Sentry Insurance Employee Reviews

Do not have anything bad to say regarding the company
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 7, 2016
Very busy throughout the day which was great and before you know it the day is over. You also have the ability to move forward in the company.
Claims
Liability Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 29, 2016
The number of claims received is large. You are expected to make first contact within 24 hours, but you are expected to answer all of your incoming calls.

Work long hours with no work life balance,
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Management and claim volume
work place,
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 28, 2016
Every one is friendly in nature, very enthusiastic, more fun in break time,
Group parties in week ends with the team
cooperative staff in all Aspects.
Pros
free coupons for dinner
Cons
short breaks
Best Job Ever
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 17, 2016
I loved working at Sentry Insurance. My managers were amazing and the assignments were great. I learned so much while working there and wouldn't have left except they relocated my entire location. I chose to stay where I was.

By far the best company I have ever worked for. By far the best managers I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Felt our HR people violated HIPAA too many times
Its a direct sales job...
Business Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2016
Two CEO's, two director of sales & 3 mangers later... Sentry has a huge amount of employee turnover and recruiting from no industry experience candidates. This could be the best job ever if you have a territory with competitive rates, if not, it's very hard to make living selling a product that's 40% more expensive then a competitor. Managers are no help, simply cover territories until another body can be filled.
Pros
Company car and "exclusive" territories... exclusive is slowly eroding away...
Cons
Products not competitive-
Great job - rewarding and challenging.
Post Closing Specialist / Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
Great company. High expectations, but hard work is rewarded accordingly. Suitable for those who enjoy routine and structure. Must be able to adapt as industry regulations change often.
Pros
Great opportunites for personal growth.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for quick advancement within.
Bodily Injury Claim Experience
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2016
I was able to work on bodily injury claims for the first time. I used that experience to pursue my claims career further. The job got tough when employment was cut and I was able to find a better position.
Good Place to be
Senior A&P Mechanic IA (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 4, 2016
Good people and work environment for the most part a good team environment. New equipment and Airplanes. Able to work on your own in a fast paced at times environment.
Wonderful people to work with
Senior Rater (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 28, 2016
The people there were wonderful to work with and if you put in the work, you can advance in your career. The negatives were that we were understaffed and because of that we were required to work overtime every week, but we were compensated fairly. Overall, I would recommend Sentry to anyone looking for a career in insurance.
Unprofessional and company won't last long
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
They hire inexperience managers and think they can belittle you. HR will do nothing about it. Everything is a manual process and expect you to live at work to make goals. Company is a sweat shop and give them about six months to stay in business.
Pros
Cons
Management and pay

Want to know more about Sentry Insurance?

Ask a question
Great Organization, limited room to advance.
Marketing and Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 23, 2016
The organization values its associates but fails to provide any type of advancement opportunities. Many cases of micromanagement from the top-down structure, and the compensation is less than average. Great benefits but overall suffers from an office space like workplace.
Pros
Lots of vacation, nice people.
Cons
Salary, no advancement, micromanagement
Don't plan on retiring from here
Down-sized (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 6, 2016
Decades of work and saved the company millions during the course of my career, only to be let go a couple years before qualifying for early retirement. Sentry is notorious for massive terminations every 5-10 years, and goes after those with the highest pay, most earned vacation, and a pension (which no longer exists), and replace these knowledgeable and experienced employees with low paid inexperienced younger candidates. They try to look good in the public eye, but all they've done for years is cut benefits and pay.
Cons
Treated as a number
Great company and great work place
Claims fnol (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2016
Answering inbound calls. Taking down information due to car accidents. Transferring callers to the right department or claim reps. I learned to handle callers who were upset and made in a manner that makes them feel better and more comfortable. The managers and coworkers were great! The hardest part of this job was taking the calls where the accidents lead to the death of the callers family member. The best part of my job was getting to talk to new people from all over the world every day!
Pros
Bounus, great people
Fast Paced Work Environment
Workers Compensation Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 7, 2016
If you want to live in Stevens Point, WI, this is a great place to work. If you're willing to learn and put in extra time, you will be given opportunities to advance. The case load can be overwhelming, and organization skills are a must.
Pros
great 401k program
Cons
heavy caseload, understaffing
Good people
LOAN FFICER (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 1, 2016
Leads where horrible, and management did not scrub the leads and you are told when you where hired, some leads called 70 time or more.
Claims
Commercial Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 28, 2016
Responsible for dissemination of information to parties involved in an automobile accident (Including explanation of coverage, rights and responsibilities, and options for handling their damage claim/injury)
Heartless
Insurance Rater (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI 54481April 19, 2016
Rather not explain, due to release because of diagnosis of cancer. State company is willing to work with you due to illness, then releases you from your duties.
Applying and pre-employment testing
BI Claims adjuster work from home (Former Employee) –  remotelyApril 11, 2016
I applied for the BI adjuster (work from home) position. I have over 20 years experience as a BI adjuster. I applied and was sent a link to do an "assessment of my skill levels". What I received was an online test for a Call Center employee for Airlines, Credit card companies, Insurance Agent office and Banking.

I have never been a Call Center employee. I have been a Claims adjuster who investigates, evaluates and settles claims involving bodily injuries. The test Sentry put me through was based on how fast you could answer a call, find the information online, answer the caller's question and essentially make no resolution to the problem the customer was calling about.

This "skill level assessment" had absolutely nothing to do with the job duties of a BI claims adjuster.

Shortly after completing the online assessment, I received an email stating I "did not meet the requirements to be a Claims Adjuster" Too funny. What have I been doing for the last 20 years?
Pros
I don't know
Cons
Spending 45 minutes of my life taking their "skill assessment" test that I will never get back.
productive and challenging
claims processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2016
fast paced,great people,great management,challenging and fun. Always looked forward to coming into work.I loved being able to help others and get my tasks done quickly.
Highly productive
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 10, 2016
Sentry Insurance is a highly productive company with great people. The biggest downside would be the lack of overtime pay, as hours would go very much beyond the 40-hour work week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8