Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 1,006 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Beauty Consultant/Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
Very fun and diverse place to work, you get to meet alot of makeup artist and people . The best part is gratis and trying new makeup and skincare trends, you get to use alot of the new products before anyone else. I work in meatpacking district so fashion week is very popular around my area.
Pros
gratis
Cons
hours
Fun place to work! Not much room for advancement.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 28, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Sephora, but am looking for advancement in the workplace. There is never enough coverage or hours to allow for coverage. Constantly feel short staffed and not enough hours in the day to get management duties accomplished.
Great place to learn
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2016
Sephora have a great way to educate and elevate their people, with continuous trainings and seminars, education stations and education leaders in almost every store.
productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2016
Great day to day job very pleasant work environment to learn, grow, and develop. Dealing with inbound and outbound calls while working on emails.
Pros
great coworkers
Fun work place
Senior Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVDecember 21, 2016
Sephora is big on education. All PC's will be educated on most products. They are also required to do research on their own. If you have a good BM the job is fun and easy going. You get paid to but makeup on people which is awesome!
great teamwork professionals and great job experience.
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Meatpacking District New York, NYDecember 21, 2016
Every day is a class for me, I learn new things and I feel already that I am growing as a professional for the company and for myself. People come everyday to find beauty where they don't think it exist and we make sure they know how beauty could be seen without any judgment. Sephora celebrate beauty and give the best costumer service.
fun enviorment for cosmetic sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108December 21, 2016
working for this company definitely made me grow more into the retail industry as a person and as a sales associate to develop my skills for a future management position
Pros
hours, pay, growth
Cons
nothing
Sephora is good but this location was poorly managed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 20, 2016
Sephora is great, but the location I work for is awful. I've had my time sheet falsified on several occasions and when I reported it, they fixed it but refused to take action against the manager responsible!
Wonderful Company Culture
Management, Color Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2016
I've worked for this company in a few states and both times it was a wonderful and highly educational place to work. Sephora has its people as a priority and knows people work for people which is rare to find in today's current economy and business models in the workforce. Their pay rate for the amount of work expected is a little on the lower side, but they do try to make up for it with great perks and benefits.
Pros
Gratis, Company Culture
Sephora
Beauty Studio Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 14, 2016
Great place to work if you are into the beauty industry. Compensated with Gratis which was a great addition to a minimum wage job. Work life balance important.
Pros
Makeup
Cons
Work holidays and weekends
Picking. Packing
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 13, 2016
Need A job asap I have good warehousing experience im also A hard worker All I did was Labeled boxes picking items and ship them off some days it was busy some days it was slow .. it was Easy for me Some days i put away I have good Warehousing experience... I'll do anything im a very hard Worker
An amazing place to work at
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
Working here with all the customers and fellow co-workers was such a blast. Getting to learn and be able to teach customers about skin-care, fragrances, and makeup was the best part of working here!
Pros
Gratis
High pace self motivating member
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDDecember 12, 2016
You must be able to work at a fast pace enviorment to work here and must be able to work independently without getting distracted
Evolving Place of Employment
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDDecember 12, 2016
During the 9 years that I have been employed at Sephora, this company has grown tremendously. The volume of sales continue to increase. More staff has been added - including more management. Also, we have been building new building to support the growing demands. Because of this growth, Sephora has been able to provide more opportunities for staff, such as myself, to advance.
it depends on your skill
MAKEUP ARTIST/COLOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 10, 2016
Sephora is better in the beginning of your makeup career. You only get benefits if you're full time. the gratis is great! more advance traing would be nice
Could be a tad more comfortable for employees. Break room is needed, overall a nice environment.
Sales Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2016
The company is a bit to focused on customers and not on the employees. Without happy employees there are no happy customers. It is a domino effect. Employees need to feel more appreciated.
Pros
Focus on self acceptance and happiness daily
Cons
Breaks are not mandatory, they can change your schedule last minute within the week. In calls are inconvienant.
Fun energy and a place to grow!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2016
I was hired as a seasonal cashier but in a short amount of time I have explored different worlds and am extremely happy in the fragrance world.
yikes never again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2016
the employees and staff are very snobby. management doesnt show much care for their staff. if you are unaware about something it is hard to get answers
Great starter job
Senior Skincare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2016
If you're in need of exposure to the beauty industry this is the place to start. perfect if this isn't your main source of income.
Pros
Gratis/discount
Cons
pay is not competitive
Fun for Part Time, Not Always Stable for Pay
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great company, but experience varies on location. If a store does well, you can get sales bonuses and hours aplenty. If sales are down, hours are cut to the bone. People tend to be friendly, though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.