel Offender Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6