WORK HOURS: M-Th 7 AM to 3 PM, Fri., 6 AM to 4 PM
Overtime periodically required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Education - Completion of High School or GED. Experience- fulfillment or bindery handwork, small machine exp. in a printing company a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: The Fulfillment Operator II is responsible for order picking, collating, hand insertion and small machine operation in the fulfillment of daily production needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Reviews Bill of materials (BOM’s) and prepares product at collation table for shipments
By counting and picking printed product and other items.
2. Performs collating and hand insertion of appropriate parts into plastic bag assembly kits.
Requires matching numbers and product to Bill of Materials (BOM).
3. Feeds and understands sealing machines. Seals each plastic bag assembly kit with a sealing machine. Reseals in new bags when bags are improperly sealed.
4. Off-loads machines, counts and checks quality including proper sealing of each assembly kit plastic bag before placing in the final tote.
5. Understands and utilizes software for tote label making. Prints out labels from the label program.
6. Packages, labels and prepares products for shipping. Records the last tote of an order with information noted in procedures and places all totes for that assembly part number on a skid with the skid sheet.
7. Informs Fulfillment Operator I’s or supervisor of repair and maintenance of the collating
and sealing machines.
8. Participates in Lean Manufacturing initiatives of Sentinel Printing Co., Inc. Participates on a daily basis as an active member of the department and in team meetings to analyze and improve processes and procedures (the way we do things). The improved processes should reduce costs, improve quality, and improve the turn around time of Sentinel’s products and services to create customer advocacy.
Non-Essential Job Duties
9. Performs related work as required by his supervisor.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting Approximately 19% of the time
Standing/Walking Approximately 81% of the time
Carrying/Lifting up to 34 lbs. Continuously
Carrying/Lifting up to 50 lbs. Frequently
Verbal communication Frequently
Written communication Continuously
Hearing normal conversation Occasionally
Use of sight, including near acuity and distinguishing colors, as well as far acuity, full field of vision, and depth perception. Continuously
Hearing high pitched and low pitched sounds. Frequently
Measures of Performance
1. All of the above tasks are carried out in a correct and timely manner.
2. The jobs are completed according to the specifications of the bid.
3. Immediately notifies their supervisor any time a problem exists.
4. Establishes a good working relationship with his/her fellow employees.
APPLY on our Website: www.sentinelprinting.com/careers. ( The careers tab is at the bottom of the home page. )