Sentry Insurance

Sentry Insurance Employer Reviews

N/A
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WINovember 18, 2014
This employeer is no longer working in the Stevens Point area. While they were here they were a good company.
Overall great place to work
Director, Program Management (Former Employee), Middleton, WINovember 2, 2014
Pros: compensation is good as well as opportunities to learn and develop.
Cons: benefits were expensive and limited.
Good place to work. Good engagement among all employees. Culture is good as well.
Claim agent support staff
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: company parties
Cons: none to mention
A typical work day was to assist claims agents with research for varied insurance claims. Greet customers via the phone, fax invoices. Management was great they did a lot of employee activities for growth within the company
THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HIRE AFRICAN AMERICANS IN GOLDSBORO NC
STOP AT THE DOOR (Former Employee), GOLDSBORO NCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: hires hispanics and whites only
Cons: racist company
THIS COMPANY IS RACIST!!! THEY DO NOT HIRE AFRICAN AMERICANS, SO IF YOU HATE WWORKING WITH AFRICAN AMERICANS.. THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU!!!
Not my jam.
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 19, 2014
This box can't contain my review, or my vigor. Our customers are terrifying people.
So much pressure at work and no appreciation
Lead ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIAugust 21, 2014
IT department is not that organized. Everyone has to work extra to meet the agressive deadlines.
Excellent company to work for
Support Center Analyst I (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers and management; made a lot of life long friends.
Cons: no cons
My typical day at Sentry Insurance was filled with many duties; answering phones, sorting mail, ordering supplies, helping other co-workers when needed. Management and co-workers were always very helpful and joy to work with.
It's insurance
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 27, 2014
Nothing good or bad to write about the company.
Casual dress environment.
Great to help people with their insurance needs
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 24, 2014
Pros: helping people protect their business and assets
Cons: small niche market…could not call on everyone
Business to business insurance sales. Sold commercial lines and developed a strong book of business through cold calling and follow through. With over 100 customers, time management was a priority as I had to balance renewals and service with developing new business. Managed my sales pipeline to achieve and exceed quotas.
professional work place
Custom Service Representative (Current Employee), Freeport, ILJune 24, 2014
Good place to work, great training and bonus program. Taking calls in an inbound call center with questions on car insurance.
A relaxed work environment with great managers
Material Damage Specialist (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 15, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site, get employees involved out side of work like parties and gatherings
Cons: having to sit in a chair all day, hard to get up and move around due to work load
Daily task management, calling claimants to settle claims, taking new assignments, Managing current assignments, answering calls when claimants have questions, managing emails, and helping others when needed.
I have learned so much on the insurance side of the claims, dispute resolution, better at negotiating, and how to process a total loss claim.
The – more... hardest part of my job is inspecting vehicles through photos. It can be difficult to determine the extent of the damages.
I enjoy the little bit of the investigative side. Ilike digging in to find out what really happened.
I really like my manager, we have alot of the same views on the repair process. – less
the most heinnous work experience you may ever edure . .
claim rep (Former Employee), rvaMay 1, 2014
Pros: its a paying job ad not a jail sentence
Cons: its a miserable place
There are a lot of reviews of the offices in WI, AZ, and NC, and those offices may deserve good reviews but thr RVA office is certain to disappoint. The stress level is unbelievable. The managment team is a group of the most miserable people you'll ever meet and MISERY LOVES COMPANY. You've got to do what got to do to pay bills but Sentry is not where – more... you'll want to plant your roots. If you just need a job take it and keep looking - get out quick before you're sucked into the culture of work place drinking and anti-depressants. P.S. the job description is a joke. The environment is so far from what they describe its like there trying to be funny. – less
General
New Business Processor (Former Employee), Freeport, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: only worked as a temp
I enjoyed learning about new things in the insurance world.
Productive Company
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIMarch 17, 2014
Always look forward to going to work. Can always move up through the company
Great place to work independently
Claims Coverage Verification Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: able to work independently . little supervision
Cons: when applying for better positon in company, decision made according how much person is liked and not according to senority or skill sets
Overall very satisfying job environment, fast paced, able to be part of management and claims managers. Confirmation of coverage's for claims.. Worked in compliance regarding state statutes for each state and laws that apply regarding eligibility for cancellation and non renewals. Great team work.
Loved working for this company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Denver, Colorado & Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: room to advance, great benefits
Cons: poor management
Reviewed claims and spoke with claimants and our insureds. This was a very fast paced atmosphere, which I excelled at. Management in most locations was great, however, the location that I worked at had untrained managers and made the job a bit challenging. The benefits and the training provided were phenomenal.
Really enjoyed working for this company
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Westford, MAJanuary 27, 2014
This was my first full time job out of high school. I worked with alot of nice people. My boss was wonderful. The company had a lot of good benefits. Co-workers were really nice and helpful. I learned alot about auto insurance for MA, VT, ME, CT and NH.
stay away
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee), Westford, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: small office
Cons: high stress
micro managers. they are more concerned with adjusters completing administrative screens than settling cases. EXTREMELY high stress. pay is terrible. they are based in WI and think everyone should be paid based on WI standard of living.
Terrible management and office politics!
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee), SALEM OREGONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
The only thing that will keep you sane working for sentry, are your co-workers!
This place is the bottom of the barrel for insurance companies. You have to be okay with being micro managed, put down, over worked, under paid, and stealing and lying to your insured's to make the company a penny. The management, especially at the Salem oregon office is – more... completely inept! Management targets employees, especially if they are deemed a threat to their own advancement, there is racism that goes unchecked all over the office and management spends more time gossiping about the employees than working. Your co-worked will be more knowledgable than your managers, and you will be expected to work weekends, and sometimes well into the night for a "closing party" to close as many claims as possible at the end of each month. This place was so stressful, my hair was falling out! You're better off applying to kemper claims, sentry is a JOKE. – less
ok job
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 7, 2014
It was ok.I really have nothing to say about this job. It paid bills. Not your average call center.

1 2 3 4

About Sentry Insurance

Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America. Sentry is one – Read more

Sentry Insurance Photos