Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 1,194 reviews matching the search
Fantastic Company, Horrible Management
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2017
The best company I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Free gratis/products on a weekly basis, generous discount that was often multiplied, great schedules/promotions/pay. Had to leave because the management at my location was horrible.
Appearances arent always as they seem
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2017
Where this job maybe fun from the outside, when you get your foot inside the door the rose colored glasses come off. The perks of gratis is wonderful but its not worth the work. The money does not make up for the stress on the body and mind.
Great working on people and working with different make up
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jay, OKMay 21, 2017
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers because the customer is "always" right and you have to deal with even the rudest people in the most professional matters. What I did enjoy the most about working at Sephora was two things my co workers and the fact customers actually wanted me to try new looks on them! I learned how to use a lot of their technology such as match peoples skin tones to different types of foundations.The atmosphere is super friendly and very neat! We have everything stocked from the beginning of the store until the end and are super friendly with any customer we come in contact with. Management is slightly unorganized but quite helpful overall.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
fun fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
working here was really fun, the energy was always high and everyone is very friendly..It can get stressful sometimes though because of the location of the store.The galleria gets pretty busy but it males the day go by fast
Pros
fun
Cons
it can get busy and hectic
Not a career choice
SKINCARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
Working at Sephora is great for learning artistry and skincare and is a pretty good introduction to the beauty industry. I would say learn what you can and move on. The company expected a lot from their employees in regards to their interactions with "clients" when I worked there and it would get pretty annoying and stressful depending on your management. It is easy to get yourself stuck there, make sure you keep your focus and work toward where you want to go.
Fun Place to work
PRODUCT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 19, 2017
The culture was good and progressive in keeping up with trends and techniques while keeping all of the employees involved and educated. The daily job was very hands-on and enjoyable but it was much more enjoyable if the employee had an appreciation of the art of the job.
Great place
Makeup Artist / Beauty Associate (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 19, 2017
I loved working for Sephora. Learned so much about makeup. awesome customers. great people to work with. discount on makeup. gratis was given every moth with education. would work for again.
dynamic work place with a lot of activity and rare quiet moments in between
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TrevisoMay 19, 2017
Constantly managing the cahsier role almost all the working day, always prepared to help costumers, lay products in order to be functional for the costumers and keep all clean.
I have learned many itmes of approach with clients, problem solving, make-up skills of many others...
It' s definetly a full time giving yourself to costumers type of job
The hardest part starts when it's requiered to take care of many situation in one whenever the costumers visits encrese.
The most pleasurant part is given by the chance to use your make-up skills in order to propose make-up tools to the costumers or accomplish their requests.
Great Place to Learn Professionalism
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
Sephora was my first "real" job. They create a culture of learning and teamwork not seen in many other retail companies. They really focus on training their employees and really focus on keeping their employees through a lot of incentives and benefits.
Pros
Amazing benefits!
Cons
Very long hours
fun environment
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 18, 2017
a very enjoyable work environment working to empower woman and men. Inspires woman and men giving them a safe environment to where they enjoy coming in being themselves.

Want to know more about Sephora?

Ask a question
Still retail
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 18, 2017
If you want to advance in makeup or products in a retail environment its good but its still retail. Customers are rude, bosses are moody, some days its really demanding while others it's painfully slow. The schedule is inconsistent, you will have on calls and have hours cut. Gratis is a huge bonus, company bonus makes a difference in the paycheck. No work life balance.
Pros
gratis
Cons
retail
Fun Place to work ar
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 18, 2017
Sephora is a fun place to work at, the managers though they cae more you about coming to work than any problems you have at home, like sometimes things pop up and they dont care. They dont offer you a raise until you ask for it, and even then probably not. They barely give you enough hours ans when getting a new job they complain. The people who I worked with were incredible and made the conditions there bareable, i loved helping clients and just being part of the enviroment, but management kinda screwed it up for me.
fun place to learn & work
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 18, 2017
working here was fun, learned a lot about make up , company values & ethics played with new products , learned a bunch of techniques . i would recommend this job
Pros
gratis, work enviorment
Cons
management
Cashier and Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 18, 2017
A typical day at Sephora can be enjoyable if it does not get packed. However that is expected in that store it like candy for men and women. I learned about skincare and all cosmetic products, however i was already informed due to my love of the products. Management in the company is horrible!!! Some of the Directors care about your knowledge and growth in the company and others do not. . Some are used as a pawn to do mangers bedding. However the main concern is that there is covert racism in the location that i work at. However it can be a good company depending on where you work.
Pros
the Gratis
Cons
Management no work, life balance if you have children
Difficult
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 18, 2017
I love what I do, I've done it for many years. I was recruited from another big store to work at here. That being said...I hate working here. It seems glamourous until you actually get in. If you don't have to earn a living then you should be fine. But if you have family, bills a life, then this isn't doable. Schedule is supposed to come out Wednesday for the following week. It might show up then...or Thursday, or Friday...who knows. Also, when they say you'll get big bonuses....maybe. But the company sets such high goals that we get low bonuses. There is a very partial management team here and definitely favoritism abounds. You might be scheduled 10-4 but since business is down for the day, they'll cut your shift and send you home hours early. Or you might be scheduled 11-3 with and on call of 3-6. Who has the ability to "maybe " work 4 or 7 hours without any advanced knowledge. I could go on but it's enough. I'm sooo disappointed.
Pros
gratis
Cons
short 10 minute breaks, schedule out late, favoritism, low pay, hours aren't dependable
Productive workplace fun environment to work in.
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 17, 2017
Throughout my time in Sephora I've learned so much in the past 2 years. Ive learned to handle stressful situations so much better from working. Ive also learned how to handle a very upset client. A typical work day is usually walking around assisting clients and helping them find the perfect product that they need. The workplace culture is always friendly and very big on teamwork. The hardest part of the job would have to be handling a very upset client in a sensitive situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the client walk out with a smile on their face satisfied with their experience with us.
Enjoyed my time at Sephora
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Sephora is a wonderful company to work for, the compensation is competitive, benefits are very decent. The fact that it is retail is always a bummer, but I really enjoyed my time at Sephora. It only got bad because of a terrible manager but Sephora dealt with her very appropriately and I really appreciated that.
Pros
Discount, Gratis, Advancement
Cons
Compensation is good not great, retail environment gets stressful with both clients and management
Packer
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
It sucked there was way to many people everywhere and
There was no sigh of organization, there was to many new.
People everyday and people leaving every day
Fun and Educational
OPS Cast Memeber (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 16, 2017
Each shift is great. You get to teach people so many new things. The people I work with are all fun and different. Customer service has its challenges but it is a great place to learn.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Schedules come out late
Productive Workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMay 15, 2017
Good job
High pace job
On feet for 12 hours
two 15 minutes breaks
30 minute lunch
hardest part about the jobs was working 12 hours on your feet no-stop and then you had to keep your score above 80
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval