Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

Good company
Distributor/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 18, 2015
Good company i had to relocate so i did not get to see to much of the company or get to enjoy any of the benefits that they have.
fun work place
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 16, 2015
working at Sephora is awesome! you make people feel beautiful and get to teach them new and exciting things about the world of make up and skin care.
Pros
gratis, fun work envionment, flexible hours
Cons
always work weekends
Fun, Energetic, Growth
Sales Associate/Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 15, 2015
I started off as a cashier and then moved to color. It was a very engaging company, they were all about growth within their team and customer service was NUMBER 1. I loved that they held a strong structure and you can see how this company is so successful. My coworkers were amazing. I learned the best customer service strategies here which I think in any business/company is always the ultimate goal. I loved how you can make a career out of Sephora, they have the best benefits and pay.
Pros
Fun, energetic, you can definitely make a career out of this company
Cons
Sometime the long hours for season can get overwhelming for those that have not worked in this area.
Creative and Innovative
Education Lead - Promoted in August 2014 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2015
Sephora is a wonderful company. As Sephora experiences it's second year with new CEO, it is obvious that the vision is changing. Management is often visibly upset with new unrealistic goals, with is eventually transferred on the the impression of the client. The artist - client relationship has been broken entirely. Despite recent what recent marketing suggest, you are encouraged to discover at Sephora, but no longer to play and try on. If you'd like a personal touch and relationship with your artist, I suggest going to a counter.
Pros
unparalleled training, artistry practice, gratis
Cons
retail hours, micromanagement, no holidays, horrible management, overly technical enviorment.
Productive fun atompshere
Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2015
everyday is a learning experience whether its with clients or our products. I enjoy developing my artistry skills and learning new tips and tricks
nice
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 10, 2015
wonderful people - good gratis - good hours and pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay - good benefits - good breaks - nice people
It was fun!!!!
Skin Care Specialist/Esthetic (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 10, 2015
Great place to work.. Always had great classes that were always extremely knowledgable in skin care and hands on make college. I enjoyed it while it lasted.. Just make sure you get comfortable shoes on your feet all day...
Pros
loved all my colleagues and always had classes to grow from
Cons
customers at short hill are extremly RUDE!!!!!
Cosmetics Management
Store Manager/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Great growing company with high morale. Employees and management are treated well, but with low salary standard. Extensive, daily training and cosmetics perks.
Very supportive management team
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CADecember 9, 2015
I have enjoyed working with this company so far. I have learned so much and I love the strong teamwork vibe. The enjoyable part of the job so far is working alongside my peers and constantly learning from them.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 7, 2015
fun work environment. managers are great. free makeup. always something new and fun to see. great discount. free products every month. work meeting are also fun. not enough hours however so you will need an additional job. everyone has multiple jobs.
Pros
free products
Cons
not enough hours
An innovative and inspirational workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2015
I have worked for Sephora for two and a half years now and am seen by the company as an elevated color artist. Everyday I come into work to learn the daily sales goal, our customer appreciation scores from the previous day and watch one to two short videos about brands we sell in store to further my knowledge on them. In my opinion, our products can sell themselves, however creating a relationship with my clients by sharing my knowledge about products keeps the clients from returning products as well as builds client rapport. The best part of working at Sephora is working with my clients. I make sure that everyone that walks through the door is greeted immediately and I ask what brought them in. I avoid asking close ended questions such as, "Can i help you find anything?" Instead asking, "what brought you in today?" shows them that they understand I sincerely want to help them. Sharing my tips and tricks to make women feel more empowered, empowers me. I strive to make every woman that walks through the door special. I even share my knowledge with my coworkers to strengthen their artist skills.
fun and loving environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2015
The customers were very loving and open to opinions and cosmetic advice. It was a great place to learn how to keep a great attitude at all times and it was simple in the great environment. I feel like all women should be required to work at a place like Sephora, in order to keep their woman warrior grace strong and glowing
Pros
frequent breaks, free samples! learn new techniques
Cons
5am inventory
Fun atmosphere, no work life balance
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 2, 2015
I worked for this company for almost 5 years and two locations. I was seen as an elevated cast member and worked in all world's of the store (skincare, fragrance, and color. After experiencing major health issues my work performance started struggling. I was sent on a medical leave, only to be told through an email that it was actually not approved because I was a partial full time associate, but I need not worry because they found someone to replace my position. So basically I was terminated after 5 years of being a loyal employee with a great record, due to health issues (I was later diagnosed with Lupus).
Pros
Gratis, fun environment, great training
Cons
treat valued employees like dirt
great place to work
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2015
sephora really cares about their employees. there is a lot of training and education to become the best associate you can be.
Terrible work evironment
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2015
Terrible hours, bad pay, poor management, very unorganized, and not a team friendly work environment. I currently work here and do not ever see my self being able to make a career out of this. this job is overall a terrible place to move up in and a terrible place to work. I do not now nor ever would recommend this place to anybody.
Rewarding and Fun!
Fragrance Consultant / Operations (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 10, 2015
Sephora is a wonderful company. Great if you want a well-rounded client driven retailer to work for. You will either work in operations, cashwrap, skincare, fragrance, or "color" aka makeup. The most advancement is in color and reward is in color.
Pros
gratis makeup
Cons
not enough hours, low starting pay
Great Teamwork
Freelance Account Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2015
Working with the Sephora Team was a great experience. Their constant training and education was a benefit as a Brand Manager.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Need for more flexibility in scheduling
sephora
Animation Lead/Fragrance/Color Cast (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Being at Sephora was exciting everyday because there was always something new coming out along with on the job training there was always extensive education and updated was on site tools was very accessible to every employee the customers were very open to new things on top of every employee received all the new products while providing excellent customer service and product knowledge employee always had to look the part with make up
Fast paced enviorment
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Ever changing and trendy work place. I have grown as an employee of this company since being hired. I have learned many things from exceptional leaders and they have helped me to excel within this company. Co-workers and I are driven and passionate about the business and work well together as a team.The hardest part of the job is work life balance. I have come to recognize that this is a part of retail management and i am doing my best to keep this balance and remain goal oriented.The most enjoyable aspect of working at Sephora is the people. Both internal and external clients are what i look forward to. from acquiring, hiring, or developing the talent within the company to making a clients day by simply finding a new color to bring out their natural beauty. This is what truly motivates me!
benefits
Cons
short or no lunch breaks.
Stay away!
Manager, Corporate Facilities (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2015
The company is trying to push to achieve higher employee satisfaction however, they first need to get managers that share the same passion for this. The company is very top heavy with plenty of VPs and Directors leaving little room for Coordinator and Supervisor roles to actually do work. The company as a whole has very low moral. Meeting-centric culture which leaves no room to do actual work.
Pros
Great bonus structure for salaried people
Cons
Given that we are surrounded by fun and onnovative tech companies, Sephora hardly offers any perks. Everyone talks about work-life balance but nobody actually does it.