Sentry Insurance Employee Reviews

Auto Appraiser (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 19, 2017
Allows broad scope of review of claims with minimal oversight; Opportunity for more efficient processes which would reduce turnaround on close out of claims
Productive work environment
Policy Services Processor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 7, 2017
Management does not micro manage, they have expectations that are reasonable. The hardest part of the job is when we are in a large renewal month, the only hard part is that there is a lot of work to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the fun activities and fundraisers that we participate in throughout the year.
Pros
positive work environment and fun activities to participate in.
Cons
we are in the process of switching to a new system and becoming paperless
Stable Company in Freeport Illinois
Product Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport ilJanuary 9, 2017
Employer of choice in Freeport Illinois. Customer Service and Operations departments as well as IT user acceptance testing. The culture in the Freeport office is supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
Limited Career advancement opportunities.
productive
Foreclosure/Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2017
A typical work day was very busy and productive. I learned how to be a leader and achieved my highest goals. Management was loyal and very helpful. The co-workers were all team players. The hardest part of the job was leaving. Staying employed and how they valued their employees.
Great environment, but no room for growth.
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 8, 2016
The management staff is wonderful at this job, but if you aren't political you will never move up the ranks. It is very difficult to make a name for yourself and or advance from your desk.
Do not have anything bad to say regarding the company
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 7, 2016
Very busy throughout the day which was great and before you know it the day is over. You also have the ability to move forward in the company.
Claims
Liability Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 29, 2016
The number of claims received is large. You are expected to make first contact within 24 hours, but you are expected to answer all of your incoming calls.

Work long hours with no work life balance,
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Management and claim volume
work place,
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 28, 2016
Every one is friendly in nature, very enthusiastic, more fun in break time,
Group parties in week ends with the team
cooperative staff in all Aspects.
Pros
free coupons for dinner
Cons
short breaks
Best Job Ever
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 17, 2016
I loved working at Sentry Insurance. My managers were amazing and the assignments were great. I learned so much while working there and wouldn't have left except they relocated my entire location. I chose to stay where I was.

By far the best company I have ever worked for. By far the best managers I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Felt our HR people violated HIPAA too many times
Its a direct sales job...
Business Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2016
Two CEO's, two director of sales & 3 mangers later... Sentry has a huge amount of employee turnover and recruiting from no industry experience candidates. This could be the best job ever if you have a territory with competitive rates, if not, it's very hard to make living selling a product that's 40% more expensive then a competitor. Managers are no help, simply cover territories until another body can be filled.
Pros
Company car and "exclusive" territories... exclusive is slowly eroding away...
Cons
Products not competitive-
Great job - rewarding and challenging.
Post Closing Specialist / Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
Great company. High expectations, but hard work is rewarded accordingly. Suitable for those who enjoy routine and structure. Must be able to adapt as industry regulations change often.
Pros
Great opportunites for personal growth.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for quick advancement within.
Bodily Injury Claim Experience
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2016
I was able to work on bodily injury claims for the first time. I used that experience to pursue my claims career further. The job got tough when employment was cut and I was able to find a better position.
Good Place to be
Senior A&P Mechanic IA (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 4, 2016
Good people and work environment for the most part a good team environment. New equipment and Airplanes. Able to work on your own in a fast paced at times environment.
Wonderful people to work with
Senior Rater (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 28, 2016
The people there were wonderful to work with and if you put in the work, you can advance in your career. The negatives were that we were understaffed and because of that we were required to work overtime every week, but we were compensated fairly. Overall, I would recommend Sentry to anyone looking for a career in insurance.
Unprofessional and company won't last long
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
They hire inexperience managers and think they can belittle you. HR will do nothing about it. Everything is a manual process and expect you to live at work to make goals. Company is a sweat shop and give them about six months to stay in business.
Pros
Cons
Management and pay
Great Organization, limited room to advance.
Marketing and Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 23, 2016
The organization values its associates but fails to provide any type of advancement opportunities. Many cases of micromanagement from the top-down structure, and the compensation is less than average. Great benefits but overall suffers from an office space like workplace.
Pros
Lots of vacation, nice people.
Cons
Salary, no advancement, micromanagement
Don't plan on retiring from here
Down-sized (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 6, 2016
Decades of work and saved the company millions during the course of my career, only to be let go a couple years before qualifying for early retirement. Sentry is notorious for massive terminations every 5-10 years, and goes after those with the highest pay, most earned vacation, and a pension (which no longer exists), and replace these knowledgeable and experienced employees with low paid inexperienced younger candidates. They try to look good in the public eye, but all they've done for years is cut benefits and pay.
Cons
Treated as a number
Great company and great work place
Claims fnol (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2016
Answering inbound calls. Taking down information due to car accidents. Transferring callers to the right department or claim reps. I learned to handle callers who were upset and made in a manner that makes them feel better and more comfortable. The managers and coworkers were great! The hardest part of this job was taking the calls where the accidents lead to the death of the callers family member. The best part of my job was getting to talk to new people from all over the world every day!
Pros
Bounus, great people
Fast Paced Work Environment
Workers Compensation Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 7, 2016
If you want to live in Stevens Point, WI, this is a great place to work. If you're willing to learn and put in extra time, you will be given opportunities to advance. The case load can be overwhelming, and organization skills are a must.
Pros
great 401k program
Cons
heavy caseload, understaffing
Good people
LOAN FFICER (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 1, 2016
Leads where horrible, and management did not scrub the leads and you are told when you where hired, some leads called 70 time or more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8