Sentinel Offender Services

Sentinel Offender Services Employer Reviews

Only if you're desperate
Monitoring Center Operator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: 3 day weekends on some shifts
Cons: benefits, management, pay
This place is one of the worse places to ever work. They do not give raises and only continue to give more work along with never holding the appropriate party accountable for issues with equipment or the systems used. The people on the floor are generally cool and go with the flow but management is useles. Only work here if you're desperate or need a year of experience for gong to some sort of law enforcement.
Not a place for opportunity...
Call Center Operator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: never get a raise but you'll get more and more work.
Co-workers are great...other than that everything is pretty bad. You will never get a raise or be recognized for your effort to provide great customer service.
Its an OK job
Gina Childs - Office Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
You will learn alot but you have to have patience and it was poor management.
Sentinel Offender Services
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee), Compton, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: office politics for higher up position was crazed.
It was a busy fast paced day. I enjoyed the level of professionalism from all staff members. My co-worker was great, we balanced our work out equally.

I enjoyed working with Sentinel. I also liked the type of work that was offered to me.
Typical day at work
Court Services Officer (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: long lunches when i must return to court at 1:30 pm
Cons: there have not been any raises
I come in to a friendly environment. I get appointments from Probation Officers so I can go to court to sign paople up for probation at Sentinel Offender services. I sit in the courtroom and listen to the various pleas, status hearings, probation revocations, and sentencing. When a defender is convicted of a misdemeaner, I get their information so they can officially start probation. Their first meeting with a Probation Officer would be in a week to ten days. I go back to the office and input the information into the Sentrak program. I assist Probatuon Officers with various documents such as Probation Revocations.
n/a
Call Center Operator (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2014
its a great job. Its in a call center environment with multi-line phones. There is never a dull moment. So much that you can learn with the different platforms.
Productive and fun enviroment
Probation Officer (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 16, 2014
Supervising a caseload of +200 offenders
Regularly calling a missed appointment list
Preparing revocations
Serving revocations to defendants incarcerated
Processing credit card and cash transactions
Preparing warrants
Writing court orders as they are stated by a Judge
Processing court intakes with new offenders
Maintaining a network of relationships with officials in the community
Fast paced environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 28, 2014
Fast paced environment, it requires you to be detail oriented, very efficient with your time.
Productive and face paced environment
Probation Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2014
The office is pretty busy and face paced. The co workers are cool and pretty much easy to get alone with. The job requires good time management skills due to the high volume of work.
Probation Officer Aide (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included attending court, counseling defendants and speaking to family's. The hardest part of this job was to be able to speak to a person and not be able to tell them how you felt, but to abide by the law at all times. The most enjoyable part of this job was to see that a person don't make the same mistake in breaking the law and not coming back in the office to see me again
Unorganized and very unprofessional
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Augusta, GaNovember 12, 2013
My review was a lot of miscommunication and poor management for each officer within the company.
Great place to work if you do not care about people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: small office setting 5 total employees
Cons: no stability, no growth, the pay sucks, and you pay full benefits if you choose to have them
print reports, distribute to case managers, answer phones, take payments, all office duties.
You learn to multi-taslk quickly because it never ends
The case managers are very rude and hateful to their clients
The hardest part of the job was watching people go to jail because they didn't have the money to pay their fee. Some had never been to jail.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the weekend when we didn't have to work because that is the only time you have off besides Christmas day.
Fast pasted
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: being apart of the team
Answer 50 plus e-mails per day

Audit time cards

Produce management reports

Assist employees with payroll inquires

Enter act with my co-works to discuss options to improve our financial department performance

The most enjoyable part of my job is multi tasking and completing the challenges for the day
Friendly Coworkers
Office Manager (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CaAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at the office begins with managing timely exceptions and distributing to staff.

I learned to work with multicultural backgrounds and personalities. My immediate supervisors is a great person. She's very understanding of situations and will always teach with patience.
Great place to work, I Loved it
accountant/receptionist (Former Employee), cornelia ga & Gainesville gaJune 18, 2013
I handled the accounting, money coming in, deposits, accounts, data entry ect.
distributed monthly reports, attended court when needed.
House Arrest
Placed clients on HA and tracked their whereabouts. Maintained accurate case files on each client.
Exciting and rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: my own office, doing something that i enjoy doing, flexible lunch time, etc.
Cons: i do not recall any cons.
A typical day at work began with meeting my Senior Probation Officers and leads to discuss the agenda for today regarding probationer appointments, new warrants to be served for those that have violated the terms of their probation. Court schedule for the day and week. I learend the process of writing, validating, submit warrant to be served and the process of reviewing with the probationer the terms of his or her probation, and what will happen if the terms are violated. Coworkers were professional, mature and a pleasure to work with. The hardest job was watching some one come to court due to probation violation and be cuffed and taken to jail. However, the most rewarding was to see someone complete their probation and have the opportunity to get thier life back on track and start a new.
Great co-workers.
Assistant Monitoring Programs Officer (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GADecember 7, 2012
Pros: meeting interesting people.
Cons: seeing young people go to prison.
The hardest part about being a probation officer is seeing repeat offenders.
Do your research
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 25, 2012
Pros: case management experience
Cons: low pay, no room to advance, no time off, poor management
Good for the experience to build your resume, if you can survive that long. Fast paced environment and poor management skills. Issues are more personal than professional. Low pay, granted little off, and very little room for advancement.
Over worked and under paid
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Augusta, GaNovember 22, 2012
Pros: great experience
Cons: management
High expectations, large caseloads and no raises.. Disrespectful supervisors and low office morale...
Only if you really need a job
Probation Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2012
This private company really takes advantage of being private. The work is not worth the pay and the time off is little to none. The management at the Atlanta office is poor. The condition of the office is poor. Oh and don't let there be a natural disaster because even if the office closes they make you use your personal leave.

Sentinel Offender Services Salaries