Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 1,146 reviews matching the search
Great Place To Work
Manager/Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Great place to work and thrive. Really thrive to empower employees to be great. Educate employees with products and programs, acknowledge hard work and initiative, and positive atmosphere all around. Corporate level positions you have to relocate to San Francisco is only negative that I have.
Cons
Retail
all always disorganzied
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYApril 20, 2017
very disorganized, not growth, favortism, and nepotism, never had hours, never enough workers, each manager had their own rules, lots of hypocrisy,and very little flexibility with schedule changes.
Horrible place to work
beauty advisdor/make up artist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 19, 2017
**a typical day for me is restocking products, doing returns at the register or foundation matching someone.

**management is HORRIBLE, she talkes down to me in front of a customer. has made me cry, talked to me like im a child, scolds me, blamed me and me alone for the store doing badly when Ive only been here for 30 days and only worked about 1/2 of the days ive been employed. She stands over me and corrects me in front of the customer...not like if I do something wrong on the register, no im talking like she will interrupt me talking to the customer and say that im saying something wrong or that Im wrong about information im giving the just because I don't say it the way SHE would.... she is terrible. I worked a 10 and 1/2 hour day on a Saturday and she tried to talk me out of taking my SCHEDULED hour long lunch and only taking a 30........

The ONLY enjoyable part of this job is the girls I work with, they are great.
It was fun but
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHApril 19, 2017
Being the youngest in my location, I was very behind the other workers. Most were married and had children and I still hadn't graduated high school. Too difficult to work around my schedule and ended up doing 95% of the others work anyways. Everyone else dragged their feet. Just not for me, even though I love the industry.
Pros
Play with makeup all day
Cons
Not everyone worked as a team; too much drama
Family fun enivornnent
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 19, 2017
Place to play and learn and work. You learn so much on development,talent,and what it takes to get to next. The values are everything. It keeps there people happy
Pros
Parking, reimbursment, values
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Very nice place to work if you Love people!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILApril 18, 2017
Being a Beauty manager is great sometimes stressful, you start your day out analyzing the business, making a touch base of the day. Perform some operational task. Then off to the fun part, making people feel Beautiful!!
Pros
The abilty to make your owe schudule, free education and gratis
Cons
LONG HOURS, and heavy workload at times.
Sephora review
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work is assisting clients with their questions and concerns about products. I learned how to communicate better with people. Most enjoyable is watching the client walk out happy with their purchase.
great
Makeup Artistry (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 17, 2017
pros Fast paste, fun coworkers, Great atmosphere, but really striked. Must follow all protocols. Cannot be shy or they'll have you do cashier. I would say my cons are, they have favoritism and you see that through all the managers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
favoritsim judgemental
Sephora
SHIFT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2017
Great place to work! I left because I had to move out of state to care for my parents. The leadership and management team are always looking for ways to improve and build a safe work environment for their employees. Always finding was to motivate their people and push their team to achieve not only company goals, but individual goals as well to move up within the company.
Pros
Great enviroment, great leadership
Cons
The best experience i ever had in life. Company is very attentive and work with you to make you feel comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 14, 2017
Sephora was by far my best experience in life. I learned how to be a team player and learned how to communicate with people. You become the best listener during workplace. High energy at all times, you feel happy very often
It's good for what it is
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
The job itself is fun, but upper management stresses sales goals to the point of putting pressure on yourself and ruins the client experience. There is room to grow but honestly the pay does not reflect the amount of work one has to do for the job.
Pros
discounts, free items, learning culture
Cons
bad management, stressful
Awesome and tons of education
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 12, 2017
My experience at Sephora was great, they promote within the compnay, so that's a plus. A fun, enjoyabel job! Every week we were required education on Sephora University, which was also a treat to stay on trend with other beauty industries.
Sephora
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDApril 12, 2017
I dread everything about this place from the supervisors to the employees and the work itself. The supervisors have no respect for their subordinates and that attitude feeds into work culture becoming the attitude of the employees. I felt severe displeasure working at Sophora, especially facing daily harassment from my coworkers.
Workplace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2017
The individuals at Sephora have a willingness to educate and motivate each other. They also are dedicated to the Sephora brand and mission. There is a real sense of team work.
Enjoyable work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 11, 2017
Enjoyable work environment, but not very flexible when it comes to unexpected life incidents. You learn very fast how to maintain a smile and great customer service under stress. The hardest part of the job, personally, was maintaining my physical well being while working, due to my own personal injuries. Overall this was one of my most enjoyable places to work.
Great company
Beauty studio coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 8, 2017
One of the best companies I've worked for! Great for employees with children, and always willing to work with scheduling. A lot of room for advancement, and you feel like management want to see you succeed.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Low hourly wage
Fun place for any makeup lover!!!!!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 8, 2017
Overall great place to work. You meet new people and play in makeup all day. Pay was decent for part time position. Management was always helpful and friendly even or regional director was amazing.
productive and nice place to work
Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2017
I am really enjoy to work at Sephora it was very pleasant I was the training manager for Dior and I enjoy to lean new product I enjoy every day to go the work
Fun place to learn
Color Artist (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 7, 2017
I love makeup and I love making clients feel beautiful. I wish there were more opportunities to move up in the company. Also, I feel that pay could be better for the amount of work Color Artists have to do.
Pros
Always learning, fun work envorioment, management is very understanding
Cons
low pay, no room for advancement
It was work but didn't like the management
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 6, 2017
I stayed at my job due to the fact that I needed the money and the workers made it enjoyable as far as the management .. they were (one person ) disrespectful and had no respect for the workers there and had no idea what or how the packers were supposed to do their job and would get on them for thugs they were doing right .
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.