Sentinel Real Estate Corporation Employee Reviews

Not bad
Property Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  illinoisNovember 2, 2017
not a bad company at all from what i can remember. I think they underpay and thats about the only complaint i could think of. I worked with some cool guys!
Sentinel is a good place to work
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I have learned a lot working at Sentinel and it gave me the opportunity to have performed a large amount of real estate transactions with a wide array of different people in the industry.
Work environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
I really did enjoy working for the them, the pay is really good but advancement is hard. So I would recommend giving them a shot if your looking for a job in leasing.
Awsome company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2017
I loved working for this company they treat you like family great pay great benefits employees were great the complex was very clean and well maintained.
Pros
everything
DO NOT work as admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2017
Administrative assistants do not make enough money at this company and do not have any opportunity to move up in the ranks. Management is not terrible but there is not a positive workplace culture. We get a lot of sick/vacation days but then are expected to use them in bad weather (when subways or down in the snow).
Pros
hour long lunch break
Cons
healthcare
Great bosses
GM (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2017
You're very important to your direct supervisors, but just a number on paper to the top echelon. I would work for my direct supervisors again in a New York minute!
Pros
direction
Cons
old school mentality at top tier
Great Workplace
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2016
A typical workday is always busy. I learned that moving is very stressful. Management is excellent. My co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fulfill all of the must haves of a resident. The most enjoyable is receiving a "Thank You" for making stressful time less stressful.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Living where you work not always good.
Over all Good Company
General Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2015
Learned a great deal and excellent direction. It takes upper management forever to make changes and decide on things like what phone carrier to use, rehab color to us for counter tops, or what overgrown trees need to come down --- once they decide and the bids are in --- well one changes their mind and its back to square one. This happens over and over and over. However, the company is strong and the properties are well maintained. You are only a number on the paper when it all comes down to it. However, this is how it is at most companies at the end of the day. I was employed with Sentinel. Would I do it all over again, YES! Yes I would. With all the craziness and scare tactics I still learned a huge deal.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Lots
benifits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Health care is AWESOME.....Had to have a 80k surgery and only paid for about 5-7k.... Very very strict with policies and procedures.CEO is verrry old school...
Okay
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Redundant paper work, depends heavily on the property manager.. Company can be clicky..Likes to promote with in but has minimum requirements to stay in positions for a certain duration
Started as a Maintenance/Groundskeeper anded up as Maintenance Coordinator for Apartment communities in 5 States.
Maintenance Technician/ Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
In my beginning years as a Maintenance/Groundskeeper my typical day consisted of maintaining excellent Curb Appeal throughout the site as well as providing maintenance and turning units to "Rent Ready" status. Completed work orders in a timely manner and provided after hours on call. After being promoted to the Maintenance Supervisor position my role increased to supervising a staff of between 2-5 persons. I was also tasked with the responsibility to maintaining Pool/Spa water chemistry, cleaning them and troubleshooting and repairing their respective components/equipment i.e. pump/motors, heaters etc. Troubleshooting and Repairing HVAC systems was also an added responsibility. I was promoted to the Maintenance Coordinator position later and my responsibilities entailed developing 5 and 10 year capital improvements and programs for an apartment portfolio that consisted of apartment communities in 5 states in the Southwest.
Additional responsibilities included developing preventive maintenance programs, walking communities and developing capital improvements for each. The hardest part of the job was traveling to the different states. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the company afforded me the opportunity to grow in the Property Management Maintenance Field which aided me tremendously in my present career.
Fantastic Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
Sentinel was one of the most strict company's that I have worked for; however this made the job fantastic. Having strict guidelines gave the employees a safe and enjoyable work place. I learned a wide range of things working for Sentinel and I would love to work for them again some day.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Sell their properties often
Sentinel Real Estate 1200 Post Oak
Assistant Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
I was the Assistant Manager at this high end luxury apartment community. I posted rent on a daily basis, I was able to build a good rapport with all of my residents, and most did pay on time, so I hardly ever had to file eviction. I worked closely with my Manager and became Hi Rise Certified in Fire Safety. I also completed AP, payroll, trained all new staff and assisted my Property Manager with the daily reports. The hardest part of my job was that I was getting $9K per month luxury Pent House Suites leased. It was always a challenge, however we managed to lease those with the right advertising. The most enjoyable part of my job was being extremely proud of working for one of the nicest apartment communities at the time. We had every amenity you could imagine. A cigar Bar, A Wine cellar, state of the art fitness center, concierges and valet just to name a few!
Pros
Beautiful Hi-Rise property in the Galleria, Freedom to run the office, great health insurance and 401K match
Cons
Property was bought out by Camden
Female Employees Required to wear Skirts and Dresses
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2013
Unfortunately this is a company still living in the dark ages. Although this group has but a small presence in the Washington, DC area their dress code policy leaves a lot to be desired. All female employees are required to wear skirts and dresses everyday. This policy is strictly enforced by their on site Assistant VP for their DC office building. The policy goes as far as to require that contracted employees must follow it too.
A solid place to start a career
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2013
Low pressure work place, a great first step into the real estate field.
Pros
flexible scheduling
benefits
One of the best places I've ever worked.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2012
This was by far one of my best jobs to work. On a typical day, I would get to work early, because my boss would allow me an hour to get coffee or breakfast and settle down before work. She would do the same. Then the day starts, and most of my day would be proofreading, editing, working on powerpoint presentations, scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, etc. I did handle travel which was easy because most of the time my boss had to visit several sites. I loved the company outings and events. Everyone within the company worked as a team.
Good family run company.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2012
Great bunch of people to work with and you will get to learn a lot about the pension fund advisory business.
Pros
small company and you get to know everyone.
Cons
tough to move up, due to be such a small family owned company.