Sentinel Offender Services Employee Reviews in United States

Low Pay, heavy workload, Sr Management Detached
operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Sr Management makes empty promises regarding pay raises to string employees along. Pay raises do not exist in the eyes of the owner. The owner is completely detached to the center despite his frequent statement of telling people that its the heart and soul of his company. All of the executives have no idea how much work is done in the center and all they care about is their profits. The center is run down, with ancient computer equipment, dirty carpet, dirty walls, just not a pleasant place to work.

Senior Management should spend time with the staff and observe the work. They should invest in the employees and give people raises. Call centers now hire at $15.00 and most everyone at this company makes $13.00 No room to grow or to progress- dead end job.
Pros
Co-workers were great, and center management cared about the staff.
Cons
Low Pay, Sr Management does not care, no room for growth.
No pay raises
Clerk / GPS Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years and never got a raise. Was promised a raise time and time again and got nothing. Worked with old computer. They should spend more money on raises and up to date equipment to work with.
Pros
Hour for lunch
Cons
No raises
Dont work here unless you need case management experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 9, 2016
Co workers were awesome. Loved working with the people. It's the management, stress, and hours and sucky pay that ruins it. Don't expect to get out of the office on time ever. Hours are supposed to be 830 to 500 but it was more like 830 to 700. The case loads keep growing and growing and there is little support from management. You get yelled at for taking to long with a client but then get yelled at for not catching everything. Also you get told to not expect lunch breaks and that even if the roads are covered in ice you are still expected to come to work. The only reason I would suggest to work there is for case management experience. However try not to work there over a year because you will get burnt out fast.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Pay, hours, no guaranteed breaks, management, stress
Sentinel Offender Services Review
Drug Screen Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47901May 25, 2016
A typical day includes the following; drug screening male offenders, working with probation and community corrections, entering information into system data base, filing paper work, making cash deposits at company bank, cleaning office work area, and managing inventory office supplies.

What I learned is mistakes are not tolerated, and that job security with advancement is non existent.

Management that I have dealt with are okay, not really experienced in supervisory field. I did and do respect my direct supervisor. My supervisor was in a difficult situation during my time with the company.

The co-workers I've worked with were great! I made three friendships, that I am grateful for.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with double standards, along with not being liked, or supported by the county probation and community corrections staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and making three awesome friends, and clocking out at the end of each day.
Monitor offender population
National Monitoring Center Swing Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at work involves supervising day to day activities of monitoring center operators while ensuring the team meets key performance indicators. This job requires a lot of knowledge in product's and monitoring applications; therefore, I have continuously update myself on sentinel's products and platforms. Management is fairly new. I assisted the previous monitoring center manager with keeping up to date with operating procedure and personnel related issues. I supervise all co workers to make sure work is processed accordingly. The hardest part I would have to say is keeping up with new equipment that comes out as well as product knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching the employees how to become independent.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No breaks and having to stay over my ten hours.
Only if you're desperate
Monitoring Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2015
This place is one of the worse places to ever work. They do not give raises and only continue to give more work along with never holding the appropriate party accountable for issues with equipment or the systems used. The people on the floor are generally cool and go with the flow but management is useles. Only work here if you're desperate or need a year of experience for gong to some sort of law enforcement.
Pros
3 day weekends on some shifts
Cons
benefits, management, pay
Typical day at work
Court Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 12, 2014
I come in to a friendly environment. I get appointments from Probation Officers so I can go to court to sign paople up for probation at Sentinel Offender services. I sit in the courtroom and listen to the various pleas, status hearings, probation revocations, and sentencing. When a defender is convicted of a misdemeaner, I get their information so they can officially start probation. Their first meeting with a Probation Officer would be in a week to ten days. I go back to the office and input the information into the Sentrak program. I assist Probatuon Officers with various documents such as Probation Revocations.
Pros
long lunches when i must return to court at 1:30 pm
Cons
there have not been any raises
Management was flexible for family and personal emergencies. Great Opportunity for those trying to get experience in criminal justice frield.
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 9, 2015
Typical day at work is a fast paced environment with a lot of work to do. The office environment was lax but the clients and caseload was stressful. Due to high churn rate there would be times of even higher stress. There is always something new to learn and plenty of conflict resolution experience. The hardest part about the job was having to deal with a lot of stress most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work closely with law enforcement and other agencies towards a common goal.
Pros
On the job training experience most companies wouldn't give.
Cons
Pay is not competitive.
No Overtime, No Raises, Lots of Work
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 15, 2012
There is a lot of work that is required to do. You must be good at case management and multitasking. You must have good time management skills. Overtime is not allowed without permission from corporate - and it is not likely to be approved. You will rarely get a raise unless your position changes.
Not a place for opportunity...
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2015
Co-workers are great...other than that everything is pretty bad. You will never get a raise or be recognized for your effort to provide great customer service.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
never get a raise but you'll get more and more work.
Bad environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 27, 2012
Good entry level job but no room for advancement. Management is not consistent in rewards or punishment. Full of petty women.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no good benefits, pay, inconsistent managment
Over worked and under paid
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GaNovember 22, 2012
High expectations, large caseloads and no raises.. Disrespectful supervisors and low office morale...
Pros
great experience
Cons
management
Do your research
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 25, 2012
Good for the experience to build your resume, if you can survive that long. Fast paced environment and poor management skills. Issues are more personal than professional. Low pay, granted little off, and very little room for advancement.
Pros
case management experience
Cons
low pay, no room to advance, no time off, poor management
Great place to work if you do not care about people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2013
print reports, distribute to case managers, answer phones, take payments, all office duties.
You learn to multi-taslk quickly because it never ends
The case managers are very rude and hateful to their clients
The hardest part of the job was watching people go to jail because they didn't have the money to pay their fee. Some had never been to jail.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the weekend when we didn't have to work because that is the only time you have off besides Christmas day.
Pros
small office setting 5 total employees
Cons
no stability, no growth, the pay sucks, and you pay full benefits if you choose to have them
Work place had no moral. Management has no knowledge of company
Office Administrator/Intake officer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 19, 2012
The company that I worked for had cubicals for a work space and the work wasnt difficult. The hardest thing was working with managers and assistants the we're personal and not professional. That's never a good work environment.
Pros
learning the ends and outs of the court system where probation is concerned.
Cons
aweful system and bad management
Sentinel Offender Services
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 17, 2014
It was a busy fast paced day. I enjoyed the level of professionalism from all staff members. My co-worker was great, we balanced our work out equally.

I enjoyed working with Sentinel. I also liked the type of work that was offered to me.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
office politics for higher up position was crazed.
Non productive work place and horrible customer service
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Contacting probationers to make payments and submit to drug screens, learned coping mechanisims and various parts of the legal field, co-workers were ok, hardest partof the job was getting probationers to make payments, the most enjoyable part of the job was releasing probationers after completing conditions ordered by the Court.
Pros
working at own pace
Cons
harrassing customers for payments
Only if you really need a job
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2012
This private company really takes advantage of being private. The work is not worth the pay and the time off is little to none. The management at the Atlanta office is poor. The condition of the office is poor. Oh and don't let there be a natural disaster because even if the office closes they make you use your personal leave.
Fast pasted
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2013
Answer 50 plus e-mails per day

Audit time cards

Produce management reports

Assist employees with payroll inquires

Enter act with my co-works to discuss options to improve our financial department performance

The most enjoyable part of my job is multi tasking and completing the challenges for the day
Pros
being apart of the team
Productive place to work
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work consist of meeting with probationers according to established schedule; advising clients of conditions of probation and ensuring probationers comply with the conditions of probation.
Managing individual case files, recording all client contacts, place of residence, employment and criminal convictions.

2.9